Physibeth's Post-W30 Log

Physibeth

I am late on catching up. Are you feeling better? I found that whole-whatever reduced frequency of flu/viruses by 80%. Amazing how strong our body can be with proper support. Your meals sound so good and I want this book more and more :)

I admire your ability to turn off judgement or any kind of emotional response to your husband's eating habits. I would imagine it's quite hard to not let it interfere in your relationship. I find it so hard to see that I can help, but abstaining because the person is not asking for my advice/help. I am so over "let me save the world" mode (classic I guess). Bravo for you, wise little woman :)

P.S Can I get the spinach lasagna recipe in my inbox by any chance  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am late on catching up. Are you feeling better? I found that whole-whatever reduced frequency of flu/viruses by 80%. Amazing how strong our body can be with proper support. Your meals sound so good and I want this book more and more :)

I admire your ability to turn off judgement or any kind of emotional response to your husband's eating habits. I would imagine it's quite hard to not let it interfere in your relationship. I find it so hard to see that I can help, but abstaining because the person is not asking for my advice/help. I am so over "let me save the world" mode (classic I guess). Bravo for you, wise little woman :)

P.S Can I get the spinach lasagna recipe in my inbox by any chance  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

I am feeling a lot better...hopefully another good nights sleep will take care of it. I do get sick a lot less too. It's hard for me to never get sick because I spend 2 hours every Sunday with a room full of children under 2 years old. I figure it is overall good for the immune system though. :) I'm sure the gym doesn't help either.

I knew what my husband's eating habits were when we got married and he has watched me take my journey into much healthier eating than my previous SAD diet as well and I know he sees the difference it makes for me. He is completely supportive of me and that helps. It also helps that I have no desire to eat his "food" anymore. I'm trying to model by example and do the best I can. He is extremely picky but where he seems to not notice I've used healthier options. Patience I hope will be rewarded. :)

The recipe is online though it has different cheese options than in the book but the rest of the recipe looks pretty much the same as the book: http://www.againstallgrain.com/2012/06/29/grain-free-lasagna-with-noodles/ Like I said I used ricotta cheese but the recipe in the book calls for the nut cheese recipe in the book. I definitely think it is a book you would like and a pretty good investment. I've cooked from it a lot in a short amount of time. 

I am envious of your sleep! 

My husband is mostly supportive of my healthy eating as long as it doesn't affect him too much.  He did have a mini freak out last week when the t-bones I made were inedible (after the rib eye and sirloin were also inedible).  Once he calmed down from his "why do you have to be on this health kick" rant, we decided we probably got a bum cow because the last cow we had was also grass fed and wasn't tough as leather.  He calmed down and agreed that vegetables and healthy food is good but he wants a new cow. :)

If the steaks are too tough you might try marinading them. Does sound like you got some pretty tough meat. I've had good luck with rib eye. I've read that time of year that the animal was slaughtered can make a difference too.

I need to take advantage of this no kid time I have to get all the sleep I need when I need it. :)

I tried everything, including marinating.  Nothing worked.  It's a bad cow.

Yep, get all the sleep you can!  My kids still get up at 6 every morning, regardless of how late they were up.  Soon, they will be teenagers, though, and I'll have to drag them out of bed if I want them up before Noon. 

Possibly Jen, though when I was in high school I was up as soon as my alarm went off because I had such bad insomnia. At least they are getting to be old enough so they can be up and you don't have to be.

Yesterday was a pretty good day. Decided to skip community group because I was feeling tired and I didn't want to get any of the kids sick right before school starts. Ended up staying at work until after 7 because I was hoping my boss would reply on a problem we were discussing and I didn't get hungry for dinner until almost 7. Went to the grocery store for a couple of things (mostly more eggs...still no pastured ones and not even the omega 3 ones this time! Today should be delivery day so going after the gym tonight). Got home and my husband was already fast asleep (at 9 which is so early for him) so fed the cats and got in bed myself. Read until about 11:30 and it still took about 10 minutes to fall asleep even though I was dropping the book on my face. Slept until just before 3 and woke up and was pretty wide awake. I alternated between dozing and being wide awake for over an hour and then decided to just read until I started falling asleep on my own (around 6) and then slept until my husbands alarm went off at 8. Overall got about 7.5 hours of sleep. It is pouring down buckets so I think I'll save my 2 mile run until after pump tonight and do it on the dreadmill. 

