Planning to start September 1. Are you?

KimberlyA1105

Hi! Im Kim.  Im 42 and a single mom of a 7 year old boy and im around 230 lbs. Ive been reading the book and now im putting it out there. Im planning to start on September 1st. I have a feeling this might help a lot of areas in my life. Heres to new beginnings! Good luck on your journey!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Kim! My name is Kristin, I’m starting on September 2! I’m 34 and have a 12 month old son. I’m hoping to get my eating/exercise habits back on track after they have been completely destroyed by pregnancy/postpartum. Good luck! I’ll be happy to stay in touch and chat throughout our program if you would like.

Hi there! I am also planning on starting September 1st. I've been reading thebooks and I'm getting excited, but I'm nervous as well! I'm kind of a picky eater (especially when it comes to vegetables), so I'm hoping that I can keep myself from getting bored. I would love to keep in touch throughout our 30 days to offer support and maybe some recipes and such :) Good luck!

Hi.  I really want to start on September 1. I did my first Whole30 a few years ago and loved it. I stayed generally Paleo after that for about 18 months. Since then I can't seem to get back on track. I'm in my mid 40's and gaining weight, my joints feel awful and I'm not sleeping. But I start a round and can't stay in it. Frankly it's stress that gets me off - I have a bad day at work or with the kids and I want a drink and then it's just downhill. I need some accountability and partnership. My husband won't eat whole 30 with me and that makes it hard. Maybe joining a group like this would help. I just need someone to encourage me to stay on track even when it's a bad day. I know the benefits I know I'll feel better. I just can't seem to do it alone. 

Our family will be starting on 8/30 (due to travel in late Sep).  This will be our first round.  I am 55, my husband is 59 and my daughter is 16.  We all have things to "fix" and have been talking about doing a W30 for months, but the catalyst to finally start is my daughter who is having numerous issues with her gut, anxiety, and now low iron.   Hoping we can all detox and get back on a healthier track.  

Hi all!

Put me on the list for a September Whole30.  Nice to meet you all and welcome to the newbies!  I am 57 yo and this will be my second Whole30.  I did my first one over the summer of 2018 and was so pleased with the initial results--lost 9 lbs in 30 days and felt GREAT--that I stayed on it for a total of 3 months.  Lost 15 lbs in total and really felt like "this is the way I want to live my life."  Slept better, looked better, more energy, less of the constant hungries monster on my back.  Then, I went on vacation :)  Suddenly, all those things--sugar particularly--that I had gotten out of my system and sworn off of forever more, didn't seem so powerful.  But, they were/are.  I have gained back those 15 lbs and often feel tired and lackluster.  I have been talking about doing a 2nd Whole30 for the past 3 months so September will be a good stake in the ground.  Good luck to all!  Noreen    

Hi, 

I'm not new to the Whole30, I go back to it (in shorter bursts) to keep my food freedom in check, but I have seen a major increase in autoimmune flair ups this summer and a doctor has suggested I try doing the AIP (which is similar to Whole30, plus a few more eliminations) along with being very on top of reducing stress. I have started and stopped this a few times, but realize it does seem to help when I'm on it. I really need to work on the stress part, too. So, I will piggyback on this big September Whole30 as motivation to keep going on days I just want to be lazy (because for me, that's what it is) and eat something more convenient. This is to say, I will follow the W30 rules with a few other eliminations per doctor suggestion. 

To those who are doing their first W30, I'm excited to witness your journey. I hope we all post regularly during September! The Whole30 really changed my life, in a profound way. I don't doubt you'll get something meaningful from this experience as well. 

I'll be doing my 3rd Whole30 starting in Sept.  My 1st one went great, but was allot of work, of course.  My 2nd was just a struggle since I wasn't mentally and emotionally into it.  This time I'm all in!  I've been prepping and re-reading over the last week.  I have recipes lined up and ingredients purchased.  Excited for this round!

