100 Days of Awesome "Whole 100" Group Log

Koneill12

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another good day. Haven't had a full good nights sleep yet so was a little tired this afternoon but bounced back after a 10 min try to sleep but your daughter won't let you rest period:). Highlights were butternut squash lasagna, roasted cauliflower and made a much improved batch of mayo with extra light OO and ACV. A-maz-ing. So thick and not too olivy! Leaving town tomorrow for a few so trying to pack some fresh goodies to help get me by.

Have a great day tomorrow everyone! Go Whole 100ers!!!

Evidently I can't read or follow directions and posted yesterday's progress somewhere else. Anyhow...today was much better (no headache!) and I'm feeling great that I'm actually DOING this. Not just thinking about it or talking about it, but DOING it!!! Yay us!

Happy birthday!

Woke up this morning with the serious bloat. I tend to get this the first week or two of any sort of diet changes or cleanse. I wore my forgiving (read: fat) pants today to cope... The frequent trips to the bathroom started today so I'm hoping the water weight is starting to leave me. My power thought card of the day is fitting: I love my body. I create peacefulness in my mind, and my body reflects this peacefulness as perfect health.

I also woke up to a well-done pork shoulder in the slow cooker. The veggies in the bottom were black and the once large pork shoulder was quite small. I was terrified it was ruined. But, when pulling the string off, the thing started to just fall apart. It ended up being super moist and tender on the outside with a crispy exterior. Yum!

Breakfast: sweet potato hash + banana

Lunch: chicken apple salad, pork shoulder, broccoli

Dinner: left over egg salad, grapes, chicken apple salad. Didn't have the heart for a real meal.

Oh, and I'm sleeping like crap. I've been using a new blue light in the mornings and I'm not so sure it's doing the trick just yet to reset my sleep cycle. And I've been playing around with my dose of thyroid meds slightly and my body is telling me it's a bit too high. I'm back down to my normal dose and am hoping the slight racing feeling passes soon so I can get some sleep!

Yay, day #3 is almost done! I really like reading everyone's posts!

So, just as I was starting to think, "Hey, I haven't had a cold in a week or two," I came down with one. It's not too bad though. Today I had a big salad with 3 eggs for breakfast, forgot my lunch and resorted to a Lara bar, and had Chipotle carnitas for late lunch/early dinner. I might have to have a little snack now because I feel hungry. Looking forward to tomorrow and doing a little better in the well-rounded-meals department!

Happy Birthday, Susan!! Also, for the record, I consistently do not like green peppers, not even on a Whole100. I really wish I did though.

Day 3 for me and I think I may be dying :( My head is spinning so fast that trying to think makes me feel sick.

This just hit half way through my day. Was fine in the morning but by noon I was really feeling it. Thank goodness, I had a pot of turkey soup simmering in the slow cooker. Hoping tomorrow will be better for me. :wacko:

Happy birthday, Susan! Any more January birthdays in this crowd? :)

I'm counting today as my reset Day 1, since yesterday felt like it really should have been a Day 0 of "almost but not quite." Today was much better. I had eggs cooked in coconut oil and a new Asian spice blend, plus a butternut-and-sweet-potato hash for breakfast, beef-and-veg soup plus some fermented pickles (new to me, weird but pretty good) and celery sticks with almond butter for lunch, and homemade chicken curry with a handful of sliced almonds and sauteed kale with ghee and garlic for dinner. Ghee is going to become my new friend, I can already tell. :D And I even resisted the siren call of pineapple for dessert! Hooray for legitimately not being hungry, and starving the sugar beast along the way.

So far, so good on fending off the low-carb flu, which I was really dreading. I have two job interviews (YAY) early next week, and I need to keep my brain firing on all cylinders and my energy level up at least through next Wednesday. Then I can cut back on the squash and sweet potatoes and beets if need be. Until then, I'm liking having the amount of energy that I've had today and yesterday, and I hope to keep this up!

On a final note: I didn't go out to the gym today, but I did sit quietly (I can't quite call it "meditation" with the amount of thinking I still do) for at least 20 minutes this morning, which I haven't done in months. It helps that I've gotten all the crap cleared out of my sitting room. :)

Had a pretty good day 3. I actually slept well last night, which was the complete opposite of the end of day 1.

Breakfast today: beef & veggie frittata, 3 slices of bacon, and creamy kale.

Lunch: chicken salad (roasted chicken, tomato, fresh rosemary, & homemade Paleo mayo), butternut squash puree, and 1/2 of an avocado

Dinner: 3 2oz. beef sliders, sauteed mushrooms/peppers/onions, and pork-fried cauliflower rice

Snacks: banana w/ almond butter, creamy kale (I couldn't wait until tomorrow to have the rest of it....so good)

I'm still trying to get the feel of my potions. I felt hungry shortly after breakfast and lunch (that's where the snacks came in handy), but am still very full almost 4 hours after dinner. Might need to work on cutting down the dinner plate since it doesn't seem to take as much to fill me up at night.

Happy birthday Susan!!

Any more January birthdays in this crowd? :)

Yep - me! The 18th. I already asked for fruit salad at work instead of cake... and the people I work with are so awesome. They were like, sounds good!

Andddd... so today is Day 2 for me. And you guys are killing me with the yummy recipe ideas. I need some chocolate chili asap.

Had a migraine sneaking up on me midday, but thankfully drank a ton of water and it started to subside. Still feel hollow-headed but the eyeball throb and shoulder tension have subsided and no weird halos. I think it made it out clear (fingers crossed).

