Physibeth's Post-W30 Log

Physibeth

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning all! Yesterday was fine. Body Pump was hard after a 2 week break but it felt good to work hard! I probably should have backed off the weight on a couple of tracks but it was fine in the end, just had to drop some reps. Work yesterday was frustrating. Dealing with a problem that I don't think has a good solution. Ugh. Got my shopping done (finally) after work. Came home and watched So You Think You Can Dance (this year's dancers have been AMAZING!) Went to bed with my book promptly after and got about 7.5 hours of sleep mostly uninterrupted. Just woke once a little before 6am.

Food yesterday:

M1: eggs, kale, raw cheddar, black coffee

M2: Whole Foods burger with cheddar cheese, sauteed mushrooms, bacon, avocado, pickles, lettuce, and sweet potato fries

M3: Tuna with mayo, 3 carrots, 2 small plums, 1 small apricot

Also ate a piece of raw cheddar while watching TV.

On deck today. Need to drive husband to work as he leaves for a work trip to Germany tonight and doesn't want to leave his car at the office while he is gone. Going to come home after that and do a 6 mile tempo run, wait on produce, do some cooking, do some cleaning. Hoping to get all caught up today as the property manager wants to show the house to someone tomorrow. They wanted to show it yesterday or today but I told them I hadn't been home all weekend and it was in no state to show. 

Wow, loved the video. This music is so contagious! I want to go dancing NOW  :D

Getting back to exercise must be feeling so good. I had this feeling on Saturday, when the whole body screams "Finally" and "Thank you". Good times. Every time I go to pump class I think of you, hehe. All the ladies there are such a BAs, I think I have the least weight on my bar. Can't figure out what I should be aiming for actually. I get that squats and deadlift need heavier plates etc It looks like error and trial, but would be cool to know what I should be aiming for. Hmmm. 

Cheers! 

Wow, loved the video. This music is so contagious! I want to go dancing NOW  :D

Getting back to exercise must be feeling so good. I had this feeling on Saturday, when the whole body screams "Finally" and "Thank you". Good times. Every time I go to pump class I think of you, hehe. All the ladies there are such a BAs, I think I have the least weight on my bar. Can't figure out what I should be aiming for actually. I get that squats and deadlift need heavier plates etc It looks like error and trial, but would be cool to know what I should be aiming for. Hmmm. 

Cheers! 

That's exactly how I feel about big band! Contagious! Have to dance! Energy! Yes!

Body Pump did me in yesterday! My ENTIRE BODY HURT! I don't know if this is just because of the 2 week break or because I have not been getting enough sleep and maybe picked up a bug from dancing (the only real downside to social dancing) or a bit of both.

My advice on weight selection: I think I started with 2.5 kg plates on every track while I got my form correctly (lower on shoulders and lunges). Once I felt like I had the form dialed in I started added 1 kg plates to any track I felt like I could still do more reps of at the end. I know I have enough weight on my bar if I can barely finish and/or have to drop a couple of reps to finish. I think the hardest to go up on have been biceps and shoulders because they assist in all the earlier tracks. I have no problem taking weight off half way through if it is too much. 

So yesterday did not work out the way I planned at all.  :(

Dropped the husband off at work and came home. Finally got up the energy to go out for my run but my legs and my tush hurt SO MUCH from pump that I bailed half way through my tempo run and walked the hill home. I wasn't hitting my target pace and was slowing done on every lap and felt like I might hurl a couple of times even though breakfast had been 2+ hours before. Ugh!

Made my lunch which wasn't has tasty as I hoped. I don't think it was the recipes fault...I think it was mine. I hate cooking in a messy kitchen which didn't help anything either. Played Skylanders for a while. Was too tired and sore to clean so I retired to my bed with my book hoping that I would fall asleep. Nope. Finally made myself clean up the kitchen and finish dinner (I had put it in the crockpot after lunch). Had regular rice from the freezer instead of cauliflower rice because I didn't feel like making the cauliflower rice. Went to bed after dinner but ended up staying up until 12:30 reading. Damn good book! If you have not read Divergent I highly recommend it.  :)

So eats for yesterday ended up being:

M1: eggs, kale, bacon, raw cheddar, coffee

M2: Lamb "Dosa" Purses from "Paleo Lunches and Breakfasts on the Go"

Snack: Coconut Creme Larabar

M3: Slow Cooker Sesame-Orange Chicken from "Against All Grain" with 2 much white rice (from my freezer stash)

Stayed in bed late today so got about 7.5 hours of sleep in the end. Moving so slow. Need to do some more chores before I go to work. Going to make a batch of mayo and grab a bunch of raw veggies and stop for some hot dogs on the way to work because I didn't get today's food prepped.  :rolleyes:

Supposed to do a 3 mile run today and go to Body Pump. I think I'm going to try and go to class and hope that doing it again will help my soreness. I will see how I feel after class and try to get my run in. My running schedule was going so well and I feel like it is trashed now. Sad.  :(

My husband made it safely to Germany. His phone is worthless there (as I suspected it would be) and apparently the airline lost his luggage. I was hoping that this experience would make him more open to vacation travel but so far not going well.  :P

I feel that navigating through meh days is a skill on itself. They reveal so much interesting stuff about behaviours/patterns and such. Like giving up the run. Well done, it took me a long time to figure out that pushing through does not always means "weak".

I was planning to make those lamb things too...maybe I will not now. I loved every single thing I made by nomnom though.

I went to the class and upped my weights to see what happens. Thanks for advice. What I hate is that instructor says "use heavier than your normal for this track". What if I have no clue what is normal. Tried to remember what I had after all the sets. Faaaail. Just the squat of 17 kg, because I had three plates on each side. Haha. Nice feeling but I am doooooneee.

Hope you get back your happy energy back soon.

It's hard for me to give up my perfectionism but I'm certainly working on it! I'm feeling a bit better today though still limping a bit on my left side (my left hip flexor is always tighter than me right...really need to go see a chiropractor and get that all adjusted). 17 kg is an impressive squat weight! I'm doing 15 these days but I have more of me to squat as well.  ;) I couldn't add weights to my lunge track at all until this May when I started making myself. I always joked that my lunge weight was going down not up (as I lost weight...get it?  :lol: ) Knowing what is normal does take going to class fairly regularly. It is pretty automatic for me and I know most of the more current releases more than someone who doesn't teach probably should so I usually know when I can push it and when I can't. If you are having trouble remembering your weights I would write them down after (or during) class and then think about how you felt about each afterwards. Does your gym have the old pump bars/plates or the new smart bars? I really wish we could get the smart bars but I fear it will be a while yet. I would be happy with less new paint jobs and more new equipment. Many of our plates sound like rattles when you shake them and many an over zealous dude (who thinks he is impressive with all that weight on the bar and doesn't realize the little girls see him doing about half the reps and doing them poorly) has pounded a bar to the floor and had it explode sand all over the gym.  :rolleyes:

Aha I had to google these smart bars. Nope. Old ones for sure, but the are in a good condition. Lounges are killing me because of my knee. I also think that a better stretch would be good for these classes. Oh my yes, guys who screw up the form to show off to a bunch of girls. Oh well, maybe it is boosting their ego somehow or they just like the squats track. Whaaaaatever.

My group are terminators then as I am with the "low weight side" of the group. I am not comparing or stressing about, just being impressed with their work. I think I can remember one weight/type at a time, so it will take me several classes to figure out. Fun.

I try very hard to only focus on what I'm doing and lifting when I'm in that class with the exception of keeping an eye on my friends who are newer. The only person I have to lift more than is the person I was a month ago. I try to up my weights on something at least once a month. I'm actually being very limited by my grip in a few tracks right now. For lunges I used the bar as a tripod for a long time while I got the form down "perfectly" it took some of the weight off and helped with my balance. To me form is much more important than weight selection. When I finally get to instructor level I intend to preach the "its better to have low weights and good form than high weights and poor form" over and over. I have actually noticed that my Tuesday morning instructor is doing the back half of the clean and press incorrectly and it is really bothering me. 