Hi everyone, I'm going to start September 2nd as well.  I did a halfhearted whole30 in June (so, didn't technically complete one, since Whole30 is pretty black and white), and I want to go all the way this time and stick with it. Dehh, my path is similar to yours!  I did one complete round last year after my doctor recommended it, and it was a really good experience.  I didn't reintroduce properly, though, and looking back, I wish I'd stuck with the whole process, and kept it going for a little longer, as it took my body a while to really adjust to the changes.  I have a habit of making health changes, but not really committing to them.  That's my theme, apparently ;)  I'd like to follow through more and I think some group accountability is what I need!

I'm 34, about 30 pounds overweight, but relatively active with yoga and jogging a few times a week.  I'd like to lose some weight and feel more excited by my body and what it can do.  Looking forward to feeling more connected.

Good luck everyone!

On 8/27/2019 at 5:14 AM, Shcro0831 said:

Hi.  I really want to start on September 1. I did my first Whole30 a few years ago and loved it. I stayed generally Paleo after that for about 18 months. Since then I can't seem to get back on track. I'm in my mid 40's and gaining weight, my joints feel awful and I'm not sleeping. But I start a round and can't stay in it. Frankly it's stress that gets me off - I have a bad day at work or with the kids and I want a drink and then it's just downhill. I need some accountability and partnership. My husband won't eat whole 30 with me and that makes it hard. Maybe joining a group like this would help. I just need someone to encourage me to stay on track even when it's a bad day. I know the benefits I know I'll feel better. I just can't seem to do it alone. 

Hi Shcro0831, 

I know how you feel! It’s hard to stick with a program like Whole30 when you’re the only one in the house doing it. If you cook food for both of you, I would try to stick to recipes most people like and make easy adaptations to yourself. “Meat and potatoes” types of meals can be made Whole30 compliant without him noticing. Or try recipes that can be easily adapted for just your serving - spaghetti (with zoodles or other veggie noodles for your bowl and regular pasta for his), burgers (bun for him, lettuce wrap for you), chicken and rice (sub cauliflower rice for yourself). 

It also sounds like you would benefit from having a Whole30 coach - you can find a coach here https://coach.whole30.com/find-coach/

Good luck - you can do this!

I'm starting on the 1st, even though I know the official "September Whole30" starts on the 2nd.  I am a weirdo and want to feel like I completed 30 days in September.  LOL  I don't think a day will make too much of a difference with relevance to community support and it will give me one less day to try to talk myself out of it.  :) 

I am 50, married and mom to two teenagers.   

My husband is a super fitness buff who is extremely focused on nutrition and my older son is away at college.. so the only person who will have issues with the Whole30 is my 16 year old.. he is (as you might expect) addicted to all manner of crap food.  I have been warning him that we're doing a clean sweep on Friday and meal prep on Saturday.. but I don't think he fully grasps it even though we've done Whole30 before!   

Good luck everyone!  

Hi there! I'm doing my first round of Whole 30 starting on Sept. 2nd too. I'm 33 years old and 200 pounds. This is the heaviest I've ever been, but I'm not doing this for the weight loss (but of course that'd be nice too). I've noticed food affecting me a lot more this year than in year's past, including swelling, more headaches, less sleep, etc. I'm excited to see how I feel after the first horrible sugar crash is over with. I'm going to keep a food sensitivity journal to see how I feel each day. I'm excited to have you guys to keep me on track! 

Jess

Im new to whole30 and on day 10, single mom to a 7 year old girl. Im very overweight, and sick to boot, I started because my food choices were becoming limited due to gallbladder issues that multiple doctors couldnt explain. My daughter is compliant at home, but school lunch kind of ruins staying on plan. I did notice that when her dad took her out to McD's after two fully compliant days, that she crashed from all the carbs and sugar, and he got scared. which shows me that this program really does work. Good luck on starting your whole30! keep in touch, makes it easier to get through these changes.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Fiona Blank said:

Yes! I did W30 last year and it was amazingly effective, so planning a reboot starting in Sep.

I remember last time getting daily emails with themes and tips - does anyone know how to sign up for those again? Thanks. 

Daily emails are not available anymore, but there is the Whole30 Day by Day book which has similar tips and space for you to journal about each day, if that's something you'd be interested in.

Hi!

