Starting July 1st

misti

Feeling pretty good here.  I did my deadlift workout this AM, had poached eggs (4) and an overflowing bowl of cukes with Salt and Pepper (you make me want to Shoop!).  I always love it when you hit a groove and feel like 110%.

Cheers

DJ

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woke up this morning with a migraine - am trying to avoid my RX meds due to side effects so went to take an OTC med, but the label only listed the active ingredients. Called the 800 number on the bottle to try to find out the inactive ingredients (to make sure there is no cornstarch or rice, etc.) got a recording saying to leave my number and someone would call me back. Have now been waiting an hour to find out if this med is okay for me to take - ughhhhhh

I am also a migraine sufferer and that is what started me Paleo in 2012.  The first month I was paleo I used the Practical Paleo template and I went from 12-15 headaches a month to 6.  That was a NSV.  In 2015 after following Paleo and on my 3rd W30 I now have one migraine every other month and usually because I ate something I shouldn't have.  This will get better, I promise you.  In the meantime while you are trying to ride out your headache today drink lots of water and you can use either heat or cold or both depending on what works for you. I will jump in a hot shower and let the shower run on my neck and then I climb into bed with an icepack for the forehead and go to sleep in a very dark room.  On occassion I will have to take my RX meds because it is so bad - I use Axert. But since they are about $40 a pill, I try not to if I don't have to.  Good luck.

Day 6 and I am feeling the tiger blood sooner than my other W30s. Eating the right food is easy.  Eating to schedule pretty easy.  Not eating when I am not hungry is not always easy. NSV - I looked up at the jar of pecans in my office and my brain immediately said I want some of those and I asked myself if I was really hungry or did I just want to crunch.  I just wanted to crunch.  Big step for me to delay my gratification. It will soon be time for lunch and the sauted brussel sprouts/bacon fat and grilled hamburger with avocado and baby potatoes with parsley and ghee and a few cherries will be perfect!

Hello everyone. Day 3 my husband took me on a surprise weekend to celebrate our wedding day. Sorry guys I joined the July 6th group and will start again. I know I can do this, like I did last year. So I wish you guys all the luck as I start my Day 1 while youre day 6 starts!

We can do this!

Just think of those first few days as a practice run. Good luck with round 2! Oh, and Happy Anniversary!

Day 6, staying strong so far! Feeling pretty tired, partially due to lack of sleep over the holiday weekend, even though I tried to get as much as I could! Had a horrible time falling sleep last night, which is very irregular for me... Anyone else? Also, my arms have felt like dead weights the past few days, seriously it's difficult to lift the, over my head, they got tired braiding my hair and even pouring food out of a pot into a dish...the best way to describe it is they feel heavy and like my muscles just aren't working. Does anyone else have this or is it possibly unrelated to the whole 30?

Did you eat a lot of fruit yesterday by any chance? Are you taking a magnesium supplement? And are you inlcuding enough fat & starchy veg? All of these things will impact sleep and energy levels in one way or another.

If you'd like to post a few days worth of your food/liquid intake along with activity levels we may be able to make some tweaks...

Feeling pretty good here.  I did my deadlift workout this AM, had poached eggs (4) and an overflowing bowl of cukes with Salt and Pepper (you make me want to Shoop!).  I always love it when you hit a groove and feel like 110%.

Cheers

DJ

Ditch the fat from your postWO meal and you might feel like 120% . And if you deadlifted & skipped your postWO meal & went straight for meal one try adding a postWO meal in there too and you might feel like 150%  ;)

Ok so there is cornstarch in the OTC migraine meds - trying to weather this out med free now - good thing I don't have to go to work as it looks like it will be a dark room for me for a while

Get some tylenol for next time (which there hopefully won't be obviously!). The NSAIDs can be hard on the stomach.

