Physibeth's Post-W30 Log

Physibeth

BodyPump 83 this morning. Missed most of the warm up. Being 5 minutes shy of 6 hours of sleep last night makes everything harder yet I pushed through it. Managed to go up on my chest weight today and I didn't have to drop any weight off my bar in the bicep track though I did take the optional break and drop 2-3 reps. Progress! Didn't do all the jump squats. Legs were still mighty sore from yesterday's tempo run. 2 miles on the dreadmill after class at 5mph. All I can think about right now is taking a nap on my couch. Of course will be another late night as we have our Pathfinder group tonight. 

Went to TJs on the way to work for more tuna, dried mango, and sparkling water.

I'm going to have the tuna in tortillas with a slice of mango for meal 2. Baby carrots and snap peas on the side. 

The great news today is that our AC is working finally! YAY! 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgot to mention I had a little mini war with someone in my community group last night about whether or not dietary cholesterol caused elevated blood cholesterol levels. This started because I mentioned my homemade mayo and she asked me how and she then proceeded to ask if she could increase the egg and decrease the oil to make it higher in protein and lower in fat.  :huh: I proceeded to say that mayo is supposed to be a fat and war kind of started. She is a personal trainer and works with the 20/20 program. I remember making a comment a few months ago about avoiding canola oil and she was all "but it has so many healthy benefits" and at that time I just said that after reading how it was produced I chose not to consume it when it was under my control.  :rolleyes: She basically dared me to get my cholesterol checked saying I was endangering my heart even though I told her several times that I have never felt overall healthier in my life. I do want to go get a physical at some point here because it has been a while. But even if my LDL does come back higher (and I've had completely "good" bloodwork for years and years even when I was very obese) I don't really think I care.  :ph34r:

Yay for the AC.  I was just reading today that only .5% of homes here have AC; usually we're wearing jumpers here for half the summer.

And wow, how much mayo is she thinking about eating if she's concerned about it affecting her cholesterol.

We don't have AC in many homes here either (including my own) but this was the AC in my office building where windows don't open or anything. Necessary. 

She still subscribes to the low-fat conventional wisdom so *shrug*. I know her husband has been dealing with some chronic shoulder pain too that sounded very much like Dallas' story. Guess I won't be suggesting they try Paleo. I think her head would explode.

Morning! Feeling kind of out of it today. I finished off the bag of dried mangos after work yesterday and had a square of dark chocolate. I totally did both these things because I was tired and feeling grumpy. Owning that and moved on. Snapped at my husband quite a bit yesterday. Not sure if this is from the added grains, the lack of sleep, or a combination of both so recording it and moving on. The taco meat for dinner was kind of bland. I'm using the recipe from practical paleo. I need to find something that is a little closer to "traditional" taco meat without the yuckies. My avocados are both too soft so I just had lettuce, tortillas, and meat for dinner. Not a great meal. :-( Picked at some bacon and the last leftover hard shell (that I made for the boys) before bed.

I did manage to get almost 9 hours of sleep last night. Woke up fully around 3 and closed the black out curtains that I had opened for air flow. I know I was awake more than this but not enough to have it track on my app. Feel very sinusy and sore this morning.

Will have a nice compliant day today. Started off with my normal 4 eggs with kale and bacon and coffee and kraut. Need to make the summer squash I got in my box this week into noodles to have with my Moroccan meatballs today. Determined not to wake up feeling crappy again tomorrow as I have a 10 mile run to do. Today will be a full rest day though I may try to take a couple of walks this afternoon to get a break from sitting at the desk.

Yum...summer squash noodles with the Moroccan meatballs and sauce was lovely! Had a handful of cashews after for my added fat.

Today is a skirt/dress day so I'm wearing my new denim pencil skirt. This is the 4th one I've bought (18, 16, 14, and now 12). It's a little snug still but the 14 I could pull off without unbuttoning. It's sitting up on my natural waist. The sun finally came out. I'm considering a walk.  

Beth, I finally got to read through your entire log. You're doing awesome. Congrats on your race. I love the color of your race shirt. Wow on the new smaller size skirt. That's a great accomplishment.

This is wonderful that you're not reacting adversely to the dairy. I hope to be that lucky.

