100 Days of Awesome "Whole 100" Group Log

Koneill12

Morning all! Still struggling with the sleep thing. Night before last it was cleaning up after the diarrhea dog all night. Last night, I got up to use the bathroom three times! Glad to be releasing so much water weight, but why can't this happen in the day time?

Had a great egg salad for breakfast: hard-boiled eggs, chopped bacon, diced tomato, and homemade mayo, served with green pepper 'scoops'. This is something I have yet to figure out. I normally hate raw green peppers. Avoid them like the plague. I can eat cooked under certain circumstances, like when fried with lots of onions for fajitas, but often find the taste overpowers other flavors. Every time I do a Whole30 I crave them! Especially raw. There's something so appealing about the cool, crisp, clean taste. So why don't I like them any other time?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning! Day 2 Newbie-- saying hello and checking in. Day 1 was ok. I'd been hemming and hawing about whether I had it in me do dive into Whole30 (Just read ISWF last week and was not actually prepared for such huge changes). Grabbed some ingredients on the way home from work and cooked some stuff for the rest of the week (at least lunch at work). Actually SAT at HOME and ate some breakfast today: some sweet potato soup and 2 hardboiled eggs. Normally I would be eating the leftover bits of my kids' waffles on the way out the door then around 9 or 10 eat something else at work (anything from greek yogurt to a McDonalds sandwich depending on how "good" I felt like being). So, already improved behavior. Choked down some black coffee to stave off massive caffeine withdrawal. Man, I hate black coffee. If I can't appreciate it soon, I will just have to give coffee up too. ;)

Looking forward to learning from people on the forums and tackling this first Whole30. My ultimate goal in the next year or two is to lose about 90 lbs that I am overweight, but for now, I think I need to use this tool to break some of my bad habits and get my eating a whole lot cleaner. Here's to a healthier year!

Good morning everyone. Yesterday was a good day -- I ended up having leftover chocolate chili for lunch (with a salad) and chicken meatballs (made with leftover crockpot chicken) with tomato sauce and zucchini "noodles". I snacked a bit on nuts and dried fruit but I decided to use them to get over the hump and slowly taper as the 100 days go on. I am actually thinking of trying to get a little more buttoned up at each 30 day mark.

Can't tell you glad I am to have so many with me on this crazy journey.

Kim

'morning from the west coast. I am up and ready for day three. I just read "five stages of food grief" on here and am totally feeling it. oddly enough I'm not have a lot of physical withdrawl symptoms (no super bad headaches, overwhelming exhaustion) which I was expecting due to my massive daily sugar intake and tons of soda...maybe it will come today. mental and emotional withdrawl has been full force, though. last night I got up at 10:30 to turn the downstairs lights off before bed and the first thing that popped into my mind was "what kind of sugar do I have down there to stuff my face with?" another moment when I realized just how addicted I am to sugar.

I made some amazing butternut squash soup last night from Everyday Paleo and added some spicy churizo and a kale salad, it was fantastic. I have opted not to have a little dried fruit or even fresh fruit after dinner since I have such problems with sweets.

uh oh, I think I just jinxed myself...I feel a headache comin on!

OH, and wanted to say, about the black coffee, I couldn't drink my coffee black. I made some almond milk the other day and I have found that putting almond milk and coconut milk in my coffee is extremely good! and this is coming from a latte triple sugar drinker...

Hi Everybody,

I had a really good dinner last night...toasted coconut chicken fingers with mango salsa and a Brussels sprouts hash with bacon. I'll put the recipes up tomorrow. Still going okay with the black coffee but I might try the mix of almond milk and coconut milk at some point. Since I'm doing this nut free, I decided I needed to have something on hand for a snack emergency, so I made some whole 30 beef jerky. Here is the recipe if you want to have a look.

Tonight for dinner we're having pumpkin soup and and our favorite spinach sweet potato frittata.It is seriously delicious.

I'm currently between kombucha batches and getting a little impatient for my new brew to be finished.

