Mo rothar féin

Derval

yeah "goodnight s.a.d mush" :lol:

Last nights book was Cloud Atlas, which I am only 50% through, next months is Gone Girl.

Oh top tip re the lamb in the slowcooker - when you are serving up take out the meat, throw any extra fat & the bone back in the slowcooker , add another bit (a cup?) of water, and leave that bubbling away for a couple of hours => lovely gelatinous & tasty lamb broth

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great s, enjoy!

so todays log

10am - cm coffee + banana

12.30pm - egg loaf, avo, mayo

3pm - cm coffee, some mixed nuts

5.30pm - leftovers from last nights dinner all mixed up in a pan & reheated in the sauce, tasty.

Will be going to bed at the same time as Alex tonight I think!

You & Slw will be be having the same dinner :)

Yes, my turn to host last night. There are 9 of us gals and we take turns to host. It's more of an excuse for a get-together, the book discussion is very fleeting! It was a very rowdy night last night - we polished off 6 bottles of wine between 7 of us (incl 1 driver) and went on till 12.30am . Needless to say I am feeling distinctly below par today :unsure: and I'm struggling with wanting a bar of chocolate and a cup of proper tea.

My lamb is for tomorrow, so Susan, plaese let us know the lamb news.

Book club sounds awesome. I wish I had smth like this here. Well I can always host my own book club for myself.

What's a "proper" tea?

proper as in not herbal :) - black tea, made nice & strong, with a splash of milk.

You could start a bookclub with a group of friends, or people you'd like to be friends. There's loads of info out there about hwo to set up & run one properly. Ours is just a glorified excuse for a gossip and a drink or several :) Last night conversation ranged from threesomes to the Savita case...and breifly , the book!

I love to read! Too bad you guys don't live closer, I'd join a book club. I am all alone where we live.. I don't know a single person, except my hubs of course. I'm a sad person. Or maybe just weird, I do not do well in social situations and I never feel confident trying to hold intellectual conversations with people.

I bought lamb chops for tomorrows dinner(for me), Costco had a decent price and they currently have $3 off their leg o lamb, which I might buy and keep in the freezer for when we have guests in a couple of months. The hubs doesn't like lamb.

Side note, I like Goodnight Moon! I bought it for my niece and now for my great niece. :D

I didn't shop at WF's today as I am still conflicted about the article I read that the Whole9 posted on FB about GMO's.

Sorry for hijacking your thread for a moment. :unsure:

Aww Sharon. I would be so pleased to hang out with you. You are one of my favorite people on this forum. I am a bit of a loner too. I did make some friends years ago by taking adult tennis lessons. Plus 2 really good friends are from a job that I had for 11 years. Is there something you are interested in that you could get involved in? Dog stuff...cooking?

Just sent out a text. My youngish friends said &%## no. My oldish friends said "sure".

Ha! I must be old so!

I love to read! Too bad you guys don't live closer, I'd join a book club. I am all alone where we live.. I don't know a single person, except my hubs of course. I'm a sad person. Or maybe just weird, I do not do well in social situations and I never feel confident trying to hold intellectual conversations with people.

I bought lamb chops for tomorrows dinner(for me), Costco had a decent price and they currently have $3 off their leg o lamb, which I might buy and keep in the freezer for when we have guests in a couple of months. The hubs doesn't like lamb.

Side note, I like Goodnight Moon! I bought it for my niece and now for my great niece. :D

I didn't shop at WF's today as I am still conflicted about the article I read that the Whole9 posted on FB about GMO's.

Sorry for hijacking your thread for a moment. :unsure:

Not hi-jacking, just joining in, all welcome in my garden o'chat :) I wouldnt be one for intellectual conversations either, I have a BA in English and philosophy, but after 2 kids and 10 years as a sahm that seems wiped out!

Oh..just so you know, Derval likes it when she wakes up and finds us playing in her garden. :0)

Can a girl not go to bed for 13.5 hours :o without these shenanigans going on!!

OMFG. That is all :)

exactly!

I think proper tea is the only thing I'm missing on my Whole30. I've even been considering trying it with coconut milk.

yuck, no! but not so bad black if you don't make it too strong

Thanks for stoppong by gals :D

Evening all,

just flopping down after a long day!

Had a great big sleep last night, went to bed at 8.30pm! and got up at 10am!

10am - some leftovers from last nights leftovers :) and 2 boiled egg, cm coffee

11am - JM 6 week 6 pack, level 1

1pm - went out to Gardenworld Kilquade

7920bd54a52f11e2bd9022000a1fa522_6.jpg

to meet me parents who are home on a visit from Spain and my bro and his family. had a skinny cappucinno while waiting for them to arrive and then at 2.30pm had lunch in the restaraunt. I chose home-made burger , no bun & chunky chips. Very tempting desert menu - treated myself to a gluten free dark chocolate mousse torte. And a Americanno (which was huge!)