Thanks Calee! My first time around I did note that poor quality dairy (starbucks latte) gave me a rumbling tummy, but the good stuff seems to be just fine.

Had an emergency larabar in the car on the way home last night because I got stuck in some sucktastic traffic. Really thankful I decided to stop and get gas at Costco instead of trying to make it home because I would have run out for sure. Got home to find hubster had bought me more skylanders (crack! I'm such a child!) so I cracked that open while I ate meal 3. Had the Czech meatballs with mayo and mustard wrapped in lettuce leaves. It was nice. Had a square of dark chocolate after dinner. Had a very delicious nectarine before bed.

Got about 7 hours of sleep. Meant to go to bed earlier. Darn Skylanders crack!  ;) Up early to get my run in before it gets too hot. Kind of dragging my feet now though because it is foggy and misty and cold outside at the moment. I need to go soon though because I'm sure it will heat up as soon as it all burns off.

Going to adjacent pool parties tonight. Trying decide how I want to handle meal 3. Option 1 is to just bring my own food and not worry. Option 2 is to bring sides I know I can eat and have a burger or two at the first party. Still mulling this over.

Was supposed to put a chicken in the crock pot this morning but I have not been doing a great job of reading through my prep stuff every night and I totally forgot to take it out of the freezer on Thursday night as planned. Oops. It's bathing in a cold water bath now in hopes I can get it to defrost enough to put it in tonight.

Tomorrow I shall introduce white rice. Wheeee!

Yay for the smaller size skirt!

I'll have to try the Moroccan meatballs.  Sounds delish.

It's funny reading about your video game habit.  My husband loves video games!  I was into Sims and Civilization back in the day, but once I had kids, I just didn't have time.  My husband doesn't have as much time as he'd like now, either. 

Good luck at the parties!

My video game habit is nothing compared to my husband's. It probably doesn't help that he works in the industry. The first Skylander set came home from the free swag pile at work. When hubs and I were dating we played World of Warcraft together a lot as a way of keeping it clean when we were alone in the same room and as a way of hanging out when we were not (he lived about an hour drive away). We still play a lot of games together which is fun.

My run went wonderfully this morning! Ended up a bit faster than my target including on the nasty uphill mile at the end!  :D

Had 2 fried eggs and 2 strips of bacon and largish cup of coffee before my run. Coconut water/water mix on my run. 3 fried eggs and 2 large sweet potato pancakes and another largish cup of coffee post run (and post shower).

Trying to convince myself that I would rather do chores than play Skylanders. I think the devil is winning.  :P

Perhaps if I set my alarm for an hour and stop and do chores when it goes off?

The spot on my right knee where I got sunburned at the baseball game last week has little bubbles on it today. That's not good right?  :ph34r: Can't believe the worst sunburn I've probably had since snorkeling in Cairnes, Australia would be on my knee at a baseball game.  :rolleyes:

Calee - My first video game was one of the midway Ms. Pacman things. 

Nadia - I agree...reintroductions can definitely be harder than the W30.

So cleaning never happened today.  :rolleyes: Bad Bethany.

Had a late Meal 2 of four grassfed hot dogs with mayo and mustard and a lot of pickles. Drank a kombucha in the car on the way to the birthday party. Brought the 2nd bag of kettle chips with me as my party contribution. Ate 2 slices of watermelon and a handful of the chips I brought at the party. Wasn't even tempted by all the other goodies there. Had a lot of fun swimming with my friends and their little girls.

Went to the 2nd gathering which was an outdoor viewing of The Princess Bride. Ate a couple of sausages and some cherries there. Probably not 100% compliant but they didn't make my stomach hurt either. Didn't change out of my bathing suit so was so very cold when I got home. 

Now I'm eating salami wrapped in a lettuce leave with mayo and mustard and a banana.

Not my best food day overall but it could have been far worse.

Chicken in the crock pot and hitting the hay shortly.

Sounds like you did quite well at your parties.

My husband and I used to play loads of World of Warcraft when we lived in Japan, upwards of 12 hours a day.  I still haven't found another game that I enjoy as much, and would probably still be playing WoW if not for how mind-numbingly easy it became to level new characters and our guild losing just enough players to make raiding difficult.

