It's a New Day: KB0426's Post-Whole30

kb0426

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pjena and miss mary- are you not loving 50 degrees? :D

m2 ended up as a salad with grilled salmon and lots of greens and other stuff. I can only remember the capers. I need to add them to salads more!

m3 - well, I went out to happy hour :ph34r: . A margarita and chips and salsa later, I came home and took Paco for a walk. When I got home I had bacon and scrambled eggs.

My foot is SO much better today. I wore an old pair of running shoes that had plenty of room, including the spot where my toe had rubbed a whole in it last year. :blink: Did I look classy? No. Did my foot feel a heck of a lot better than the past 2 days. Yes!

Tomorrow is casual day so I will rock running shoes again, but I will wear my newer ones. If you are in Downtown and see a pair of bright pink Brooks running shoes, say hi :P .

Off to get ready for bed. This old lady needs her sleep. Tomorrow is my birthday!

eta: Remember those blueberry muffins I baked for co-workers a few weeks ago? Yeah, I just remembered they are in the freezer. I am practically running up the stairs and going to bed now! I don't want steamed fish and broccoli, so I am not hungry!

I was so bold as to wear my sandals today!

Not reporting my food today :). Suffice it to say I will be enjoying my birthday!

As I looked in the mirror today, doing the usual assessment, I thought that I look pretty good for a 47 year old! Then, I decided to not limit myself by age; I look damn good regardless of age!

I feel good too! Cue James Brown...

Have a great Friday!

Good morning!

It has been a busy yet relaxing Saturday so far.

Paco and I were up insanely early for a Saturday - 6am! I lounged for a bit with a cm coffee and then we took a quick 2 mile walk.

Came home, noshed on a leftover lamb chop, cleaned up and headed out for a massage, manicure and pedicure.

Now, imagine my surprise when I found out my "massager". named Lee, was a man! I had a tough time relaxing but toughed it out. :huh: I am not judging Lee by this next statement, but he was not someone you would see in the movies. He looked more like he should be working on my car than on my back. Sorry, not judging anyone who works on cars!

Anyways, it was a lovely morning and I came home hungry!

Made a salad of baby lettuce, spinach, grape tomatoes, mustard sardines and 2 poached eggs. Oh, I also made a dressing out of almond oil and red wine vinegar with a dab of mustard. Good! Also had the last of the asparagus SP soup.

Spring is finally here! The sun is shining, the windows are open, and I will be enjoying this lovely weather, then heading to the gym around 3-3:30. Planning on walking there today! Yahoo! My foot is feeling great, and I managed to save it from an assault by Lee the massager. I had mentioned to not touch my left foot and he forgot. :o

Having dinner out tonight with a friend. New restaurant to us so it should be fun.

Enjoy your day! Hope it is warm and sunny where you are!

I am LOVING natural vitamin D production!

But before I get to today, last night's dinner was fantastic!

We had a lovely bottle of Pinot Noir, bread (oh yes I did) with hummus (again, yes I did), then salmon over kale and red potatoes (mmm hmmm) with capers, and a free slice of carrot cake for the birthday girl! Burp. A bit puffy this morning, but that is to be expected I guess.

Evidence of said puffiness...this week's photo is a good reminder for me!

post-6147-0-78286500-1367165575_thumb.jp

One of these days I will have to post a cute picture where my hair is actually done, and I have makeup AND clothes on.

Paco and I were up at 6:25; he was restless and my intestines were awake. ;) Nothing crazy after last night's dinner activities surprisingly.

I was a slug for a while, sipping on coffee with coconut milk and almond oil; the jury is out on the almond oil. It is a "roasted" almond oil, so it is making it just a tad bit too savory I think.

Paco decided he needed to go out, and since I put my gym clothes on as soon as I got up (I am so smart sometimes) we headed out for a lovely 3 miles. We got home, and I then headed out on foot for the 1 mile to the gym, worked out, and headed the 1 mile home. I LOVE doing my cardio as part of the transportation process! It makes the gym visit go so fast!

Got home and immediately mainlined a tin of mustard sardines. Had 1/2 a cup of decaf and decided I was done with coffee for the day.

I then enjoyed 2 eggs poached, served with sauteed kale with raisins and a hit of maple syrup. I also had a grapefruit on the side. Definitely hit a wall eating and was full with some kale and 1/2 a grapefruit left.

For the record, kale LOVES to get stuck in my teeth. Looking forward to my next dental appt when I can tell them, YES, I am flossing every day, just to get the kale out :D .

Grocery shopping and cleaning on deck for the day. I am headed out of town on business tomorrow, so I can go a little lighter on the groceries. I may also try to find a business appropriate pair of black flat sandals to accomodate my foot. Less and less swollen, but won't come close to fitting into any of my black shoes! It is a good excuse, I guess :lol: .

Have a great Sunday!

Oh my goodness my dinner was so good tonight!

But first, after the grocery shopping, and a successful shoe shopping trip, buying shoes I should wear when I am 80 not 47, I had 2 HB eggs and a larabar. Not being whole30 I don't feel the slightest bit guilty even if larabars are whole30 compliant. They always made me feel guilty!

