Derval's W30 #5

Derval

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howdy folks, now let's get back to ME ME ME :P:lol:

7am - 2 boiled eggs with bacon soldiers, half a banana, cm coffee

10.30am - felt a bit headachey so had some macadmias & raisins before yoga at 11 . Still have the heachache now at 6pm :(

12.30 - leftovers from last night - kofta curry & cauli rice

3pm - trying out 2 recent makes together - beef jerky dipped in aioli - yummo

5.45pm - sweet potato wedges, coleslaw, green chicken

8914c1d86a3811e285f622000a1f8e95_6.jpg24c3ca686a3c11e2b55122000a1f9be7_6.jpg

Early night for me, try sleep off this headache.

I just used a bit of paprika, we don't get fancy schmancy stuff like that over here (begorra)

p.s aswell as the ehadche I've just noticed that the skin on the inside of my lower lip is all rough & puckered feeling, as if it was going to peel, what's that about, anyone give me an internet diagnosis?

The mouth thing happens to me when I have a bit of a fever or cold or too much dry heat in the winter. I think I will use paprika. I have a hot and a smoked. I am a nut for spices. Penzeys is on the other side of the city and I am in no mood for the drive.

Day 24

and CD1 and I am cranky cranky. Not a greta eating day, lots of over enthusiastic, unnecessary snacking :ph34r:

7am - 2 boiled egg, 2 chicken shawarma mini fillets, spoon of mayo, cm coffee, half a banana

8.15am - Gym

10.30am - cm coffee and pecan pie Nak'd bar (like lara bar). In bed, watching BL, how decadent!

12.30pm - leftover from last nights dinner, last of shawarma chiken & some aoili.

b796e4286ad811e282b422000a1f9ab7_6.jpg

3pm - and the crankiness begins, strangely coinciding with collecting children from school :ph34r: Had half a banana, 6 macadamias, cm coffee

4.30pm - beef jerky & aioli.

6pm - Braised Apple Stuffed Pork with root veg (incl the HUGE carrot!)

Bit of a faffy recipe, next time I will not bother stuffing the pork and just add some apple wedges in with the veg. Speaking of veg my dd does not like carrots, but loves brussels sprouts, odd eh? But the pork was nice & moist & it's a pretty cheap recipe, apart from the sprouts (which are a pita to prep anyway!)

5f51e5066add11e2b10722000a1f98d4_6.jpg814bbd986b0611e2ab5722000a9e0907_6.jpg

Maybe you've already posted it somewhere, but I'd love to have your chicken schwarma recipe...

I'm impressed you made it to the gym when you are feeling so blechky. Hope the crud passes quickly.

Some of the lure of the gym is their showers and blowdriers are better than mine at home :D And I wanted to have 4 straight weeks of my programme with no missed workouts to tie-in with my W30. Got period today so I really will have to drag myself there on Friday!

The shawarma isn't authentic (asfaik, having never had it or even heard of it until recently) but I made up this spice mix Buttoni posted (remember her?, nice lady) and I use it a lot - it's great mixed in with mayo, or sprinkled on top of hb eggs & mayo. Or this time I coated my chicken in oil & the spices before baking.

hi Derval....just popping by to say hey! So, good for you with the gym. I pay 70.00 a month and hardly go. It's a really beautiful gym, just have to motivate myself to drive there after a long day of work instead of straight home. Once there, I am golden. Good motivation so glad I stopped by.....food looks great too!

Day something or other

I know next Tuesday is my last day...

7am - 2 boiled eggs, 2 slices serrano ham, half a banana, cm coffee

I have fallen back into my old bad habit of no veg breakfast this last week...hmmmm

10.30am - cm coffee

12.30pm - leftovers from last nights dinner, the pork was even nicer today. There was extra veg left in the pot so I threw in some extra chicken stock from freezer & whizzed it up into a tasty soup :) How frugal!

3pm - my lovely paleo fairy godmother gave me a jar of coconut butter :wub: so I rushed home from school and had swmpo.....yes in front of the children!!

think_of_the_children.jpg

a banana fried in ghee with coconut butter, hubba hubba baby.

a6edf6706bb911e28fba22000a1fb1a7_6.jpg

5.45pm - bolegnase & zoodles

740062f66bce11e2b4e822000a9f130c_6.jpg

Have bookclub tonight, so tea/fizzy water & carrot sticks for me :angry: I found out I won't be the only one not drinking tonight so that's something.

I can't believe I have missed so much chatter..... But don't worry, I'm all caught up now. Still laughing at the pecan butter. I had tears rolling down my face!

I'm longing for a sous vide. It's in line after my new food processor, my dishwasher, and possibly a vitamix. Mostly I want a sous vide machine because I work very long hours and I need quick and easy when I get home. Plus I hear they are really fantastic.

I took the plunge, I set up a Pinterest account. I followed all your stuff derval:)

And I just bought a whole pork loin and I was going to make it for dinner, but I think I'll wait till the weekend and use your pork roast recipe above. Sounds delicious!

Glad you are doing well and you are almost done with your whole 30! Woot!

3pm - my lovely paleo fairy godmother gave me a jar of coconut butter :wub: so I rushed home from school and had swmpo.....yes in front of the children!!

a banana fried in ghee with coconut butter, hubba hubba baby.

a6edf6706bb911e28fba22000a1fb1a7_6.jpg

Derval, we need to talk about why you aren't delivering this badass food across the pond. Seriously.

Archived