Annabel - Have you tried Star Wars the Old Republic? I think I like it better than WoW but the game mechanics are similar. I find a lot of MMOs are too complicated for me which is why I liked WoW so much. 

Got a solid 7 hours of sleep without waking last night. Was so tired from all the running and swimming that I couldn't even get through a couple of pages before I started nodding on my kindle. 

Today is my rice intro day. I cooked up a small bag of organic fair trade jasmine rice in my rice cooker. I added a scoop of it to my normal breakfast of 4 eggs, kale, and bacon. I'm sitting here wanting more rice. Planning to portion out the rice for my other two meals and freeze up the rest. I probably already knew that rice is a food with no breaks for me. In college one of my regular meals was instant rice with cheese melted on it and those 98% fat free chicken tenders.  :wacko: I want to know if it has any other reactions for me because it is nice to add to Thai meals and such but definitely will not be a featured item in my forward going meal plans very often just based on this need to binge on it that I'm feeling. I've not felt the need/desire to binge on anything else since I finished my first 30 days of Paleo in April.

I was doing fine with the rice until I got home from church. I didn't get around to freezing leftovers before I left. I had several big bites before dinner, my portion with dinner, and several big bites after dinner. I am having trouble going to sleep now even though I was falling asleep on my kindle because my stomach kind of hurts. Not in an ouch evil food way but in a ouch ate too much way. Not sure I'll buy rice again unless it is for a meal to be shared with many others so I can't eat so much of it.

I'm a bit irritated I can't get to sleep right now. Especially as I had iced tea instead of coffee this afternoon even though I was so sleepy.

Had some nice green beans with my steak and rice.

Looking forward to a compliant day tomorrow.

I played Star Wars when it first came out, I found it a bit tedious, but maybe I should give it another go as most games are a bit rubbish when they first start out.

I have the same sort of problem with rice.... I'll eat it plain with a bit of salt even.  Rice was probably out most frequent grain before I started cutting them all out, it's funny because no one else we know really eats rice, other than fried rice from the Chinese.

Beth, sorry the rice reintro didn't go too well. Interesting as rice seems to be fine for most of people, it's a pure starch after all. Do you think it might be the after effect of earlier reintros? Reaction can appear up to 4 days after eating something. I've learned it hard way...

The rice didn't give me any physical problems really. The symptoms were all emotional/mental. That need to binge. Food without breaks. I don't know if it is because it is a pure starch that it caused me to feel that way or if it is because it is a food I have always eaten much more than I need serving wise. I'm guessing a bit of both. The stomach ache came because I overate. I've not overeaten in a long time. It definitely was pushing vegetables off my plate. 

Corn tortillas are actually fairly easy to make. I bought a tortilla press on the cheap from Amazon. You basically mix the flour with water and kneed it up. Press it between wax paper. Grill on a hot cast iron griddle about 30 seconds per side. So much more tasty than anything you can get in the store in my opinion.

Finally got to sleep last night around 12:30. Woke around 2:30 and when my alarm went off at 6. Closed the black out shades and went back to sleep until a little after 8. In the end got close to 8 hours of sleep but I'm way behind with my day already.

Having a meal 1 of 3 fried eggs, 2 large sweet potato pancakes, bacon, black coffee, kraut.

Going out for a 3 mile run. Didn't do all my cooking last night so will pull some leftovers from the freezer. 

Massage scheduled for tonight. 

Need to go to bed on time and not play any Skylanders this week. Must resist!  :P

Ok, I finally put on my big girl panties and got out for that run, showered, threw bunch of compliant food in my thermal bag and out the door.  :rolleyes:

Meal 2 - Moroccan meatballs with summer squash noodles, handful of cashews, handful of Rainier cherries.

Just got a shipping notice from Amazong for this: Everyday Paleo Around the World: Italian Cuisine: Authentic Recipes Made Gluten-Free

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

I had almost forgotten I pre-ordered it!

That's a great surprise that your book has shipped.

It's interesting about the rice. I am a total fool for carbs. I don't cook rice at home and probably ate it 3-4 times a year pre Primal/Paleo. I guess I have eaten low carb for so many years. It I had two cups of cooked rice in the fridge, I would want to eat it all. Maybe two meals but I'd be thinking about it!

Archived