Physibeth's Post-W30 Log

Physibeth

I wasn't sure I would get it mixed well enough separately and I liked that the eggs filled in the gaps that the sausage left. I tried to push it up to the lip but I don't think I spread it evenly enough. Practice. ;) I had the same issues when I used to make my spelt quiche crust post whole food conversion and pre paleo conversion.

Interesting on the sleep. Tonight it isn't going to happen as we are going to a 10:45 movie, but want to get my butt in bed on time Friday night so I can get nice and rested for training.

Went over to the gym this afternoon and moved in the therapy pool for a while doing gentle stretches, sat in the hot tub for a while, slowly and calmly did breaststroke the length of the pool and back, sat in the hot tub a while more, and then did 15 minutes out in the sun on each side with my Paleo magazine. Lovely! Now I'm eating a lovely pork chop (sage and lemon from Slim Palette's cookbook) and some carrots. Was going to make coleslaw but I neglected to spin the cabbage dry after I washed it and it did not shred well. I have a bag of wax beans I should probably have made but they take so  long to prep and I was very hungry.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would never occur to me to wash cabbage!

Well this was nappa cabbage so more lettuce like, but I know I've successfully shredded it before. Knowing what the insides of brussels sprouts look like though I think I'd wash a real cabbage too. ;)

I think your first attempt at meat quiche looks great.  You should have seen the monstrosity that was my first meat quiche.  I really should have taken pictures, I'm still surprised I convinced myself to eat it.  Ha!

Yesterday I got up before 7 and today I got up before 8.  I'll take those as wins, because my weekend sleeping has been slipping into the 9am range.  And as I get up at 5:30 normally, that is way too much of a difference.

Hope you enjoyed your movie!

• Moderators

Yes, it's a bit futzier and really only works out to four servings, but very tasty and provides a slightly different texture to the same basic ingredients. I was quite addicted for a while, but then decided I was eating too much pork overall and switched to an all-egg and veg bake.

I used 7 eggs in mine. I basically added eggs until it was full enough for my liking. :)

Day 1 of CXWORX training is done. I'm so very very sore. And we get to do it again tomorrow. Need a shower badly and some food me thinks.

Bethany I use only yolks and I don't add water. Though I do rinse the yolks and there is prob some water from that.

Wow. Having a fridge full of chopped and washed veggies sounds dreamy, Jen. If only someone would do that for me. ;) I am not organized and my life IS chaos so I can tell you you're right on that front. I'm almost motivated to start chopping and washing right now.

Bethany it sounds like you're finding your way. I think we all get disappointed when we push too far off the track but maybe we need to do that to see how far we can push. Like toddlers.

True that Beets. I'm thinking I might need to do a couple of months of no sugar coming up here soon. Not sure when yet. 

Passed my CXWORX training including the dreaded 5 minute hover. I did most of it on my knees but even that is so so very hard. I might have cried through most of it. So very very sore. Looking forward to a hot shower and bed.

Passed my CXWORX training including the dreaded 5 minute hover. I did most of it on my knees but even that is so so very hard. I might have cried through most of it. So very very sore. Looking forward to a hot shower and bed.

Great job passing! What is CXWORX?

I presumed it was like TRX suspension training, I could be wrong!

Actually it's a 30 minute core workout composed of both isolation and functional training using body weight, plates, and resistance tubes. It is super challenging. This link tells you more and there is a video at the bottom: http://www.lesmills.com/workouts/fitness-classes/cxworx/%C2'>

The training was physically and emotionally exhausting but so very worth it. I learned tons of science about the muscles in the core and the effectiveness of different types of training. Stuff that can translate into the other 2 classes I teach as well which is pretty awesome.

Feeling much better today...mostly just my normal post WIM soreness. Going to work out with my trainer this afternoon and I think practice at least the hover track as it is my achilles heal right now. I'm trying to decide about Sh'Bam. I really want to go but I also don't want to overdo it. Teaching WIM tonight too.

It's been very hot here again. Not really to my liking. Especially when I need to teach on deck next to the pool. Was so hot last night.

Still thinking about how to get the fat loss rolling again. Teaching all 3 of my programs would be much easier with even just 10 less pounds. I know it isn't about the number but at 5'4" and 180ish lbs I know that even with fat loss and muscle gain that number will drop. 

What I think I need to commit to is a no obvious sugar challenge. Meaning I won't worry about things not listed on ingredients and eating out terribly much and I will still do my protein shakes that have stevia, but cut out all the extra sugar I've been ingesting. It has gotten out of control again. I need to reign back in template eating as well. A no vegetable left behind campaign is probably in order. Still my biggest struggle for sure.

Join me in the no obvious sugar challenge!  I have just a few weeks to go, but plan to start over after my trip to CA.  I'm happy and surprised that I've managed this far.  W30 is too stressful to do all the timem, but avoiding sugar but not worrying about it when eating out or as an ingredient is totally doable.  The no vegetable left behind idea is good, too.  I pay too much for my CSA box to leave anything behind!  I just can't do it.  So, we eat it all.  This week will be tough.  My friend got my box last Thursday, but I didn't get it until yesterday when we got home.  So, I have 4 days to eat it all before I get another!  And, it's a busy week with little to no cooking time.  SO, we'll just be eating a ton of raw veggies this week.  I washed and chopped the whole box yesterday, ate a bunch of it with dinner and have a bunch chopped for chicken salad and the rest for snacking.  I'm optimistic we can get through it by Thursday.  Good thing we love veggies!

