Newest Kitchen Gadget

Chellesdoingr8

I am soooo excited.  I have read so much about vegetable noodles that I bought a spiral slicer today.  I cannot wait to try some new, tasty recipes!!

Since the one I bought was used once as an instore demo (big deal!) I got over $20 off!! SCORE!!! 

SInce beginning my Whole 30 journey (on round 3, my friends), I have made great use of my George Foreman grill.  My son gifted me with a indoor grill a couple years ago and I have never used it!  TA DAH!!!  Another useful appliance for my Whole30 creations!!  Gotta love it!!

I am curious as to what everyone finds to be the best "go to" kitchen gadget that you could not do without.  I love hearing about new ideas!!!

Cheers!!! B)

My go to kitchen things are my stick blender (for mayo), my George Forman (steaks, burgers, some veg, fish etc), my spiraliser, my frying pan, my lovely aqua blue la creuset casserole, a couple of good knives and my oven (always seem to be using my oven!)

On and glass jars and plastic boxes for the fridge and freezer. Essential.

• Whole30 Certified Coach

I love my Instantpot (probably the most expensive kitchen thing I've bought for myself, not counting a nice food processor that we got as a wedding gift), my Paderno Spiralizer and my Ninja.  In the winter I use my stick blender when I'm making more soups.  I also love my coffee maker with a preset brew function :)

I think the gadgets are fun, and I recently got a spiralizer which I look for excuses to use. I also have a immersion blender (a cheap, old one, but it still makes mayo), a vitamix, a food processor, and a variety of other things. If I had to scale back to the basics, though, I would say a set of really good knives, and a collection of sheet pans would be the things I would not/ could not give up. If I could choose just one "gadget," I would have to go with an immersion blender. Homemade mayo in less than 30 seconds? Yes, please!

I have an excellent set of knives we got when we were married and just had them sharpened after almost 12 years! My mom loaned me her immersion blender to make mayo. Love my Veggetti. My OXO salad cruet to shake up and have salad dressing ready. And, not a Whole30 item, but my reusable Keruig coffee filter. (I used to feel so guilty throwing away all those k-cups, and now I have more money to buy yummy meats and veggies!!)

My cuisinart (for making sweet potato has browns and sauces). Just got a immersion blender (used rewards points so it was free, yeah!). Spilralizer is on my list after seeing this weeks posts on the IG recipe page, as well as an instapot and a double mesh strainer for my broths. 

• Administrators

My cuisinart (for making sweet potato has browns and sauces). Just got a immersion blender (used rewards points so it was free, yeah!). Spilralizer is on my list after seeing this weeks posts on the IG recipe page, as well as an instapot and a double mesh strainer for my broths.

I just ordered myself a new immersion blender through reward points, gets here Monday! Hoping it does a nice job on replacing the incredibly cheap one I have now that sounds like it's about to have a stroke every time I make mayo! :D

Trying to downsize and minimize especially kitchen gadgets but just had to buy Paderno Spiralizer and fell in love. Daughter in college doing Whole30 with me and I had to promise her I'd sent one to college for her (she has apartment and has to cook for herself). Zucchini happens to be her fav food.

Immersion blender for making mayo is also a device I couldn't live without!

• Moderators

What do you guys do with the "stumps" left over from spiralizing something? I've just been dicing them up and cooking them along with the noodles, but wondered if I was doing something wrong.

I just made the Silky Gingered Zuke soup from Well Fed 2 and she says that that's a perfect use for the stumps in the recipe.

I love my Wolfgang Puck pressure oven, but they have ZERO customer service... I was trying to figure out what glass to use instead of their chemical covered pan, and I had to do the legwork myself...

Regular Purex / Anchor Hocking / Corning cannot be used, as it is Soda Lime glass (From their customer service)...

Borosilicate glass is what is needed, (What they had when things were still made with quality in mind)... The brand I found on Amazon is Simax 2.6 qt... Has a good fitting lid to keep food warm as a bonus...

Do NOT try the regular glass, as it could explode... Borosilicate is good to 300C, or 572F, and the Puck only goes up to 450F

Archived