Yesterday:

M1: 4 fried eggs, 1/2 acorn squash with coconut butter and raisins (practical paleo), black coffee

M2: 3 lamb & spinach muffins (well fed), mayo, mashed cauliflower

Exercise: Walked to Starbucks and back with my friend and her son (about 1.5 miles round trip) had a grande iced americano

Kombucha

M3: Citrus-cumin chicken (against all grain) 2 small legs and a thigh, mayo, zoodles with marinara sauce

Had an orange cremescicle when I got home, had a slice of grass fed cheddar, a slice of bacon, and a couple of forkfuls of raw fermented ginger carrots around 11 because my tummy was unsettled. Had another slice of bacon around 4:30 am because my tummy was rumbling. Still felt hungry when I got up this morning. Not sure what the deal was last night but something in the later half of the day made me all stopped up.

You are so nicely IN it - meaning you are eating and exercising and sleeping and just moving forward so solidly.  It's good for me to read and absorb.  Hope your system clears itself out and you get in  good workout and run this evening.  Raining buckets sounds like a wonderful morning to stay in!

You are so nicely IN it - meaning you are eating and exercising and sleeping and just moving forward so solidly.  It's good for me to read and absorb.  Hope your system clears itself out and you get in  good workout and run this evening.  Raining buckets sounds like a wonderful morning to stay in!

Thanks for the compliment. I definitely feel I have places I can improve but I also feel this is normal for me now. Removing the language of "good" "bad" and "cheat" from how I talk about my food choices has helped me a lot. Considering I've struggled with food sneaking and binging for most of my life I feel pretty good about where I am now both physically and psychologically. I'm going to a wedding on Saturday which will be a pretty good test of my resolve. I'm already a bit anxious about going to NH to visit family for a week for Thanksgiving but am front loading the month with a W20 and going to do a W7 or W14 when I get back. I put it on my calendar and everything. :)

Sadly I can only use the rain as an excuse during the summer as "raining buckets" will quickly become normative as fall and winter approach. I'm feeling a little cheated out of my summer with all this late August rain (it is definitely unseasonable) but we did get our summer earlier (late June) this year. Usually it rains up until July 5th. Oh Seattle. :)

Woot! Was able to get into our new apartment again today (now that the previous tenants are out) and take measurements and pictures so we can make better decisions about all our furniture and stuff. Our 2nd bedroom (office) is going to be tough to figure out I think...but we can do it. Definitely glad I did it too as there are definitely things I remembered different and the pantry closet is currently configured like a coat closet. :huh: They are going to try and get that fixed for us. Yay! :D 

OMG though our fridge is so tiny. I think I'm taller than it is. :( Definitely not going to be able to buy all my meat at the beginning of the month anymore. 

Good morning folks! Had a pretty good day yesterday! Fixed a bug at work (yay!) and got some more testing done, got more information on the apartment, and had an awesome Body Pump class and 2 mile run. Hit the grocery store on the way home and finally got my good eggs. I'm starting to wonder if they are not going to stock the other pastured eggs (that get fed soy) anymore. If that is the case I need to make sure I get there every Thursday night (that is the delivery day for my lovely soy free eggs). I think they raised the price by a dollar as well.  :wacko: I really need to start asking around to see if I can find soy free eggs from a friend. Even if I could get part of what I eat in a week for cheaper it would save me money. Something to look into once we move. 

Slept pretty well last night. Fell asleep reading (to the point that my kindle had gone into power save mode). Once I turned out the light, put away my glasses, and put on the zeo I fell asleep again in about 3 minutes and slept without waking until around 6 this morning. Tried to go back to sleep but my brain turned on and it just wasn't happening. About 7 hours of sleep.

I feel like I ate a TON of food yesterday but I never felt stuffed and I woke up hungry and ready to eat this morning.

Food/movement for yesterday:

M1: 4 eggs, kale, bacon, black coffee

Stopped at TJs on the way to work and ended up buying the dried mango which I ate some of before M2

M2: 2 grass fed hot dogs with mayo and mustard, medium baked sweet potato, lettuce salad with homemade vinaigrette

8 oz black coffee (island coconut flavored from my keurig), kombucha, finished bag of mangos, probably should have eaten all 4 hot dogs.

M3: can of yellowfin tuna in olive oil with mayo, medium salad cucumber (not sure what makes it a salad cucumber...that is just what my invoice calls it), 3 carrots

Exercise: 1 hour Body Pump class (release 84), 2 mile easy run on the dreadmill (didn't feel all that easy after all those squats and lunges but my HR stayed in the recovery zone)

Bought and consumed a bag of apple chips with cinnamon (organic apples and organic cinnamon only ingredients) on the way home from the grocery store. 

