Physibeth's Post-W30 Log

Physibeth

Meal 3 was Czech meatballs with mayo and mustard, 3 carrots, and a handful of Kettle chips. Not the best meal ever but it made me full. Had booch in the afternoon. Had a square of dark chocolate when I got home from my massage. She beat the crap out of me tonight but I needed it. Back was angry but it is less so now. 

Going to bed and hoping I sleep better tonight because I can't sleep in tomorrow.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having a better day so far today. No low grade headache like yesterday. Got a decent 7 hours of sleep. Woke once a little after midnight when husband came to bed and once around 5:30 when my beefy cat River was imitating a galloping horse up and down the bedroom.  :rolleyes: That horse eventually landed on my legs with a thud and curled up and went to sleep there.

Had a normal eggs, kale, bacon, coffee meal 1. I've been being very non-consistent about my kraut at meal 1 lately...need to work on that.

BodyPump 72 this morning. Rolled in just in time for warmup. Did my increased chest weight again today (ouchies!) and was able to get all through the bicep track on my most current weight today with just a couple dropped reps. Shoulders didn't go well today but he also royally f'd the choreography so probably more overhead presses than I needed.

Got an email from my friend that they are doing a Water in Motion training in October at our gym and if I register by the end of July I can do it for half off. Checking with the husband on his thoughts. I've not been attending this class lately because my friend who was teaching it decided she had too many classes/programs going and the gal that took over her class is awful. I think it would be a good program to get used to teaching with and it is fun.

Got a lead on an apartment that is less than a mile from my office. Trying to get an appointment to see it which is proving difficult as it is occupied at the moment.

Meal 2 was 4 grass fed hot dogs with mayo and mustard, a big pile of green beans (steamed on Sunday night) that I ate cold with olive oil and salt, and I finished the last of the Kettle chips I had.

Boss is out of the office today and I really don't have anything much to do. Frustrating. A friend is going to come and walk with me at some point this afternoon and I'm going swimming in the lake tonight with some other friends. Going to wear my other new bathing suit.  

Morning everyone!

Yesterday had a lovely finish. Walked with my friend and her 6 and 9 year old kids. Had an iced green tea at Starbucks. Meal 3 of tuna salad and carrots and a peach. Swimming in the lake with my bff. Had a good talk with the husband about apartment stuff and financial stuff. Going to see the potential apartment today at noon which might mean having to drive all the way back home again after to put my produce away but it will be worth it if this ends up being the place and we can check something big off the to do list. 

Sleep was not stellar last night. Feel asleep quickly but to bed late. Woke up around 4:30 and my brain started doing all sorts of worrying about the apartment stuff. Read for a while but still really couldn't fall back asleep. Alarm went off at 6 so I just got up. Should make for an interesting day.

Eating a couple of fried eggs and having some coffee. Have a 6 mile speedwork run today. Hoping to get out there soon as no fog this morning. Would like to get caught up on some chores before I head over to see the apartment. Kitchen is a disaster! Still need to do some food prep for today's meals too.

Good luck today!  On the apt stuff and making it through a tired day!  I hate when I wake up in the wee hours and my brain turns on!

Thanks! Moving stuff always makes me anxious. There are definitely pros and cons to possibly signing a lease today and not moving until Sept 14th. Part of what is making my brain whirr is that we will be going from a fairly large house to a 1080 square foot apartment. We have much stuff to go through and get rid of. We will probably have to rent a storage unit too. For the ability to drive less and have more time I think it is going to be worth it. Also trying to figure out how on Earth I can downsize my fridge/freezer given my Paleo lifestyle. Eeks! 

Run went pretty well considering how tired I was. I felt like I was flailing a bit but I made my goal paces. Eating the rest of meal 1 now...2 more eggs, 1/2 acorn squash with coconut butter and raisins, more coffee. Got a load of laundry put away and another one is through to the dryer now. Once I finish breakfast I want to clean the cat boxes, clean the kitchen, and clean out the fridge doing food prep as I go. 