Imagine her face if you told her :D Form is everything. This is why CF is frowned upon somewhat- people tend to get adrenalin rush to do wo faster/more rounds than one another. This is when fitness is not fitness anymore. But what do we know, we all should just go and jump like an antelope :D

So had a pretty good day. Was terribly unproductive at work but hope to remedy that tomorrow. Read the first chapter of the sequel to the book that kept me up so late last night while waiting in Starbucks for my husband's car to get an oil change. Body Pump hurt like heck again. I again probably should have gone lighter on my weights but I'm stubborn. Decided to skip the run. I'm going to make some adjustments to my program and see what it spits out. I think it is unrealistic to attempt 12 miles on Saturday but maybe I'll be recovered enough by then. 

Food today:

Meal 1: 4 eggs, kale, 2 slices of bacon, black coffee - took my cod liver oil and butter oil supplements too

Meal 2: 2 grass fed hot dogs with mayo and mustard, 2 pickles, handful of potato chips (potato, olive oil, salt), and a peach (that was perfect!)

Had a grande Americano at Starbucks and a bottle of Kombucha

Meal 3: tuna with mayo on cucumber slices with 2 carrots, and chocolate coconut bliss bar   :ph34r:

Post workout meal 4: 1 slice of bacon, 2 fried eggs, small yam sauteed in coconut oil

Should probably go shower and get myself to bed. Nighty night!

Finally got new running shoes today (mine were 6 months old with no tread left) and new body pump shoes (2.5 years old on those) and I love them! Runners are hot pink with yellow laces and the cross trainers are black with green laces. So fun! Place I normally go for runners closed so went to Road Runner Sports and they did a great assessment for me, got custom insoles, and great service. Yay! 

Now I want new shoes :D Mine are sooooo old. So are my ballroom shoes. So are my ballet slippers. Ahah. GIRL NEEDS NEW SHOES!

Enjoy the weekend *)

Btw wanted to ask you about the books. I can pick one -Italian cuisine - All against grain book - Lunches on the go.

I'm not even going to discuss how old my dance shoes are...but considering how infrequently I go out now (compared to 5-6 nights a week + travel back in the day) I'm not too fussed about those. New running shoes every 6 months keeps me trucking with no knee/ankle/foot pain. Never was super happy with the cross trainers I got so those were kind of a splurge waiting to happen.

On the cookbooks...I've not cooked from the Italian one yet because I've been too rushed and I feel like those recipes need calm attention. I want to make the sweet potato gnocchi and gnocchi is fussy. I'm hoping to dig into that one on a weekend after our move is complete. The Against All Grains book has a lot of fairly easy recipes in it. I will be cooking from it a lot today actually. So far made her orange chicken and slow cooker beef chunk chili. Both were easy. Will have the chili for lunch today. Chicken was tasty but I think my chicken was on the edge of being bad and I didn't let the sauce reduce enough. Against All Grains has a fairly generous treats section and a lot of paleofied things in it. I need to explore Paleo Lunches and Breakfasts more. The recipes all seem fairly straight forward. A lot of paleo wraps and such. Everything looks really good in it but not as many on my meal plan yet. I really should limit myself to one cookbook at a time and not buy new ones until I thoroughly explore what I have...but I love new books and I like supporting these bloggers.

Aside from the shoe shopping yesterday I did manage to solve a big problem that I had been trying to solve at work. Ended up being at work until after 8 pm because I wanted to revisit my meal plan, add stuff to my shopping list, and write up a cookup plan for today. I have no commitments after my run today aside from my landlord coming to look at the carpets and someone coming to look at the house (new tenant possibility) so I want to get my cooking done and hopefully some more sorting/packing. I'm determined to set myself up to be on track this week! 

Will not run in my new shoes today. 12 miles is not the run to try new shoes on. 

Meals yesterday:

M1: 4 eggs, kale, bacon, black coffee

M2: 2 grass fed hot dogs with mayo and mustard, 4 pickles, more than a handful of potato chips, apricot

8 oz cold brew coffee, 16 oz bottle kombucha

M3: Italian pork sausage, summer squash noodles, pasta sauce, dark chocolate coconut bliss bar

Happy to report the chili is delicious! I'm sure the tomatoes will give me heartburn. The pasta sauce I had last night did. But it is so good I may not care.  :ph34r: Recipe calls for putting unsweetened chocolate in at the end of cooking but I didn't do that. I did shred a little grass fed cheddar on top. Yum.

