The crazy things people say

Jessica

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

You don't...you just roll your eyes!

I went to see the Turing film with her and as we walked out she announced that he really wasn't made to live in this world...then looked at me and said "like you". I rolled my eyes. I'm used to rolling my eyes!!

LOL, oh my God, you can't eat wheat so you aren't really made to live in this world?  I have no words.  None.  I can't stop rereading what you just wrote there!

• Moderators

My very overweight, very unhealthy, lives on fast food neighbor last night:

I've learned that as long as you take a multi-vitamin, you can eat anything you want including fast food because the vitamin gives your body the means to deal with the toxins. The problems come when you eat the junk and DON"T take a multi-vitamin.

I was dumbfounded.

My very overweight, very unhealthy, lives on fast food neighbor last night:

I've learned that as long as you take a multi-vitamin, you can eat anything you want including fast food because the vitamin gives your body the means to deal with the toxins. The problems come when you eat the junk and DON"T take a multi-vitamin.

I was dumbfounded.

If a tree falls in the forest, does anyone hear.   If a junk food eater takes a multi-vitamin, does the brain convince the body ...brain over all of that matter.   Like a placebo effect.  Interesting, SugarCube. 

My mother told me this afternoon that food allergies are just a fashionable thing to have, like autism

I have aspergers...and a wheat allergy.

...because allergies and autism are so fashionable... And so much fun to live with. Wow. Just wow.

You should be able to have fajitas without most of the toppings depending on the oil they use. A sizzling pan of fajita filling with some avocado if you can stand it is a pretty decent meal. Personally I don't usually do that on a Whole 30 because for me tacos/fajitas/etc. have to have dairy to be complete (sour cream mostly but cheese too). But it would probably be okay for you.

One of my favorite compliant meals out is fajitas with guac and lettuce and tomato.  Fabulous!  (My stepson had worked there, so I had inside knowledge of ingredients.)  

ThyPeace, the ones with shrimp and fresh pineapple are particularly fantastic.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks at the meal on my plate (one palm sized grass fed ground beef burger patty + sliced white onion + compliant Dijon + roasted Brussels sprouts):

How exactly is a burger considered healthy?

Says the vegetarian that ate an enormous tuna flavored mayo sandwich with cheese for lunch.

• Administrators

Looks at the meal on my plate (one palm sized grass fed ground beef burger patty + sliced white onion + compliant Dijon + roasted Brussels sprouts):

How exactly is a burger considered healthy?

Says the vegetarian that ate an enormous tuna flavored mayo sandwich with cheese for lunch.

Uhh....what is "tuna flavoured mayo"?  Please tell me that this is not what I think it is??  :blink:

I particularly loved this one: "Okay, so unprocessed foods... Does that mean you eat everything raw?"

And: "Can you have salads or are you forced to eat everything separately?" (Just.... what?)

Also recently: "So are you still not consuming any carbs?"

And: "Can you have salads or are you forced to eat everything separately?" (Just.... what?)

Ah, yes, the "the food is not allowed to touch" diet. Lose hundreds of pounds on this miracle diet by simply not letting any of your foods touch each other! 

I think my all-time favorite (that I just heard again recently) is "How can you have eggs if you're not eating dairy?" Seriously, the number of people who firmly believe that eggs are dairy ... The latest person to say it to me explained, "Meat is when you eat an animal, and dairy is when you eat something that comes out of an animal. We learned that in school."

I think my all-time favorite (that I just heard again recently) is "How can you have eggs if you're not eating dairy?" Seriously, the number of people who firmly believe that eggs are dairy ... The latest person to say it to me explained, "Meat is when you eat an animal, and dairy is when you eat something that comes out of an animal. We learned that in school."

I recently heard this from my boss, who is Ivy League educated. "How can you eat eggs if you cut out dairy?"  because... "Eggs are in the dairy case!"

I think that the things I've heard have already been said here. Several people have asked "What does that leave for you to eat?" in response to my simplified answer of "I'm not eating sugar, dairy, or grains." My mom also seems to be struggling with what that entails lol I am doing this along with a friend and we had an opportunity to chat with someone about it and she kept saying that it was "like LTL" (which I don't know what that is, I just know it's some sort of diet program) and I didn't get a chance that night to go into detail because we were at a six year old's birthday party. Last night I saw her again and she asked how my "diet" was going and it still wasn't the best of situations to chat about it, but I did get to tell her that I hesitate to call it a diet and more of just that we're eating real food. No counting calories, if we're hungry we eat. It's just that we are sticking to vegetables, fruit, meat, seeds, etc. It's interesting to me how people really want to fit this into a program like that.

Another question: Why are people more concerned about what we eat when we're eating healthy? If I showed up at work in the morning with McDonalds breakfast with a soda, had Taco Bell for lunch with a soda, and then pizza for dinner - complained of a headache the next day - not a single person would mention that maybe its due to the food that I ate the prior day. But if I eat Whole30 and then complain of a headache - people are concerned that I may be missing out on a nutrient or something.

Another question: Why are people more concerned about what we eat when we're eating healthy? If I showed up at work in the morning with McDonalds breakfast with a soda, had Taco Bell for lunch with a soda, and then pizza for dinner - complained of a headache the next day - not a single person would mention that maybe its due to the food that I ate the prior day. But if I eat Whole30 and then complain of a headache - people are concerned that I may be missing out on a nutrient or something.

I think it comes down to what kind of diet people are used to seeing. But it sure is annoying.

I've had something similar happen to me when I explained the program made me feel more energetic and then yawned. People were seriously mocking me at that point. I just let it slide and laughed along (because I knew me yawning was a combination of driving a new car for an hour beforehand and the lack of oxygen in the room). 

I recently heard this from my boss, who is Ivy League educated. "How can you eat eggs if you cut out dairy?"  because... "Eggs are in the dairy case!"

Similarly, I've heard "You say you don't eat dairy, but you're eating mayonnaise".  :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Love this thread!

My husband:  "you're no fun! You never drink anymore!" 

Me: But wine (and other stuff) makes me feel yucky... why would I want to make myself feel yucky?

(Yes, the older I have gotten, the less tolerant I am of alcohol in any form! So, why??? ) Of course, he is a tall, thin ultra runner who can, and does!, eat anything he wants....

Archived