Sara's Post W30

SaraRuns

Glad your Feb was good. I was just thinking today I will do a whole next Feb. I liked the timing. That new year feeling without residual holiday goings on of Jan, but before spring kicks in. It's new beginnings without the pressure, I guess I'm saying.

Maybe you'll get some melting this week? Our streets were running like streams today, the gutters sounded like waterfalls. Everything was melting. Made me happy.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beets - February definitely seems like a better reset month than January.  We are melting like crazy, finally!  It was great to get outside for a run yesterday and hear the melting, ah!

Got in a run and yoga yesterday - Day 66 (3/9).  A little sore from the hills, but that is to be expected after months of treadmill.  32 days until my race!

• Moderators

I've been thinking about W30 timings, too. January worked great for me, actually--a real reset at the start of the year was so helpful for me after the holidays. The holidays weren't terrible for me, though I did, and will probably always, drink more during that stretch between Thanksgiving and New Year's than I do the rest of the year. And then I did my usual series of cleanses in February, which ended up extending my W30. I might make it an annual thing.

Then the other big critical mass W30 happens in August, but August is terribly timing for me because I always travel in August. But September is a nice post-summer reset. 

I kind of like the idea of regular planned W30s. Twice a year seems like a good number to me.

Sorry to hijack your log, Jen Sara! Still so happy you're continuing to be in the groove with running and yoga!

Hijack away, LadyM!  But I'm Sara.   :P

Honestly, I don't know that I would do a full on W30 again.  I know it has been great for some of you.  But I think I got a bit disordered when doing full on W30.  My life became about eating.  I don't like that.  That doesn't mean there aren't aspects that I think are very good for me, mentally and physically, obviously as I'm still here.

Thanks, it feels good to be back on track with activity!

• Moderators

Hijack away, LadyM!  But I'm Sara.   :P

I knew that! Slip of the finger. . . . sorry!

I hear you about the obsession thing with W30. It makes sense to me, and I'm glad you're finding what works for you!

LadyM - Ha!  I knew you knew.

Yoga Day 67 (3/10)  Temps are still up although we got some rain yesterday.  Good for clearing out the snow!

Eating is feeling on track, wine is on track.  Fighting off the remnants of a cold.  Husband is pretty sick, so I'm hoping not to follow him.  We have a wedding upcoming this weekend.  So I'll need to work in workouts around that.  Aiming for a 10 miler this weekend, probably on Saturday morning before the wedding.

Yoga DAy 68 (3/11)

Still fighting this cold.  Husband is down for the count, out half of yesterday and took today off as well.  My son wants to know why my husband gets to stay home while we made him go to school last week.  I told my son that he and I are tough, and his dad is a wimp.  :P

Otherwise, things are quiet, much like these boards...

Yoga Day 72 (3/15)

Feeling much better, finally.  Still a little sniffy, but that I can deal with.  Luckily I never felt as badly as my husband.

Weekend eating was fine.  Had a couple extra drinks at the wedding, but nothing major and felt fine yesterday.  Back on track yesterday and did a nice long yoga session, instead of my normal 20 minutes or under.

Yoga Day 73 (3/16)  Funny thing about the yoga, I don't even think about it now.  I just do it.  Guess a habit has been made.  One thing that makes it easier than a running streak is when I do a shorter practice, I don't have to shower after.  If I ran a mile, I would have to shower, which makes the time so much longer than just the workout.  And I haven't even resorted to counting the desk yoga I've been trying to do midday - it seems to help with stiffness in my neck/shoulders.

Food is fine.  Got in a run and did my yoga last night.  It was great to be able to do another run outside.  Husband is leaving for a long trip on Saturday, that should mess with my schedule!  ;)

Yoga Day 74 (3/17)

Happy Birthday to Me!  :)   41 has a little less fanfare than 40.

Excited to have some new curtains up in our family room.  Now we are investigating tie back options.  Trying not to think about the crazy lego project I have going on in my family room.  We are trying to see if we can sell some sets, so they need to be put together to make sure we have all the pieces.  It is a giant mess!

