rebswirl

What to Expect Calendar (Symptoms)

Hello All,

One of the emails Whole30 recently sent me had a nifty 30 day calendar with the "symptoms" inputed on in, such as "Kill All the Things" and "Tiger Blood." I meant to save it and print it but failed to do so. Now I can't find it. Could someone direct me to it? Thanks!

Can I just comment here that not everyone follows the timeline so if you're NOT experiencing the listed 'symptoms' you're not necessarily doing it wrong - also sometimes the expectation actually brings it on, which isn't always the best thing ;)

Comparison is the thief of joy - enjoy your OWN journey!!

On 1/1/2017 at 4:22 PM, jmcbn said:

Can I just comment here that not everyone follows the timeline so if you're NOT experiencing the listed 'symptoms' you're not necessarily doing it wrong - also sometimes the expectation actually brings it on, which isn't always the best thing ;)

Comparison is the thief of joy - enjoy your OWN journey!!

jmcbn,

If you someone finds themselves behind the timeline by a number of days in some cases, might this suggest that their system may be more 'messed up' and in need of a longer than Whole30? 

I am not experiencing the same side effects as the calendar specifies.  I don't drink soda and rarely have alcohol. My problem is massive carb and chocolate/sugar overloads.  I am on day 6 and feeling light headed and a bit nauseous today.  I'm not sure what it means if I don't experience the same symptoms as specified.  I am still exercising, but dont have the same energy and strength as before.  I am easily tired while working out now.  I would have thought that would get better with healthier food.  Any thoughts?

31 minutes ago, Dyann said:

I am not experiencing the same side effects as the calendar specifies.  I don't drink soda and rarely have alcohol. My problem is massive carb and chocolate/sugar overloads.  I am on day 6 and feeling light headed and a bit nauseous today.  I'm not sure what it means if I don't experience the same symptoms as specified.  I am still exercising, but dont have the same energy and strength as before.  I am easily tired while working out now.  I would have thought that would get better with healthier food.  Any thoughts?

What have you been eating the last six days @Dyann? It's hard for us to give directed feedback without knowing what you've been doing. It sounds to me like you are not eating enough (nausea, lightheaded). Lacking energy and strength and tiring easily is pretty common in the first couple weeks while your body converts to being fat adapted. Open a new thread in troubleshooting and give a rundown on what you've been eating. Include portions and specific foods. Fluids, stress, sleep, exercise, pre and post workout food etc are all relevant.