Ate last 3 of my egg muffins (from Paleo Lunches and Breakfasts on the Go) and a small scoop of coconut butter when I got home before bed.

What a great sounding day!  I've never even thought about the chickens being fed soy.  Is that the normal thing for most eggs at the store?  (I could google this one I'm sure)  We don't have many options where we live so we get the ones that say cage free, but I know that's not saying much.  

I too slept well.  It was nice.  I also went to a zumba class last night and I have to say that, in part, it was because I've been reading your posts.  

Last year ,after losing 40 pounds, I participated in a sprint triathlon and loved it.  Then I hurt my knee and foot and blah blah blah. But I loved training for it and hope to do so again. 

Hope today goes just as well.

I do believe most chicken feed has soy in it yes. Best you can do is better than no eggs as far as I'm concerned. I got the cage free + omega on Sunday because that was the best they had. I just got straight cage free on Wednesday. My beloved soy free pastured were there yesterday though and I bought 3 dozen. 

Glad I can inspire activity in others! I did 3 sprint triathlons the first time I lost all the weight (before I got married and gained it all back) and that was what ultimately got me into running. I prefer just running now because the bike portion of the triathlon scares me. Too many people going too fast and aggressive. I do have a beautiful pink road bike that has not been ridden since 2008. I'm hoping that living closer to work might bring biking back into the picture. It needs a tune up.

Been splitting my time between work items and getting stuff ready for move today. Got our storage unit reserved and called the movers. Sadly the movers are booked up on Saturday the 14th so we will have to do the 15th. Guess we get another whole day to pack and maybe move the more delicate things over ourselves. Also looking into our cable/internet options so I can arm myself for doing battle with Comcast and hopefully come away with a better rate.

Really hope I can make some real progress this weekend on all the packing and sorting stuff. Thank goodness for a 3 day weekend!

Reading your fears of biking makes me realize just how small town my sprint marathon was.  There were maybe 30 people at best.  We did have to share lanes in the local pool for our mile swim, but there was no jostling or neck in neck stuff along the run or bike (well, least not for the slow pokes).  There were no special tri suits or even special bikes.  When I googled triathlons the other day I was overwhelmed by the size of the events, but still think it would be fun to aspire to - and a good excuse for some travel.

Moving is a huge process - the worst I think is when you open yet another cabinet, drawer or closet and see even more stuff.  I try to pack up that stuff first just so I won't experience that feeling, but inevitably there is some place that I forgot.  Good luck to you on this weekend - hope the weather is cold enough to want to be indoors and cool enough to not get too hot moving things and, most of all, not raining!

Well we are not moving this weekend. Next weekend we will be moving stuff to our storage unit and the weekend after that we will be moving to our apartment. Then we have another 2 weeks to clean and deal with the odds and ends. The tough part of this move is going from a pretty large house to a 2 bedroom apartment. We HAVE to get rid of stuff. Need to be productive this weekend no matter what the weather may bring. ;)

We are trying Jen. I hope we can scrape together the money to buy a forever home in the next year or two. I wish I had known more about budgeting and spent more time thinking about long term financial goals when I first got out of college. I also wish I had not bought my condo when I did (height of the market) and had sold it before things crashed. Oh well. We are continuously making better choices about our finances. Everything is clear in hindsight all we can do is learn and move forward.

Yesterday was a pretty good day. Got into work at a reasonable time, got some good work done as well as progress on moving arrangements. Got home late because I had to go pick up some shampoo/conditioner from my friend. The dirty poo just isn't cutting it with the purple hair dye so going back to the commercial stuff for a couple of months and then will return to the dirty poo again. Probably should have done some chores when I got home but was sleepy. Had to stay up because a customer was coming over after the fair closed for the night to pick up some stuff she ordered from me. Went straight to bed after that. Fell asleep quickly and woke only once in the night around 2:30. 7.5 hours of sleep total. On deck for today is a 13 mile run, whatever chores I can get done between 1 and 2:30 and a wedding tonight that is an hour drive south of here (give or take). Much less snacking yesterday! 

