100 Days of Awesome "Whole 100" Group Log

Koneill12

Hello and happy day 4!

I got through day 3 pretty well. The past few days I've had to be up at the crack of dawn so I'm fighting fatigue and am really just so grateful for the load of leftovers in the fridge!

Yesterday I had leftovers for breakfast & incorporated them in my lunch. I was feeling a little MEAT heavy so made an AMAZING Paleo tomato soup (so much like campbells but healthy!), sauteed zucchini and a little side of tuna. Perfection.

This morning I ate leftover salmon and zuchinni and for lunch ate the remaining tomato soup. I also made pork apple sausage which was good!

I'm drinking water but not enough I think. Woke up feeling really dry & dehydrated this morning. ugh. I'm also not eliminating like I should be. Anyone else experiencing this?

I had to have a little chat with myself yesterday afternoon when my boyfriend and I went to the hardware store and I suddenly just wanted to yell at him for being so damn pokey!! I knew this was the detoxing since I love to go to the hardware store. Still, I am happy to report that no blood was spilled AND I kept my mouth shut. phew!

Gonna go do some sewing followed by some napping I think. I am so grateful to have had the past few days off.

Wishing you all a compliant day and may your choices be ever in your favor.

Linda

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 4! My tummy started with the bloating last night after eating Salmon and veggie salad for dinner. Felt like I had stuffed myself, when i know I didn't. Forced a HB egg and half a pear in me upon waking. Then had scrambled eggs with spinach, onions, mushrooms and avocado.

Why did I not know how wonderful scrambling eggs with avocado is?!?!

Made well-fed mayo (super yum)! then had leftover Bison cook-up with a bit of my new mayo on top to give it some creamy taste. Then the bloating started again.... Peppermint tea has helped, ginger tea helped last night, but my gut is still very active today! Feel like I am still very swollen or am retain enough water to feel the phases of the moon!

Hoping this will pass in the next few days, also ready for some good sleep and energy! Day 4... halfway there!

good morning! (or afternoon...)

good luck Koneill! maybe the interviews are done by now, hope they were good!

kitmao - I know...that food smells amazing until you realize how completely nasty it is. I'm waiting for my hubby to bring some home. he sometimes works nights and picks it up on his way home...how did you do the bbq sauce? did you just leave out the palm sugar? was it sweet at all? I would love to make some bbq sauce, maybe I'll try it w/o the sugar

okeedokie - I have been experiencing constipation! the odd thing is I haven't really felt bloated or necessarily "constipated", just haven't had to go. I searched the forums and many people suggested a sweet potato a day so I started that. and last night I had an apple which always helps me - and it did. I've been drinking tons of water like you - I feel so dehydrated, too and can't believe how much more water I'm drinking than normal!

I posted at the end of the day yesterday on the other post - I wasn't very happy with my food choices overall yesterday, but I was compliant, so I need to remember that I am starting a whole new way of life and some days will be better than others! I bought some pre-made paleo meals and used one last night since I was overwhelmed with a sick baby, etc. I liked the meat but didn't like either veg I heated up.

also yesterday my bacon arrived from US Wellness! this morning was sweet potato hash heaven up in this house. OH MY GOD it was amazing! I might eat it again for dinner with some spinach and my last beet and an egg. I just threw in my bacon, onion, sweet potatoes, and salt and pepper.

I ate breakfast really late (took sick baby to doc in the AM) and so I'm a bit off schedule with meals, probably have a light meal in the afternoon and then dinner at a little later time.

Day four and I am feeling better than yesterday. The headache has subsided and the fog is lifting. Strangely, I seem to have come down with a sore lower back. Started my day with a tin of sardines in olive oil for breakfast and making some sausage and cabbage for lunch - comfort food. Will probably finish the day with what's left of the turkey soup. It's not raining yet so I am heading out for a quick walk beneath the grey skies and hoping to find some sunlight.

Had a great food day & got a workout in at the gym.

Breakfast: beef & veggie frittata, 3 pork sausage links, & root vegetable hash

Lunch: jerk seasoned pork chop, butternut squash puree, pork-fried cauliflower rice, and 1/4 of an avocado

Snack: celery sticks w/ almond butter (this was post-workout)

Dinner: sun-dried tomato meatloaf, root vegetable hash, 1/2 of a tomato, 1/2 of an avocado, & homemade mayo (to dip the veggies)

Wow.....I ate a lot of pork today. It was of different varieties, so I think that's okay. I concluded today that my energy level stinks just before dinner. Wake-up, morning, and afternoons are going great. I've noticed that I am consistently exhausted and ready for bed around 5:00pm.....just as I'm driving to pick my husband up from work. Good thing I had him drive back home....I took a quick cat nap!

