Look ma, no hands!

Beets

pjena: " We tell our boys all the time: "Do or do not.  There is no try."  (boys respond to Star Wars quotes)"

------

Jen I had to tell you how much I loved this. I always think of that Yoda quote.  So true, too. :wub: Yoda. 

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meghan, where did kids go? I clicked on pic to see closer and oppp there is this dark confident lady staring at me. What a contrast and quite an experience, hehe. You and Mo are quite a pair now. Femmes fatale.

I am so glad to read that you are devoting time to working on photos and your photo business development, good news. Good food news is great to read too.

Mo, I love them too! I like painting all nails in one bold color and do one/two nails per hand with print. Do you find that some are just stickier than others? I had the lace print and it just won't stay on the nail nommatter what, while flowers print stayed for 5 days! I wonder if it's the time spent on the shelf.

I have bought some that were dried up and just returned them. CVS and Walgreens are major chain drugstores here that have a no questions asked return policy. I tell you, during my starving artist days I bought one tube of tinted lip balm and when it got 3/4 used up the twisty-upper thing would mysteriously break and I would replace it. I did that for 4 years. Hahaha now though I only return things that are ACTUALLY defective. Or that I don't like.

I'm eating goat cheese, too.  It doesn't bother my belly like other dairy and it gives me another fat option when all of my avocados are hard as rocks and my meal doesn't lend itself to cooking in oil and I'm trying not to give into the anybutter monster. :)  Better than pie!

Gorgeous gorgeous day. Low 80s and dry as a bone with a breeze. Stayed mostly on template (late breakfast I'm looking at you!), did my exercise vid, walked after dinner: bright gibbous moon, glowing hydrangea, lightning bugs!

Oh please keep that weather there for another 2 weeks! Dry as a bone with a breeze sounds perfect. One thing I don't miss about the East Coast is the humidity. Ugh.

Did you catch some of those lightening bugs with your kids?

• Moderators

Sounds like those evening walks are pure magic. Sometimes I think the most radical thing we can do to improve our lives is simply tweak our daily routine. Good for you!

DB: if this weather holds for another day it will be a miracle. Sorry to say! I think we get usually five of these days a summer. The last two summers I was practically a shut in, it was so humid. So, don't worry I won't try to find you, just curious how you ended up coming to Bk? Do you know Park Slope? Have you lived here? Just curious.

Lady M: the walks are magical. I'm not walking very far or fast but it's enough.

Beets, whatever you're walking is theperfectbhealing amount for your life today. Please don't compare yourself to anyone else, or let anything/anyone have you feeling like you're not doing enough. a perfect moment is golden. Smile over each tiny accomplishment. Being a mom is such hard work and often leaves so little energy for ourselves. Celebrate yourself mama!

I agree with Calee.  The other day, I may have wanted to run and sweat, but I had to play on the playground with my son.  Maybe not a "workout" but much more fun and much more important.  Any movement we get is good.  Our time is not our own, so we have to work it in how and when we can.  A meditative walk probably does more for your soul than a tough workout after a long day with the kids!  Enjoy the weather.  We have humidity that is probably heading your way!  At least it's warm, though, and there's this weird yellow ball in the sky that we haven't seen much of this year.  I'll take the humid with the sun.

Thanks guys! I've stayed on plan the last couple days--no dried fruit. I took some pics of myself that I may or may not share. At some point. When my post baby donut (around the belly button) is a little flatter.

But I'm happy with where I am, room for improvement not withstanding, I feel happy with where I ended the week. I remember looking at myself in the mirror when I turned 19, thinking "I'm going to remember what I look like now forever." If it was now, I'd have taken 600 selfies and posted them on 20 different social mediums. But it was, oh, 1993?? so I didn't. I'd justt watched the Bulls v the Suns and OJ driving like a crazy person, broke up with my high school boyfriend, 20 years ago, sheeeeeeeeeeit! (And I have only a very vague recollection of what I looked like. But I do remember the full moon on the ocean, and hundreds of sand crabs in the swash.)

I did achieve my goal of being happy with what I did this week: daily exercise vid, walks (except rainy night and tonight, garden potluck/meeting) and sticking with the plan as best I could. The beginning of the week was rocky, food-wise, but I pulled it together and didnt eat the pie or dates or ice cream in my house. Or any more cheese.

Tonight I made a slaw (with caraway seed, raisins, YO mayo) to bring to the garden potluck, and lamb burgers. But the grill wasn't on and I had no means to get it going. (Def more of a vegan/pescatarian crew assembled.) Ppl liked my slaw. But the real hit was a strawberry rhubarb crumble with whipped cream. I ate some. Worth it. Amazing. And some red wine.

I am considering a w-- down the road, after July 4th. But for now I'll keep bumbling along like I've been doing. Wanting to be proud of myself when I wake up in the am kept me from nibbling on dried fruit or drinking wine (till tonight's small glass).

Tomorrow we are going hiking upstate. Yay! Will be crazy to get them out of here. But worth it.

Beets, I'm so happy reading about your self appreciation. You sound terrific. Is tomorrow your birthday????

You're not bumbling along, you're walking your own best journey. Have a wonderful time hiking!

I agree with percypat and the others above who all said versions of "dang!" about your progression in pictures!  You have made major changes in your body and you look fabulous.  Now, next time you take such a picture, smile at your lovely self!!  :)

Archived