Physibeth's First Whole30 Log (finally!)

Physibeth

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My goodness, what a beautiful dress and a beautiful you in it!  I can understand about wanting to get to a point where you can fit in it again!  Luckily my wedding dress was a sari so I don't have to worry about fitting it, it's one size!  I do have some great clothes from back when I got married that I would love to fit again.  Getting closer.  It feels so good to put on clothes that have been in the back of the closet, shying from the light of day......congrats on your shorts fitting!

Glad you liked the marinade, I'm going to try it on chicken this week.  Sorry I haven't gotten back to you about the mushrooms, It's been a bit hectic around here lately.  I would NOT do them the way I described with the tomatoes.  They turned into mushroom chips, not bad but not what I wanted.  I would give them a saute over medium high heat with about 2 tbsp of your duck fat, until browned.  If you have compliant bacon or even prosciutto you can add some of that in, a sprinkle of parsley, and a squeeze of lemon.  Delish.  Even if you don't have the meat bits, they are a great.  Sometimes I saute mushrooms with asparagus and drizzle a lemon mustard vinaigrette over top, I can give you a recipe if you are interested.

Awesome idea to become a bodypump instructor, go for it!  What an accomplishment that would be, I know I would be super proud of myself if i pushed hard enough to be able to teach people something like that!

Thanks Liz! I will plan to saute my mushrooms then. Should I chop them or can I do them up whole? Maybe a couple of pulses in the food processor as I am well established to be knife challenged?  ;) Would you add cooked bacon or raw chopped? I'm thinking this would be a nice change up for my kale/egg/bacon breakfast to add the mushrooms. It looks like we are going to get some relief from this heat too so hopefully I can cook up some stuff tonight without dying.  :P I need to make my ghee. My coconut oil is completely liquid which is so weird. But so far it is staying below 80 degrees in the house this morning which is awesome!

Day 23 (just a week left! What!)

Sleep: Much better than last night. It cooled down a bit and I ran the AC for a few hours before bed and then shut it off and opened all the windows. Fell asleep promptly. Woke at 2:30, 5 (when I closed the black out shades), 6:30 and a little after 7. Wanted to sleep more but couldn't fall back asleep. Stayed out too late last night and did some needed cat box cleansing before bed and then just as I was going to bed husband asked me to make him macaroni and cheese. Got just under 7 hours though. 

Meal 1: (8:30 am) 4 eggs scrambled in kale sauteed in coconut oil, bacon, raw sauerkraut, frozen blueberries (more than a handful  :ph34r: ), black coffee

Meal 2: (tbd) Cinnamon Beef Stew w/ Mashed Faux-Tatoes, Salad

Meal 3: (tbd) Tuna Salad, Carrots, Pickles, Sweet Potatoes

Exercise: 7pm BodyPump

Spent most of the day yesterday sneezing and blowing my nose. Must have been a high pollen count day or something. Seem to be doing better this morning thankfully. Slept with the air purifier in the bedroom again last night. Spent way to much time playing Magic the Gathering Online yesterday.  :ph34r: Women's bible study turned into just hanging out with my friend Lindsey as everyone else had something come up. Waiting on my produce delivery and then am going to go into work today after I run some errands. Need to pick up tickets for Stitch and Pitch and go to Trader Joe's for a few things. Need to do some cookup stuff tonight. Easy things: lamb chops, pad thai, acorn squash for tomorrows breakfast. Decided to skip on the weeding today after how bad my allergies were yesterday.

I would cook up a few pieces of bacon then add it back in cooked and crumbled.  I chop my shrooms based on type.  Shitakes and larger bellas or button I would chop.  Oysters and maitake, just a little chop to get them to uniform pieces.  A quick blitz in the food processor would be fine, please no finger removal, I would miss your updates :P

A quick blitz in the food processor would be fine, please no finger removal, I would miss your updates :P

I would have to learn to type with said removed finger or seek out a new job. Software jobs generally require you to be able to type at some level.  ;)

I feel like a right proper girly geek today wearing my hot pink shorts, my sparkling pink flip flops, newly painted hot pink nails, and my darth vader t-shirt.  :lol:

Got my errands done and in the oven I mean office now.  :rolleyes:

Got more garlic scapes in my produce box this week though they called them garlic shoots this time on the invoice. I have 3 whole heads of cauliflower and 3 bunches of bok choy now too...me thinks I need to cooks up some of that!

I love the dress and the vibe of the picture. Such a couple! You are a trooper, I can only imagine how much of mental focus you have so youbgo to your goal no matter what. I wish youbthat your body will be very cooperative!

Try whole roasted cauliflower head or cocoa toasted florets :D Looks out of this world.

Thanks Nadia! Mmm cocoa toasted cauliflower...will have to look into that. I need to work on my meal planning tonight or tomorrow so I can do my big meat stock up before the end of the week.