55dc7504a52f11e2b22122000a1fc95b_6.jpg

felt fine until about 2 hours later when I started feeling headachey and jittery on the driven home. THEN the flippin car malfunctioned and the horn started going off non-stop!!! Thank goodness we were after the motorway section of our journey. We pulled in and opened up the internal fusebox - and I managed to get my hand stuck inside - ow. And we couldn't find the right fuse...Drove home and had to go around our local very busy rounadabout with our horn blaring and everyone gawping at us! Once at home we opened the bonnet & pulled out all the fuses till we found the right one - Ahhh silence is golden. Still shook!

But look at what my mammy brought me back from Spain! clean chorizo :)

66c0beaaa53111e2bad822000a9f3047_6.jpg

Don't think I'll have a proper dinner tonight - still full from late lunch. Maybe a boiled egg later.

I have to rave about my beef tallow that I just picked up at Fatworks. I shaved some brussel sprouts and fried them up in the tallow with shallots. Then a lamb burger also cooked up in beef tallow to go with it. I may never use another fat again.

I have to rave about my beef tallow that I just picked up at Fatworks. I shaved some brussel sprouts and fried them up in the tallow with shallots. Then a lamb burger also cooked up in beef tallow to go with it. I may never use another fat again.

Gasp gasp. Ghee traitor!

You could start a bookclub with a group of friends, or people you'd like to be friends. There's loads of info out there about hwo to set up & run one properly. Ours is just a glorified excuse for a gossip and a drink or several :) Last night conversation ranged from threesomes to the Savita case...and breifly , the book!

Haha that would be me and me again. I never knew that there is such thing before your log. I used to call 5 years at Uni, philisophy major, (waves) a book club. Your pictures and description look very close to What it used to be ))

What a story with the horn. Was it a long ride with this kind of accompaniment? Chorizo for breakfast will heal all the shakes, I am sure. Spain is a holy land of meat uhhh.

And last, but not least - polka dot tights, weeee.

Haha that would be me and me again. I never knew that there is such thing before your log. I used to call 5 years at Uni, philisophy major, (waves) a book club. Your pictures and description look very close to What it used to be ))

What a story with the horn. Was it a long ride with this kind of accompaniment? Chorizo for breakfast will heal all the shakes, I am sure. Spain is a holy land of meat uhhh.

And last, but not least - polka dot tights, weeee.

About 5 mins of solid horn blaring :blink: And then trying to get the right fuse out with the bonnet open so it was even louder!!

Lily's tights? They are actually love hearts :wub: I don't why the photo came out so misty...

So no dinner last night, small handful of nuts & a peppermint tea. Sore belly & unhappy bowels last night & still a bit now (12pm) :(

7.15am - egg loaf, black coffee

8.15am - gym - 6/12/25 uppoer body workout

came home & wne to to bed for a lie-down, exhausted, and tummy not right....

11am - cm coffee

12.30pm - opened the chorizo :wub: Fried some up then added that pepper/eggplant sauce dip thing and spinach, cracked an egg in.

3f28365aa5bf11e2930122000aa80191_6.jpg

4.30pm - 1 slice seranno ham and small handful nuts.

6pm - tiny dinner :( half my sweet potatoes had gone bad so we had 3 small ones between the 4 of us! made in to a hash with caramelised onions, chopped up chipolata sausages, fried egg on top.

Followed by desert - apples & raisins cooked in the microwave with ghee & cinnamon.

Have PA Committee meeting at 8pm <sigh>

Got some new supps - Udo's probiotics, they were on half price special offer.

Lily's tights? They are actually love hearts :wub: I don't why the photo came out so misty...

That's a built-in "Ireland" photo filter :D

Chorizo skillet is a book-cover picture again. Tomorrow your tummy will be fine, promise!

Tuesday isn't it?

Bit of a crap day in terms of energy, and (related?) keeping to my new no snacks, no fruit rule...Annoyed at myself...

7.15am - 2 boiled eggs, 2 slices seranno ham, black coffee

Didn't go to yoga :ph34r: Couldn't muster the enthusiasm

11am - cm coffee

12.30pm - similar to yesterday but added mushrooms & spring onions too, and had half an avocado on the side , lest I fade away :P

2pm - mandarin & some nuts

5.30pm - hunger game lamb stew from freezer, mashed cauli, green beans

14d633daa6c211e2be8622000a9f192b_6.jpg

7pm - cm decaff coffee & a banana

Will try harder tomorrow!

Archived