Run was slower than target mostly because I had to work harder throughout to maintain tempo and then didn't have enough in me to get up the hill at a decent pace at the end. Still happy with it considering how many runs I missed this week.

Finishing up lunch than must ignore the sore and get stuff done!

Wow so yesterday was busy! I didn't get through my entire cookup so I will continue with it today. I only spent maybe an hour or so in unproductive activity though so I feel pretty good about that.

Food Yesterday:

M1/PreWO - 2 fried eggs and 2 strips of bacon and black coffee

M2 - Slow-Cooker Beef Chuck Chili (Against All Grains) w/ raw grass fed cheddar (This surprisingly did not give me heartburn - I need to figure out what the real offender is)

Snack? - I had 3 breakfast sausages left from a recipe so I cooked them and ended up eating them while I waited for meal 3 to be ready. Had a bottle of kombucha too.

M3 - Paleo Crabcakes  and oven fries with a spoonful of mayo. I think I was supposed to use raw crab meat but I used cooked. They didn't hold together very well. The fries were kind of soggy. I used my mandolin to julienne cut 3 yukon gold potatoes. I wish I had done less and just cut them myself. Everything tasted fine just not what I imagined.

After my run and lunch I cleaned the litter boxes, took out the trash, and slowly cleaned up the kitchen. Hard to move fast when you are sore. Landlord showed up around 2 to talk about the carpet situation and other move out related stuff, to investigate my hair color failur (she is my stylist too the new color we used didn't take...possibly my dirty poo's fault), and just to chat. She left around 3:30. I set back into the kitchen to work on my cookup and the doorbell rang at 3:45. I wasn't expecting the property manager and potential renters until 4 so I told these people they were early. Went back to the kitchen and a couple of minutes later here a knock. Apparently she scheduled a second showing and didn't bother to text and let me know she was coming earlier. Whatever. All the house showing was done around 4:15 or so. Back to work. Cooked through until 6:30 or so then took a break to eat dinner and play some skylanders. Got back to work. Ended up making a trip to the grocery store around 8:30 because I needed more coconut flour. Ended up making another trip to the grocery store after 9 because I thought I had cream of tartar and I didn't.  :rolleyes: Glad the store is only 1 mile from my house. Up until the end I was doing a fairly good job of cleaning as I went but I finished up around 10 and the kitchen is a disaster.

What I got prepared yesterday:

- Sausage Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust (Against All Grains) - 6 slices into the freezer after cooled

- Blanched a bunch of Swiss Chard and wrapped more of my lamb meatballs from Wednesday - put this dish in the freezer

- Cauliflower rice (Against All Grains) - portioned this out and topped with my leftover orange chicken and put these in the freezer

- Finished making Rosemary-Sage Salt (Practical Paleo) to use in another recipe today. Dried the herbs overnight.

- Citrus-Cumin Chicken (Against All Grains) - Grilling on the stovetop results in some minor grease burns - I miss my grill master husband

- Sweet Potato Crepes (Paleo Lunches and Breakfasts on the Go)

- Bacon, Lemon, and Green Egg Muffins (Paleo Lunches and Breakfasts on the Go)

- Almond Milk

- Crab Cakes

- Oven Fries

- Breakfast Sausage Links

Wish I had gotten more done but I stayed busy and hopefully I can cross most of the rest off my list tonight.

Put some laundry away and got in bed around 10:30 or 11. Read and fell asleep on my kindle with my glasses on at some point. Woke up and properly went to sleep around 1. Cleo the stripey cat started wailing for no reason around 5:30 and I was probably up until 6 or 6:30. Got up properly around 9:30. Forgot to put my Zeo on last night so I think I got 8 hours of sleep but not sure.

Just put a 2nd load of laundry in this morning. Really behind on that! While the first load was in the washing machine I heard the distinctive beep of my car unlocking. Weird. So I went to investigate. The dome light was on. Checked to make sure none of the doors were open. Came back in and noticed my keys were not on the peg. Thought about this for a while before I realized they were still in the pocket of the shorts I wore last night and therefore in the washing machine. Doh! Stopped the washer and retrieved them. Clicker is now in a rice "bath". Luckily we have 2 sets. 

