Best Storage Containers

nikiuw

I'm always on the move for breakfast and lunch, and currently, I bring about 6 Rubbermaid containers with me for my meals. I hate it. I look like I'm on my way to a Tupperware/Rubbermaid party.

Does anyone have any recommendations for good "on-the-go" storage containers (different sizes)?

I was thinking about getting a bento box, too. Needs to be leak-proof. My Rubbermain containers are leaky. And I don't like my food mixing. Yes, I sound like a 3-year old.

Thanks!

I guess maybe try a bento box?  I have a bento box I never use because those little containers aren't big enough for me LOL  I dump all my stuff in one container for lunch, usually. 

My favorite containers are my Ziploc divided containers. Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/Ziploc-Divided-Container-Rectangle/dp/B002LFLYT8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1371044032&sr=8-2&keywords=ziploc+divided+container

But you can also find them at any Walmart, etc. My favorite part? You can put a liquid (like a dip or something) in one of sections, adn it won't leak into the others!

I use the Rubbermaid Premier containers. They're not cheap but they are completely leak and stain proof, and they last forever. I bought most of my containers at least 7 years ago & they look brand new. They also stack really well and the lids lock together for storage. Highly recommended!

I use glass - old recycled jars especially for soup. I also have a set of Snapware from Coscto - glass tupperwares with leakproof non-BPA lids. No dividers but they come in a range of sizes including very small! I also have tiny Nalgenes from the container store for things like EVOO, dressings etc.

I also use glass, I bought 3, 18 pc sets of snapware pyrex glass storage conatiners and ditched all my plastic.  I also have mass amounts of mason jars in all sizes.  I do a lot of canning so always have them on hand.  I love mason jars for storage!

Glass for the fridge. All of mine are Pyrex, Anchor Hocking, Ball or these awesome Italian jars I have with airtight seals. Im thinking about getting a bunch of Weck jars bc the rubber seals don't have BPA like Ball/mason jar screw tops.

But OP was asking about subdivided lunch containers. :D

Am I the only one that uses glass? I have a large collection of pyrex with lids and mason jars and other assorted saved jars. 

I use a ton of glass too.. just depends on what the leftovers are that I'm hauling to work :)

Am I the only one that uses glass? I have a large collection of pyrex with lids and mason jars and other assorted saved jars. 

I'm all glass, too. I love using canning jars and Snapware.  But I park pretty close to the office.  If I had a long commute, carrying the extra weight might get old.

I have one of these and love it. The top is pretty much leakproof. Someone suggested using silicone muffin cups inside to separate foods, which isn't a bad idea but I've never done it. I have the Medium sized tiffin from Happy Tiffin, I do kind of wish I'd gotten a smaller one because this one holds enough food for two people. You could take it on a picnic. http://www.happytiffin.com/happy-tiffin-everyday-3-tier-latch-tiffin.html#.Ub-Y8ue-oxg

What do you guys use when you cook for like a week?  Some of what I cook is chicken but my freezer is so small it's hard to fit it in there, so I have to prepare it the night before so I can just put it in the oven when I get home.  

However - sometimes I'm too tired to do that, so I'd rather cook a bunch of stuff.  Is it cost effective to use the food storage (vacuum wrapped) stuff or should I just buy a freezer?

Archived