Nadia's PW30. "Let's fix it" journey.

Nadia B

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calee, healthy as well. Lamb and game meat have iron, B-12 etc. Variety should help to supply your body with important nutrients. Planning and weekly cook off help. Once you get used to it, it's not too much stress or pain.

I also wake up around 3/3:30 most nights (haven't been recently though) interesting thought about why....I'll have to pay more attention to that.

I think the important thing about exercise is doing things you love because you love them not making yourself do things you think you are supposed to do. I'm not planning on giving up my running anytime soon because I honestly enjoy it. Just my 2 cents.

I am going to disagree a bit here. Though I belive that loving what you do is uber important, you are right here, sometimes we need discipline with stuff we are not too crazy about. We don't neccessarily love doing stuff that makes us healthier, but it's all about the informed choice, right? Getting healthy is hard work, we've learned it.

So our livers are all supposedly awake because of lack of carbs. I assume that only safe starches are about to aid this as they are broken down more slowly, no blood sugar roller coaster. Too much to think about. I will just eat a slice of yam before bed and see ;)

Experiment with resting will happen sooner. I had dental surgery today. Bloody liquid food (pun intended) for 2 days AGAIN. Nothing hot or even warm. Aaaaand no activity for 4 days. So I am on a forced rest regimen.

Scoby condo, purple tongue story, book store epic fail and other stuff from the day on the blog if you wish. Goodnight.

My face is still swollen, but way better. At least i can do without mouthful of cotton. Liquid food is my karma. Practiced two soups - both are faaaantastic. Avocado soup is beyond real. How come there are only 3 components? Mushroom bacon soup is awesome too, just winged it. Anywho, random pics of my days and stuff that helps me going strong on my AIP-esque journey. If only my periods came. Or tummy stopped aching :wacko: Bright side - my skin is glooooooooowing and my KP is disappearing.

null_zps48f16cdd.jpgnull_zps24545f4a.jpg

null_zps06dee90f.jpgnull_zps0b7fc276.jpg

null_zpsffcd16ac.jpgnull_zpsd6183bd5.jpgnull_zpsfa53963b.jpgnull_zpsdf00d5cd.jpg

Forgot the main thing! I am going to ballet. It is a tour of famous ballet from my home city. I can barely wait till the 7:30. I am going alone and couldn't care less. Ballet is called Rodin. I remember how I spent hours in his house in Paris. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Here is the fragment.

First..love the stripes and paisley. Second..nails too. Third..who is the lady staring at your booch? Fourth..what is the photo right before the last one? Tenth..good for you going to the ballet. You will be the mysterious woman. I go SO many places by myself. If I didn't, I wouldn't go. Not an option. :0)

Hi Nadia! It's Amanda who wrote to ask you about liver on your blog. I'm coming out of hiding on these forums (been too ashamed of being unable to break my binge-eating habit enough to complete a Whole30) to share with yih my experience RE not having my period. Long story short, after not getting my period for 9 months (likely due to low body weight - 102 lbs at 5'5" - closely followed by the start of my binging, go figure!) I took a round of progesterone. I didn't get my period immediately like I was supposed to, but did get it the following month and every month since (about 2 years now). Of course, now I weigh somewhere around 122-125 so that probably helps too (I guess the upside of binging, if there is such a thing!).

As far as the breakfast casserole, I totally wimped out with the liver! I cooked and ground the liver yesterday to add to the casserole I made today, but when I took a taste I was a little put off by the strength of the flavor. So I made it today with 2lbs of ground beef instead. I'll have it tomorrow morning and let you know how it ended up (of course I forgot to add 1 of my zucchinis so it may be a little dry...hopefully not!).

Anyway, hang in there with the hormonal stuff...it might just take a bit more time. Hope your mouth feels better! What's up with the dental work? I though humans teeth didn't turn bad until the invention of agriculture. I figured your super healthy eating would have innoculated you ;)

First..love the stripes and paisley. Second..nails too. Third..who is the lady staring at your booch? Fourth..what is the photo right before the last one? Tenth..good for you going to the ballet. You will be the mysterious woman. I go SO many places by myself. If I didn't, I wouldn't go. Not an option. :0)

Sweet Susan :) This is the design shop I pass every day and think what a vessel for booch! I went to see it closer and it was smth like 300$. I wanted to tell the assistant that I want to put a blob of yeast in it :) Yes, I've learned doing stuff on my own here in Canada. Doesn't feel strange at all.

The photo? Black and white one? It's my skirt in the wind this morning :)

Hi Nadia! It's Amanda who wrote to ask you about liver on your blog. I'm coming out of hiding on these forums.

Good for you, join the party. I hope this community will help you as much as it helps me. I am exactly same 5'5 and 121-123lb. I am taking progesterone course for the second time over the last year. My estrogen is low and it all leads to stress management (as I don't believe that my weight is too low). Since I feel pretty happy and can't say that I am constantly worried, I will have to look into cortisol science. Quitting caffeine should help a ton.

Several points about liver. It tends to become tough and very strong tasting if overcooked. In my comment I told you that I've tried it as a binder by pureeing and mixing with beef. I meant raw. I never pre-cook meat or liver for meatolaves or casseroles. I don't know any why's behind your method :) I hope you will have luck with upping ground beef portion. I think 2/3 meat and 1/3 liver should be a good ratio. Please report anyways.

