Physibeth's Post-W30 Log

Physibeth

Well just pickle relish sounds kind of awful to me and the whole batch is toast now...all converted to my dressing. It wasn't too bad so I think I can get through at least some of it before I give up and bin the rest. ;)

The 20 minute timer works great when you actually get up and do it. I did that Monday and Wednesday to great results. Must make some progress on scripting and housework today. MUST! Husband comes home tomorrow and I want the apartment to look at least a little better than when he left. ;)

Lights were out by 10:40 last night but I was awake again for a while around 1am. Brain was whirring with silly stuff. Slight tummy offness last night. Probably the protein powder (it has stevia, sunflower seed lecitin, and natural flavors in it). I'm going to use the canister up because it was expensive but I also order some grassfed whey protein powder that has no other ingredients so I can compare and contrast. Woke up around 6:30 and than drifted in and out until about 8am.

Limiting myself to fun Sh'Bam class today as far as the gym. Must clean all the things. MUST! ;)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning all! I might have to hit the reset button on my procrastination challenge on Monday. Friday I did a pretty good job of staying on my scripting tasks and keeping up with my cleaning but was tired when I got home from the gym and probably should have showered and gone to bed but instead stayed up way too late watching tv. Had to get up early too to pick up the husband from the airport. Yesterday I reaped the get nothing done benefit of getting only 5 hours of sleep. Woot.  :rolleyes: Food wise I stuck to my rules on Friday. Yesterday I went to see The Fault in Our Stars with a friend (should have brought a box of tissues to that one yikes!) and then we went and got Thai Food. We shared an order of fresh rolls and I enjoyed a plate of Pad Thai (though we realized half way through our meal that she got my 2 star and I got her 0 star doh!) and we split fried bananas with vanilla ice cream. All thoroughly worth it. I probably should have nixed dessert because I had had a coconut milk hot chocolate after my 2nd meal but instead I just won't allow added sugar today.

I did manage to eek out around 8 hours of sleep last night. Glorious! I woke once around 3:30 when husband came to bed but other than that slept pretty uninterrupted from around midnight until just before 8 and then dozed for another half hour.

Picking up 4 pastured chickens that I ordered today. Not entirely sure they are going to fit in my freezer, time to do some cleansing I think. I bought a bunch of organizing bins for the freezer in preparation for the other meat I ordered that I get next month.  Might have to work on that project today.

• Moderators

Hooray for off roading being totally worth it, sleeping long and well, and having an abundance of food. I actually enjoy the challenge of using what I have in the freezer. And I use it as a reminder not to buy too much. Yesterday at the farmers market I wanted a whitefish filet but told myself I had to use the salmon in my freezer first.

Good luck making good sleep and turning off the tv a habit!

Thanks ladies! Spent most of yesterday playing video games and watching tv.  :rolleyes:

Picked up my chickens and managed to get 3 of them in the freezer and one is in the fridge so need to cook that today. After picking up the chickens went to get husband food at Fred Meyer. When I came out of there it was torrential downpour and I didn't have a jacket so I had to run for it. I was wearing my Tom's too...wet feet nice. From there off to the co-op for Bethany food.  ;) Food was ok yesterday and I stuck to my no added sugar to make up for 2 incidents on Saturday. I probably could have had more veggies yesterday. 

Meeting with my trainer this morning, babysitting this evening, and then teaching tonight. In between all that need to at the very least get the kitchen tidy again. Despite staying up late watching tv I managed about 7 hours of sleep I think. 

Congrats Bethany! I think your plan sounds solid.

I am so not good at being ask a million questions girl. Goes against the fabric of my being. :)

Yeah me too which is why I just don't eat out when I'm Whole30ing. Easier that way. 

Good morning folks. My trainer quite literally kicked my butt yesterday. So sore this morning! Made teaching last night interesting as well. Had another low veggie day. Need to remedy that! I did manage to stay pretty productive in the short period I was home in the afternoon so that is good. Got close to 8 hours of sleep last night too which is also good. Off to teach another WIM class this morning and I'm teaching BP tonight. Going to need to stretch a lot this afternoon and visit with the foam roller. :)

• Moderators

As a bodypump student, I never minded--and even appreciated--the instructors letting the class know when they'd trained legs hard outside of class and were therefore going light on weight--BUT that that was no reason why we could go light. Take care of yourself!

Totally, I'm always really straight forward with both where I'm at and what I expect from my class. Especially in lunges where so many people try to push their weights before they have proper form. The lunge track I'm going to teach today I have trouble even finishing so I will drop my bar and give them all their options. I picked up some L-Glutamine powder today as my trainer said that might help with recovery. She suggested something else as well but I couldn't find that product without soy in it. The guy in the store said I would be fine without it when I told him I eat a paleo diet.

Class did go well last night. Still sore this morning. Luckily today is a rest day before the madness starts again on Thursday. ;)

Little better on veggies yesterday. Interest level is low. Need to fix that. 

Not quite enough sleep last night. I woke up at 5:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep.

Signed up for a CXWORX training in August. Time to start the hover challenge up again in preparation.

How can you eat low on veggies when you have a CSA??? :P  I'm too frugal to let anything go to waste.  It's kind of an obsession.  Maybe not a good one.  But, I try very hard to make sure we eat everything possible in our boxes.  It's expensive food!  We're going to eat it, darn it!  LOL  Maybe you can borrow my obsession to help get in your veggies?  Not that I want to pass on my neurosis to others...   :ph34r:

I have fallen off the hover challenge wagon, too.  I'll start it back up with you!

Jen please pass on your obsession! I hate throwing away food too I just find myself lacking creativity/motivation with the veggies I have. Very poor excuse indeed! Plus I have so much lettuce and absolutely no desire to have salad lately. Although I bought a salad at Whole Foods yesterday. How ridiculous is that?

Woke up early again today despite all efforts to go back to sleep. Still a little sore this morning. Had a productive morning yesterday then took the cat back to the vet (still having diarrhea problems with her) and then had a friend over. Was going to make a Pad Thai recipe from Elana's Pantry cookbook. When I cut open the spaghetti squash that I cooked in the crock pot the seeds in the middle were sprouting. Yuck! One of them looked a little moldy too. Yuck yuck! So we binned it and went to Whole Foods where I got a bunless burger with cheese, bacon, and carmelized onions and a few fries. Had a salad with candied walnuts and cranberries. So that was my one off plan meal for this week. Took husband's car in for an oil change and ordered regular Americano at Starbucks instead of half caff like I usually do in the afternoon (maybe that was why such restless sleep?). Came home and did my nails/organized my ridiculous nail polish collection and watched Gilmore Girls and So You Think You Can Dance until bedtime.

Teaching BODYPUMP this morning, then meeting with the GFM at another gym I'm going to teach at, and then teaching WIM tonight. Crazy crazy week!

My music player crapped out on me after the warmup this morning. Yikes! Glad I had my playlist on another device with me as well. Still managed to finish on time. Did lunges with the bar today and just barely finished. Great class though despite all the bumps!

Just letting you all know I'm still here. Went a bit further off road this weekend than I like. I was kind of in a funk but not really a good excuse for the choices I made. My body let me know that they weren't great too. Had to do some cleaning finally yesterday because we had company coming over. Got through all my classes and looking forward to a massage this morning. Hopefully a less crazy teaching week this week. I did teach BP Saturday and Sunday morning and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be as far as soreness goes. In fact I managed the lunge track with the bar both days. I've been wanting to spend some time in the kitchen turning all my vegetables into forms that I can just grab and add to my plate. Maybe today will be the day. :) 

Archived