Hopefully day 5 brings more energy.

Day 4 and I was in a fog. I have some sinus stuff going on and I think part of it was just that I was on day 4. Was jumbling my words in a meeting today. Ugh.

I met up with a few friends after work at a bar and had the same foggy head and said some pretty stupid things. I was super stoked when they reached out to me because I haven't seen them in a while, but about 1/2 later I realized I couldn't drink. I've done a few Whole30s, but that always catches me off guard! Luckily, they picked a bar/restaurant with locally sourced food so I enjoyed my water with an organic chicken salad with spinach, cherries, almonds, and a very light balsamic vinaigrette. Crisis averted!

I am still super bloated and a little constipated. It's awful! I feel heavier now than I did going into this. But, at work today, I found my resume photos from last year, and I'm still not as chunky now as I was then! I didn't realize I was that heavy last year... Yikes, that's motivation to stick with this!

Wishing you all a compliant day and may your choices be ever in your favor.

Linda

Sitting here feeling TIRED and then read that lol! Love it. Tired's not so bad :).

Started my day with a tin of sardines in olive oil for breakfast and making some sausage and cabbage for lunch - comfort food.

Sandzu - do you like eggs? I discovered dumping a small tin of sardines or a tin of anchovies into a pan on med heat, chopping them up a bit, and then scrambling in three eggs. Yum!

Hi all,

Day 4 is almost done. I now have a miserable cold and all I want is TOAST!!! I love toast. so. much. But I didn't have any. For breakfast I had broccoli and sweet potato sauteed with sausage. For lunch I had a mixed lettuce and herb salad with hard boiled eggs, tomatoes, and avocado. I had a snack of two tangerines. And then for dinner when I was feeling totally tired and miserable, I just threw some zucchini and carrots in a bowl, nuked them, threw in a chopped up hot dog (compliant), nuked it again, and put some avocado and evoo on top. My husband looked like he was going to barf when he saw what I was eating, but hey, I feel the same way when he eats a TV dinner, so whatever! I think I do need to eat a little more and a little more well roundedly, but I'm doing the best I can with this dang cold. I hope tomorrow is a little better!

Elleon, I'm totally going to try that with the sardines and eggs! I love sardines, but I was getting tired of just putting them on salads. I never thought to heat them up with eggs!! Thanks!

Evening all! Finally got a chunk of good sleep. Was so deep when the alarm went off I had trouble coming to the surface. Food has been a breeze so far. I love preparing good, healthy food. It gives me a sense of well-being that I can't describe. Tonight I made pork chops with coconut mushroom sauce from Fast Paleo. While they were cooking, I roasted a few meals worth of broccoli and cauliflower, and finally made my first batch of Sunshine Sauce from Well Fed. OMG!!! It was so amazing! Why haven't I done this before? Probably because I never had sunflower butter. I could have eaten it off the spoon, standing in my kitchen.

I'm surprised at how easy this has been so far, considering how bad I was in December. Except for all the circumstances beyond my control that robbed me of sleep the first few nights and made me very tired, I haven't had any bad side effects yet.

Day 4 has been a success! compliant and still nicotine free:). Woohoo!!!

The down side is I do have the worst hormonal roller coaster of anyone I know and what do you know.... It's about that time. Dreams of peanut butter chocolate crunch bars last night:). Sooooo bloated and soooo hungry. It least I know this will pass in a day or so.

Breakfast was; Eggs,mushrooms,onion,a little boars headv ham scramble with kale for breakfast

Lunch; Homemade chicken salad, a couple of leftover wings, no veggies though:(

Dinner; homemade grass fed burgers, mushrooms, onion, 1/2 cup sauted sweet potatoes and kale (lots of ghee for this meal:))

I did have 2 small handfuls of macadamians...I feel like eating the whole bag right now.

Overall I think I made it. So very tired and I haven't been able to sleep in days, hope this changes.

Night all!! So excited to be a part of this:)

Good Morning and happy day 5!

I am typing this from my bed in the hopes that when I'm finished I will come out from under the covers a less cranky person.

I went to bed early because I have been waking up at the crack of dawn. I am sleeping but still very fitfully and I got to admit to really and truly being over this part. ugh.

Hot & cold, up & down, nightmares, crusty eyes, constipation and dehydration.

There, I said it!!

Now onto the flip side of this...

I have more energy. As early as I got up yesterday (today I woke up at 4:30 a.m.) I didn't feel tired all day! That is a significant change as I usually hit a wall at about 4:00 p.m. every day.

