It's a New Day: KB0426's Post-Whole30

kb0426

She hated it at first. I fed her treats to get her to get in it without me stuffing her in it. Once they are under the seat and asleep, they dont mind the carrier and I think it makes them feel secure. She was all fiesty in the carrier in the airport. I wasn't supposed to but I found a quiet spot and took her out of it. Nobody cared.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope You enjoyed your cinco de mayo party. We had a little bit of festivities here, too.

My older dog loves her carrier. When she sees it she hops right in and gets cozy. Getting my younger dog in is like trying to jam a cat in a bath tub--her arms go straight out and she refuses to move.

And I love my sleep mask! I'm a really light sleeper but the mask saves me. I look forward to putting it on every night.

Sweet pot fries with sriracha mayo: salivation. Ooh. Just realized I can eat that now.

Sweet potato fries with chocolate mole, crema and cojita cheese. When I offroad, I do it big. This dish is my annual tradition. :)

That sounds amazing!

Beets - that visual of a cat going into the bathtub made me laugh. Of course, I won't be laughing when Paco tries that move!

I also love my sleep mask! I have this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Bucky-40-Blinks-Sleep-Mask/dp/B0096MLDK4/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hpc_6

I'm allergic to animals. I don't think I would react to one in it's carrier even under the seat next to me, but if I did, the owner would probably be McNasty and ask to move to get away from my sneezing and sniffling. :D I'm sure you and Paco will be fine. Most people are nice.

You are all very kind and easing my fears! Jen - don't fly to New Mexico on Friday, okay? :D

Breakfast as good today; hot dogs, sauerkraut and dill pickles, with coffee and cm. I had a banana and almond butter waiting as well, but decided I was not in the mood.

Lunch today is chicken breast with HM mayo, leftover sweet potato fries, carrot sticks and olives. I did pack some HM almond butter in case I wanted to dip my fries or my carrots.

Dinner tonight depends on what the heck time I get out of work and then get to the gym and then get home :blink: .

Have a great day!

I didn't get out of work until 5:45 (here come the excuses, right?).

By the time I got to the gym, it would be 6:30, then a good workout puts me at 7:30, then dinner, then bed by 9...So I nixed the gym.

I did, however, still get home at 6:30. I took Paco for a walk because it was warm enough to do so. I am taking advantage of all of these moments after being cooped up! Did I work on strength training? No. I did get out, however, and breath and spend time with my favorite little buddy.

Dinner was easy - leftover scallops and some kale chips. Oh and I had a HB egg before the walk and a banana while I reheated dinner. I know, so shoot me. In the grand scheme of things I ate a banana.

Susan - Paco insisted I take an action shot for Olivia. I am pretty sure he was flexing.

post-6147-0-29860300-1367890973_thumb.jp

Good morning!

I had breakfast out today. I <3 breakfast out. 2 eggs, a piece of wheat toast (!) with butter, bacon and pot-a-toes. Documenting it so later when some strange tumor appears on my face or when I am hungry in an hour, I know what to blame :wacko: .

Olivia flopped down on her fainting couch with the back of her paw on her forehead when she got a load of Paco's biceps. :0)

By the way, for the longest time, I thought Paco was your boyfriend.

Olivia flopped down on her fainting couch with the back of her paw on her forehead when she got a load of Paco's biceps. :0)

By the way, for the longest time, I thought Paco was your boyfriend.

He practically is these days!! not my boyfriend, but definitely my best friend!

Paco is such a poser :wub:

Tumors are sexy, no doubt, but get back to wholekale plantain guac deal, you have a romantic coming up :D

I hear ya little sister! I am immediately snapping back in line :)!

I finished my day strong! Well, kinda sorta ;).

Lunch was out with a friend, and I hit a salad bar up for some romaine, chicken, HB eggs, carrots, raisins, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, oil and vinegar. I was surprised that I was not starving within 2 hours. I knew there was not enough fat but there simply were not enough fat options!

By the time I got home, however, I was getting hangry. I mainlined a HB egg and had a teaspoonsful (yes, teaspoon) of almond butter.

Paco and I took a trip driving around the block with him locked into his carrier. I am fortunate that he does not hate me now. Now he just has to handle 4 hours of that on Friday :( . Poor kid gets carsick and today was no different. Definitely no food Friday before the trip. At least he didn't christen his new carrier, deciding instead to relieve his nausea on the dining room carpet. :wacko: Wow, sorry if that was TMI!

