Sara's Post W30

SaraRuns

Weird sort of fail for no snacking in the evening.  I did avoid nuts.  I decided to have some berries in heavy cream with dinner.  But they were frozen so they took forever to eat (and we ate late).  So I pretty much had the fruit as a snack.  At least no nuts!

Interesting day with lots of playing with my son - outside in the snow, building legos, and practicing math facts and Karate.  It will be a late night home with Karate ending at 6.

M1: Frittata, broccoli soup; coffee with HC

M2: Salmon cakes with mayo, mixed greens with O&V, roasted cauliflower; tea

M3: Mixed greens with O&V, dubliner cheddar; tea with HC

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm backed up, too.  It's so annoying.  I drink CM in my coffee, eat sauteed greens, eat sw pots, take enzymes, drink tons of water.  All the tricks.  But, it still happens.  Grrrr!

I try to remember that nuts make me almost immediately gassy.  That helps me not eat them.  Sometimes I choose not to remember that and eat them anyway, but sometimes it helps.

I have a Cuisinart food processor.  It works great for coconut butter and almond butter.  I have to do a lot of scraping and moving things around to get it to work without burning out the motor, but it works eventually.  I'd love a vitamix, but I'm too frugal to buy one when I have a perfectly good blender already.  Someday!

I love fun days with the kids.  Mine are older now and just want to play video games, but every once in a while we can do something more interesting. :)

Snow and leggos sounds really pretty nice.  I love the times I hang out and do things with my kids, but sometimes it's so hard to get myself up and doing things with them when I want to be lost in my own head (and read things on this forum!)

Have you tried beezwax on your hands?  I once picked up Grandpa Gilman's from a little farm in Maine or Vermont and it is my favorite hand moisturizer for my lips and cracked hands.  I've tried coconut oil, but my hands feel too greasy and then they feel dry afterwards.  The Grandpa Gilman's is just beezwax and olive oil and feels good - it's greasy/sticky for about a minute and then absorbs in and feels nourishing.  http://grampagilmans.com/products/

The snacking thing is a killer.  My husband wants sweet things but now just has spoonfulls of almond butter.  I see him doing that and get annoyed, but I think it's because I want to do that to.  I try to go brush my teeth which sometimes helps and distracts my mouth from its cravings and yearnings.

Hope your day goes well.

Jen - it is so aggravating, I wish I knew the magic combination that would work all the time!  I'd also love a vitamix, but I just don't think I could convince my husband to get that right now.  Maybe I could ask for it for my birthday?   :)  My son loves video games too, but I don't so if he wants to do something with me, it has to be something else.  I know those years are coming when he's rather not spend the time with me, so I'm enjoying it while it lasts!

Emma - I hate when I feel annoyed that he wants me to do something with him because I have other stuff to do.  I'm always happy when I put things aside and spend time with him, definitely worth it.  I just have to get past that anal side and let things go (not an easy thing for me).  I have not tried beeswax but I will look into giving it a try.  I'm glad I'm not alone with my snacking woes...

Derek - I think that was a Bronx cheer.   :lol:

I did it, a night without snacking.  It helps that we were home late and I ate late, but still.  No nuts and no other snacks.  I did have tea.  Tonight I'm off to the dentist (and I forgot my toothbrush to brush my teeth at work, oh well).  My plan is to still do strength training when I get home.

The kids have another two hour delay because of the cold/wind, although the wind really didn't materialize.  It is the year of closings and delays.

M2: Chicken salad over mixed greens with O&V, cauliflower; tea

M3: Salad with O&V, dubliner cheddar; tea with CO

Jen - from your log, I'm guessing your boys are off again.  How many snow days do they schedule for in your area?

Derek - I thought it was pretty funny.  We are way out of snow days.  And it isn't even February, and we usually get snow in February.

Emma - It is pretty outrageous that it is a big deal, but it is!  Hope you did well on not snacking!

Another snack free night, again helped by getting home late, eating late, barely getting everything done before I fell into bed.  But I'll take it!  I didn't get in my strength training, I will do it tonight.

My son finally had another full day, no delays.  And it is colder than yesterday so I really don't get it.

I'm fighting off a cold.  Yesterday my throat was really sore, less sore today.  Last night my legs were itching like crazy, even after I put some lotion on them.  I was exhausted, but the itchiness was keeping me awake.  I'm still pretty exhausted today, I think from fighting this cold.  Hopefully I'll be back to normal tomorrow.  I'm not sure I will get my run in today, but I think I will try, at least a short one.

M1: Frittata, broccoli soup; coffee with HC (not until 11:30  :o , meeting with my boss)

M2: Chicken salad with avocado over mixed greens with O&V, tea

M3: Salad with O&V, roasted broccoli; tea with CO

Kids are finally back today, too!  We've had 5 days off for cold now.  I don't know how many our district holds in reserve, but I'm guessing we're over that number.  They said that they'll discuss options for make up days at the Feb school board meeting. 

I hope your cold goes away.  ACV tea!