I wish!

I used ghee (less than in recipe tho). I haven't made it on AIP. Does your CO have strong flavor? Can't really predict the outcome with it.

I really don't think ghee is an issue, so I would add the biiiig blob of yellow goodness.

Derval I just saw that in a shop where the only thing I can afford is to refill my Sls free dish soap.

I can already feel the heartbreak of that vessel getting chipped and I don't even own it :(

I can already feel the heartbreak of that vessel getting chipped and I don't even own it

^^^^

Yup. I can see it being smashed to the floor, off our apartment-narrow counter top.

Lovely though.

I love that "organic modern" type of look.

Nadia, I can't watch your link on my iPad. Dunno why. Make I ask where your home city is?

I'm glad your soups turned out well.

Yea, because Ipad doesn't support flash. Somehow it works on my Iphone but doesn't play on Ipad.

My home city is Saint-Petersburg, Russia ;)

It looks so sleek and modern. Dreams. If I had it, I'd have to switch to crystal glasses and stop dancing (maybe moving in general) around the apartment :D This is why my scoby mama lives in a non fancy 14$ vessel and her offspring floats in a former cookie jar I bought for 3$.

Yea, because Ipad doesn't support flash. Somehow it works on my Iphone but doesn't play on Ipad.

My home city is Saint-Petersburg, Russia ;)

I will try to watch on my iphone.

I love your home city! I spent 10 days there a few years ago. The parks were beautiful, but unfortunately all had signs to stay off the grass. The sea was phenomenal. I loved the boat rides and how much everyone enjoyed taking in the sun and walking around.

On our first night in town we had tickets to the Marinski Theatre. So beautiful!! It was a recital done by graduating ballet students. They were lovely. We went back again but I can't remember what we saw. We struck up conversations with local people sitting in our box. They directed us to restaurants and wrote down what we should order. They told us not to allow them to seat us in the back, but to sit in the room where the locals ate so that we would get a better taste of Russia. We stayed in a local hotel one block from the Hermitage so walked everywhere. After that we (my 39 year old son and I), traveled by night train to Moscow and saw more ballet there. One of the dancers was so stunning that I announced to my son that I wanted to marry her. His response was "me too!" It wasn't her body, but the way she flowed across the stage that was so beautiful.

On our last night in Moscow we went to the Bolshoi to see an opera. It was a bit too heavy for me because of it's slant towards ruling over women. I didn't like the dialog very well. We snuck out at intermission and headed to the basement of the department store to pick up a mini-feast, then took it back to the Red Square Marriot to celebrate our most successful two weeks in Russia.

My mother was born in Poland and I hope to travel there this fall to see her birthplace.

Going to Russia is on my bucket list! St Petersburg and Moscow for sure, and I've always wanted to do the Trans Siberian Railway trip. I taught myself the Cyrillic alphabet last year ... Really need to go find some lessons so I can actually understand what I read :P

Oh wow, you guys are blowing my mind :) You are making me homesick too! I hope I get to go back for a visit soon, but I have a never ending detective story with immigration office about my stolen documents. Half legal liver junkie. Kidding. I am legal.

Calee, I am so glad you liked it. Mini-feast was caviar of course? ;) Poland is great, I love Krakow and Wroclaw a lot. Early fall is amazing there.

Sophie, ты молодец! If you ever go, let me know, I would be happy to give tips. My two aussie friends did that, they traveled all the way from Melbourne to Saint-Petersburg - through Asia and then Trans Siberian. It fascinates me that so many people are willing to do this. I would have to be paid to board on that train. Not so much of a romantic, eh?

Bright spot for the log. Ballet was amazing, I even cried a bit. Soup experiments go on. This one turned out so good! Very appropriate for the rain and dead cold outside. I am wearing sweater, scarf and a leather jacket. What the F, Canada? Back to soup - carrot, parsnip, apple sauce, summer squash, onions with tumeric and ginger. Served with coconut milk, cilantro pesto and saffron. Too good to be a random dish made in 10 minutes. Apple cinnamon kombucha + salmon + cantaloupe. Sun is in my kitchen.

null_zps36ac9e88.jpg

Now on to serious business. I crave fat. FAT. To make a better point - I ate 3 (!!!!!) little avocados at 4pm. Just with a spoon. I am hungry. Like crazy hungry. I am not dealing with it too well. Hormones joke is not funny anymore, seems a bit lame to actually blame them? Can this be real? One thing is to crave a sweet thing and understamnd that I am bored/looking for comfort/blahblah, but this?! I have 3 more days of pills and the magic is suppose to happen. Can't wait. I hate to lose control.

I am not allowed to but I am going to rehearsal. I won't be jumping full force, just marking the steps. I am not too interested in my stitches to break lose.

I feel like finishing on a positive note. My 3 gallons of booch are almost ready! My imagination runs wild about the flavoring. New ones I am trying - carrots, beets, lavender, sage, basil, cardamon, papaya, dragon fruit, peach, honeydew, cantaloupe, plum, kiwi and pear. Well, maybe not all of them, depends on what my China neighbors have on sale. Old ones I love - orange vanilla (cream soda flavor) and apricot saffron. New batch will be made with green tea. So exciteddddddddd. What do you think is a good pair for pear? I think ginger or vanilla? What can compliment plum?

Archived