Nadia's PW30. "Let's fix it" journey.

Nadia B

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where are you finding these recipes?? Basil fish slider sounds awesome! And what exactly is that liver heart? Tacky Adorable!

Good luck on your AI protocol! Just think about how much better you stand to feel.

Oh yea, fish sliders are cool. These are lazy ones - white fish+red fish+basil. Real version is from Urban Poser blog. So good dipped in egg and fried in almond flour. For obvious reasons - out.

Liver thing is this recipe. Used raisins and dried parsley. Interesting combination.

I am not doing full AI I think, just trying to be as close as possible. I secretly hope that I can have eggs back. I love them so much.

Day 70. ZzzZZzzzzzz

Got home after all my doctors very hungry. Made a kitchen sink soup - broth/sauerkraut/tomato/carrots. Had kale and Turkish chicken after. Awesome baharat blend but I'll tweak it next time a bit. Check this website out, it's brilliant. I want to cook everything from this website. Yumyumyum. Making this Ethiopian lamb tomorrow, my chops are really need to be cooked. Had a bowl of strawberries/blueberries and half banana after.

B98E3107-6260-4E19-A16D-ACA17128DF2E-7963-00000C24767E70AD_zps3fde321c.jpg

I was so tired, complete brain fog. Tried to read but passed out right away. Productive day. Woke up - chicken - gym (still sore and was crashing, but finished wo) - long stretch - chicken post. Nausea. Home. Made AI modified meatloaf (meat was about to expire) and crashed right away.

Now tell me please, knowledgeable people and veterans:

1. Is it normal that I can't recover from a Saturday WO for that long? What can I do to help my muscles?
  2. Why the hell I've been uber sleepy these days? My lids are steel heavy after I eat, even after the non carb loaded meal.

Day 71. Squashing away.

Didn't sleep well as predicted. Woke up tired and even more sore. I am a noodle. Maybe I am spaghetti squash for the paleo spirit's sake.

Breakfast. Sautéed kale and spinach with garlic + baked yam slices + meatloaf (suspicious chunks of something, mushrooms I guess, in the meat) + oh boy coffee. Mild bloat after. What do people drink in the morning? I love tea, but it's just not right for the morning.

0449F7A0-32EC-4B77-8247-96C8C7417BB3-7963-00000C24752C8052_zps1f5af0df.jpg

Packed lunch: zucchini/carrots/artichoke pesto + more meatloaf. Mini meal before dancing rehearsal: veal meatball + tiny avocado piece + green beans.

B47999A4-A173-4778-97E9-B8D77CCCDCBB-7963-00000C2473BB8AE6_zpsd61d8830.jpg

Not sure about dinner. It's my most dreaded meal of the day. 8 out of 10 times I feel my worst after dinners. Maybe just broth.

Now tell me please, knowledgeable people and veterans:

1. Is it normal that I can't recover from a Saturday WO for that long? What can I do to help my muscles?
  2. Why the hell I've been uber sleepy these days? My lids are steel heavy after I eat, even after the non carb loaded meal.

Yes, possible that you are still recovering from Saturday. Recovery Protocol (Sauna/Cold/Steam/Cold) by Max is to help with this. Also ice cold right after workout if you can stand it (tub full of ice cubes or ice pack on muscle in question). I wonder if maybe possibly you are working out too much or too hard? So much dance, crossfit, etc. I know for me if I workout too much I end up super sleepy and nap like the dead for half a day or more. Finally I have decided that if my body wants a long nap it is best to take one, so maybe load up on sleep for a few days and see if it helps?

Do you track your Heart Rate during workouts?

Are you feeling cold a lot?

Yes, possible that you are still recovering from Saturday.

Also ice cold right after workout if you can stand it (tub full of ice cubes or ice pack on muscle in question).

I wonder if maybe possibly you are working out too much or too hard? So much dance, crossfit, etc.

Do you track your Heart Rate during workouts?

Are you feeling cold a lot?

Oh, you are quick! I've done the "dangerous living" thing last Saturday for sure :) I think I'd die without it.

Tub full of ice. I read it over and over again trying to see if the sense of horror goes away. I guess I am not that sore after all.

It's hard to evaluate the intensity, but I count ballet and dancing as low intensity stuff - like yoga or pilates. So it comes to 1 medium wo and one hard one. I always think that I am not doing enough and if I skip a WO I am in a slight panic. I have to learn to relax and not overthink everything.

No I don't track it. Cold - yes. I am the one who will be wearing a scarf at the office when everyone is going short sleeved, my feet and hands are always cold.

Now, doctor, will I survive? :D

Tub full of ice. I read it over and over again trying to see if the sense of horror goes away. I guess I am not that sore after all.

I had the same reaction when this was suggested to me. So far I have not been sore enough to try it.

No I don't track it. Cold - yes. I am the one who will be wearing a scarf at the office when everyone is going short sleeved, my feet and hands are always cold.

If you DID monitor your heart rate, you could watch to see if heart rate recovery is not as good as usual, this is a pretty good indicator of over-exercising/ardrenal fatigue. Being cold all the time is another good one (more so if this is new/not normal for you)

Now, doctor, will I survive? :D

I prescribe take it easy, heating pad, rest and massage. :) . Dr's orders.

