July 1 Start Date - Who's with Me?!

mamaxt

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Until I can fit back into my clothes from two years ago (prior to getting divorced, leaving grad school/changing professions and moving to another state), I'm staying as true to the W30 spirit as possible. 

This means that I'm very likely to join the "July ---> Sept" crew as well. Good idea, CharDoll!

Who.is planning to.do a September whole 30?

I'm probably going to do a paleo.August with treat meals... a la 80/20 or 90/10.

We should have a July 1 goes Sept 1 group . Haha

I'm in :D ... Hide in shame for August but I'll be back with a bang for September!

@Freylah Whole grain toast with butter is very rock n roll indeed.

I am now convinced that a bacon martini would be a good thing. This could be a delusion based on lack of bacon...and martinis.

I'm sure somewhere in the world someone is serving those LOL

I'm probably going to do a paleo.August with treat meals... a la 80/20 or 90/10.

Since I'm going to continue up until my marathon in San Fran (October), you can count me 'in' for September as well.  =))  I imagine we can still type on this thread until then so that we can all find each other for the new group... yes? 

Is anybody else in cranky town again?

I think I'm grumpy because while I like the effects of the Whole30, the effort it takes is getting to be a pain. I sound so lazy. I do the cook up on Sundays, but most of my meals require sauteing which requires a pot to clean. Blah blah Blah, forgive my complaining.

Also, I ate some dried dates at a friends house and they were AMAZING and I want them so badly. Bring me all the dried DATES!

Doh! and I tested a few grains of rice today for my mom who was feeling ill. Booo!!

I think I'm grumpy because while I like the effects of the Whole30, the effort it takes is getting to be a pain. I sound so lazy. I do the cook up on Sundays, but most of my meals require sauteing which requires a pot to clean. Blah blah Blah, forgive my complaining.

Also, I ate some dried dates at a friends house and they were AMAZING and I want them so badly. Bring me all the dried DATES!

Doh! and I tested a few grains of rice today for my mom who was feeling ill. Booo!!

Connie, I'm kind of right there.  I'm trying to psych myself up for the reintro, but know that I have some events coming up where I may want to allow myself a treat.  Anyway, we went to the movies tonight, and hubby said he wasn't going to get a snack, then bought Raisinettes. I'm just completely annoyed with him for going back on what he said. I'm irrationally annoyed with him.  :/

@connie you may be cranky town BC of all the sugar in the dates..... I'd stay away if they are a food w/out brakes or if they are feeding your sugar dragon...

With all of y'all doing September...I'm in! I've really enjoyed keeping up with everyone. :D I think we should start a new thread, though, and welcome any newcomers. Think of all the support we can give after having finished our first one! :)

Tonight I made the Czech meatballs from WF, along with riced cauliflower, sauteed carrots, and half a sliced tomato. The tomato really surprised me...I haven't been a fan of raw tomatoes in the past, but it was in the fridge and I thought I'd try it. And it was delicious! Yay for finding new foods. ^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sadly I won't be making August, September, October or November. I'm having a little overseas travel spree (4 countries in 4 months) during that time and it will be impossible to do W30. However, that doesn't mean that I'm going to go silly with eating. I'm going to do the reintroduction program in August and see what pushes my buttons. Then when I'm away I will stick as closely as I possibly can to the new eating regime.

Thanks for all that background Jenna. Save me having to read her book!

No worries! I think its still a great book, and her story is really inspiring and mirrors what a lot of people here have experienced - major health crash/scare, then a massive research/experimentation mission to find out if/which foods have caused health problems, then doing something about it and sticking to it. But its important to remember its ultimately quite personal. Her advice is based on her experiences with her hashimotos and her body (which is then backed up by science), as opposed to the Hartwigs who come from a science-based, overall what's best for everyone background, which they then experimented on themselves with. I also like how she's said just because she's fructose free doesn't mean she's not eating chocolate again, which I can associate with! The chocolate book and normal cookbook will have some great compliant options, but also some good 'cleaner' options for off-roading, and I like having that resource up my sleeve.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sadly I won't be making August, September, October or November. I'm having a little overseas travel spree (4 countries in 4 months) during that time and it will be impossible to do W30. However, that doesn't mean that I'm going to go silly with eating. I'm going to do the reintroduction program in August and see what pushes my buttons. Then when I'm away I will stick as closely as I possibly can to the new eating regime.

@mimiigo

"Sadly"?!?!?! That's hardly a word I would use to describe a 4 month stint in Europe!!!

Good news is Europe has plenty of meat, veggies, fruits and high quality cheese if you add dairy back in). The real.challenge will lie in staying away from baguette, pan, pane, pasta, fusilli, helado, gelato, crepe etc.

Which countries and cities? (Totally not jealous at all...hehe)

Yep, did a little something for myself and got a haircut!

I did a little something for myself and got a massage! Then enjoyed dinner outside at a Thai restaurant. Papaya, jicama greens salad with grilled shrimp with fish sauce, lime and chili dressing. Was probably lacking some fat but Yummmmmmooooo. And I felt great afterwards so must've been compliant! Haha

So funny to read the comments about feeling cranky! I have been too for the last couple of days. Work stress + bad seasonal allergies + boredom in the kitchen (mostly a result of lesser ingredients from meager funds) = a one way ticket to cranky town. 

Last night, I had three fried eggs and beets for dinner. Not an awesome meal, but it sufficed. Then I plunked myself down on the couch and tore through a book and started a second. Feeling much happier (though still full of craptastic allergies) this morning. 

Day 25! Woohoo!!

Hair cuts and massages...what other ways are you rewarding yourselves for W30 success? I cut my hair and have gotten a pedicure. My vacation in early August will be my reward. Though it'd be kinda cool to get another tattoo...

Archived