Busy day you had yesterday!  Your cookup sounds fabulous!  I'm kind of winging it this week.  I have tons of veg from my CSA that I cleaned up, but didn't do any other prep work yesterday.  It'll be a week of simple food, which is a good thing!

Busy day you had yesterday!  Your cookup sounds fabulous!  I'm kind of winging it this week.  I have tons of veg from my CSA that I cleaned up, but didn't do any other prep work yesterday.  It'll be a week of simple food, which is a good thing!

Thanks! I think having the veggies prepped is super key to success. That was my big issue last week...veggies.

Another busy day yesterday. Fabulous sermon at church from guest preacher Dr Wayne Grudem. Another fabulous non-paleo lunch at Cactus with our favorite waitress again this week. Kids ministry wasn't as crazy this week which is good because we were very short on volunteers. Got home and did a little bit of kitchen cleaning, a little dinner prep, break to eat, and then some more food prep. Finished Insurgent last night and downloaded a sample of City of Bones when I still wasn't super sleepy. Shouldn't have had coffee at 3:30pm. 

Food yesterday:

M1: Sausage Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust (Against All Grains), raw fermented carrots, black coffee.

M2: Apple Wood Chicken Flautas at Cactus (so good...so much cheese)

Grande Iced Americano

M3: Cinnamon Beef in Sweet Potato Crepes (Paleo Lunches and Breakfasts on the Go), Steamed Green Beans with EVOO & salt

2 Real-Deal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Food cooked up:

- Cinnamon Beef

- Chocolate Chip Cookies

- Steamed Green Beans

- Rest of the package of bacon I opened for egg muffins cooked Saturday

- Shepherd's Pie (Well Fed)

Definitely bit off more than I could chew this weekend. Need to rethink my strategy for cookups a little.

Wow, serious cooking business here. Working through the books. Well done. 

Thanks! Last week of scrounging frustrated me into this. Of course my kitchen is a disaster and no progress was made on packing/de-cluttering this weekend. I did get 3 loads of laundry done yesterday.

Feeling out of sorts today. Like I might be getting a cold. Maybe that delicious restaurant meal was too much regular cheese. Maybe I didn't sleep well enough. Hope it passes.

Thanks ladies! I'm feeling a little better today but still have that dull tooth, cheek, and eye pain that I just know is my sinuses.

Got a little work done, painted my nails, and drug myself home yesterday. Ate dinner while playing some Magic Online. Put myself in bed with my book around 8:30 and turned out the lights around 10. Slept for 7 straight hours before waking up around 5 and then couldn't seem to get back to sleep. No chores got done yesterday but I feel lots better.

Food for yesterday:

M1 (part 1): omelette made with 2 egg yolks left over from making the shepherds pie mixed with one whole egg, slice of bacon, slice of raw cheddar, black coffee

3 mile Easy Run - nice tempo, new shoes felt good

M1 (part 2): 3 Bacon, Lemon, and Green Egg Muffins, raw fermented carrots, black coffee. The egg muffins just were not filling enough. Need to figure out what to eat with them.

M2: Shepherd's Pie, Steamed Green Beans with EVOO and salt

8 oz cold brew coffee, kombucha

M3: Italian pork sausage, summer squash noodles, pasta sauce

3 Real-Deal Chocolate Chip Cookies (I didn't need 3...)

This morning has been going well. Got out of the house on time despite not really being ready to go with anything. Barely missed getting stuck on the wrong side of the train tracks. Body Pump was great this morning. Love the new shoes. I feel more grounded in all the exercises. Did 2 miles on the dreadmill after class. Trying to get myself focused on work now. Not very successfully.

Must clean my kitchen and make my pickles tonight no matter how tired I am. I'm terribly worried I've wasted 5 pounds of pickling cucumbers by waiting this long and I kind of wish that had been the first thing I tackled on Saturday. I wanted to go to the Against All Grains book signing tonight but it is way out of my way and I can't afford to be getting home that late tonight. Bummer.

Archived