Kombucha Makers Unite; Where to ask and be answered

kb0426

Argh, having a frustrating day with my booch, I took off the elastic band to have a peek - looks eh, interesting, the top of the scobys have got a little furry so something is happening.

But could I get that rubber back back on?? Agh!! I was terrified I'd top the whole thing over. Is it nevessary that it's tightly covered? Can i just leave the cloth over?

c23abef8c9f711e291de22000a9e023a_6.jpg

I just got ds to help me & now I can't see the scobys, they must have sunk with all the movement. I hope that's ok... :ph34r:

Anyway elastic back on!

I had no band at all and used Victoria's Secret bag handle. So fancy. Just tie it with a ribbon and you are good. 

After several panic attacks that there is a mold, I've learned that unless it's black  BLUE and hairy it's all good. 

kb - my baby just had a baby.  I know you want to grow your own, but if you get too impatient, let me know and I'll be happy to share.

You have grandbaby SCOBY!

I really need to take a picture but today I think I saw SCOBY!  Very thin, but progress!

I had no band at all and used Victoria's Secret bag handle. So fancy. Just tie it with a ribbon and you are good. 

--------------------------------------------------

I have the cord that came out of the hood from one of my sweaters!  Pull it really tight and it does the trick :)

KB, looking forward to a picture of your shy little SCOBY!  SCOBY-obsessed in this house  :wacko:

• Like 1

He does annoy me sometimes but it's hard to look annoyed when you are also giggling and snorting at the same time.

He has the stronger stomach of the two of us and I couldn't understand why he was so grossed out by all the SCOBY action.  He said: "You grew it.  It's your Frankenstein."  Well, I guess I've found a name for my SCOBY at least.

• Like 1