Physibeth's Post-W30 Log

Physibeth

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man has it really been a month since I posted in here. Sheesh.

I've been feeling pretty derailed lately. I need to want to cook. I'm getting there. Should receive my Whole30 book today and maybe that will help? Trying to desperately find some better routines. It didn't help that the past month I've taught 8-9 classes a week with everyone being sick or out on spring break plus launch week team teaching. This week just my classes. And preparing to do my Sh'Bam training the first weekend in May. The major complication is that I'm also dealing with some knee/leg pain that started pretty minor but I ignored long enough that now it is disruptive and annoying. Working with my chiropractor and trying to get it better. Another reason why I'm trying to minimize my subbing. Anyway...just thought I'd check in and let you know I'm still alive over here. 

• Moderators

Glad you're still alive and kicking! Sorry about the pain and too much teaching and not wanting to cook. Sounds like they can all be fixed, though. The recipes in the new book look pretty great with lots of back to basics stuff, my favorite kind of cooking. Hope you find your groove in the kitchen. The return of more fresh local veggies with spring always helps.

Thanks ladies. :D Sometimes the people pleaser in me forgets that I need to take care of my body too. ;) And I hate for members to not have a class. Been working on restoring order to my home this week too which should help with the cooking. I totally forgot about the book and didn't check my mail yesterday. Need to snag it when I go out today. I did go in to the gym yesterday to practice Sh'Bam with a friend who is already certified. Just kept my movements smaller and tried to remember not to jump on the bad leg. I get in the moment though and forget. Oops.  :rolleyes: I'm so excited about adding this program to my repertoire. So much fun and joy!

Good Monday morning! My knee is feeling quite a bit better this week. We'll see how BODYPUMP goes this morning especially as the tape started falling off last night and I don't have that to help me today. My apartment ended the week much cleaner and I'm hoping to keep on that momentum. I have a friend keeping me accountable which helps a lot. 

I had my body fat tested at the dunk tank on Saturday which I'd not done in about a year and half (not since I started teaching in fact). I'm glad I did it because it confirmed some things I was pretty sure of. I've only lost about a pound on the scale but I've gone down almost 3% body fat and put on 4 lbs of muscle. This is without really trying that hard and with my eating being less than what I would like it to be. I'm a bit more motivated to spend the next 3 months (that is how frequently they do the test at my gym) focusing on better more consistent sleep and food and seeing if I can get a little more heavy lifting in on my lighter teaching weeks (once my knee is healed of course though I might start with focus on upper body). Wrapping my head around it. :D I have some really measurable strength goals I need to start working on too. Specifically I'd like to be able to do an unassisted pull up, get back to doing pushups on my toes more consistently in class (and tricep pushups), be able to do a 3 minute hover (plank on elbows for non Les Mills people), and a 1.5 minute scissored side hover (side plank on elbow). Need to make some plans and execute them! 

I think I tried that one last time.  I got ahead of it real fast but then fell behind by the end. LOL  I eventually got to 5 min, I think...  I could go back and look.  Nope - highest was 4 min 15 sec straight. 

I decided to start back up with you. 

I did my 20 seconds last night which was surprisingly hard for someone that teaches CXWORX (track 2 is always a hover track and it usually involves at least 1.5 minutes at a time) but I also had a very active day teaching 2 classes and practicing Sh'Bam and doing some cleaning (bathroom day). I'm going to try and stick with it even on the days I'm feeling I could do more and trust someone's process. ;) 

Another big step...veggies at meal 1. I know I know. I've been just eating eggs lately. Back to adding kale this morning. We won't talk about the kid like meal I had after my class last night though.  :rolleyes:

I must be doing it wrong if you did 20 sec and I did 2 min....  You have to be way stronger than I am with all of your teaching. 

LOL...the info graphic says 20 seconds day 1. 2 minutes is day 16.

Something I consistently remind my CX classes is that we all have different bodies and this type of exercise comes harder to some of us than other based on all sorts of things that have nothing to do with how strong we are. I'm going to hazard a guess that I weight at least 20 lbs more than you and we are probably around the same height. Which means I'm holding up 20 lbs more than you on a similar lengthed lever. I also was pretty fatigued already when I did it and my knee injury is making most things harder than they usually are for me. All that said I probably could have gone longer just noticed it felt hard enough. I think once I get in the minute range I'm going to practice going through my cx scripts to distract myself and practice the coaching under duress. 