The swelling in my body is going down. Thank God!!

Productivity. I puttered all day yesterday. I cooked, I sewed, I power shopped (oops) and my boyfriend took me out to dinner where I had a yummy grass fed burger will roasted red peppers & spinach and a big sweet potato. I'm trying to learn to like them.

Overall I'm doing well, I'm just really looking forward to sleeping better and feeling less cranky. Thank God I know where its coming from and can give myself a timeout before I open my mouth and hurt someones feelings.

This too shall pass, right?

Hey a question to the group...where is everybody!? We had so many people jump on board a few days ago and I'm seeing less and less posts everyday. Wassup?

Wishing you all a compliant day and may your choices be ever in your favor!

Linda

Good Morning! I am on Day 5!!!! Hang in there Linda, last night I slept the most restful sleep I have had in years!!! This after my being paleo (for the most part) from July - November. The wheels fell off December and now I am paying for it. I still have bloating, although not as bad after meals. Still feeling like "large marge" but I know it is due to the detox process.

I had to (again) force myself to eat breakfast this morning. However, discovering avocado with my spinach/tomato/ scrambled eggs, has made breakfast more exciting. I also make myself eat before I am allowed to have my morning coffee.

Weird, I am having sugar cravings after I eat?!?! So I just brush my teeth again and distract myself. I am still snacking during the day, but it is getting less and less. I am really learning a lot about myself and my body already..... (This is a HUGE surprise, even bigger than the bloating that came out of left field day 3).

Wishing everyone blue skies and a positive W30 day!!!

Laura

I woke up feeling like there's a basketball in my throat. I have a cold. Seems like I always get one with any sort of detox/cleanse/Whole30, but not usually this soon! I'm going to muster up the energy to go to the store for a chicken, and will make chicken soup from scratch. Also have a pot of water boiling on the stove with some oils so I can steam, and will try gargling with ACV to help with the nasty party going on in the back of my throat. Today is going to be hard eating, let alone eating compliant! I'd much rather just run to the store for the deli's chicken soup, but I can only imagine what's in there!

If I have the energy, I'm also going to try this recipe today as I've been on an egg kick lately. They used to give me instant brain fog but that hasn't been the case lately, so I'm going crazy with them: Avocado deviled eggs

Hey everyone. For those that asked, my job interviews went well. I am under a contract now that ends this month so I need to get something going! And thanks for asking. :-)

I really feel for the detox-er/low carb flu-ers. I am having an OK time as, except for wine and occasional white potatoes, I was pretty Paleo already. But my husband, who is sort of following along, seems to have come down with a cold and is griping about the fact that he's been SO HEALTHY for 4 whole days and then he goes and gets sick.

Eating wise, things have been fine. I need to do a BIG grocery shop today, though, I've been piece-mealing it which makes me cranky. Yesterday was leftover chicken croquettes, butternut squash, kale and raw sauerkraut for breakfast, burger and steamed broccoli and sweet potatoes for lunch, and roast chicken and mashed cauliflower for dinner.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday. Kim

Hi all,

Day 4 is almost done. I now have a miserable cold and all I want is TOAST!!! I love toast. so. much. But I didn't have any. For breakfast I had broccoli and sweet potato sauteed with sausage. For lunch I had a mixed lettuce and herb salad with hard boiled eggs, tomatoes, and avocado. I had a snack of two tangerines. And then for dinner when I was feeling totally tired and miserable, I just threw some zucchini and carrots in a bowl, nuked them, threw in a chopped up hot dog (compliant), nuked it again, and put some avocado and evoo on top. My husband looked like he was going to barf when he saw what I was eating, but hey, I feel the same way when he eats a TV dinner, so whatever! I think I do need to eat a little more and a little more well roundedly, but I'm doing the best I can with this dang cold. I hope tomorrow is a little better!

Elleon, I'm totally going to try that with the sardines and eggs! I love sardines, but I was getting tired of just putting them on salads. I never thought to heat them up with eggs!! Thanks!

fwiw I think your dinner sounds good :). I love the compliant-mash-in-a-bowl approach!!

I really feel for the detox-er/low carb flu-ers. I am having an OK time as, except for wine and occasional white potatoes, I was pretty Paleo already. But my husband, who is sort of following along, seems to have come down with a cold and is griping about the fact that he's been SO HEALTHY for 4 whole days and then he goes and gets sick.

lol. Yeah, it may take more than four days for him... I'm pretty stoked we're doing 100 actually, because it will be ample time to sort everything out!

I'm still here, and I have a cold or something. A friend was describing her recent flu and I think I have the mildest form of that. I keep thinking I should get up and get out and walk the dog, and then when I get up and about much I have to rest.