Onward! And good job everyone :).

Day3! Totally compliant and tobacco free :)!!!

Some urges for dark chocolate...it's that time of the month and I just stopped smoking. I made it through though. For many reasons I am so excited about this journey, I think this whole100 is going to help me in many ways!

Good night all:)

end of day3 for me and I'm not exactly happy with it. was I compliant? yes. did I make the absolute best food choices? no. is it a journey? YES! so, in the end, I guess the day WAS a success! :)

breakfast: banana, cashew butter, hard boiled egg

lunch: chicken with mango salsa and steamed beets

snack: larabar

dinner: pulled pork, apple, cashew butter

I don't want to use larabars, but luckily I had one in my bag. I was in the car with a sick sleeping baby while my daughter was at gymnastics.

because of the sick baby I came home with no desire to cook or eat chicken for the third time this week, so I used one of my "pre-made paleo" dinners I ordered before I started - this is exactly what I ordered them for! the pork was good, but I also cooked two side/veggies and didn't like either one of them.

since I heated my dinner up I ended up making my daughter her favorite - pasta with white sauce. it was quite an experience since it's something I LOVE...even just remembering not to taste the sauce as I made it or test the noodles was a great accomplishment!

I do like a daily log, but that's just me. I like to check in every day (sometimes twice - sorry! :o) and I like to read a smaller shorter thread, but I am fine with whatever. I just assume most people won't log on every day, and that there will be some of us who do.

goal for tomorrow: more veggies. less cashew butter.

Today was day 3 for me and going strong.

Here are my meals (very typical for me):

M1 - 4 Poached eggs, Banana and some unsweetened "just apples" applesauce, coffee (black)

M2 - Paleo Meatloaf, Big Salad with Olive Oil and Balsamic

M3 - Snack - apple

M4 - 4 oz chicken breast, big salad with EVOO/balsamic

M5 - 2 tbsp "just almonds" almond butter and 1/2 cup applesauce

Calories - 1544, Carbs - 107 G, Fat 85 G, Protein, 101 G.

No workout today - rest day.

All in all, pretty happy with the day.

Cheers

DJ

Good Morning! Day 2 for me. I woke up with a nauseating headache today. I'm at work but having a hard time focusing with a pounding head. I was hoping my breakfast of eggs scrambled with coconut oil, 1/2 avocado & bacon would help but not yet. Drinking lots of water and hoping this work day goes fast!

Have a good day all!

Good luck, Koneill12! (Or should I be saying: break a leg? Whichever works!)

I'm proud of myself: this morning I made eggs fried in ghee, mushrooms and garlic sauteed in coconut oil with coconut aminos (so glad I bought those!), and red cabbage sauteed in ghee with apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and a whole lot of spices. This may not sound super exciting, but I did this with NO RECIPES. You have no idea how much progress this is for me!

I'm hoping the rest of today will be similarly enlightening and productive. It's sunny here in Chicago, and that's always a plus for me -- I joke that I'm "solar-powered," but some days it feels much more like truth than like joking.

Hi Everyone! I have a big day today, an in-person job interview and a phone screening for another job. Hope I can keep my energy up. So far I've felt OK, just going to bed a bit early.

Have a great day, everyone!

Good luck!!!

Good morning all :). Day 3, woot! Except maybe not too woot since I feel like I drank bleach. Not that I've drunk bleach in the past, but I feel that if I were to drink bleach, it would be something like this sore body, bubble head nonsense.

Did I mention I'm quitting coffee this Whole100? Thank goodness for green tea.

Have a wonderful day everyone, even with the bubble-head I still am so excited for all of us!

And kb0426 - thanks for the reminder about starchy veggies!! I am off to get some sweet potatoes today... if i remember correctly, this is typically the time when I eat them with almost every meal <_<

Hi Everybody,

It's the end of day 4 for me here in Switzerland. I think I was having sugar cravings after dinner yesterday because I ate a banana and I don't even like bananas! And then, I ate TWO little mandarin oranges. Went shopping in Germany today and wanted some chocolate (food smells were everywhere), so I had some black coffee instead. Then I tried on some clothes and that cured me of wanting any chocolate!!

Here is the recipe for toasted coconut chicken fingers that I mentioned the other day. Tasty and easy.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Good luck Koneill!

Lisa - I'm guilty of trying on clothes when I was about to cave back when I did Weight Watchers. Hang in there on the sugar cravings. Hopefully we're all about to get to the other side where it starts to get easier!

I'm completely amazed at how mild my sugar cravings have been. I had some on Day 1, but other than that it hasn't really mattered that much to me. Since I'm sick, I've been taking out all the leftover in the house and eating a lot of eggs and spinach (since that's easy). My husband got fast food two nights in a row and ate it right next to me. I don't know how that stuff can smell good, but it does. So that's been tricky, but luckily he brings it home and I've already eaten, so I don't feel tempted to eat it.

I had some pastured jalapeno sausage this morning with frozen cauliflower and a homemade bbq sauce from Eat Like a Dinosaur. They have this ketchup recipes made from tomatoes and doesn't use sugar. I have a dozen jars of that from making it over the summer, so I turned one of those jars into their bbq sauce recipe - pretty good! Now I just need to make some ribs and cook it in this sauce. I can't believe that in all of my adult life, I've never made ribs. I have some pastured pork ribs in the freezer, so I think it is time to check that one off the list of things I should do in my life. :)

Archived