percypat's post whole 30 - let's doooooooo it!

percypat

Do you have mason jars?  That's what I used when I ran out of store booch bottles last time I bottled.  I have tons of them from all the syrup and jam making.  Plus the pretty blue ones I had to buy. :)

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hee hee, I'm back!  Busy few days with uni stuff, and glued to the telly every evening watching Le Tour.  They're going to Lyon today!  That's where hubby and I lived for a year!  Dying to go back, looking forward to seeing them ride into the city.

Waiting for my "advisory panel" to get back to me with any further changes I need to make to my proposal, then I can go ahead and submit.  Thank goodness I'm nearly there.  Just want to get back to reading!

Foodwise, still trucking along as per.  MASSIVE victory to report.  I bought more date and coconut rolls yesterday, gave myself a limit and STUCK TO IT.  This is monumental guys :D

Ooh, and Nadia, Frank is actually on holiday at the moment!  He's sitting in his little SCOBY hotel turning into a chubster.  Hubby is going to help me with some green and white tasting today and then we'll decide which to put in the big brewing jar.  We're retiring from black tea.  White and green so much nicer.

Lovely news! Well done on thesis and daterolls. I can't be near this stuff for now.

My surviving scoby meeds to pick up a pace, I am out of booch. Lady M said that cherry/plum/basil is best. Dying to try. Radishes - 430 F (220 C). I cut them into halves/quarters, coat with coconut oil and/or coconut amigos. Roasted for 15 min, mived them around a bit and roasted some more. You can use lemon and garlic and herbs and balsamic and honey and whatever to coat them. Good luck. I bought a weird looking squash. No clue what is it going to be like - it's like a giant courgetter.

I'll cook them tomorrow - might do lemon, basil and olive oil and see how that turns out.

Good luck with your weird squash!

Good day today, hubby went and got a bloody great pizza (he hasn't had pizza since November and decided he just had to have some).  I had two bites and then sat down and ate my mushroom omelette and red cabbage.  *shining my halo*

Made lotus root chips again, they are so good!  Hubby adores them and declares them better than kale chips.  They are so hollow that each chip is actually much smaller than it looks, which is kind of cool.  If anyone wants a recipe, I just put it on my blog :)

http://pricklesandeats.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/lotus-root-chips.html

IMG_20130713_190507_zps2e3b2238.jpg

Edit: added photo :)

Sounds like you are doing awesome Sophie! I'm getting concerned that I bought black tea for my booch now. I'll give it a shot (eventually) but have a feeling when it is out I will convert to green tea as well as I've always liked that better as tea. All the stuff I read before I purchased said black though. Perhaps today will be the day I get enough cleaned up to get my booch going?

Great job on the pizza. I can honestly say I'm not all that attracted to it anymore. The 3 little boys sitting behind us at the baseball game on Thursday each had a giant piece and while it smelled very good I didn't really want more than to smell it. I do plan on trying the cauliflower crust recipe to make my own at some point down the road.

Thanks Beth :)  You'll start having baby SCOBYs left right and centre not too long after you start, so you can always branch out.  That's what I did.  Then you figure out what your favourite is and scale back again.

I'm happy about the pizza victory but today I got this irrational longing for macaroni cheese.  Which is worse.  I haven't made it, but I thought baout it for a good chunk of the evening.  Funny how the gremlin pops its head up from time to time.

My evil twin still stomps her foot for artisan pizza, but only the super interesting type like topped with arugula. Don't even get me started on Mac & Cheese. We have a new restaurant, about a year old now called Homeroom. From what I hear, the menu is all gourmet Mac and cheese.things like truffle Mac. I haven't been able to set foot in here since it opened because a taste of something is never enough. Bring the pan please with a bib.

• Moderators

"I'm happy about the pizza victory but today I got this irrational longing for macaroni cheese.  Which is worse.  I haven't made it, but I thought baout it for a good chunk of the evening."

I swear it's the mind space that this kind of stuff takes up that makes me the maddest. This is half the reason why restrictive diets are effective, I think: they do the thinking for us so we can just put those musing and decisions out to pasture.

"I'm happy about the pizza victory but today I got this irrational longing for macaroni cheese.  Which is worse.  I haven't made it, but I thought baout it for a good chunk of the evening."

I swear it's the mind space that this kind of stuff takes up that makes me the maddest. This is half the reason why restrictive diets are effective, I think: they do the thinking for us so we can just put those musing and decisions out to pasture.

I couldn't agree more LadyM! Yay for simplicity.

This is kind of a fortunate type of "craving". Gives you time to think and realize it's just a trick of the brain. I will neve forget how I wanted peanuts after wh30. I couldn't let this idea go for the whole day. And next day it wasn't over. Of course I had them. The word peanut hurts to type that bad it was. Our brain is such an efficient machine and is supposed to keep us safe, but sometimes it amazes me with it's stupidity. Listen to your body kind of fail :D

How were the radishes?  

• Moderators

Nadia, when I think about all the peanuts I used to eat at baseball games andsitting in bars, it makes me sick. Beer and peanuts, no less. Such fun times in the moment, but so not worth it in the long run.

Oh guys, I'm still around.  I missed you all!  I seem to have taken an unplanned break - my brain just seemed to rebel on me.  My clean July has been so dirty (though when I think about it, this is probably the cleanest July I've ever had in my whole life, that's how far the goal posts have moved!).  I just lost my way a bit, got furious that nothing was making my winter layer move and stopped thinking so hard about what I was eating.

Then of course, I didn't log on for so long that I kept putting it off everytime I thought about it.  Do you guys get that?  When you take so long to do something you know you ought to, that you just put it off again and again?

Anyway, for the most part I've actually been pretty good apart from the odd yoghurt now and then, so I guess my W 30 habits have stuck with me :)  

I have so many threads to catch up on reading now, and have to figure out how I'm going to eat, keep my mind happy and stop the fluff build up!

I'm so happy to see you Sophie! Yay that you came back. :)

How cool is it that you are having a dirty July, yet in reality, it's your cleanest ever. I think that the important part is that you have hung onto your good habits. Way to go!

Archived