So we put in an application for the apartment. Hopefully we hear back soon. I don't see any reason why we won't get it but I will feel better when I know for sure. Drove all the way back home after the appointment because my produce hadn't been delivered yet and I knew I was getting a flat of blueberries today which was just sitting out on the porch. Got that all put away, whipped up a quick batch of mayo, and then threw a bunch of stuff in the lunch sack and drove back to work. Was supposed to meet up with a friend to walk but her son isn't feeling well so she cancelled. Bummer.

Meal 2 was 4 grass fed hot dogs with mayo and mustard, a whole cucumber with salt, and 2 purples carrots. Feeling very pleasantly full now.

Hmmmm...I may have just eaten an entire pint of fresh from the farm blueberries that I put in the freezer for a couple of hours. :ph34r: I hope I don't regret that later...I don't regret it right now.  ;)

Between my lunch at 2pm and that I'm not at all hungry now (5pm) and doubt I will be before I go to community group tonight at 6:30. Here's hoping I'm good until 8 or 9pm. 

Morning folks! 

As I expected I was not hungry until almost 8 last night. Didn't get home until 10ish. Ate chicken with mayo and mustard, a peach, a square of dark chocolate, and a strip of bacon. Not the best meal 3 at all but I didn't feel like doing veggies.

I slept hard last night! About 7 hours waking only once. The alarm was a bit jolting this morning. Should have left group earlier last night so I could have gotten to bed earlier. 

Off to BodyPump this morning and will run 2 miles on the dreadmill.

Going to Stitch and Pitch (baseball game with knitting) tonight so that should be fun. Will allow myself some baseball foods for meal 3. I'm not sure what yet. Maybe garlic fries maybe not. I've not been super impressed with them the last couple of times I had them.

Fingers crossed for the apartment, living near where you work is totally worth it.  

Take the opportunity to weed out any rubbish you've been hoarding. I've been living in the same house for over three years now and can't believe how much junk I've accumulated.  I've spent years living out of a backpack and/or moved every 6 months to a year from 1996 when I graduated from high school until we bought this house. 

Whew!  What an epic catch-up read while chowing my lunch :P   You are one busy woman and so commited, I LOVE it!  sounds like you are doing pretty well with the reinto, should be just about done now right (soy left perhaps)?  BTW what a cute selfie of you in the green shirt, love that color green and your guns are looking good ;)

Excited for you for the apartment, will send good vibes your way.  I always loved moving because It is a fresh start, like Annabel said, clean-uout, clean-up!  I also love to decorate and move furniture around and it's a great excuse fo new curtains, towels, rugs etc! 

Please explain how this baseball with knitting thingy works?!?! :huh: Anyway, have fun!

Thanks everyone! I am the ultimate procrastinator (and my husband isn't much better) and we are both pack rats. Ugh! Every time we have moved we have started packing with the intention of getting rid of stuff and it has never happened. Of course we have always been moving into bigger places. Not this time. We have no choice. So ya'll should start asking me about the progress periodically.

Here is the link for stitch and pitch: http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/sea/ticketing/special_group.jsp?group=stitch

Last time I went was in 2008 right after hubs and I got engaged. My matron of honor and I went and actually did more wedding planning stuff than knitting.  :ph34r: A fun group of girls for tonight so should be good. 

BodyPump was awesome this morning. The instructor who teaches the classes I used to go to when I first started was subbing and I hadn't seen her in a while. Was nice to catch up a little and she was super impressed with my progress.  :D Dreadmill run went well too.

Meal 2 was tuna salad with a cucumber and 3 carrots. More blueberries await me in the freezer.  :ph34r:

Liz...yes almost done with reintro. I'm letting myself offroad tonight and then will introduce gluten on Sunday. I don't plan to introduce soy as I know it doesn't agree with me and I never intend to intentionally consume it ever again. I also know how to prepare beans properly so won't worry about introducing it. Never really in the mood for beans in the summer but might introduce some when it gets to be soup season. A little peanut butter here and there between my original 30 days and my W30 has never seemed to bother me either but I like other nut butters enough that I don't need it.

Crossing fingers that you get the apartment. I love being lose to work. I have no free parking there, so it's two forced walks daily. My second work site is a bit further and I could drive but it's a lovely walk by the lake.

Good luck!

