Physibeth's Post-W30 Log

Physibeth

I hope you have a veggie filled, productive week!

Yesterday, I washed and chopped ALL the veggies in my fridge (from CSA and shopping) and divided a bunch of it into 4 big containers for my lunch salads this week and 2 containers of veggies for the kids to munch on for lunch and before dinner and just some lettuce left for dinner salads.  That way, I know it will all be eaten and none will go to waste.  You could try that...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How's the procrastination challenge going?

Not so great. We'll see how this week goes now that I have some forced cleaning momentum.

My massage therapist had a field day with me today after all the classes I taught last week. I'll be back there next week. Need to use the dang foam roller!

Well the massage was great but it made my sore as well. :D Been a slightly more calm week after teaching 8 classes last week. Taught WIM 3 nights and am teaching BODYPUMP this morning. Had a great session with my trainer too where she was a bit kinder to my glutes than last week. I also got to take Sh'Bam on Tuesday which was nice. Next week is going to be another crazy one as we are launching all the new Les Mills stuff at both the gyms I work for. I'll be doing a lot of team teaching (I don't get paid for those) but it will be good to get the release really in my head. 

On the food front things have been alright. Have not been 100% sticking to the rules I set for myself but I've mostly been sticking to the template. I bought some raw cheddar this week that I have been having on burgers and trying not to snack on. Based on how much I've had it though I'm not going to buy it again this week. Maybe limit to a once a month purchase. I tried using a whole egg to make my mayo yesterday and it came out more running than normal. I'm guessing I didn't need to add the Tbs of water when I use the white too? That mayo might turn into a jar of ranch dressing. I roasted all my turnips yesterday but they turned out really mushy. I ate a bunch anyway and I think I'm going to try cooking them longer when I reheat the rest. Been doing more whey protein shakes than egg whites and sweet potato mostly because I find them more palatable especially when it is warm like it has been.

Oh and in case Nadia is still reading this I painted my nails with a teal sparkly glitter polish on Wednesday. So shiny! 

Released our new BODYPUMP this morning and it was great! Tummy is starting to feel better today after stupidly eating 2 slices of real pizza on Friday. Felt off all day yesterday. Not much else to report. Photo from before class this morning (I'm the one on the left) before we got all sweaty. Was super fun.

post-19395-0-27591400-1404067333_thumb.j

Thanks Sara! Taught Round 2 of the new BODYPUMP this morning at 6 am. So sleepy! Might need to take a nap sometime today before teaching WIM tonight. Pretty decent food day yesterday and was productive. Need to be productive today! I started strong last week and then tapered off...need to stay strong this week. Need to make a meal plan too. I defrosted some chicken wings that I plan to cook today.

I have seen so many people talking about kombucha and quite frankly, I am a bit afraid of it.  What does it taste like?  I don't like tea (hot or cold) or coffee....  Is it along that line?  What is the nutritional value of it (why should I drink it?)  Are the different flavors really different?  

I don't think it tastes like tea or coffee. I like GT's brand. The different flavors do taste different. It has a kind of strong taste and it does take some getting used to. As far as the health benefits it is a probiotic food like sauerkraut so it adds good bacteria to your system. It is also fizzy so is a nice drink to sip.

Still here...still alive! Food has been ok this week though I've had way more cheese than I think is wise. Wednesday night we had a potluck picnic and I couldn't find anything at Whole Foods to bring and wasn't prepared enough to cook. I would have grabbed a chicken but someone else said they were bringing that. So I picked up some salami and a cheese platter. The people bringing the chicken didn't show up until like 2 hours after the potluck started so I basically had cheese, potato salad, salami, and chips for dinner. My stomach is still angry about that.  :rolleyes:

Finally brought the giant bag of potting soil upstairs from my car yesterday and got some of my herbs and my bush cucumbers planted. Hopefully I didn't kill them for leaving them in the starters for so long. I went to get another railing planter but they were temporarily sold out. Bought some more plants though so I hope they get more in stock soon. Two of the plants are already in proper pots (spearmint and greek oregano) but I'm not sure how to set them on the deck railing in a way that they are secure. Need to think on that more. 

Finally brought my under used bike to REI to get a tune up yesterday as well. It had been sitting unused in my office since I did my last triathlon in 2008. I'm hoping to actually ride it this summer or else I'm going to have to sell it. 

Started organizing my closet yesterday and managed to go to bed with a clean kitchen yay!

Still teaching up a storm...Sunday should be a rest day for me and well earned. 

Last night a gal came to my WIM class that hadn't been in a while but I was fairly certain I'd seen her before but she didn't remember me when we chatted before class. After class she said "Oh now I remember you, you've lost so much weight, I was looking at you and saying 'holy clavicles' to myself." Made me feel pretty good especially knowing the scale hasn't change all that terribly much since I started teaching. Good to know my body is changing though.

Still here...still trucking along. Eating this weekend was far less than optimal. Finally had a well earned day off from the gym yesterday which made teaching today feel harder actually. It is funny how we ride the momentum. Need to do some serious tidying up today and some cooking. 

I just emergency subbed the first 3 tracks of a BODYPUMP class after teach a full class this morning. I'm going to need to super pump myself up to get stuff done today. Would like to restore some order before my husband gets back from his business trip tonight.

Still trucking along over here. Did have a super productive day on Monday. Tuesday kind of got away from me as did yesterday. Doesn't help it has been really hot here (for Pacific Northwest standards anyway). Today also has gotten away from me but for fun stuff. Got my bike back from the shop yesterday and went on a ride with friends today. 22 miles (with a stop in the middle for lunch at a pub). Was a nice relaxing ride for the most part. I didn't pay heed to my natural sunscreen's re-apply every 1-2 hours note though and am pretty red on my left side now. Trying vinegar and coconut oil. Should be fun to teach tonight and tomorrow. ;-)

Lots of social eating the past few days. I'm going to check in with weight/measurements again tomorrow but those rules I made for this 30 day stretch kind of went out the door. But I'm feeling overall pretty good and enjoying life so I guess that is all good. Need to make many more compliant meals at home this next week though.

Had a ridiculously productive day yesterday. I hope I can ride that momentum into today.

Got up at 4:30am to teach a 6am BODYPUMP class which was awesome (not the early part but the class was good). Practiced my WIM stuff after class and got home around 8:30. Spent a good chunk of my day studying my WIM notes and listening to the music. I cleaned the kitchen, defrosted and cooked a whole chicken (using the lemon rosemary recipe from The Paleo Kitchen), made the base for Blueberry Rosemary Ice Cream (The Paleo Kitchen), made avocado oil based lemon chive mayo (found a brand that isn't green...yay!) that I put on zucchini noodles and ate with canned salmon (noodle recipe also from The Paleo Kitchen). Also got some laundry finished.

Had our big launch party for WIM Wave 19 last night so that was fun. I had a really big class too! 16 people without at least 3 of my regulars! I hope it keeps growing! Loved the energy!

Teaching the new WIM release twice more today and hope to do some more cooking and get some more cleaning done. I'm hoping it is a big cooler today too. 

Was nice to sleep in a little later this morning. I did wake up around 3am and read for a while. Fell asleep with my kindle propped up, glasses on, light on, and woke again at 5:30 feeling rather stiff from sleeping with glasses on in a weird position. 

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Archived