Physibeth's Post-W30 Log

Physibeth

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eat your veggies!  My 10yo isn't eating pork right now because he read Charlotte's Web and decided that pigs are friends not food.  12yo is mad that 10yo can choose not to eat pigs, but he can't choose not to eat vegetables. I told him he can't be morally opposed to sweet potatoes. LOL 

Meal 2 was veggie filled...lots of zucchini noodles and some amazing pasta sauce that I bought. Meal 1 and 3 not so much. I'm going to make another meat quiche this morning. My kale went off with maybe a serving left in the giant bag. Meal 3 wasn't until 9:30 last night and all I could even consider eating at that time was eggs. 

Crazy day yesterday! I subbed the morning WIM class and then went to Sh'Bam because I love Sh'Bam. Practiced the one track in CX that is holding me back from filming. Came home and showered/ate/relaxed. Did about an hour and half of cleaning. Then off to teach a 2nd WIM class. At the end of track 4 (of 11) the speaker that I use for class just died. No real reason. It had been plugged in and should have been charged. There are no power sources in the pool area at this gym so I scrambled while my class ran laps in the pool. Finally decided to just use my headphones with one ear bud in so I could hear the music and taught the rest of the class that way. Insane. They all stayed and worked hard despite no music for them. Super proud of them!

Hubby came home from a long business trip last night. Was weird to have to share the bed again. Glad to have him home though. :)

OK a little crowd sourcing here. :)

I've got canned sweet potato puree and pumpkin puree up the wazoo right now. Any fabulous recipes to use them up? Preferably things that would work as a portable post workout along with my whey protein or instead of. I'm starting to feel the effects of not enough carbs this week and I don't have time for that. ;)

• Moderators

I used to use those to make what I called protein pancakes, very portable and tasty: equal parts canned purée, egg, protein powder and uncooked oats with a healthy dash of pumpkin pie spice. I used the stick blender on the whole lot and fried them in a nonstick skillet. Bet you could do the same without the oats and maybe egg whites rather than whole eggs (save the yolks for mayo) for a pwo snack.

Hmmm...I'll have to look into that. Today I mixed a can of sweet potato puree with a cup of organic applesauce and some spices. Was perfect. Made the sweet potato palatable. I have some steal cut oats still so maybe I'll give them a shot. Something I never bothered reintroducing.

If you put the steel cut oats in some type of "water" (ie coconut or almond milk) overnight, they will soften up but still be a little crunchy (think "overnight oatmeal").  Then you would be able to add the sweet potato/ applesauce.

Or, you might be able to add everything together in a jar in the fridge overnight.  The moisture in the applesauce should lend enough to the oats to soften them.

• Moderators

Im with you, MM. It was a pre W30 concoction I used to rely on back in my bodybuilding days of worshipping at the altar of oats. It worked  as a binder to make the pancakes more like pancakes. I think it might be worth playing with proportions of egg white and puree to make them proper post WO W30 compliant.

LOL Mary! I only consider oats because I have them still (one of the only things I didn't get rid of) and my trainer suggested as an option. Honestly they are probably going to get dumped when I clean my pantry out next.

Regardless...lots of sweet potato and pumpkin for sure...just need to omnomnom it.

Made pork chops and belly dance beet salad for dinner tonight. Yum! After many days of little appetite I've been hungry all day today. Probably all the workouts catching up with me.

My trainer put me through the wringer this morning too. Love getting stronger!

Or just mix it into soup to thicken it up.

Now that I don't eat oatmeal regularily, I don't know what to do with canned pumpkin, either.  I used to eat a ton of it.  Funny how things change.  I also have some steel cut oats that I just keep thinking I'll find a use for.  I hate wasting food.  But, like you, I'll probably dump it when I pack up my kitchen.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey ladies! Just checking in. Been a crazy week. Been doing much better at getting my vegetables in, though not always the best sources they are vegetables all the same. Feeling a bit trimmer. Been doing well at avoiding obvious sugars as well. Yay!

Have done two videos for my CX certification this past week. Both are quite good enough to pass I think but I'm not certain either is the best I can do. Struggling with whether I should video one last time or just submit one of the ones I have and get moving. I just want to get the most helpful feedback I can get. And I'm a perfectionist.

Have taught a lot this week as well. All the parents on the staff are getting their last minute vacations and back to school stuff handled so those of us without kids have been subbing a lot. No complaints as I love what I do and the money doesn't hurt. But I'm pretty tired today and looking forward to having a real rest day on Sunday. Wednesday I had to teach a BODYPUMP class without a microphone which was oh so very fun.  :rolleyes:

I believe I'm going to have to another clean out of my fridge this weekend. I defrosted some meat last week that I still have not used. I don't smell it yet but I'm guessing it isn't good anymore. :( So hard for me to want to cook lots of stuff in the oven when it has been so hot.

Oh and yesterday was cold and dreary in the morning and I was just craving grilled cheese and tomato soup. I scoured the shelves of my co-op for a gluten free bread that didn't have sugar and came up short so no grilled cheese for me. I think this is an indulgence I might let myself have at a restaurant in the next few weeks though. Not had it in well over a year and if chosen wisely I'm sure it will be worth it and special.

I hope you enjoyed your rest day on Sunday, you are always go, go, go with your workouts.  I think if your videos are good enough, you should submit them and move on to other things!

I hate it when I let meat go bad, or really, anything else for that matter.

Hey ladies! Yes I think I'm going to send the 2nd one in. I need to watch it again and take notes before I do but that is the plan. Meant to do it yesterday but ended up at Ikea with husband instead. Getting another unplanned rest day today because I woke up with a sour stomach so I subbed out the class I was supposed to sub. Kind of bummed as I was looking forward to teaching it but though I have not thrown up I've felt like I could. Meh. Eating scrambled eggs as it is gentle and nourishing and won't feel too yucky if it does end up coming up.  :rolleyes:

Got my hair done yesterday. Took a selfie at Ikea while waiting for husband to get a cart.

post-19395-0-23517100-1409685058_thumb.j

Archived