It's so fraking hot in my office. I'm waiting on a long download that probably won't finish before I have to leave for pump. I think I might go outside and play with my camera for a little while. It's much cooler out there. 

Had a nice little stroll in the lovely sunshine. Stopped to talk to someone who works in the office below ours how had a cute mini doberman/chihuahua mix dog. Decided to walk out to the river trail to see what I could see. Tried to get a picture of a beautiful red dragonfly but it wouldn't come close to me and I was having trouble focusing on it. I've been shooting exclusively with my 50mm prime but sometimes I really wish I had a fast zoom lens too, the one I have is adequate. Walked further down the trail trying not to get hit by the bikers who don't tell you they are coming on your left/right. Sat down to watch some ducks and a dad and his toddler came to throw them bread which made it much more exciting to watch. A mamma and babies came over but the babies didn't really come close enough to me to get a good picture. Felt nice to get some sun on my legs. My arms are very tan from running but my legs are still really white.

Eating my meal 3 now of tuna salad with pickle, sweet potato, persian cucumbers, and baby carrots. 

Yay, I love wedding photos!  Gorgeous you, gorgeous man and gorgeous dress.

And yay, babies.  If you're trying now, I hope you get good news very soon.  I'm desperate to start but hubby wants to hold off til mid-late next year so we can have our trip to France and so I get as much PhD done as possible.  Which makes sense.  I tell myself to use this year to get into the best shape possible so I'm fit, strong and healthy.  Then I see a million Facebook pictures of babies and want to kick things.  (Clearly I'm going to be an AWESOME mother).

Yay, I love wedding photos!  Gorgeous you, gorgeous man and gorgeous dress.

And yay, babies.  If you're trying now, I hope you get good news very soon.  I'm desperate to start but hubby wants to hold off til mid-late next year so we can have our trip to France and so I get as much PhD done as possible.  Which makes sense.  I tell myself to use this year to get into the best shape possible so I'm fit, strong and healthy.  Then I see a million Facebook pictures of babies and want to kick things.  (Clearly I'm going to be an AWESOME mother).

Thanks! I know what you mean about the babies. We are not necessarily trying but we haven't been preventing. Husband is in the "if it happens" stage right now. I turned 37 this year though so I don't want to wait too much longer but I also want to get as healthy as possible beforehand. I've been reading up on Paleo/Real Food fertility and pregnancy diets. Volunteering in a room full of 1 year olds every Sunday at church does help a little with the patience.  :)

Physibeth, I would be doing some sneaky peeing on opk's so "if it happens" happens sooner! ;)

The thought has crossed my mind...but I feel like it would be better for him to be a little more on board before I start doing that. I don't want him to feel trapped...though children has always been in the plan. He is just a "ducks in a row" kind of guy and I love him for that but I don't want to miss our chance either. 

Day 24:

Sleep: I stayed up way too late again last night. Feel asleep quickly though and slept without waking until my husband's alarm went off the first time at 6am. Took me a bit to fall back asleep but I did and ended up getting up around 8am. About 7.5 hours of sleep total.

Pre-WO: (8:30am) 2 eggs fried in bacon fat, black coffee

Exercise: (9:30am) 6 mile speedwork run - This is where I wish I had gone to bed earlier. I had sweat dripping down my legs by the end of the warmup. Ewww. But there was a nice breeze to balance out the hot sun. My sprints were nice and speedy. Legs felt surprisingly good considering I beat the crap out of them in BodyPump last night.

Meal 1: (11am) 2 eggs fried in bacon fat, 1/2 an acorn squash with cinnamon, raisins, and coconut butter, raw saurekraut.

I've been making so many adjustments to my planned meals lately I think I'll post them after I eat them. Pump last night was killer! I was really impressed with how hard I was able/willing to push myself. Got home late because I got chatty in the parking lot with a friend again. Spent some quality time with husband. Ate 2 grass fed hot dogs with mayo and mustard and a handful of baby carrots. Got to bed after midnight. Yikes.

Dragging my heals on going into the oven today.  ;) Will probably leave in another hour or so. Hopefully will resume my Wednesday afternoon strolls with my friend and her 3 year old. They have had family in town for like a month so I've not seen them in a while. Have a community group potluck tonight but I'm just going to eat before I go. Going to try and spend some time working on my meal plan today and maybe get my big monthly shop done tonight. Need to text my brother and get an idea on his thoughts on eating out vs eating at home while he is here. It's just 2 days so I'm not opposed to going out as I'll be done with my W30. Just want to know what the expectation is. We are going to do a day trip to Mt Rainier on Wednesday next week so I need to figure out what foods I want to pack up for lunch that day.

Meal 2: (3:50pm) 2 Grass Fed Hot Dogs with mayo, Baby Carrots, 2 sliced Persian cucumbers.