I LOVE this community fitness we have going on. Planks, yoga and such. I am not a data person and I believe that I could have been getting more #gainz (pardon the bro lingo) should I actually track more diligently. This is a good reminder that numbers are important for the progress. I want to join the plank thing. I know that I can hold it for quite sometime, but I love the methodical approach you take. Take me in, please?  :wub:

Distraction is the key!  Especially when the time gets longer.  I read.  I remember from last year that I could read to distract myself for a couple minutes but by the end of whatever time I was working towards, I couldn't concentrate on anything except not falling down! LOL

Good point about everyone being different.  At yoga, I feel like my flexibility and balance are good but my strength, not so much.  It's something to work on.

Nadia - join us!

I LOVE this community fitness we have going on. Planks, yoga and such. I am not a data person and I believe that I could have been getting more #gainz (pardon the bro lingo) should I actually track more diligently. This is a good reminder that numbers are important for the progress. I want to join the plank thing. I know that I can hold it for quite sometime, but I love the methodical approach you take. Take me in, please?  :wub:

Of course of course!

Once I get into the bigger times I'm concerned about sweating on whatever I'm focusing on to distract myself. Perhaps some plastic wrap will help. ;)

Almost forgot but did my 20 seconds last night. Tonight we move up to 30 seconds. ;)

My sinuses are so angry right now. I'm 99.9% sure it is allergies considering I felt fine until I taught 2 classes with no microphone and then slept with all my windows open because it was warm on Monday. I don't have time to be sick. It probably didn't help that I had a lot of dairy yesterday. Need to cut that out today. I've slept like a baby the last couple of nights which is amazing. Spent a good hour or so yesterday practicing Sh'Bam. So much joy! I need to work on my latin and my upper body isolations though. 

Glad you're sleeping well (jealous!) and bummer about the allergies.  Mine act up when I sleep with open windows, too. 

It's particularly bad here this year because we had an unusually dry/warm winter and spring. I know all you who were snow buried probably want to hit me now...but we are facing some serious drought conditions this summer because we didn't get enough snow in the mountains. 

Need to do some lemon water today I think. Knock the junk out of the back of my throat.

Here is the honest truth about my sleep...I've had way more grain carbs than normal (non-gluten) the last few days and I'm sleeping much more soundly. I hate that I can see that correlation. The question is can I readjust those carbs to vegetable carbs and get the same results. I think I can. I hope I can. I've also not been teaching as much the past two weeks which could also correlate. We shall see. I'm just happy to sleep as last week I was not getting anywhere near enough.

It's particularly bad here this year because we had an unusually dry/warm winter and spring. I know all you who were snow buried probably want to hit me now...but we are facing some serious drought conditions this summer because we didn't get enough snow in the mountains. 

Need to do some lemon water today I think. Knock the junk out of the back of my throat.

Here is the honest truth about my sleep...I've had way more grain carbs than normal (non-gluten) the last few days and I'm sleeping much more soundly. I hate that I can see that correlation. The question is can I readjust those carbs to vegetable carbs and get the same results. I think I can. I hope I can. I've also not been teaching as much the past two weeks which could also correlate. We shall see. I'm just happy to sleep as last week I was not getting anywhere near enough.

We're in the same boat - hardly any snow and drought likely this summer.  Let us know about the transition to veg carbs. 

We're in the same boat - hardly any snow and drought likely this summer.  Let us know about the transition to veg carbs. 

Really? I was under the impression that everything East of the Cascades was buried under snow all winter.  :P

Went to a potluck yesterday and didn't want to be picky so still not the cleanest eating. I bought a bunch of veggies on Monday I just need to cook them up. *sigh*  :rolleyes: I won't be able to put it off too much longer as I need to have food ready to take to my training this weekend.

Nope - MN didn't get much snow this year.  It was a real bummer for the kids.  Nice for commuting to work, though.  It was just super cold, which stinks. 

That's the one part of this I don't like - feeling picky or annoying when eating away from home. 

Are you still doing your CSA?  We decided to skip this year and focus on getting to the farmers market.  Now I just have to do it!

Archived