It's a New Day: KB0426's Post-Whole30

kb0426

Very excellent post. So many good discoveries.

Most of all I am so pleased to know a B cup can be heaving. :D

I can also recount my weight over the years and hope to someday forget it. Worst was when I was getting smaller and more fit but my weight wouldn't budge and I was constantly thinking how huge I was, but I wasn't and oh! time was wasted on these thoughts.

And these stuffed dates, people! Omg they all sound amazing.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woot! How fabulous. And gives me hope. Yay you.

I have to admit LadyM that I thought of you when I was trying on clothes last night. To quote a very smart lady, I think I went "all pollyanna on your ass" in your log. ;) Like I said, I totally get the desire to fit into your clothes. Last night made me realize I was probably too hard on you! There is some joy in being able to feel that zipper go up without hesitation, and to not have to buy a bigger size to make it happen.

I think that is the beauty of this forum; it is to be able to see ourselves in each other's experiences, and then realize how hard we are on ourselves sometimes.

I am not making sense this morning :wacko: . What I am trying to say is, when I see someone else reacting the same way I react to things, I want to swoop in and rescue. Yet, there are times when I can't do the same for myself.

• Moderators

I have to admit LadyM that I thought of you when I was trying on clothes last night. To quote a very smart lady, I think I went "all pollyanna on your ass" in your log. ;) Like I said, I totally get the desire to fit into your clothes. Last night made me realize I was probably too hard on you! There is some joy in being able to feel that zipper go up without hesitation, and to not have to buy a bigger size to make it happen.

I think that is the beauty of this forum; it is to be able to see ourselves in each other's experiences, and then realize how hard we are on ourselves sometimes.

I am not making sense this morning :wacko: . What I am trying to say is, when I see someone else reacting the same way I react to things, I want to swoop in and rescue. Yet, there are times when I can't do the same for myself.

You are making total sense this morning.:)

I read this post last night and went to bed with a giant smile. I bet you too. Orange dress...perfect color for a sunny vacations.

I am so glad you took my kale comment right. I was a bit worried that I will sound like a FP which was never my intent.

Hi KB, I've been MIA from the boards for a while, but have been getting your posts by email and I'm always uplifted to "hear from you". I'm still plodding along with my post paleo eating but am feeling very inspired that I'm now wearing clothes that actually fit me! I've dropped 4 dress sizes since October, but I still have a way to go.

I'm the same as the others and would love to see a photo of you! :) Enjoy your trip!

At the rate I am eating, who knows if the dress will fit still!

Just kidding ;) but I am enjoying off roading! Even better is enjoying fresh air, sunshine and long walks by the Rio Grande. It is beautiful here!

Lots of lovely Vitamin D production going on here!

Phone service SUCKS here. Darn :)

Well hello!

I took full advantage of crappy phone service to relax and unwind. I did check on here occasionally, but when you are eating a piece of sourdough toast, it seems a bit heretical don't ya think?

Before I get to the food discussion, I do want to share that my little Paco was the ideal travel partner. He did remarkably well for his first trip! Poor guy did have a bit of motion sickness before we even boarded, due to the car ride and then being stuck inside his carrier and jostled about while he queued up for security. Once on board, he did do a bit of scratching in his carrier as if to say "let me the eff out of here" but once we were at cruising altitude he settled down and went right to sleep. The best compliment I got was "I didn't even know there was a dog in there!" from the woman sitting across from me. Which makes me think she probably thought I was just a lunatic who liked to talk to her carry-on bag? He did even better on the way home. For the record Albuquerque Airport is dog friendly and you can actually have them on their leash in the airport. He was amazingly well behaved. Yes, I am a proud mama!

Now, as for my food off-roading, I am not one to eat fast food, drink soda, or the like. I do, however, like GOOD food and plenty of it.

Every morning I made sourdough toast smeared with avocado and a delicious fried egg that we had picked out of the chicken coop the night before. The BF lives on a ranch :). Now I want my own chickens but I think my townhome association may have an issue with that! :huh:

We had a few meals out and I just could not go to New Mexico without indulging in chips, salsa and guacamole. I also had chile relleno, fish tacos, and a green chile cheeseburger (minus the brioche bun on that one to seem virtuous) as well as local beer and a margarita (or two :ph34r: ). We went to a friend's for dinner a couple of nights and had homemade red chile enchiladas one night (where even the corn tortillas we homemade) and then another night we had homemade green chile black bean enchiladas with homemade flour tortillas. For the record, I am not someone that is typically affected by my offroading, but the red chile sauce kicked my ASS and I had heart burn, and let's just say that the black beans made me rather musical :lol: . I was able to provide a blueberry blackberry crisp on the red chile enchilada night and damn was it good. I cooked dinner for our friend a couple of nights and one night made my favorite fish tacos for him with a dessert of a skillet chocolate chip cookie pie with vanilla ice cream. That dessert was way too sugar heavy and rich! But, it did not stop us and we ate leftover cookie for days after. The dragon was out and unleashed! I also made a very simple dinner of chicken thighs, asparagus and potato with homemade strawberry shortcake. The boyfriend and I shared lots of homemade cole slaw (since I had purchased the cabbage for the fish tacos) as well as salads with our meals. All of this was a series of choices and I don't regret any of them!

I arrived home to a pretty empty refrigerator last night, and had scrambled eggs for dinner. When I spotted the buttermilk in the refrigerator, I knew that today's breakfast would be a final offroad, and I made bacon and buttermilk pancakes for breakfast. Go big or go home.

The refrigerator is now restocked, and I am headed into the kitchen shortly. I bought some chicken liver and plan on making fenderbender's chopped liver and am having fish tacos for dinner. The taco this time is a lettuce leaf, however. I need to whip up some mayo - man did I miss that stuff! Eggs are getting hard boiled, and I will NOT make myself a cocktail tonight!

I am not whole30 right now, so I did make one significant offroad purchase at the store today; a loaf of sourdough bread. I will have to see how I do having that around. I am considering joining Derval on a June 1 whole30. I need to have some good goals before starting another whole30; if I don't have them lined up by then, I am not starting. We shall see.

I wish I could say it is good to be home; part of my heart remains in New Mexico with the BF. It is good to be back to clean eating, however.

I am going to start making homemade kombucha here very soon! For all of you booch makers - do I HAVE to have filtered water or can I just boil and cool my tap water?

I missed you guys and look forward to catching up on posts later!

Dinner ended up being more of a deconstructed fish taco. Coleslaw on the bottom (no dressing), the fish (marinated in olive oil, salt, lime and cilantro then cooked in a pan until done) topped with avocado salsa. Plantain chips on the side - oh how I missed you! I did make some plantains last week, but the fry-squish-fry method, then drizzle with butter and garlic. The BF raved!

By the way, I forgot to mention - I never wore the orange dress! We just never had an occasion that seemed appropriate, you know? So, I am attaching this self portrait from last week. Please ignore the bra straps!

post-6147-0-47492100-1369008417_thumb.jp

Yes, I promise.

I have decided that I need to say "yes" a lot more this summer...even if it means putting myself outside my comfort zone. With the BF being gone, I have turned down evenings out - not as someone asking me out on a date, just an evening with friends. I hate being the odd-person out. I need to change that and get out of the house more.

So, yes, I will wear the orange dress, with the appropriate bra :).

Oh my...you MUST invent an occasion to wear that dress.

Olivia is very proud of Paco. :) She had the very same experience as he did. She was a seasoned traveler by the trip home. She was even flirting with other travelers on our layover in Sacramento.

I feel like I have not had anything to share for a few days! I am so busy getting unburied from vacation, on top of things already being busy at work! A stressful time to be sure, and one where I need to make sure I am taking care of myself.

Taking care of myself means that after I have a dinner of ground beef and kale, I should probably not lick the bowl from homemade frosting ;). Note to self on that one!

I also need to make sure I don't eat so many nuts, which just might result in bloating and being awakened at 3:30 am by an urgent need to, ah, eliminate two days worth of nuts. :ph34r:

Other than that, food has been food. Nothing exciting.

Planning to begin Kombuchafest 2014 this weekend!

sounds like you had an amazing vacation!! and the dress looks fantastic!!!!

had to share I got some salsa the other day with no chips...until I remembered I had plantain chips here. I remembered your post about plantain chips and salsa. they were AMAZING!

Hmmm...After a month of riding my own bike, I may need another whole30...correction, I know I need another whole30 but am not ready to commit. I need the energy of it to combat the work stress in my life right now. I need the black and whiteness of it so that choices are not laid before me.

I threw the sourdough bread out tonight. It is such a binge trigger. I ate toast and butter for dinner, and then saw the writing on the wall and I threw it out. I call that success in some small way. I know what caused the issue and it was WAY to much sugar this afternoon.

Note to self: You need to start taking care of yourself again before it gets out of control. You are awesome, love me. xoxo

Archived