It's a New Day: KB0426's Post-Whole30

kb0426

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Yoga every daaaaay. I am joining your club after my cast is off, I guess yoga will be the only "gentle" exercise I will be able to pull off. Are you doing it in the morning or evening? I can never do stuff in the morning. Moving? No thanks :)

Dancers pose! Nadia likes likes. You do have great alignment for the pose. That's the most weird way to say you look great. :rolleyes:   

Yoga every daaaaay. I am joining your club after my cast is off, I guess yoga will be the only "gentle" exercise I will be able to pull off. Are you doing it in the morning or evening? I can never do stuff in the morning. Moving? No thanks :)

Dancers pose! Nadia likes likes. You do have great alignment for the pose. That's the most weird way to say you look great. :rolleyes:   

Thank you!  :D  I have been going at both 6am and 5:30pm.  A lot depends upon if I have any early morning meetings and whether I can put myself together in time!  Weekends are either 8am or 10am, depending on how much sleep I need!

I would love to say this is gentle exercise, but, dude, I leave sweat marks on my mat!

I can also state, however, that you can pretty much now bounce a quarter of my ass. ;)

That's why I put quotes around gentle :) I know it's a crazy sweaty stuff. It is gentle in a way there is no much jerking and compression of the foot for me. 

I am aaaaall over bouncing quarters. You should offer them a new promo campaign based on this skill after taking their classes. Bhaha

• 5 months later...

Hi :)

I am not doing a whole30. Phew. I said it.

However, it suddenly hit me, okay not so suddenly, that I have made so much progress in yoga, but it is hidden behind my food choices.

It was a long.cold.winter friends. I have gotten lazy. Not activity wise, but cooking. Quick and easy are filling my plate, and all too often it is quick, easy, and processed. Too much processed, too much alcohol and too much sugar is covering up the abs I know I have!

So when I went to the store today, and filled my cart with kale, sweet potato, chicken liver and sardines, I just kept saying "you are not doing a whole30, you are just making better choices." Fear of committing, perhaps. But I also know what happens when I label too much. The stress alone of the label jacks me up.

Selfie alert. Turn away if you don't want to see my excess skin and two belly buttons. Ha! Makes them look every time.post-6147-0-66153800-1400369186_thumb.jppost-6147-0-27778300-1400369206_thumb.jp

Sharing those is my way of saying I am really proud of how I look, but just want my yoga to be able to shine through more.

Off to make dinner. Plantain chips. Mmmmm.

Catch you later!

post-6147-0-83185400-1400369231_thumb.jp

It amazes me how easy it is to jump right back in and make healthier choices, once you actually commit to doing so.  I know, I know, such a common sense statement, but this has been easy.  Mind you, I am only on my 3rd day of not doing a whole30 ;).

See, this is why I am officially not doing a whole30. I had a lunch with a coworker today. I had to make choices people. I made the best choices I could given the menu. I know there was likely sugar and who knows what. However, I made the best choices available. I did not order grilled cheese, or the amazing fish and chips, or or or...

Also made the choice to come home after work and walk Paco instead of going to yoga. It hit 80 degrees for the first time in forever. How could I turn that down?

Otherwise, meh. Must admit that I miss chocolate and red wine. Sigh.

Yesterday was lovely, wasn't it?  It's about time!  Nice to see you back on the boards a bit. 

Work is far more manageable, freeing up some of my time.  Plus, it just felt wrong to me to come on and read about people's whole30 efforts when i was having sour dough toast with peanut butter for breakfast...

I already feel so much better...sleeping better, bloating is going down, and managing to drink more water every day too.

Taking it one meal at a time!

it just felt wrong to me to come on and read about people's whole30 efforts when i was having sour dough toast with peanut butter for breakfast...

:D  Totally get that!  Cinnamon bread with AB and jelly for breakfast is my guilty pleasure when we go the cabin.  Melty nutbutter on toast is so good!

Not doing a whole30 is going great!

It is amazing once you get rid of the sugar and crap how quickly your taste buds change. I am back to craving sardines over sauerkraut with a lovely hibiscus kombucha on the side.

Also, sleep of the dead is BACK.

Life is good!

:)  Sunny holiday weekend didn't hurt, either, I'm sure!  Sea Salt was delicious, btw, though not W30ish at all.  Worth a splurge, though.  It made me crave Stella's, though.  I may make my husband take me there this weekend. :)

:)  Sunny holiday weekend didn't hurt, either, I'm sure!  Sea Salt was delicious, btw, though not W30ish at all.  Worth a splurge, though.  It made me crave Stella's, though.  I may make my husband take me there this weekend. :)

The weather was a.maz.ing.  After that winter from hell, it was so delightful!

I have not been to Stella's in a couple of years!  Heck, I have barely been to uptown in a year!

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Friday!  Just thought I would check in.

My nonperfect notdoingawhole30 is going well!  I am making MUCH better choices overall and feel great!  Sleeping well, except when I am too sore from yoga. I think I have the most sensitive tailbone!  Ab exercises, such as high boat to low boat causes an actual "rug burn" right on my tailbone.  I wake up when I roll over.  Ouch!

Anyways, really happy to be back to a Paleo diet.  I really hate labeling it though.  I tell people, when asked, that I eat a plateful of veggies and fruit with a healthy side of protein at each meal.  That works better for me than if I say "paleo"; that tends to cause 1000 questions of "what about this?"  For some reason, saying veggies, fruits and protein keeps people quiet.

Here is my latest selfie; I am already feeling a lot leaner.  Even though my excess skin will always affect the look of my abdomen, I feel like my muscles are more visible with less fluff around my belly. post-6147-0-35008500-1402079131_thumb.jp

Still keeping my choices really simple; lots of salads made on the fly, eggs, chicken thighs, ground beef, kale, and melon.  I am so hooked on organic cantaloupe.  Yes, a fruit.

Keep on keeping on folks! 

Kel xo

Archived