Day 71. Poison of choice. Evening update.

Long story short - raw aged organic Swiss cheese on sale + nuts, because cheese needs nuts. Good side - I stopped (not too effortless) after 1,5 oz of cheese and closed handful of nuts. I was satisfied. Back in days I'd eat until I feel sick. Cheese is my poison of choice. Stinky aged cheese.

Went to dancing rehearsal and wanted to turn back home 4 times on my way to school. I still made it, learned a lot and didn't feel nausea for the most part of the dancing. Bonus - moving seemed to warm the muscles and release some tension. Still sore though, mostly arms now.

Dinner was a little victory. I put tons of stuff on my plate. Then I stopped and said - you don't need this all. Don't make yourself sick. Stupid self talk, but I actually kept it light. I had cod fillet and 1 bell pepper with some roast veggies sauce. Tea and a bit of coconut flakes after.

Didn't take a picture. To make it up - here is some office fun from yesterday.8C364727-0EE2-48D0-AA58-3459CB9437DE-8922-00000D445136DDCD_zpsa1e8fe66.jpg

Day 72.

By now you should tell people that science is really not my thing. Why do you have coffee AND coconut when I am trying to figure out which one of them upsets my stomach? Not so bright not so bright :D

Breakfast: spinach/shiitake/carrots + meatloaf (yes it's cheese meted over it) + cauliflower oatmeal kinda thing (caulifloewer+cm+cinammon/vanilla). It won't trigger anything, but so so not worth the efforts. I didn't like it at all and was so happy to eat my meat and veggies. Coffee.

D06AEF17-778E-442D-968E-7069D8A27782-8922-00000D4E4DFBCB89_zps8d6743b4.jpg

Packed great food for lunch. This lamb recipe is glorious and fool proof. It's the first meat dish I've made in my entire life that tasted superb. I licked my fingers, rolled my eyes and made funny sounds. I love lamb. Love lamb. Lamb is what I love.

E19781C7-DB3E-4D48-83E6-A504A04BC4CD-8922-00000D4E7BD990AC_zps84941d3f.jpg

Mini meal if I get hungry: liver muffin+squash+carrots.

EE378247-6DED-4DF0-B77A-E6D2809B1737-8922-00000D4454E52925_zps1bbe6e96.jpg

Ballet after. I hope I won't eat all of the lamb stew straight from the container later tonight.

Day 72.

Good dinner: sauerkraut soup + neverending meatloaf + iceberg/radicchio/capers/avocado/raw cheese salad. Haven't finished the soup.

31D8E2BD-7D0D-4505-9035-2A94A4E34204-9680-00000E8CED1FEEA0_zpsef0ca691.jpg

Felt ok in terms of nausea and went to ballet class. It was a tough one but we had tons of fun. Everyone sucks at pirouettes. Had severe cramps after. Boo. Walked home and passed out.

Day 73.

Horrible sleep of 5 hours, my face is like double size. Great breakfast with no coffee: bok choy + rosemary spaghetti squash fritters (egg free!!!) + butternut squash and liver.

25D433BE-DFE9-4CF7-B380-599A72C58327-9822-00000E9FD3E30829_zps761f4156.jpg

Benefits of insomnia.

E621742D-7AEC-4E91-83B6-EA82AF055B70-9822-00000EA137F7ED49_zpse3ae0d52.jpg0C0EAAD4-700A-437B-8ACB-95152949D065-9680-00000E8CE55C8548_zps252beb01.jpg

Simple lunch: salmon + asparagus + broccoli/cauliflower. Also my yesterday mini meal as I didn't eat it.

B5863676-EF89-46FA-9B2D-93E171D50FA3-9680-00000E8CE3DCFD82_zpsb1327f01.jpg

Rest day today. I am so lost when they happen. Maybe bubble bath and movie? I really don't know what to do when I have free time. Pathetic.

Day 73. Update + avocado creep

My co-workers always thought of me as a bit of health nut as I won't eat processed stuff that each office has in plethora. Plus I started at the company 30 lb heavier and they were witnesses of those lb to come off while 80% of them have gained weight in past year. Fuss about my loss calmed down pretty quickly as my answer to their "HOW" was always very disappointing - "I watch what I eat and work out". No magic trick or pill made them think that I am just tough, doing something impossible restrictive or throw up all the time. Friday night I took it to a new level :D

I went to the supermarket downstairs to buy onions. Passing by veggies I met new guy who started couple month ago. While chatting with him I saw a guy with the trolley "reduced to clear". I said that I had to go and rushed for the cheap food chase. I wasn't alone, so by the time I reached it there was a little crowd. I got onions and came back. How funny it was to see that people took potatoes and other stuff I wont eat. Happily I got 4 bundles 80 cents WHOLE PACK - 3 heads of lettuce, bundle of chard/collard/spinach, 20 (!!!!) zuchinnis and...ready?...17 perfectly ripe avocados. I didn't take the basket for onions, so I walked to the cashier hugging my green throphies. Of course my co-worker was paying right next to me. He gave me the look. More to come wholeppl. By the moment I was done I was sooooo hungry. So I am standing on the bus stop, taking one avocado from the pack, tear a piece of skin of and smush a bit into my mouth. For real. I couldn't care less. "Is that an avocado, Nadia?" asks my damned co-worker who joins me at the bus stop. And a good avocado it is, guy who buys frozen pizza. I hope you laughed, cause I did for sure.