My son is insisting that my husband must take him to get me a gift tonight after karate, so I should have a bit of extra time for yoga.  Since my family room is impossible right now (no access to dvd), I'll have to youtube it, so I guess I'll put two shorter practices together, unless someone has a suggestion for something free around 40 minutes.

Food is fine, digestion is mostly okay, a little off which I think is due to my almost gone cold, feeling very dry so I'll try to up water today.

Happy birthday!

A little less fanfare than 40, true. Mine is coming. My friend told me it was worse than 40 and my hsuband said the same. Eh. I'm ok. I'm repeating my little saying from one of the meditation talks I heard. "It is my nature to be old. It is my nature to die." Seems depressing but it helps focus on the moment and the day and the here and now instead of fretting about getting older.

Your yoga habit is awesome. I'm also impressed. I started but clearly I didn't establish the habit. Maybe some day. That is such a great achievement.

LadyM - Come on over, we've got plenty to share.

Lego situation is somewhat resolved, at least they have been sorted and relegated to a corner of the family room.

Day 79 Yoga (3/22)

Eating over the weekend was good.  My 10 miler on Friday really wiped me out, even yesterday I was feeling pretty exhausted, but still managed to do a 6 miler.  My race is quickly approaching...  Continuing on with the yoga, although I think Brian Kest may be trying to kill me.  ;)

Husband is in FL until sometime this coming weekend, so I will be on full time until then.  Some crying Saturday and Sunday, but not too horrible.

• Moderators

Who was crying Saturday and Sunday? You?

I'll be right over to play legos and do yoga, Sara! I might be coming to Philly and Lancaster in May, so we'll see. . . . 

10 miles? I'm impressed! And I know for a fact Brian is not trying to kill you. Just do what you can.  :D

I'm assuming it was your son upset?  He hates to have his Dad go, doesn't he?   :(

LOL about the yoga video!  With the help of the teacher, I got myself into full king pigeon!  Usually I can only get as far as mermaid.  That was super fun!

Yes, it was my son crying, missing his Dad.

LadyM - Come on over, I'm only about an hour and a half from Philly!

I know he isn't actually trying to kill me, but wow, sometimes it really does feel that way.  But is good for me to stretch a bit, take on a little more.  I like to get those challenging practices (for me) in at least once a week.

Jen - Had to google that pose, that is awesome that you can do that!  I can't even get my front knee square in regular old pigeon pose.  My hamstrings and hips are so tight from running.  Slowly but surely getting more flexible though...

Yoga Day 80 (3/23)

Yesterday was off the rails for me in many ways.  I blew up my Lenten challenge of trying to act with love instead of negatively, especially when driving.  Blaring horn, double middle finger salute, agitation - definitely not acting with love.  Then I had some issues with my son.  Then I proceeded to overindulge in wine, which led to baked scoops and hummus.  :rolleyes:   And late to bed.  

I have some explanations - AF is on her way, I was starving all day yesterday and did not feed myself properly, my son wasn't feeling well and is stressed about his Dad being away, plus he is supposed to have his big test for the next belt in karate (which includes testing on all the belts he has completed) this week.  Explanations, but honestly, in some ways I was having an F it kind of day.  It didn't feel great.  Really annoying because I am finally making some progress with my weight.  Self sabotage?  I'm not sure.

Anyway, I have decided to move forward and not beat myself up.  I am going to eat extra food if I'm hungry (and I brought extra to work, so I can eat food that will make me feel good).  I am going to pass on wine tonight, not as a punishment for overindulging yesterday, but to be kind to myself.  I have a new chamomile tea I've been wanting to try.  I'm going to pass on tv and indulge in some reading (I'm on the last book of a 14 book series).  I'm going to go to bed early. Which should set me up for a great rest of the week.  My sister is coming up on Wednesday with my 2 year old niece and I want to enjoy them and not be all mental!  :)

Archived