Cold Days sounds so funny.  What a crazy winter season this has been.  I did go without snacking until after dinner and then I had a few too many almonds and raisins.  Dang!  Today I'm working on it again.  Hope your cold passes quickly.

My son was off of school yesterday.  Our governor was making a plea to the legislators that there be 'snow day forgiveness' or something.  Maybe I'm just getting old and crotchety, but this sounds silly to me.  Bad weather happens.  It's winter.  In Ohio.  They need to be in school.  dagnamit.

Jen - Glad the kids were back!  I had some ACV yesterday, I should have brought some to work...

Emma - hope you were successful yesterday!  That evening period is always the hardest for me as well.

Derek - Snow day forgiveness is ridiculous in my opinion.  Forgiving days when there is a significant event (hurricanes or maybe down South for snow), but we live in the North, snow and cold are to be expected.

Today was our coldest morning of the week, I saw -8 on my car readout, but regular school, thank goodness.  Of course, my son has a half day tomorrow.

DH is back on the East Coast.  He took a red-eye last night and got into NJ around 5:30.  He's going to work for a few hours and then coming home to rest.  My son is SO excited that Daddy is home.  He wanted to stay home from school (shocking).

Last night was late home again.  I didn't manage to run but I did get my strength training in.  In order to meet my goal, I'm trying to prioritize strength training over running.  I didn't realize until yesterday that this week was supposed to be the first week of my training plan for my 10 miler -  oops!  The first week wasn't anything special, so I'll just hop in tomorrow.  I'm going to have to get on the ball with my running again, I think the plan will help with that.

Still have a scratchy throat, but it is definitely better than the last couple of days.  Hopefully it won't move anywhere else.

M2: Chicken salad with avocado over O&V, roasted broccoli; tea

M3: Mixed greens with O&V and some other veggie; tea with CO

I feel your pain Sarah. I'm going to have to start my training plan over again this week after taking so many days off. And I'm going to be teaching 3 days a week for the next 2 weeks and 2 days a week the 2 weeks after that. Should be fun.

All you East Coast people are making me feel better about our rain and gloom. I still think moving out West is one of the better decisions I made in my life. ;)

Hope your throat is fully recovered today!

I hope you feel better today!

Apparently, our school is considering extending the school day by 10 minutes or something like that to make up for the cold days.  Weird idea, but I guess they don't want to extend the year farther into June because the kids aren't paying attention then anyway.  We'll see I guess what they come up with.  I just hope we don't have any more days off!

Bethany - I got on track today, 4 miles and strength training!

Jen - Hopefully we've had our share of snow days for the rest of the year!

My throat is feeling better, but things seem to be climbing up into my head, my sinuses feel congested and I feel yucky and tired.  Boo!

DH got home and my son couldn't have been happier, it was a sweet reunion to see.  Busy night with dropping off my car and borrowing my Mom's.  My son had a half day of school, so he has a friend over, which makes childcare very easy for the afternoon.

Stomach issues continue, same old same old.

M1: Frittata, roasted broccoli; coffee with HC

M2: mixed greens with O&V

M3: Venison steak with mixed greens O&V, roasted cauliflower; tea

ETA: I decided to run outside since it was up to a balmy 20 degrees.  Yikes, the treadmill is making me a wimp, 20 degrees was pretty cold.  It took me a long time to get warmed up.  But it was great to be outside.  :)

Sorry about the same old.  Me, too.  Not bloaty today, but not regular, either.  Grrr.  I'm kind of over it.  For now, at least. 

Funny about the TM making you a wimp!  I'm the same way.  My friend and I used to walk during religion class on Wed night - all year long.  Any weather.  We were hard core.  Now, we go to hot yoga and can't even imagine how we used to go out in the cold.  :D

Thanks, ladies!  Today it was 28 and it unbelievable how much warmer that is than 20.

Yesterday, two miles on the treadmill according to my training plan.  I had to go into work for a few hours and friends for dinner.

M1: Egg casserole, mixed greens with O&V; coffee with HC

M2: Sushi - mostly without rice and with coconut aminos instead of soy sauce, some slices of pepperoni; two ounces vodka with seltzer; tea with HC and handful of nuts

Today I did 6 miles outside according to the training plan.  It was my longest run in awhile.  I was slow, but made it through.

We are working on taxes, fun stuff.  Also found out my sister got a new job which entails moving, I'm still in shock about it.  Unfortunately it means she will be moving farther away, but it seems like a great opportunity for her.

M1: Egg casserole, mixed greens with O&V; coffee with HC

M2: Tuna salad with avocado over mixed greens with O&V, roasted broccoli and cauliflower; tea with HC and spoonful of almond butter

Very bloated this morning, ugh.  Made it into work, just a little late due to the snow coming down.  My son is off again.   :rolleyes:

3 miles on the treadmill and strength training lined up for tonight, since I have a hair appointment tomorrow.

M2: Tuna salad over mixed greens with O&V, roasted broccoli and cauliflower; tea

M3: Mixed greens with O&V and roasted veggies; tea

Archived