I've been in a boot for a broken bone in my foot the past month. I just got back from the doctor and the x-ray shows healing (yay), but not enough (boo), so he said another 3 weeks in this damn boot. Grrr!  I worked hard to become an active person over the past 7 years and routinely run 15 miles a week normally. Now I have been forced to be a sedentary lump for the last 4 weeks. and have 3 more weeks to go!  it's driving me crazy!! I miss running! I miss sweating! I miss having an elevated heart rate!  I MISS MY ENDORPHINES!  Most of all, I miss having pre-post workout food.    It won't effect my Whole 30. I got back on mostly because I can't do much exercise and I noticed my mood and energy were in the toilet.  Just wanted to vent here, rather than keep it all inside.

Feeling frustrated - still having pain issues, but really not wanting to take meds. Watched a documentary called Doctored yesterday and that in conjunction with this Whole 30 has really got me looking at what I'm putting into my body medication wise. Just found out that one of my daily meds has sucrose/corn starch pellets inside the capsules - what the ??!!!

Day 6 and things are going great!!!! Made it through the holiday weekend ( which included a cookout at which brownies and macaroni and cheese were there, then a buffet at an Italian restaurant) and I was able to stay on plan....did I mention the brownies????

Question: if salt is ok, what about seasoned salt? Is there any compliant ketchup?

The support here is awesome, my stomach feels less bloated and I can't wait for more results....and a brownie.

Day 6 and things are going great!!!! Made it through the holiday weekend ( which included a cookout at which brownies and macaroni and cheese were there, then a buffet at an Italian restaurant) and I was able to stay on plan....did I mention the brownies????

Question: if salt is ok, what about seasoned salt? Is there any compliant ketchup?

The support here is awesome, my stomach feels less bloated and I can't wait for more results....and a brownie.

I have never found a compliant ketchup, but I made this one this past weekend : http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2014/03/06/wf2-recipe-kickass-ketchup/

Really tasty!  I used figs, next time I think I'd use dates instead for a rounder sort of sweetness.

Seasoned salts you'd have to read the ingredients. there are tons of different ones out there, so hopefully you can find one that is okay.

Congratulations on making it through all those pitfalls!

Starting midweek on a lark was a bad idea for me. Whomp whomp. So I'm restarting today and will be following at the July 6th thread. Do your best to stick with it, but be kind to yourselves! "Seven times down, eight times up"

I've been in a boot for a broken bone in my foot the past month. I just got back from the doctor and the x-ray shows healing (yay), but not enough (boo), so he said another 3 weeks in this damn boot. Grrr! I worked hard to become an active person over the past 7 years and routinely run 15 miles a week normally. Now I have been forced to be a sedentary lump for the last 4 weeks. and have 3 more weeks to go! it's driving me crazy!! I miss running! I miss sweating! I miss having an elevated heart rate! I MISS MY ENDORPHINES! Most of all, I miss having pre-post workout food. It won't effect my Whole 30. I got back on mostly because I can't do much exercise and I noticed my mood and energy were in the toilet. Just wanted to vent here, rather than keep it all inside.

Any chance you can row or do the punching bag? A fiend of mine had repeated knee surgeries and her trainer always had her go after a punching bag for cardio...

Any chance you can row or do the punching bag? A fiend of mine had repeated knee surgeries and her trainer always had her go after a punching bag for cardio...

I've tried the rowing machine, but it's awkward with only one leg. The boot I'm in doesn't allow me to flex the ankle at all. Same deal for swimming. I could probably do it with a leg float, but getting to/from the dressing room is a no-go, or I'd have to use crutches.

Punching bag is an interesting idea but I have no access to one. thanks though.

Well, I fell off the wagon for the last two days, but I'm restarting tomorrow. Can I still participate in this thread?? :-)

You could add the days you did before falling off the wagon with the next 30 and call it a whole3(insert number here)...somehow that can be easier than starting day 1 again entirely!

You'd finish after most of us but I'm tempted to carry on after 30 days for a while longer after today's allergic episode so you may not be alone...

Archived