Physibeth's Post-W30 Log

Physibeth

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh in other news I decided to weight and measure myself today. Finally below 180 at 179.6! That's 2 lbs below where I finished my last W30 and the lowest I've been since I started losing weight again (after gaining back the 80 lbs I had lost pre-wedding). I lost .5 inch off my bicep (I'm starting to notice less and less flap), .5 inch off my narrow waist and "muffin top", and a full inch off my waist at the navel. My thigh and calve measurements were up a little but this might be from all the squats and lunges etc. 

Overall I think avoiding obvious sugars is working well for me. Now to focus on increasing my vegetable intake more. I think I also need to be more focused on hydration. Since I don't sit at a desk all day anymore I notice I don't drink nearly as much water as I used to. I am also trying to buckle down on my 10 pm bedtime. Baby steps!

Wow I had a productive day today! My bff came over and helped me get some major organizing done today. Sometimes just having someone sit down with you and make you do stuff is what is really needed. Tomorrow morning I need to go to Good Will and Half Price books to unload the car. I also cleaned out the fridge again today. Had to throw some veggies away and sadly some meat. :-( Goal this week to keep the organizing/cleaning momentum going and to EAT MY FOOD! ;) 

After two full rest days I was back in the gym furiously Thursday-Today. Will take tomorrow off and then back at it Monday. After taking a week long break from CX I was surprised at how strong I was in class today.

Good morning ladies! Been managing to make forward progress on the cleaning/organizing front and maintaining what has already been cleaned for the most part. Yay! This is despite spending way to much time playing Destiny this week. ;) Sleep has been on the decent side as well with the exception of Monday night (launch party). I'm still staying up rather too late but have not had many early mornings this week so able to sleep in a bit. Food has been alright. Not enough veggies again this week. I made a roast in my crock pot over night that I'm looking forward to having today. Trying to decide between zucchini noodles or salad or green beans. 

Taught my last Thursday night WIM class last night and starting next week will be teaching a BODYPUMP class in the same time slot. It's bittersweet but I'm happy about it. That Thursday night BODYPUMP class is one I attended for several years so it will be fun to teach it. Also having so many cardio classes each week was starting to drain on me. I'll still have my Monday night WIM class and subbing when needed, but hoping to maybe get some short runs in on the weeks I just have my class.

Seattle Lindy Exchange this weekend so the challenge will be getting enough sleep and also trying not to get sick. I have a natural hand sanitizer that I think I'm going to throw in my dance bag this weekend in hopes I can stay away from the plague.

Good afternoon! Had a great weekend. Didn't dance as much as I wanted but I needed some sleep more. :) I still had fun and the bands were good. Got the official word that I passed my assessment video and am now a LES MILLS® certified CXWORX instructor! Pretty happy to have the stress out of the way. Now to start subbing some classes and teaching more. Taught my BODYPUMP class today and it went well even with the new (to me) choreography. I always get more nervous the first time I teach something. 

Need to figure out a meal plan for this week. My eating has been a little all over the place the last few weeks. 

Good morning! Still trucking along over here. Food was a bit all over the place last week as it was a busy week. Yesterday had 3 reasonable, well spaced, meals that fit the template and it was lovely! Also had a well earned rest day yesterday. I skipped the last dance of Camp Balboa Seattle so I could go to bed at a reasonable hour. Still was up too late but much better than it has been. Going to be another busy week but hopefully can stay focused. Teaching 4 BODYPUMP classes this week (yikes!) but only 1 WIM class which hasn't happened in forever. Need to make some progress on the decluttering again this week as I'm supposed to have a Thirty-One party on Saturday night and would like the main living area to not look like a disaster.

Oh and it is massage day. Happy happy joy joy! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well wow I've not checked in for a while. Been busy busy busy! 

Tomorrow is going to be a boat load of fun and crazy...our gym is hosting a Les Mills Super Quarterly. What that means for me is that I'm taking 6 different master classes tomorrow. Yup, 6. Probably isn't going to help that I taught last night and this morning either.  :rolleyes: Planning for lots of good fuel during the day and a dinner out with other instructors in the evening.

To celebrate I did my nails with my program colors and release numbers today. Super fun!

post-19395-0-70289600-1412383420_thumb.j

Awesome girl! I remember when you just going to these classes and were working in the office. You sound like a different happier person. Woot woot. 

I am a much happier person now. It is so refreshing to do a job that makes me feel like I'm making a difference.

Fun nails!

Hope you survived all those classes!

Survived for the most part. I was flat on my back in front of the tv for most of yesterday recovering. ;)

My right shoulder/pec/bicep has been a major source of annoyance for a while now and it did not like SuperQ as much as I did. I did Grit Strength, BODYPUMP, BODYJAM, CXWORX, lunch break, tried to take BODYCOMBAT but my shoulder wasn't having it so I went and saw the Rocktape guy instead, and finished off my day with BODYFLOW. The energy in the room was amazing and the education at lunch went through a lot of Les Mills most current research which includes their new plunge into nutrition which is trying to stay away from any one label but is backing up a lot of what us Whole30ers already believe which is pretty awesome.

After showers and clean clothes about 20-30 of us went out to eat at Earl's. I definitely off roaded. It was delicious. Split an appetizer and a dessert along with my bunless burger entree and had a mocktail. Definitely felt the effects of the meal but it was totally worth it. Back on track with food yesterday and back to the gym today to teach my class for better or for worse. I definitely feel better today than I did yesterday. 

My friend Becky took this photo during the BODYPUMP class I attended. Can you find me? 

post-19395-0-08434000-1412603279_thumb.j

• Moderators

The energy must have been amazing! I went to a couple of regional Les Mills conferences back in the day and participated in classes that looked like that. So fun!

Hope you recover well and that your arm and shoulder quit complaining asap!

Oh, and I think maybe you're in the front row? ;)

Archived