Have a great day 3 :)

Day 3 for me and I am sick as a dog. I'm trying to look on the bright side of being sick and I'm realizing that being sick significantly cuts down my sugar cravings. I usually don't want sugar when I'm sick - I want comfort foods. So, comfort food for me is spicy beef and veggie soup right now. I may get some chocolate chili with added veggies made today, we'll see. If not, I'm sure leftover steak and frozen veggies will be on the menu tonight!

I'm keeping a log on my blog (backyardfamily.wordpress.com) instead of here, since the Whole100 is just one part of a multi-step plan to good health for me this year. But I am logging my food! As annoying as it can be sometimes, I think it is important to just write out a log to help keep on track, to be honest with myself, and to be able to look back to see what I've been eating if I don't feel I'm getting the results I want.

Have a great Day 3 (or whatever number you're on) everyone!

Feeling weak and very, very tired. It's probably the lack of sleep, but my 25# feed sacks feel like 40#s, and I wouldn't dare try to lift a 40 or 50# bag. And I had lunch an hour ago (chocolate chili, roasted carrots and roasted brussels sprouts) and I'm still hungry. Actually, I'm probably not really hungry, since I felt sated when I finished, but I think my dragon is still trying to tell me I need a sugar boost to feel better.

Besides the serious lack of SLEEP, I'm feeling really good! @Lisa@SwissPaleo - I can't wait to see the toasted coconut chicken fingers recipe! That sounds amazing!

Doing great with black coffee (surprisingly, since I won't even ADMIT how much sugar and creamer I typically used). And doing fantastic with my food choices. I truly haven't faced the pressure of being at parties yet. I think that'll be my most difficult moment.

Does anyone else get the Whole30 Daily? I truly LIVE for those little videos at the very end when I can say I've conquered another day!

Evening all, day 2 going well, quite tired today, but its been a busy one at work, looking forward to my bed and its not even 7.30 in the evening.

Had really tasty pork meatballs tonight with salsa verde, really yummy. I have also signed up for the daily emails, only read yesterdays so far tho, thought they may help keeping me motivated since its a whole100 rather than a whole30 this time, like the idea of a weekly check in that was mentioned, might not get on everyday myself, will try tho.

I was presented with a huge box of sweets today at work for coming second in a pedometer challenge we held before Christmas, NOOO! they have been safely donated to the sugar eaters!!! So all is well x

Hey all... I am also doing what I plan to be a W100 and I will be here every once and a while to post too...

I did my first W30 back in the summer of 2012 and it was pretty successful. I lost some weight, gained some good eating habbits and made some friends here at the site.

I am doing an overall fitness challenge and I need to eat well to achieve my goals. I am committed to W30 as a WOL. On the black coffee thing. It was a big, big (did I say big) barrier for me and I almost did not do W30 due to fears over black coffee. It took a week but I got used to it (have not had dairy or alternates since July 2012). I could not see myself going back now. If you stick with it, black is pretty good. I never tried coconut milk and one attempt at almond milk was not my cup of Coffee (Tea?). It takes some patience but black is good. Doing the Coconut milk thing to me was always like trying to re-create a non-paleo meal using paleo ingredients. Slippery slope (and I don't ski so well). I am now very glad I stuck with only black coffee!

Cheers

DJ

Starting officially today with my W100. I traveled back home from San Diego and was not prepared for delays or layovers. So today it is and coincidentally my birthday. Perfect start date for my 4th or 5th Whole whatever. :)

I'd rather go to the dentist than log everyday but I will participate in this daily group.

Starting officially today with my W100. I traveled back home from San Diego and was not prepared for delays or layovers. So today it is and coincidentally my birthday. Perfect start date for my 4th or 5th Whole whatever. :)

I'd rather go to the dentist than log everyday but I will participate in this daily group.