Morning all! The game last night was fun! We had a little confusion when we first arrived because my one friend was meeting us there and she forgot her ticket. I was on the phone with another friend who works for the stadium and trying to get in myself but they let her in with a photo of the ticket from her husband and all was well. Had garlic fries and chicken tenders which was the perfect amount of stadium food and aside from being hungry again when I got home didn't really seem to affect me. Our seats were in the upper section but right behind home plate so they were actually quite good for seeing the game. Of course between knitting and talking I missed a lot.  ;) The sponsoring craft store for the event gave away gift bags to 2 rows of knitters and ours was one of the ones that won! Woot sauce! The Mariner's were up 6-0 in the 2nd inning (bye bye starting pitcher so early) and ultimately won 8-2. Only really not fun thing was the guys behind us spilling beer all down our backs...twice... :angry:

After dropping everyone off and driving home, getting a snack (larabar and strip of bacon), getting ready for bed...was about 12:30 when I turned out the lights. I guess I woke a little after 1 (I don't remember) and I woke up a little after 7 and couldn't go back to sleep. So shy of 7 hours. 

Eating my eggs, bacon, and kale now. Should be a low key day. Absolutely must be productive when I get home. I think I will write a list of must do things for the weekend and tape it to my TV.

This afternoon is going so slow.

Listening to the most recent BalancedBites podcast where they are ranting on the recent bashing of Paleo by the WAPF. 

Had Meal 2 of 4 grass fed hot dogs, mayo, mustard, carrots, blueberries.

I should clean my office while I'm waiting for things to download and install and what not.

I pulled a frozen pork shoulder out of my freezer today. I can't remember what I bought it for. I would like to throw it in the slow cooker tonight. Anybody have a great/easy recipe?

Still have not heard about the apartment. 

Painted my nails after everyone else left (cut them all down to be same length too...so short).  Purple with lavender flowers on thumbs and big toes.

Meal 3: Czech meatballs, mayo, mustard, purple carrots.

Need to cook this weekend. I'm getting bored.

Ok, going home now. Quick stop by PCC to get eggs, steak, coffee, and other goodies.

I have been meaning to listen to the podcast and read the article, kind of upset the Sally Fallon would smear the name of Paleo, can't we all just get a long?   I mean, we are mostly in the same camp and only want people to understand how to nourish their bodies through food, smearing NOT necessary!

It's a bit late for this but, with pork shoulder I like to throw it in the slow cooker and add a bunch of garlic cloves and halved oranges and limes.  Set it for low 10 hrs.  The next day I shred it, keeping some large hunks to freeze, and mix it up with the pan juices and throw it under the broiler until it get some nice crispy bits.  Serve with a mayo-less cabbage slaw and avocado.....I think I need to go get a shoulder now!  I also like to mix it with a carolina style mustard bbq sauce and have it with traditional slaw.  I want to try the cauliflower tortillas/wraps from Empowered Sustenance and have it taco style too.  So tasty and so versatile!

Have a loverly Saturday!!

I've been reading all the various rebuttals to the article since it came out. I'm quite impressed with the way most of the Paleo community has reacted. There is a fair amount of ranting but everyone is being pretty gracious about it. I think the parents of the community are the most offended. I liked Paleo Mom's and Paleo Parents' blog posts about it the most. I agree there is much in common between Paleo and WAPF and we should just be fighting together. Sally Fallon is basing most of her opinions on the original book "The Paleo Diet" which is quite a bit different than what most of the Paleo community does and on some pretty awful food that was apparently served at PaleoFx one year.

I have not made the pork shoulder yet so I will consider your recipe...though I have no oranges and limes so maybe I'll stick that in my back pocket for next time.  ;)

Got my grocery shopping done and a load of laundry done last night. Watched So You Think You Can Dance (finally) and Breaking Pointe. Should have cleaned the kitchen and gone to bed at this point but instead I played Skylanders.  :rolleyes: Up way to late and thusly got only about 6.5 hours of sleep...though pretty much without waking.

Run this morning should be interesting. I meant to go to bed earlier so I could get up earlier. It's super sunny out though not too warm yet but will probably be harder on me than last week with the sun. 11 miles on deck today.

Eating 2 fried eggs, bacon, and coffee before my run. Had to make the coffee twice today because I forgot to put the filter in the first time (I have a grind and brew).  :rolleyes:  What a mess. And a waste of good coffee.