I'm Katie, and I'm about to start my 4th whole30 on September 2nd. I start the 2nd because we are having a birthday party for my younger daughter on the 1st and I'm baking her cake :) I have 4 kids, ages 7, 4 (almost 5), 2 (but she'll be 3 in a few days), and almost 7 months. I always feel flipping amazing on the whole30, really from day 1. It's a wonder I ever stop! Except it's not because we all live in a world where sourdough bread exists, sigh.

Looking forward to doing this with everyone!

I’m David. I’m 59, American, and currently living in Nelson, New Zealand. I’m doing my first Whole30 beginning tomorrow—September 1st. For those of you the U.S., that will be August 31st. 

You might not know, by looking at me, that I have much weight to lose but it’s all around my middle and I hide it pretty well. ;-)  For me, this is less about losing weight, and more about improving my health. Although, with summer fast approaching, I’d love to look better in a bathing suit! 

I would love to connect with others who are starting in September and I hope we can support one another! 

07BEDA4B-86CE-4183-AF50-13F8A4E11BFA.jpeg

Hi! I'm starting my 2nd whole30 on Sept 2! I'm 41 and a mom to a 1 yr old. I've managed to get off all the baby weight, but have been noticing my sugar dragon really getting out of control. I'm hoping this round will help get that under control, as well as fix my aching legs/joints and sleep issues!! I'm trying to get my husband on board as well. He recently got blood work done and his triglycerides and HDL are not good - I'm hoping that's enough push to get him thinking about his health!

Can't wait to be active here and meet the community! 

-Heather

Hi all! It’s great to see so many who are starting at or around the same time; I start my W30 tomorrow. Just a thought: if any of you would be interested in teaming up for accountability— I’d really love some ladies to call on when the going gets tough and would love to lend an ear as needed. I have 4.5 years of sobriety from alcohol (primarily) and have gotten through many highs and lows during this time  with the help of personal accountability friends and a sponsor. There is something to this practice and it helps sometimes when nothing else does. I don’t know if this is allowed (if not perhaps the moderator can let me know) but if it is and you’re interested please email me at  . As a woman, I am seeking only female accountability, please :)

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Amada Grace said:

Hi all! It’s great to see so many who are starting at or around the same time; I start my W30 tomorrow. Just a thought: if any of you would be interested in teaming up for accountability— I’d really love some ladies to call on when the going gets tough and would love to lend an ear as needed. I have 4.5 years of sobriety from alcohol (primarily) and have gotten through many highs and lows during this time  with the help of personal accountability friends and a sponsor. There is something to this practice and it helps sometimes when nothing else does. I don’t know if this is allowed (if not perhaps the moderator can let me know) but if it is and you’re interested please email me at  . As a woman, I am seeking only female accountability, please :)

I attempted to just remove the email address, and it did something weird to the formatting. In general, it's not a great idea to put your email out on a public forum. I would suggest if you want to exchange email addresses, that you private message the person you want to contact here on the forum by clicking their name/profile picture, which will take you to their profile page. Click on the Message button to send them a message.

I started my 3rd round of Whole30 today!! It has been too long since my last re-set and I have slow-rolled back into my horrible eating habits. It hasn't been a straight line for me with the W30 and my health, I can't seem to stay on the program long after the 30 days and I always slip back into my old habits. Trying to re-think this time as the first time again. It has been a struggle since I work overnights so my eating schedule is not ideal. I am trying to stay positive this time and really keep track of my NSV and gain control of my life & eating habits for good!

Threw out most of the tempting stuff from my pantry last night and re-filled my fridge with meat and veg. I have been going through my W30 cookbooks for the last two days making notes and planning my grocery list. With this diet failure to plan is planning to fail!

Good luck everybody-- I am raising a cup of herbal tea to you all  :)

Hi There

This is my second attempt this year.  I have completed two in the past.  My son is doing the Keto and lost 50 lbs and has motivated me get started.  He is willing to do the whole 30 with me, and with my daughter at college I can keep and whole 30 compliant house!   I am 55, have about 20 lb to lose (any would be good). I am going through menopause and nothing else has worked.  I have a bunch of minor issues  including high blood pressure and high cholesterol.    I am due to get my blood work done in the next week or two so it will be interesting to see where I am.  Mostly I want to feel better.  This is the first year I have felt pain.    I look forward to all the encouragement.  Carol

Archived