Other than water...

Plain water or water with some fresh mint leaves thrown in or hot water with a squeeze of lemon.

I also like peppermint tea-it's what I get if I'm out meeting friends. I've never been a coffee drinker-just don't like the taste of it.

Coffee (with coconut milk), unsweet* tea, water w lemon, lime or mint, plain water, chai w coconut milk before it got hot. Mostly the tea and water.''

*I lived in South Carolina for years. You get used to specifying unsweet if you don't want tea flavored syrup.

Great question and awesome answers! I just started my first Whole30 today and I was wondering the same thing. Looks like it will be mostly water for me as I never learned to like coffee or tea (which is fine because caffeine makes me feel yucky).

I am thinking about making some flavored water with fruit and herbs. Anyone have or know of any good recipes?

• 2 weeks later...

@Tina, try:

Sassy Spa Water

1 gallon of water

2 lemons

1 lime

1/2 cucumber

10 mint leaves

thumb size piece of fresh ginger, grated

Let sit in fridge overnight.

-I have also seen (on Pinterest) water with an apple sliced up and cinnamon sticks

-There's always water with sliced up pineapple and strawberries, which I love making for summer get-togethers. :-)

-Here's another site with a ton of ideas: http://preppypinkcrocodile.blogspot.com/2011/07/spa-water-recipes.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

another question about tea...I have Jasmine flavored Green Tea....ingredients: Fine green tea, natural and artificial flavorings. Suspect? and another one Chamomile flavored Green Tea..ingredients is the same: Fine green tea, natural and artificial flavorings.

and an observation...anything vanilla tea....has soy lecithin in it sadly. Vanilla is good in ANYTHING and I obviously can't use my home made vanilla since it is made with vodka. Ah well. Reading labels is very eye opening.

Archived