Happy Birthday!! :D :D :D

I was presented with a huge box of sweets today at work for coming second in a pedometer challenge we held before Christmas, NOOO! they have been safely donated to the sugar eaters!!! So all is well x

ROFL! Whose bright idea was that? They have a pedometer challenge, which I assume was to motivate people to move more and improve their health, and the prize is a huge box of sweets? That's like the people in line at the grocery store who are morbidly obese, with a cart full of ice cream and cookies, and a 2-liter bottle of Diet cola. It kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

Nina: IMHO, kidney stones are not a part of life, they are a direct result of unhealthy eating. Some factors are not drinking enough fluids, refined sugars, certain juices and cola drinks, HFCS, and 'oxalates' (the incomplete oxydation of carbohydrates). I think following this WOE may fix the problem.

Maryann--I totally agree and so appreciate your reminder. I was just trying to be clear that I wasn't implying that the W30 was creating the stones. I've had them on and off for a number of years now and am hopeful that eating this way will eventually lessen or stop them from happening. I also realize that it can take TIME to heal a lifetime of poor eating and that 6 months of eating this way may still be too soon to expect results in regards to my stones. While I have cut out sugars, HFCS, and am very cautious about oxalate (I carry a list of high oxalate foods on my phone), I do think I need to continue to up my water consumption. I also need to work on my patience. :)

Hey all, what a great idea for a Whole100 GROUP challenge! I was planning on going W90 but you all have inspired me to step it up.

This is officially my 5th Whole30. I am back again because old eating habits die HARD! (I've been obese/overeater since childhood) and holidays w/ the family are like watching my patterns play out in front of my eyes.

Yet, I return again to tackle it for a full 100 days this time. I think this will be good because last year I treated my 30 day periods still as a 'diet', meaning within a few weeks I would be drinking wine every day/every other day, eating chocolate almost on a daily basis, and sneaking in flour/gluten by allowing it in restaurant dishes (like in sauce). As the year rolled on, straight up sugar (candy) and bread was OK, as long as someone else was serving it (our cabinets/fridge portray the essence of Good Food! :) Nov. & Dec. have been kind of a trainwreck.

Today is day 3 for my wife and I (her first W30) and we're excited to rock it over the next 27 days together and 97 days w/ you all!! :)

John

Happy 1/3/13 everyone!

Today is a brighter day for me as my kidney stone pain seems to have left me (YAY!) and thus my nausea is gone. HELLO regular meals today!! :D My day started with eggs, bacon (mmmmm...bacon!) and carots.

Kiddos and I will be making a trip to TJs for some staples today. Have I mentioned I love TJs? Well I do!!

This is something I have yet to figure out. I normally hate raw green peppers. Avoid them like the plague. I can eat cooked under certain circumstances, like when fried with lots of onions for fajitas, but often find the taste overpowers other flavors. Every time I do a Whole30 I crave them! Especially raw. There's something so appealing about the cool, crisp, clean taste. So why don't I like them any other time?

Maryann - Isn't that funny how certain foods become extra appealing when on a W30 (100)? I'm the same way about cauliflower...I find I love it roasted and could (and often do) eat it every day. Never had any interest in it prior (or in between).

Good Morning! Day 2 Newbie-- saying hello and checking in. Day 1 was ok. I'd been hemming and hawing about whether I had it in me do dive into Whole30 (Just read ISWF last week and was not actually prepared for such huge changes). Grabbed some ingredients on the way home from work and cooked some stuff for the rest of the week (at least lunch at work). Actually SAT at HOME and ate some breakfast today: some sweet potato soup and 2 hardboiled eggs. Normally I would be eating the leftover bits of my kids' waffles on the way out the door then around 9 or 10 eat something else at work (anything from greek yogurt to a McDonalds sandwich depending on how "good" I felt like being). So, already improved behavior. Choked down some black coffee to stave off massive caffeine withdrawal. Man, I hate black coffee. If I can't appreciate it soon, I will just have to give coffee up too. ;)

Looking forward to learning from people on the forums and tackling this first Whole30. My ultimate goal in the next year or two is to lose about 90 lbs that I am overweight, but for now, I think I need to use this tool to break some of my bad habits and get my eating a whole lot cleaner. Here's to a healthier year!

