Nadia's PW30. "Let's fix it" journey.

Nadia B

Love the new look of the blog. And it makes me happy you're so happy. You have also convinced me I must start working on my own home brew of booch. Did I mention the cured beef turned out delish but a tad salty. Perhaps that's just the nature of the beast. Or maybe my tenderloin was kinda skinny. Not sure.

Also, reading in the park was definitely a good call over the weekend, if you ask me.

Oh thanks, just playing with new toy. Confusing as hell and interesting.

Yes for brewing booch. Start now and you'll have best beverage ever for the pool party ;) I am really puzzled by the beef saltiness, mone wasn't salty at all. Like almost add more salt. I guess the better the quality the more meat takes in? Really don't know. Use it in wraps? Like lettuce, meat, sundried tomato blah blah. Topping chicken breast while/after baking might work too. Keep me posted.

Happy times and tiger blood. Soon to come to LadyM full steam too!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love learning ways to use the computer. I designed my website and have a Wordpress blog and it's fun. Slow going. I have a giant CSS book I wish I could absorb. In another life I'd be a programmer. I hate adding photos to WP, it's a tedious process and much faster on my other site (Indexhibit framework). But I can't manipulate the PHP of the other site as easily.

But I don't get the Freud kidney joke? Maybe I'm tired. I love Freud, though he's out of favor I guess--or maybe he's back in. Civilization and Its Discontents is on my Best Of book shelf over my desk. Next to the Phoenix Rising (X-Men) saga. (See what a true nerd I am, Lady M? My bookshelf makes me laugh.)

I am too impatient to take time and learn coding/programming :unsure: Moreover I have this feeling that WP page is just a toy, not a real thing, My posts are nothing like a real deal. I don't even have a laptop (or TV...or microwave). My only camera is the one on my Iphone. I don't know anything about photography really. I edit pictures on my way to work with little photoshop app. I don't have a great message to spread nor do I create something valuable. I really enjoy playing with this now and it matters the most. WD for IOs is working for me as posting is fairly easy. Even adding pictures.

I used this bright name in the most trivial manner. I was taking a picture of that kidney and had free association moment, let's put it this way. We read "The Ego and the ID" as part of the program at the Uni, but I hardly remember my impression of this work. I really like his take on humor. I haven't read "The Joke and it's relation to unconscious" cover to cover, but it is waiting on my bookshelf. My bookshelf makes me cry. I had to leave most of my books back home. I have too many of them to read and too little time.

YES! Take it! It's very tender. Ghee, garlic and sage! Ghee and onions! Ghee, onions and bacon! Ghee, onions, bacon and mushrooms! Or fancy shmancy veal liver Viennese style.

Two new posts - last night and today. I like blogologging so far. So sleepy and tired though. Going home and crawling under the blanket is very tempting. But the flash mob is in the begining of June, so I can't miss the rehearsal :angry:

One more thing. I know exactly how many calories were in that bar. I can't stop thinking about it. The fact of the whole chocolate bar doesn't upset me (a little bit), but the fact that I think about "caloric damage" drives me nuts. For f's sake!!!!

One more thing to one more thing. Weather has it's point and screaming "woman take care of yourself". Thunderstorm half way to the studio. Wet to the underwear. Ran home losing my jeans as they got all heavy :D Hot bath immediately. Lamb for dinner. Blanket, tea and movie. What to watch what to watch...

Lol..okay so excited. When you first posted, it just said "yes, take it". I wasnt even sure you were talking to me. Now there is more from you. Maybe it is a tapatalk flaw? Veal liver here I come.

I have to admit..I don't get the blog stuff. I blab enough here and in real life. Splain it Lucy. :)

I hope you won't hate it. Pressure pressure :D

About the blog I am still figuring it out. I don't like the blog word. I am just looking for a way to keep a log in format that works best for me. I like having a page where I can keep all my links to cooking resources vs remembering that I've posted them somewhere on page 11 of my post whole30 log. I like that it's easier for me to update being limited by apple devices. You know what I mean? I am not even sure I will be posting linksS to it here anymore or keeping post log here, I'll see. Just playing and trying to find a journaling tool.

Oh thank you, sweet lady. Spleen has much milder taste than liver. Bacon helps to make it no so offal-y too. I used to hate liver, even the word made me sick to my stomach. Not sure what happened, but I guess I just learned to cook it.

Ohhhhh....so true about the recipes. I cant tell you how many recipes I thought sounded so good, but they have disappeared into thread never never land. So many. The thought crossed my mind to start a log here simply to keep track of the recipes but I never did.

I hope you don't stop posting here. I have seen people put a link to their blogs in their siggy. Maybe that would work for you? Although it's also nice when you let us know you have posted there.