Just got back from my walk to Starbucks with my friend. So much cooler outside! Had a Venti unsweetened green tea. Delightful. My friend's son was super duper talkative today. 

Well I know this but I'm a female.  ;)

Heh, I'm the same.  Hubby is right with lining up our ducks and logically I absolutely agree with him, but I have a very loud baby clock at the moment!

You're so good with your exercise!  I'm so naughty at using heat to duck out of it.

Beth, you're going to be in awesome shape when your pregnancy does happen. And you're building such wonderful self care habits! Get all your sleep now girl, cause that's going t o change! :)

Meal 3: (8:00 pm) 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs with mayo and a mound of baked sweet potato cubes

Had a neighbor come by and say a baby bear was sighted crossing a nearby road recently. Awesome. She handed me this sheet with all sorts of things I shouldn't be doing because they attract bears. I don't want to take my bird feeders down. They entertain me and the cats. I'm really concerned that my husband is going to flip out about it and insist I stop running outside or some nonsense. I guess we'll see what he says when I talk to him tomorrow. 

Beth, you're going to be in awesome shape when your pregnancy does happen. And you're building such wonderful self care habits! Get all your sleep now girl, cause that's going t o change! :)

This is funny because just before I read it I was asking myself why I was still awake and on my computer instead of in bed. I've got an 8:30 pump class in the morning I really should be sleeping already.

Heh, I'm the same.  Hubby is right with lining up our ducks and logically I absolutely agree with him, but I have a very loud baby clock at the moment!

You're so good with your exercise!  I'm so naughty at using heat to duck out of it.

Sometimes I wish we had thrown caution to the wind and just let whatever happened happen...but we are where we are. On the exercise thing it comes from years and years of scheduling my workouts and making them a priority. I actually get mad when I can't get out for a run because I'm sick or something else comes up. It is so much a part of who I am now.

Day 25:

Sleep: Oh why oh why didn't I go to bed early last night! Stupid video game sucking me in. Moderation in tv/games is something I really need to get a better handle on. Fell asleep initially on my kindle with my glasses and lights on. Startled awake when husband came home. Just as I was settling down we had a disagreement about when company was showing up today and it was just enough for me to get my worry on so I was awake for 54 more minutes. I did give up and read again for some of that. Apparently I woke again around 1 (but I don't remember) and than I woke up at 5:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. Didn't help that the heavier cat came to lay on top of me. Only got 5.5 hours of sleep in the end and I'm feeling pretty yucky about it this morning. Probably should have ditched out on BodyPump in favor of sleep but I am really looking forward to class today. Maybe I'll be right about when our friend is coming over and can catch a quick nap this afternoon.

Meal 1: (6:20 am) 4 eggs and kale scrambled in bacon fat, coffee with light coconut milk and cocoa powder, raw sauerkraut

Heading off shortly for pump and possibly staying for cx. We'll see how I feel at the end of class. Going to do the shopping I didn't do last night on my way home. I was really headachy yesterday afternoon/evening. Possibly too much sun and not enough water. Of course I spent all that time in the hot office yesterday and my boss started to respond to my emails when I got home.  :rolleyes: I'm probably going to work for at least part of tomorrow. 

Definite plans for today are having most of our Pathfinder group over tonight to eat, play, and maybe do some fireworks. I know two of our friends are not coming over until supper time because she has to work until 5 but our other friend may or may not be coming at 1. I wish I had spent all my free time last night cleaning my house instead of playing Magic the Gathering online because it is a mess. There is a strange unpleasant smell coming from the fridge that I need to investigate too.  :ph34r:

BodyPump and CX were a go! I was dripping sweat all over the gym floor by the time we were done. Boom! Have had several people at the gym (including some super fit instructors) tell me how trim I'm looking. Got my shopping done and now am awaiting some grass fed burgers that my husband is grilling up. Yum!

Post-WO Snack: Bag of dried mangos (no sugar or other yuckies added) and a grande iced americano black.  :ph34r:

I know this was not the best post workout eats but I was hungry and if a little extra fruit is the worst I do on a holiday where most people stuff their faces with food like substances than I am ok with that.  :P

Meal 2: 2 grass fed hamburger patties with homemade mayo lettuce wrapped (or just adjacent), pickle, carrots

I did find some spare ribs for me at the store. I couldn't find a compliant bbq sauce though so I'll have to come up with something. Liz sent me something so I'll have to look at it again and see if I have the ingredients. We are grilling them not smoking them. Bought a mini watermelon and 2 bags of cherries. Bought ice cream for everyone but me and going to make the corn and some potatoes for everyone else. Will make myself some sweet potatoes I think. Toying with the idea of trying to make proper fries with tallow but not sure. Guess I'll see how long it takes me to get house cleaned up. 

Archived