I have to say that one of the results of my husbands trip to Germany is that he has been keeping a fairly normal sleep schedule since he got back. Usually he likes to stay up until the wee hours of the morning on Friday and then sleep until 1 or 2 pm on Saturday. Last night he came to bed when I went to bed and he got up around 8 am with me. It's kind of weirding me out.  :)

Food Yesterday:

M1: 4 eggs, kale, bacon, black coffee, few forkfuls of ruby red kraut

M2: 3 lamb & spinach muffins with mayo, medium baked sweet potato with coconut butter

8 oz black coffee & Kombucha

M3: 2 slices spinach and sausage lasagna, lettuce salad with homemade vinaigrette and a little bit of mayo

orange cremescicle

Good morning! September 1st so I got the scale out and the tape measure out. I was a little anxious about weighing the day after both a long run and a wedding. 182.4 so down another 1.2 lbs for the month. My tape measure showed all the same but I don't measure that little roll between my bellybutton and my natural waist and I feel that it has been getting smaller. Regardless of any of those numbers I'm still feeling well nourished and healthy so that is what matters. :)

My run went really well yesterday and I managed to average just a little faster than my goal. Wish I would have gotten out a little earlier as I finished around noon on a completely sunny day. Luckily the wind was crisp so that balanced the sun out a lot.

Wedding was a lot of fun! Sadly the shoes I ended up wearing were not great for swing dancing so I didn't dance as much as I would have liked. The wedding favor was a See's candy in a box. I opened it up thinking it might be worth it. Saw it was white chocolate which I don't really like. Smelled it and it smelled a little like mint which I do like. Put it on top of the box and stared at it for a while and then decided it was not worth it any put it back in the box. Food options were pretty narrow so I did the best I could and I did have a small piece of cake that was oh so sweet! Had sparkling cider for the toast. Got home around midnight, collapsed into bed, read for a very short time, and was out like a light by 12:30. Slept 7.5 hours only getting up once around 2:30. Poor husband came home when I was in deep sleep and apparently I said some weird stuff to him in my mostly asleep stupor. He said I was babbling all night. 

Yesterday's Eats/Exercise:

M1 (pre-WO): 4 fried eggs, bacon, black coffee

Exercise: 13 mile run

M2: 2 grass fed hot dogs with mayo and mustard, 3 carrots, a pile of ruby red kraut, bottle of kombucha, orange cremescicle

Wedding:

Appetizers: Raw veggies with a drizzle of ranch (carrots, cucumbers, broccoli, asparagus), assorted cheese, grapes and some mango, little bit of salmon (they had a whole fish on the table that was cooked (smoked?) and skinned) - skipped the crackers as not worth it.

Main Meal: Good portion of caesar salad minus the croutons and took two lemon slices instead of the dressing, small scoop of a sun dried tomato pesto pasta dish...mostly wanted to grab the artichokes, roasted veggies with parmesean cheese, small scoop of a rice pilaf with cranberries in it, skipped the bread and white butter, 2 chicken breasts that were swimming in dijonaise sauce (got as much off as possible). 

Dessert: Small piece of chocolate cake with raspberry filling and buttercreme frosting. Had fondant on it too which I nibbled at and decided wasn't worth finishing. Someone at our table made a mini snowman out of theirs. Half a champagne flute of sparkling apple cider.

Oh my gosh - you did GREAT at the wedding!  Too bad about the shoes - swing dancing is a lot of fun, but not in the wrong shoes :).  Sounds like a good wedding and a good day.  Another pound off is also really good.  I once read that Tom said he lost .5 pounds every couple weeks (Oh my gosh - I'm probably remembering wrong and quoting wrong and starting misinformation!) - well, I remember that he said he lost a seemingly small amount, but it continued consistently and just added up.  I'd be cool with that happening to me!!  A 13 mile run sounds like an absolutely fantastic accomplishment for a Fall Sunday.  Hope you enjoy and enjoy the good healthy eating afterwards.

Another pound of is totally acceptable! I would rather slow, steady, sustainable weight/fat loss than getting it off fast and gaining it all back again. It would be nice if I could rescue a few more items of clothing from my pre-wedding box this fall/winter. We shall see. I'm still pretty solidly in a size 12 at Old Navy (14 for some cuts and at cheaper stores like Target) and most of what I was wearing before we got married was 8/10. I wore size 14 all last winter though...so I will need new clothes regardless.

Yesterday was pretty good though I felt kind of tired all day. I need to drink more water on Sundays. Our guest preacher this week was Dr. Eric Mason and his message was awesome! Kids were only slightly crazy at the 4pm. Still couldn't get my friends' baby to calm down for me and he spit up on me to boot. 

Had every intention of doing some cleaning/packing last night. So didn't happen. Husband and I need to get it together today or we are going to be in deep doo doo. ;)

Did play some Magic online with husband and some Star Wars the Old Republic. Went to bed too late. Started falling asleep on the kindle but then couldn't actually go to sleep so read some more. Finally got to sleep around 1 am. Slept straight through until around 6:30 and then dozed again until a little after 7. Just under 6 hours of sleep. Boo! 