Dinner was ground beef, romaine lettuce "tacos" that also had some mayo slathered on the romaine, as well as plantain chips and guacamole. I still felt unsatisfied, so had more ground beef. Then some strawberries. Then some strawberries with almond butter. Then some dark chocolate. :o Listing it out for accountability. While it sounds like a horrendous binge of some sort, in reality, it was 4 strawberries, about a tablespoon of almond butter, and 2 small squares of dark chocolate. However, it was not anything like a binge that I would have had in the past. There were days when a loaf of bread was not safe around me. White toast (!) with butter was my number one binge food. I am fairly certain that this morning's wheat toast contributed to the empty feeling I had tonight. This is the value behind the documentation I do here.

Time to down some Natural Calm and head to bed. Have a good sleep all!

I don't have much to report today! Eats were all good:

B: 3eggs and ground beef, no veggies (just not in the mood!, coffee with cm

L: out - salad of romaine, spinach, asparagus, HB eggs, bacon, oil and vinegar - meh

Afternoon I needed almonds, and I can honestly say it was a lovely closed handful.

When I got home from work I had a date with almond butter. Not as in a romantic time, but a medjool date pitted and stuffed with a teaspoon of AB.

Oh and dinner! Nadia! I made chicken liver :). and Kale! and sweet potatoes!

:)

G' night!

Kb...let me just mention this. Medjool date stuffed with a Marcana (marcano?) almond with bacon wrapped around it. Broil...scarf...sigh.

You say this like you only make ONE! That sounds absolutely amazing! I don't suppose I can justify it as somehow fitting the template? ;) (Just kidding Tom :P )

Lol. Yeah..definitely for post W30. I actually have only had them at my favorite restaurant here, Tasty & Sons. I am making them for a cocktail party my friend is having next week. I will eat 2. :)

I love them made this way! They are spicy crispy chicken livers from theclothesmakethegirl. They do try to attack me after I put them in the hot oil, however. Some sort of chicken liver rebellion!

• Moderators

I love them made this way! They are spicy crispy chicken livers from theclothesmakethegirl. They do try to attack me after I put them in the hot oil, however. Some sort of chicken liver rebellion!

I made that recipe last week and didn't love them. They attacked me and jumped around, yes, but they just didn't turn out all that tasty. It might be that I'm too much in love with pate to allow for chicken livers any other way. . . .

I made that recipe last week and didn't love them. They attacked me and jumped around, yes, but they just didn't turn out all that tasty. It might be that I'm too much in love with pate to allow for chicken livers any other way. . . .

Wow, KB has serious skills there. I didn't get this recipe right either. Can you believe people that I absolutely hated any kind of liver before WH30? Then I figured out that my Mom just doesn't know how to cook it. That's right.

• Moderators

Can you believe people that I absolutely hated any kind of liver before WH30? Then I figured out that my Mom just doesn't know how to cook it. That's right.

This may be the greatest Whole30 Success Story yet!

Bare with me (bear with me?) while I have a moment. A very very good moment.

I was trying on dresses to decide what to take on vacation with me. There are some new ones that I love; nothing TOO sexy and actually very June Cleaver. I am in a retro period. TIght waists, heaving bosom (really a B cup can be heaving) and big skirts. I love them and feel very feminine in them.

Then I spotted a dress I had purchased last summer. One that, while it fit, "if I could just lose 10 pounds" I would look fabulous in. It still had the tags hanging on it. It IS a sexy dress. Bright orange, strapless down to there and short up to there. I recall many fretful nights last year where I would put it on, suck it in, and decide I was just not good enough.

As I slid that dress on I figured "what the hell have I got to lose". I put that dress on and just stared at my reflection. It turned this way, then that way, and could find nothing other than WOW. That was very very good moment #1.

Very very good moment #2 was realizing that my weight is pretty much the same as it was last summer. I couldn't remember exactly.* Last summer, however, alcohol, grains, legumes, dairy and sugar were in the dress with me. Not so this time around!

*Very very good moment #3 was realizing that I could not remember what my weight was last year. Ask me about any period of my life and I can tell you how much I weighed. Now I just don't give a sh*t.

My shape has changed. For the first time in a long time, I am appreciating curves. I am now hourglass, where I was once a brick :). And a brick that was on a rapid transition at one time to being an apple.

It was a series of very very good moments that I wanted to come here and capture just in case I ever need a reminder. A reminder of why a glass of wine once in a while is better than 2 glasses every night. A reminder about why I no longer eat waffles or english muffins with PB for breakfast anymore. A reminder why I adore sauerkraut, kale, and my beloved plantains. A reminder that a diet rich in healthy fats is a very very good thing.

Nadia - thank you for reminding me Tuesday to get back to my kale and plantains. It was a very very good thing indeed.

It starts with food people. But that is just the beginning :) .

Archived