Had a really good run today. Definitely felt harder than last week's long run (extra mile + hotter) but still managed my target pace while staying mostly in my recovery HR zone and I don't think I came above my aerobic zone.

2nd half of meal 1: another strip of bacon, 2 largish sweet potato pancakes (practical paleo), 2 fried eggs, black coffee, probably a couple of forkfuls of kraut.

I have blueberries in the freezer that I fully intend to eat as well. Nom!

Can't believe it is almost 1 pm already. Saturday's go by too fast!

Good morning!

Managed to get the house picked up/tidied yesterday but didn't get to any cleaning yet. After I finished up going through and picking up everything around 4 pm I got hungry so made 2 grass fed burgers with mayo and mustard and had the rest of the sweet potato pancakes. Played Skylanders while I ate. Babysat for my friends' 2 and 5 year old last night. Boy did they give me a run for my money! I babysit these kids once a month and I've never had so much trouble getting them to go to bed as last night. The 2 year old kept trying to run away from me while I was changing him for bed and the 5 year old was "but why"ing me the entire night. Phew! Had a really lame meal 3 of canned salmon with mayo and a large peach and a bottle of kombucha. I had brought carrots with me but didn't want to be bothered with pealing them.  :rolleyes: Had a square of dark chocolate when I got home and played more skylanders. Ugh...I've beat the game now at least.

Got to bed at a semi-reasonable time and slept without waking until almost 6. Went back to sleep and woke again a little before 8. About 7.5 hours of sleep in total.

Today I do my gluten grains intro. In full disclosure I have been having a very small piece of pita bread each Sunday for communion. I don't believe that I'm gluten sensitive, but I do think that the buildup of phytates in whole grains had been causing a lot of the symptoms I have found relieve from and I know that grains push veggies off my plate.

At any rate...meal 1 is my normal eggs, kale, bacon, and black coffee with the addition of a few small pieces of sourdough toast with grass fed butter. The bread is local and the claim on the bag is that they produce it traditionally. The ingredient list seemed reasonable. I'll probably freeze whatever is left after today.

Good morning!

The rest of yesterday went alright.

Scrubbed a good chunk of the master bathroom (so disgusting), showered, dressed, helped husband unload boxes from my car, gave myself an impressive cut on both the index and middle finger of my right hand putting one down. They hurt a lot!

Ate a Cherry Chocolate Torte Larabar on the way to church. 

After church I had a meal 2 of roast chicken on sourdough with mayo and mustard, 3 carrots, and a nectarine and then a venti iced green tea from Starbucks.

Kids ministry was a bit crazy because one of our volunteers didn't show up until half way through the service so we had the babies and the one year olds. Had to page out a couple who were not consolable. Had one little boy who would be fine and playing and then would just start crying and run over to me to get snuggles. It was so cute. I love snuggley babies. 

At home had a meal 3 of grass fed rib eye steak, sourdough toast with butter and garlic salt (too much in fact), and some green beans which I let steam too long and they got mushy.  :( I steamed the whole big bag of them too so I hope I can choke them down as leftovers. I got them perfect last week. 

After dinner husband and I sorted through the 2 boxes of Magic 2014 cards he bought. Cleaned up the kitchen from dinner. Played a little bit of Skylanders. Put my pork shoulder in the crock pot. Put laundry away. Then to bed.

Woke up a little before 3 am and just couldn't get back to sleep. Ended up reading until almost 5 am after trying to go back to sleep for almost an hour. Silly little whirring brain.

Shut the alarm off when it went off at 6:30ish and ended up sleeping until almost 8 am. Just around 7 hours. Ugh. It's been way to long since I had an 8 hour night. Need to get better at going to bed on time and finding ways to settle my brain when I wake in the night.

Overall I didn't feel too much reaction to the gluten. I do feel a bit constipated today. Definitely won't be a regular part of my diet but I can see myself having some from time to time when it is worth it.

Meal 1 today was 4 fried eggs, 1/2 acorn squash with cinnamon, coconut butter, and raisins, black coffee, kraut.

Need to get out for a 3 mile easy run. Feeling very sluggish this morning. Really want to just beg off work today and get some more stuff done around the house.

Archived