I'm glad the soreness is getting better.

I have a few popsicles left and it is supposed to be mega hot the rest of the week. I'm going to weigh/measure again on Monday so may start the no obvious sugar challenge then. I think I need to start posting my meals again for accountability.

I invite gentle tough love feedback knowing that my whey protein shakes post workout are really working for me so those are not going away. But please point out to me if it is looks like I'm going over board on other non-Whole30 things. I need someone to call me out. My bank account is a bit frightening right now so hopefully that will scare me off all the eating out I've been doing. 

I need to clean out the fridge today and make an inventory of the vegetables that are still fit for consumption and start trying to catch up. I tried all the pre-prep and that led to throwing away leftovers. Hrmph. 

• Moderators

You could make your own fruit Popsicles and have them with your meals. Blend some berries with coconut water? Watermelon, mint, and coconut water are all very cooling for the body. Just blending watermelon with a little fresh mint and maybe a couple ice cubes would make a very refreshing and cooling treat without the straight up added sugar.

Good luck with your restart+whey+noobvsaddedsugar. Posting really does help me with accountability.

Tough love for the day:

Eat your veggies!

Clean your kitchen!

:)

You rock!

You could make your own fruit Popsicles and have them with your meals. Blend some berries with coconut water? Watermelon, mint, and coconut water are all very cooling for the body. Just blending watermelon with a little fresh mint and maybe a couple ice cubes would make a very refreshing and cooling treat without the straight up added sugar.

Good luck with your restart+whey+noobvsaddedsugar. Posting really does help me with accountability.

Great idea! Those would actually be very nice with post workout food especially the 90+ degree days where I jump around next to an indoor pool days. Last 2 nights the entire back of my skirt was wet again. I was also looking at the banana only ice cream option. 

I'm aiming for my official start of template+whey+noobvsaddedsugar+eatallthedangveggies day to be Monday. This gives me some time to sort some things out. I'm going to start posting food now even when I don't want to.

Yesterdays food falls solidly into the don't want to category. My day completely got away from me. Logging it will help me be accountable though so here goes. Hopefully they don't take away my moderator status for this nonsense.  :rolleyes:

7am - 4 fried eggs, 2 slices bacon (from my heritage pork order...nom!), coffee - was going to eat some leftover coleslaw but it looked so unappetizing when I opened it that I just couldn't do it.

11:10am - Sh'Bam (40 minutes or so) I probably should have skipped this but I just wanted the joy of dancing!

11:55am - Coconut Cream LaraBar

12pm - 1 hour training session with my personal trainer

1:10pm - whey protein shake with L-glutamine powder

1:30pm - practiced the 2 most challenged tracks from my CX release

3:45pm - chicken pad thai (from a restaurant) and a trenta unsweetened black tea lemonade from Starbucks (I got super chatty at the gym and didn't leave until 3 and was meeting a friend so I just stopped for food as I didn't have anything ready to go)

5pm - watermellon agave Popsicle 

7:10pm - taught WaterInMotion (1 hr)

8:15pm - whey protein shake with L-glutamine powder

9:45pm - Lettuce with cheese slices and bacon slices, a handful of cherries, a handful of raisins

10:45pm - just before bed held a 1.5 minute hover on my toes - think I could have gone longer. My goal is 3 minutes so I'm going to start setting the timer for that and just see how close I can get. 

Slept 11:30-7:30 I think. Woke a little before 5 and went right back to bed. I may have been up later than 11:30, not sure.

So yesterday was a rest day for the most part. I had intended on going to the gym to practice CX but that never happened. I did do my before bed hover challenge and made it almost 2 minutes before having to drop to my knees. Getting closer. Was up way too late last night. Think lights out was around 12:30. Slept until 7 and snoozed until 7:10. I was up going to the bathroom a lot last night. Not sure why. Food was much more reasonable yesterday though.

9am - 4 eggs, 2 slices bacon, 1 cup pumpkin tomato soup (recipe from The Paleo Kitchen), black coffee

10:30am - 8oz glass of homebrew kombucha (still tastes on the weak side but fizzier now - need to get this either drunk or bottled and transfer to my new jar that doesn't leak and add some proper tea - I think a mix of green and black)

1pm - 1 medium zucchini spiralized, 1 cup pasta sauce (sugar free but has dairy), ~4oz ground beef, ~1oz of feta cheese, hibiscus mint popsicle

4:30pm - ~1 oz raw cheddar, handful of cherries

6:30pm - community group bbq - I was in charge of bringing the stuff for grilling which I utterly failed at so we gave up on the park after about an hour and a half and went to someones house to grill. Suffice to say the eating was spread out over about 3 hours. Chips (potato ones cooked in coconut oil with sea salt and vinegar & corn tortilla ones), guacamole, salad, roasted sweet potato, 2 brats with homemade mayo and mustard, golden gingered beets, 1 paleo brownie, a small serving of blackberry cobbler, a couple of bites of someone's home smoked beef/chicken.

9:30pm - continued to munch on the dang tortilla chips while I watched So You Think You Can Dance - need to not buy chips anymore...hand to mouth food = not a great choice.

On deck today - teaching BODYPUMP at 1pm and WIM at 7pm. Want to practice CX today too. We'll see how the day progresses.

Archived