Jessica - Welcome! So glad you're here. Sounds like you're where I was when I first started doing W30s back in June. Love that you're thinking long term on this journey!!

OH, and wanted to say, about the black coffee, I couldn't drink my coffee black. I made some almond milk the other day and I have found that putting almond milk and coconut milk in my coffee is extremely good! and this is coming from a latte triple sugar drinker...

Jtandi - I now love my coffee with full fat coconut milk!

So today it is and coincidentally my birthday.

Susan - Happy Birthday!!!

Hello!

Happy Day 3!

I got through day 2 relatively unscathed. phew!! I ate well and am happy to report that there have been no recurrance of headaches HOWEVER I sweat SO badly yesterday. When I started to get frustrated with this, I remembered to bless everything leaving me in whatever manner it chooses. LOL!

So fitfull sleeping but much better that the first time I did the Whole30 in August.

I ate leftovers from Day 1 for lunch and broiled some salmon and had a greek salad (minus the feta).

Today I went to the gym and did a Zumba class with a girlfriend and boy oh boy can I feel it!

I made enormous salads with leftover salmon for my boyfriend and I and am grateful that I didn't give in when I was beckoned by the Lay's potato chips at the checkout stand at the hardware store.

Chips are my kryptonite. Ugh. Let's face it, any kind of potato is a potato I will eat ESPECIALLY if it's fried. Yeah, gotta work on that one BUT I didn't go there today and I'm really proud of myself!

Hoping everyone is having a good day and even if you aren't I hope you power through it and come back tomorrow.

Linda

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin

Hello!

I accidentally posted this on day 2, so am reposting here with a few addtional comments...

Happy Birthday Susan!

I love black coffee but I do put coconut milk in my rooibos tea...yummm.

I hate green peppers too but oddly enough I'm liking them now too! What's up with that? LOL!

Happy Day 3!

I got through day 2 relatively unscathed. phew!! I ate well and am happy to report that there have been no recurrance of headaches HOWEVER I sweat SO badly yesterday. When I started to get frustrated with this, I remembered to bless everything leaving me in whatever manner it chooses. LOL!

So fitfull sleeping but much better that the first time I did the Whole30 in August.

I ate leftovers from Day 1 for lunch and broiled some salmon and had a greek salad (minus the feta).

Today I went to the gym and did a Zumba class with a girlfriend and boy oh boy can I feel it!

I made enormous salads with leftover salmon for my boyfriend and I and am grateful that I didn't give in when I was beckoned by the Lay's potato chips at the checkout stand at the hardware store.

Chips are my kryptonite. Ugh. Let's face it, any kind of potato is a potato I will eat ESPECIALLY if it's fried. Yeah, gotta work on that one BUT I didn't go there today and I'm really proud of myself!

Hoping everyone is having a good day and even if you aren't I hope you power through it and come back tomorrow.

Linda

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin

Second day (for me) and my nose is already un-stuffing.

Workout: T-Tapp Basic Plus, 2 minutes of quadruped motion.

Breakfast: 3 eggs, avocado, banana, coffee w/coconut milk

Lunch: Rogan josh, beet/pepper/snap pea salad

Dinner: Roasted chicken, macadamia oil mayo, small sweet potato, sauerkraut

Happy Birthday!!!

Today was my day 1. It went ok, I had a couple of slip ups early in the day but picked myself up and made better choices the rest of the day. This sugar / snacking demon is going to be hard to slay, but I'm determined this time to get it together and do this. I know I will feel so much better.

Was super tired today but that may have something to do with today being my first day back to work after a week & 1/2 off. Getting to bed early tonight as 4:00 am comes way too soon.

Have a good night all!

Missed this earlier. Happy Birthday, Susan!

Archived