It's so strange to be able to tell the difference between feeling (in my case slightly) ill and just feeling like crap all the time. I'm used to pushing through it when I feel like this, because this right now (except for the icky nausea) feels pretty much how I felt most of the time before. I've decided to enjoy roasted veggies (easy to make) and all the broth in my fridge, and really rest. What a luxury, eh? Oh yeah. Aidell's makes a compliant chicken mango sausage (I thought it was too good to be true and read the ingredient label like four times) that the children and I may or may not have a fairly intense obsession over.

So day four, yay!! The bubble had feeling has finally started to subside, but definitely in I-Need-A-Nap territory. It is grey and cold here, too (which oddly I have grown to love), so I am fighting hard to get at least some chores done rather than afghan up and watch netflix... by the way! Les Mis is supposedly on Netflix now? Must check that out.

Anyways, clearly no tiger's blood yet, but enjoying a small dose of the amazing ninja productivity that comes with the Whole 30 for me. Example: rather than thinking, oh I need to do the dishes and walking off. I think, oh I need to do the dishes and look down and realize I AM DOING THE DERN DISHES! Anyone else experience this? I'm not more motivated, rather just find myself doing things. It adds up.

Also a bright spot - made breakfast for myself and the hubs this morning. Cooked some ground beef with homemade taco seasoning, then removed the beef and cooked down fresh spinach in the same pan. Took out the spinach, threw some EVOO and beef back in the pan, and then scrambled eggs into it. Had a bit of sweet potato on the side, yummm. Husband's comment? "I feel like I should go set some posts or brand some cattle!" I took that as a win :).

Edit: sorry if you've seen odd edits to this post, trying to figure out how to anchor keywords to embed links... anyone know how please? (example, the word "seasoning" links to the webpage rather than tossing the whole link in here).

Hi Everybody,

It's the end of day 5 for me. Yesterday in Germany, we picked up some dried figs at the health food store. I ate one and then wanted more. They taste exactly like a fig newton from my childhood. My husband has now hidden the figs at my request. :)

I'm missing nuts since I'm doing this nut free and so we made some beet chips (recipe) so I could munch on something crunchy. I also ate some kale chips today. I worked out a lot today so I've been pretty hungry. I didn't eat enough early in the day which left me wanting to eat all afternoon.

See you all tomorrow!

ROFL! Whose bright idea was that? They have a pedometer challenge, which I assume was to motivate people to move more and improve their health, and the prize is a huge box of sweets? That's like the people in line at the grocery store who are morbidly obese, with a cart full of ice cream and cookies, and a 2-liter bottle of Diet cola. It kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

Oh no, listen to this! At my husband's work, there was a team near where his team works that did a biggest loser challenge (you know, weight loss) and the end party, after they listed off the results and winners, they ordered pizzas and brought in a lots of baked sweets. Seriously! Its like you do all this crap to lose the weight so you can celebrate by putting it back on!?

Yesterday in Germany, we picked up some dried figs at the health food store. I ate one and then wanted more. They taste exactly like a fig newton from my childhood. My husband has now hidden the figs at my request. :)

NOTE TO SELF: DO NOT, repeat do not buy any figs during this Whole 100. (Fig Newtons are a weakness of mine.)

Its like you do all this crap to lose the weight so you can celebrate by putting it back on!?

But that's how many, many people see diets and health. You do what you want until you are sick, then you go to the doctor and get something to fix it. Then you do what you want until you are sick again. Same with diets. You don't maintain a healthy pattern, you overindulge until you gross yourself out, then you 'diet' until you hit your target, and then you go back to your old ways.

How many people with diabetes, auto-immune diseases, etc. would rather spend a lifetime on drugs, eating crap, than make changes that could eliminate the need for some or all of their medication? We are the most self-indulgent culture on earth!

1Maryann, I think some of us just take a little longer to have the lightbulb moment than others. I have high blood pressure and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, and some undiagnosed something that made my ankles and fingers swell at the end of every day. I did my first Whole30 not to address those issues, but because a friend said it helped her with mental focus, and I wanted that. Well, three weeks later my bp dropped 40 points (Note: I'm still on medication and expect to continue, but the medication wasn't working until Whole30); the Synthroid suddenly made me feel good instead of jittery; and the swelling was gone.

I really think that we have to change our mindset on what constitutes indulgence. I thought I was indulging myself by drinking fancy coffees. Well, today I'm indulging myself by eating shrimp and making shrimp stock out of the shells; and eating lots of roasted kale. Real food is pretty wonderful stuff.

Archived