Going to head into the gym for my only Body Pump class this week. My half marathon is on Sunday so I don't want to be too hard on my legs leading up to it. Will do pump today and I have an easy run scheduled for Tues and Wed and a short speedwork run on Thur. Hopefully we can find enough people to help us move things into storage on Sat that I don't undo a good taper week lifting a bunch of stuff. I'd rather be in charge of packing and directing while boys do the heavy lifting that day. ;)

Food Yesterday:

M1: 4 eggs, kale, bacon, black coffee

M2: Lunch at Cactus (as usual) - had chicken fajitas (with no bell peppers), rice, beans, sour cream, cheese, guac, corn tortillas, lettuce, onions. Yum! Had the mango iced tea again. I think this makes me sleepy and maybe I won't order it again. The kitchen messed up all the special requests at our table so our server (who is so awesome we request her every week) gave us free desert which I so didn't need. It was like bananas foster with a coconut ice cream. It was so good but I really didn't need more sugar after the wedding. 

M3: Husband was supposed to grill last night but I wasn't super hungry when I got home and he didn't want a whole steak so I put them in the fridge to eat today and made him a hot dog and heated up my last piece of spinach sausage lasagna and finished it off with a bottle of kombucha.

So glad I went to pump this morning. Was just what I needed. Glad I didn't get there much later either as it was packed! I met our group fitness manager today too after class which is good as she will be my boss if I pass my WIM training. She's super nice!

Stopped at PCC on the way home (in all my sweaty glory). Ran into some friends who were kind enough to chat with me even though I was all gross. ;) Got a pastured chicken to throw in my crock pot, some more hot dogs (I might need to ween myself off of these), more eggs (I've vowed to buy at least 2 dozen when ever they are in stock while I'm in the store), talking rain water, canned pineapple to make these http://nomnompaleo.com/post/59984007192/lava-flow-ice-pops, and of course kombucha. I also got an iced cold brew coffee and some dried mango for my post workout drive home.  :ph34r:

Taking a little rest and eating then must clean and pack all the things!

Ugh, it's almost 5 am and I've been awake for like an hour and a half. My tummy feels rumbly...a little nauseous. I really really don't want to puke. I really really don't have time to be sick. Maybe something I ate? I did buy some organic ice cream bars yesterday and ate 2 in the course of the day. It was so hot and I was getting so much done.

I just want to sleep. 

I hope you aren't sick! 

Great job at the wedding deciding what was worth it or not.  I tried to do that at the fair.  I didn't have more than 2 bites of anything except the cookies.  The cookies are worth it and they were my birthday cake, so I ate as many as I wanted.  The leftovers went into the freezer to dole out in lunch boxes for special treats. 

And good luck with your 1/2!

Thanks ladies! Finally managed to go back to sleep and stayed in bed until almost 9 so ended up with almost 8 hours total but not the most restful night. Tummy still feels a little off. I just looked more closely at the ingredients for the ice cream bars and damn it there is soy lecithin in the chocolate coating. That was probably the trigger. I guess I'll have to throw the last one out. Why does chocolate need soy lecithin in it??? Grrr!

Other than my sleep issues last night yesterday was a great day. I let myself play a few games of magic while I ate lunch and then cleaned up the kitchen, cleaned the cat boxes, put away my load of laundry, cleaned the bathrooms, finished writing out my September goals checklists in my planner, and went to town on packing/sorting. Took a full carload of stuff to good will and made a stop at Fred Meyer to get husband provisions and more trash bags and those silly ice cream bars. Gave myself another little magic break while I consumed an ice cream bar and went right back to work. Another break for dinner and then I cleaned up from dinner, played a little more magic, took my 2nd shower of the day, and went to bed.

One exciting thing I discovered yesterday. I have a lambswool coat with a fox fur lined hood that I love! My mom bought it for me when I lost all the weight the first time. I've not been able to wear it since the first year we were married. Yesterday I was able to zip it all the way up. Yay! I love this coat so much and I'm excited I'll get to wear it again this year!

Food/Movement Yesterday:

M1: 4 eggs, kale, bacon, raw cheddar, black coffee

Exercise: Body Pump

Snack: 16 oz cold brew coffee, bag of dried mangos

M2: 4 grass fed hot dogs with mayo and mustard (yes I know...no veggies...lame meal)

Clean and pack all the things

Snack: Evil soy containing organic ice cream bar

Clean and pack all the thigns

M3: Grass fed rib eye steak, broccoli with salt and evoo (enough to fill the other half of my plate), another evil soy containing organic ice cream bar

Archived