Brewer5: A Fresh Start

Brewer5

Pastured eggs?  Check.  Mild olive oil?  Check.  Avocado oil?  Check.  Fresh squeezed lemon juice from my own tree?  Check.  Stupid immersion blender that took two extra days to get here?  Check.

I think homemade mayo is about to happen, folks.  I will keep you appraised of all developments LOL

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ladies and Gentlemen...
I MADE MAYO!!!!!  Now, if you knew me, you'd know a few months ago I could barely cook a decent meal.  So this is a HUGE accomplishment and reach out of my comfort zone.  It was utterly painless with the immersion blender, it took me longer to clean the damn thing afterward than to make the mayo.  I am victorious!  I am a Keto-Paleo goddess!!!  Ok, I'll shut up now  ;)

post-80182-0-12922600-1452135308_thumb.j

Ladies and Gentlemen...

I MADE MAYO!!!!!  Now, if you knew me, you'd know a few months ago I could barely cook a decent meal.  So this is a HUGE accomplishment and reach out of my comfort zone.  It was utterly painless with the immersion blender, it took me longer to clean the damn thing afterward than to make the mayo.  I am victorious!  I am a Keto-Paleo goddess!!!  Ok, I'll shut up now  ;)

I just love that feeling of getting good mayo :)  Congrats.

BTW - just in case you weren't kidding about cleaning the immersion blender - I fill a mason jar with water and a drop of soap, but the blender in and turn it on - comes out clean as a whistle!

BTW - just in case you weren't kidding about cleaning the immersion blender - I fill a mason jar with water and a drop of soap, but the blender in and turn it on - comes out clean as a whistle!

I actually ended up doing this purely on instinct! LOL  It worked very well, after me trying to gently clean the tiny blades with a sponge hahaha   :P

Ladies and Gentlemen...

Congrats, Jess!

Every time I do it, I tell my husband that I feel like Martha Stewart.  A Paleo Martha Stewart.

A little awesome keto inspiration for you all!  Took my homemade mayo, chopped up a lemon-herb chicken breast I made a few days ago, and made a quick chicken salad, which I topped with 1/4 cup of macadamia nuts.  One the side, 1/2 cup of steamed spinach and a nice dollop of ghee.  YUMMY! 

post-80182-0-61974000-1452142776_thumb.j

LMAO girl, I TRIED!  I tore up this house.  I must have done something incredibly dumb with it, like throw it away hahaha.

As for the sick, I am notorious for doing too much and not resting when I should LOL.  That meal was born from abject boredom hahahah.  I didn't have enough energy to clean, and Jason had hijacked the tv for video games lololololololol

...after me trying to gently clean the tiny blades with a sponge hahaha   :P

I use the flat smooth disc, mainly because that's the only attachment that came with the immersion blender I bought at a thrift store, but I actually emailed Melissa Joulwan about it, and she said that's the one she uses too.

bx794004x550.jpg

Mine didn't come with any attachments, unfortunately.  But it honestly works great as is, so I'm not worried about it.  

I don't have any attachments, either -- never even knew such a thing existed.  Mine has been great, but I am glad to have the cleaning tip from Karen, for sure!

Here's what I think a Keto dinner looks like: SKIN-ON oven roasted salmon fillet piece, steamed broccoli with ghee, raw celery and the sauce is homemade mayo with lemon juice and dill. How'd I do? Too much broccoli? I may be in a funk but my brain is NOT telling me to eat carbs to feel better. I even sliced a potato to roast with the salmon and ended up putting it away without cooking it.post-81538-0-00333700-1452162996_thumb.j

Have you had your KALE today?

I love kale in my eggs...  It's one of my favorite things in the whole wide world.  Today I got distracted and it got a bit crispy, but it's good that way.

IMG_8743.jpeg

lots of coconut oil and duck fat

2 handfuls of kale, chopped

one egg

two yolks

pink salt

Do you know what we found out?  The beautiful state of California will not allow Jess to have any duck fat shipped to her, from anywhere.  What the heck is up with that?   :blink:

But anyway, coconut oil and ghee is a close-second favorite combo for me.

The benefits of kale, for anyone interested.  (I saw lots of thyroid stuff mentioned here, too.)

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-07%20at%2011.34.

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=38

Jess, do you know any hunters? Around here, lots of people duck hunt. If it weren't so hard to take a pic, I'd show you my friend's son with the gazillion ducks he and his relatives shot over the school break. I don't think they stuck to the limit, but the game warden didn't catch them.  :blink:

Also, that was a funny cartoon with the avocados. lol

Brewer - I like baby kale a lot for salads, too. It's a lighter taste than the regular kale.

Ha, I told Jess it was time to start duck-hunting!   :lol:

I just got a notification a little bit ago:  "Sara has passed you by 2 steps."

Are you freakin' kidding me?  "Breaking news!"  hahahaha

That is hilarious - I haven't gotten that type of notification before. Y'all are my only "fitbit friends." I do have a friend who's a pediatric neurologist and sometimes he posts on Facebook how many steps he gets in a day. It's a crazy-high number - maybe 16,000 most days - I've forgotten. I guess he is on the go a lot in the office and in the hospital. Anyway, I've elected not to be "fitbit friends" with him out of shame.  :)

Jess, do you know any hunters? Around here, lots of people duck hunt. 

I don't know anyone who hunts.... anything lol.  I don't even think there's duck hunting in this state, and the only ducks I've ever seen are floating in ponds in the park hahaha.  I guess LA is a very different place from the rest of the country! 

So a Google search tells me there's duck hunting in Sacramento Valley.... about 8 hours from here lol.  I guess I will have to survive on coconut oil and bacon grease for now LOL

No... you find your fitbit and start walking there to hunt some ducks, right now!   :lol:

Archived