Veal livers defrosting. I am also going to make nomnoms chicken with gravy and crockpot some babybacks in case I dont like the liver. I may make pate.

Since I dont have a log to record this (keeping a log stresses me out) I am going to borrow yours for a second. I had a PR at the gym yesterday. I dead lifted 95 lbs. :)

Susan, oh come on, don't be silly It's no harder than a shrimp. Wash, pat dry, cut and pull. That's it.

Don't tell me you can deadlift that much and can't pull a little vein

I did it! Yeah reading about it was worse than doing it. :0)

Oh....I happen to lurve veal liver. I guess because it was from a grass fed calf, it is much milder and doesn't carry the toxins that some do. I decided to use your bacon and onion version. I cooked it until it was still slightly pinkish inside. Now I must walk across the street and buy more. :)

Lots of stuff happening over the weekend. I will post my updates on the blog today. There will be one wicked recipe to try. Hint - endive is not only a perfect salad boat. One more good thing - giving up cafeine seems to do wonders to my sleep. My body allowed me to sleep until 10 am. I can't recal this happening in almost a year.

Meanwhile I just want to vent. I am so pissed. It's my liquid food day. I forgot to make broth. I took this damn purging mixture. I want to eaaaaat. Like chew. It's not the hunger it's a craving for solid food. I drank my last kombucha bottle. Tons of tea. I tried biting my coconut water ice cubes. My brain rebels with vengeance. I ate a spoon of ghee. I ate two spoons of raw honey to give my body some energy. I have a disgusting sugar coat in my mouth. Finally I gave up and made marshmallows. If plain jell-O is allowed, I don't see why these are any different. Note - it's just water, gelatine, vanilla and honey. I think I will make a BP tea later if it will emulsify. Fat adaptation is a wonderful thing that really helps to get through this.

Now what really drives me nuts is that this laxative is supposed to work in an hour. It's been 2,5 and nothing is happening. This means I can't go to the first ballet class. Arggghhghgh. I hope that the things will be done moving by my second ballet class.

I have to see this forced home arrest as an opportunity to clean and get chores done. Or finally do my nails. Or draw something on that chalk wall.

Oh Nadia, hard times. My husband had to take a severe laxative before he had a colonoscopy and he was in the bathroom for the whole evening. I am not sure ballet is in your future today :(

Marshmallows sound yummy. I have vanilla beans and raw honey and I love an excuse to eat gelatin.

I hope you make it through the day without going mad.

Ahaha can you imagine? Trying to get rid of leotard and tights running to the bathroom. Not too graceful for sure. But nothing is happening and I am not sure if it's a bad sign or just the way it is.

Marshmallows yes! I used 2/3 honey and they are still too sweet. Well, they are not supposed to be eaten alone plus everything is too sweet after a while on WH. I didn't use my raw honey because when you heat the honey it loses a lot of nutrients. Why wasting it.

http://www.mommypotamus.com/homemade-marshmallow-recipe-gaps-paleo-scd/

Thanks for posting this! I was thinking yesterday about my reaction to chocolate/sugar and how I won't be eating that again any time soon (maybe ever) and that my other fave dessert Lemon Curd is unobtainable due to the eggs. And pretty much every other dessert has some kind of grains or dairy. I suppose there is nut flour but I'd have to soak, dry, grind my own. Anyways I like these because gelatin has healing properties, as well honey (though I'd use cheaper filtered honey too, and maybe start with half). This would give me the same mouth mush feeling I love from milk chocolate and daterolls but these somehow seem better bc less sweet and they don't look addictive either. The perfect treat. This may go on my to-do list today too.

Now, I dont mean to go all mother on your ass (although it is my day), but I was never told I could eat marshmallows or ghee when I was on my pre test fast. Isn't it just sugar free jello? A flavor I cant tolerate so I just poured christal light into my jug of putrid liquid.

I adore the marshmallow stars.

See how desperate I am here cutting spongy stuff :D

Susan, I should steal you picture. I am green from tea. I want to lay down and stop moving. I am removing labels from GT bottles instead. Because I don't like them. I want clear bottles.

I figured that jello = marshmallows in this case. Water plus gelatine plus sweetener. Fat is different, I know. Again I sort of decided that if broth is allowed, then a bit of fat won't hurt. If they tell me that I will have to do this again I will probably kill the doc. No, ghee can't fail me. Ghee is my friend :D

I have a label remover. It's pretty chemical, but works great with caution. Remove the clear film from the bottle, apply goo gone to the paper label and peel off. I printed jar tags as well. Pinterest is crying for me. Boo.

Archived