Had awesome dinner: lettuce with avo (clearly) + zuchinni + mint chicken.

68291495-5CB9-46C5-8448-15BF07D1F7B8-10419-00000FEB09840F92_zps760b48cd.jpg

Went for a walk, ate half banana and went to bed early. Good day.

Day 74.

Today is an awesome day because:

- I had 10 hours of sleep.

- I had good egg-nuts-coconut-caffeine free breakfast: chard + squash/garlic/mushrooms + meatloaf/guac.

904D70B1-6612-44C8-BCEB-82F55034367D-10419-00000FEB076127E7_zps2c1680b0.jpg

- I had energy for my CF-kinda inspired wo (cod fillet pre). We did 2 different sets.

First - 15 box jumps + 10 thrusters + 5 burpees. 10 rounds. I finished second after a dude. For the first time ever I felt like 10 lb dunbells are baby weights.

Second - AMRAP 10 min - 3 inchworms - 6 pushups - 9 jump squats. She said perfect amount is 20. I did 12, but I was just getting through and not trying hard enough.

- I had energy after wo (cod fillet and squash after).

- I went to see ballet Romeo and Juliette. I drank coffee with my own cm milk. I brought cut fruits and passed on ice-cream and cake everyone was having. I had great time.

- I wasn't hungry as much as I expected by 7 even though I kinda skipped lunch.

- I had awesome dinner - basil cauliflower/zuchinni mash + caramelized fennel + veal meatballs + giant lettuce with guac (I have to eat them up now aha). Some berries after.

E89FEFE6-B9A3-43E6-AC8A-D22B0C9762AA-497-0000003DDA6F1D1D_zpsb0213e88.jpg

- I forgot to take my supplements but felt alright.

- I got cutest set of cutting boards ever (8 $ only weee), perfect fit for my tiny apartment.

0D32986F-181A-48E4-B6E8-03921BE2A062-497-0000003DD8B43D6C_zps03d35a4a.jpg

- I am going out to dance! Maybe.

Cheers!

Love the cutting boards

avocado creep? - I had visions of story of creepy man doing pervy things with a ripe avocado (American pie?) ha ha my mind is in the gutter.

why don't you paste the photobucket img codes into your posts anymore?, having to click through is such a drag man...like exhausting :rolleyes:

why don't you paste the photobucket img codes into your posts anymore?, having to click through is such a drag man...like exhausting :rolleyes:

Ahah well I now I have these avocado images too!

I am anti tech girl, who doesn't have a laptop...or microwave...or TV :) Ipad sucks for editing and generous corporate internet is unavailable at the moment.

I love those cutting boards (a different color for each type of food, right? very safe).

No talk of stomach aches? nice work NB.

Thanks Mm!

Yep, there are littlle icons - meat, poultry, fish and veggies in one case. Microkitchen treasure.

I am afraid to jinx it...but it is getting better. Kombucha scoby is growing! Well it's just a thin film now, but it's growing for sure.

Day 75.

Busy day with a bit of evening f*up. So on Sunday I:

- Had breakfast hard to remember today veggies and def a piece of apple hash + chard + sardine patties. Coffee + cm, ouch. It was just ok. I don't like ok breakfasts. I like mnomnom breakfasts.

92FF9246-D874-407A-85BD-E97334E01CED-929-000001423EB2D2E3_zpse4c026a5.jpg

- Went to the doctor and was so bloated! I was happy it's still cold and everyone wears baggy coats J Picked up a bottle of kombucha in hope it will help. It did to a degree.

- Got stuck in the middle of a St. Paddy's parade and went to an amazing exhibition at the National Gallery on the way home. Giotto's panels from Florence and book pages by Brunelleschi – love.

706A245E-3AF8-480C-90F5-CED325250BDD-929-000001423FCA0575_zps6981fa49.jpg

- Completed mission destroy – broken plate, broken lid on salad spinner and broken chopper/blender. Great :mellow:

- Strangely was slightly hungry since breakfast. Cool. Dinner was spinach/beets/fennel salad + cauli/broccoli/carrot mash (wasn't really a mash as blender said bye) + meatloaf + cucumber. Good.

5920371C-2D19-486E-84B5-56131788A78A-929-000001423CD730C7_zps4162b039.jpg

- Tried to do zucchini chips in the oven. Not worth it at all. Tiny bowl of chips after long time baking and flipping each slice just to eat them on the spot.

- Turned into a vegetables cutting roasting factory. Note to myself – be more alert when the “hand to mouth†mode turns on. It's ok to try food. But I really don't need to cut a piece of sweet potato to see if it's done or not. By 10 pm I was stuffed and felt pretty gross. I know those are veggies, but I am worried about the pattern.

- Went to bed late.

Archived