I finally did some cleaning around here, and tried on about 47 outfits to wear to a meeting out of town Tuesday which is duh duh dunnnn "Business Casual". This is the worst phrase ever in my book. I could just wear a dress, right? Well, every dress I put on seemed too casual or too low cut or too flirty (what can I say I like casual low cut and flirty) and I want to be taken seriously at these meetings. So, I packed the dreaded suit. I feel like it is better to be too business then too casual. And at least it will go with the shoes :wacko: .

Okay, now for dinner amazingness:

This is pecan crusted tilapia with mango blackberry salsa on a bed of wilted spinach. (Tom made me add the spinach. ;) )

I washed and dried the tilapia filet.

I pulsed pecans with a little salt until finely chopped - but before they turn into butter, of course.

Dipped tilapia in egg, then pressed on every last bit of pecan goodness. This I fried in coconut oil, flipped, then placed in a 350 degree oven to finish cooking.

The salsa was easy peasy...blackberries, mango, jalapeno, avocado, red onion, lime juice and salt. I thought I had cilantro but alas, it was parsley! Dice and mix, set aside, then top your tilapia when it is done.

I amazed myself with this one :D .

I also had some sweet potato slices on the side.

What a delicious dinner!

Off for some couch time before bed. G'night!

Ah, Monday. Such a lovely day! (I am trying to have a positive attitude.)

Working from home this morning, as I head to the airport for an overnight trip later this morning. Much better than the office :).

Paco and I got in a quick walk this morning, which was nice quality time. I am going to miss my little guy :(.

Breakfast was 3 eggs scrambled, 3 pieces of bacon (!) and leftover salsa from last night. No clue what the rest of the day's food (or tomorrow's for that matter) is going to look like. In my world, this is okay. Remember? Control my foods when I can, and relax when the choices are out of my control. :)

Enjoy your day!

Happy Wednesday!

We have snow in the forecast. Friggin May Day and there is a "winter storm warning". How can you have a winter storm when it is spring?

Enough bitching!

It is so good to be back in my own kitchen. Just 3 meals away from home was enough to make me crave my own food. Don't get me wrong; I had a lovely dinner on Monday with delicious wine. But when the sides that are ordered for the table do not include a green vegetable? Yeah, not so good.

I got home last night and had what I consider to now be my new comfort food. Chocolate chili with avocado and some kale chips.

This morning was a paleo pancake! It has been a while :ph34r: . It was good, but won't be an every day occurrence.

Off to the races!

It is so good to be back in my own kitchen. Just 3 meals away from home was enough to make me crave my own food. Don't get me wrong; I had a lovely dinner on Monday with delicious wine. But when the sides that are ordered for the table do not include a green vegetable? Yeah, not so good.

I spent a year or so travelling around Southeast Asia and it was months before I wanted to go anywhere near a restaurant. Even now I generally find restaurants disappointing, the food always sounds so much nicer than it actually ends up being.

I used to travel for work about 42 weeks a year. Back then, I would come home and crave cereal. I guess I have made some progress!

After writing that post this morning, I was tempted to plan on eating out for lunch, and realized I was nuts! I did a hybrid; I made a quick tuna salad, and got the salad bar at work. I let the cafeteria team do the veggie prep and I got my homemade mayo in ;).

sounds like my lunch, "deconstructed" salad and tuna with homemade mayo, the ease of the salad...with less chopping ;)

Sorry about the snow! You can come visit me, it's unseasonably warm in Portland.

Can I bring Paco too? He doesn't eat too much and doesn't take up a lot of space!

Dinner tonight was 2 chicken thighs and rocket salad with, shhh, red p-o-t-a-t-o-e-s. :ph34r: I know, I am post whole30 I can eat them! In reality, it was 1.5 small red potatoes with an arugula salad. It is really good and I enjoy it in the summertime. Well, in the spring that is acting like the winter when it should be getting warmer for summer. If you want the recipe, PM me and I will share. After dinner I had 2 85% lindt squares.

I was really dragging today. I am not sure if it is because I did so much the last 2 days or what, but I am looking forward to bedtime tonight! Off to lala land! G'night!

Ah Thursday...getting closer!

No snow at my house this morning! Yay!

I paleo pancaked it again this morning - two eggs, one banana, almond butter and some lovely liquid sugar ;).

Lunch will be leftovers from last night - chicken thighs, olives and arugula salad.

Dinner - not sure!

I need to get to the gym today darn it!

That is all for now! Back to work!

See why sardine marriage would be a disaster? Word pancake still makes me drool :D Love that you made a verb out of it.

Sending you gym motivation "kick" - if you go it will be warm and sunny on the weekend, but only if you go, ha!

See why sardine marriage would be a disaster? Word pancake still makes me drool :D Love that you made a verb out of it.

Sending you gym motivation "kick" - if you go it will be warm and sunny on the weekend, but only if you go, ha!

Well then I had better make it there tonight because I didn't last night! I had relationship/emotional issues last night. I am not someone that can go to the gym to work off frustrations; if only I were. Instead I went home and made a margarita. The win here is that after taking two sips, I decided that the margarita was not going to solve anything and I poured it down the sink.

Starting today with 3 eggs scrambled, 3 pieces of bacon and hopefully a better attitude!

Archived