Starting June 1st - First Whole30

JennSeitzer

what do you listen to while you walk?  

I love walking..   

I'm sitting here thinking if i have all the ingredients for the salmon cakes. looking forward to enjoying those babies 

Walking really is the best exercise. I'm just a basic Pandora music listener. I found the Workout station last year, and it fits my needs for now. :) 

Salmon cakes. I have tuna. I could make tuna cakes...with some dill mayo. :)

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I swear yoga was not intended for americans with endowed breatst. What do you always see. Skinny people like Sean Corns who's rib bones you see.. you show me a person carrying some extra meat and doing downward dog without strap downs and I'll show you a person who is out of breath from suffocation.

Okay, had to take up this challenge because I just recently watched a couple of videos of Dana Falsetti and she is amazing to me.  Here is a link to a recent article on her with one of the videos at the end. 

http://www.bustle.com/articles/165929-yoga-teacher-dana-falsettis-video-challenges-the-typical-perception-of-yogis-its-spectacularly-inspiring

Enjoy!  I know she challenged everything I thought about myself and how far I could take yoga.  I dearly wish I had more time in life to devote to it because I want to be a tenth as bendy as she is. 

BM , 

How on earth do you at dinner at 9:30 PM..  what time do you go to sleep? 

Awesome on being in charge of the Couch to 5K.. I'm always hearing about this type of exercise..  being a group like that keeps you committed and helps you exercise because you know others are counting on you to be there..  great system that works. 

There is no escaping the 5K now!  As far as eating dinner late, I was asleep by 11:30.  Not the best scenario but a girl's gotta eat.  I can't always eat at "normal" times, the challenges of being in a food industry.  What is amazing to me is that usually when I work with the stuff I work with (I'm not gonna mention so I don't torture everyone) I tend to say "Oh, that smells good, I'll have it for lunch."  It's not even registering on my radar.

Walking really is the best exercise. I'm just a basic Pandora music listener. I found the Workout station last year, and it fits my needs for now. :)

I still have to try making mayo again!

Okay, had to take up this challenge because I just recently watched a couple of videos of Dana Falsetti and she is amazing to me.  Here is a link to a recent article on her with one of the videos at the end. 

http://www.bustle.com/articles/165929-yoga-teacher-dana-falsettis-video-challenges-the-typical-perception-of-yogis-its-spectacularly-inspiring

Enjoy!  I know she challenged everything I thought about myself and how far I could take yoga.  I dearly wish I had more time in life to devote to it because I want to be a tenth as bendy as she is. 

I swear I just saw this earlier this week..  she is amazing..  wonder if she has a video...   she looks great to me...;) 

I teach what's the stations name..   There is also 8 tracks. you can choose which music you want to hear and it's free.. Love free stations.. 

and the salmon cakes. they got the bomb digity chef on here .. Let me tell you, I love it. I love it and can't wait to see if it will work with Crab meat. I love lump crab but don't want to pay the $20 for a little pint of it..  and I think I should since i were to eat out it would be $20 meal any how..  

so bring on the crabs. bring on the crabs. Maybe I should look for some king or queen crab legs..  they were awesome... If you haven't tried it. go for it.. It's good ery-body:)      Yumbo..   !!!!!!   and some string beans..    please, I'm happy..  still hasn't stopped me from thinking of ice cream:(   ...   

I still have to try making mayo again!

if it doesn't come out trust there is a brand that is better then any Hellmans or Mircle whip. never to be bought by me again.. 

good thing i"m not a party girl cause summer is upon us and that means potato salad and watermelon and don't forget the ribs.. 

BM,  

I'd have indigestion if I ate and tried to sleep. it would just be all in my throat    I'm burping now at the thought of it..   

Only thing I can do that on, used to do that on in Chinese food..   lol 

salmon cakes here, get your salmon cakes here.. they the bomb;) 

I'm so sorry to hear that kitty has gone off on an ill advised adventure... my kitty used to go outside... one halloween he got scared by the fireworks and left for two days... I was beside myself... I completely understand... you'll hear her hello meows soon and then she'll tell you all about her adventure... I don't mean to minimize it tho, it's awful when they veer from their normal routines.  What's her name so we can send positive thoughts for her coming home soon?

She's back!  She came back after 24 hours being gone!  Her name is Meesha and she's a tuxdedo.  Thanks for the support!!  

tytbody is on fire today!!! i cant stop laughing....

today has been tiring. worked out this morning, then put down about a ton of rock in the backyard --shoveling, wheel barreling, shoveling some more, omg. Im exhausted. it's done though and now im sitting down with a Berry LaCroix, imagining it is a frosty cold beer. I cant help it, i miss beer on the weekends. 

got a new sports bra today since we seem to like the topic...its called BOUNCE TROUNCER, fastens in the back (iteach,thanks for that gem of a suggestion,cant believe it didnt dawn on me to try this style before!!! ). I need to give it a test drive. 

Food has been on target today -- going to have some guac and plantains chips now. Which would be great with a beer. :(

Hope everyone had a great day!!!

Kelli

Happy Friday (or it will be when Katrine tells us she found her kitty---sending good thoughts your way). Job interview lunch went well but had to send my salad back because it came with dressing that I asked not to have. Otherwise I hope there wasn't anything too bad in it. I'll just keep moving along. Going to an Italian restaurant tomorrow night after breakfast out as well. Will be an interesting day foodwise. I seem to be fine when it comes to cravings and seeing what others are having.

Going to grill some meats for the week on Sunday I think. I like the TJ's spicy chicken sausage but think it would be better grilled. Or maybe I'll put them in the oven since it has cooled down a bit. Might make the chili too.

I hope everyone has a good weekend, stays strong and no one else has kitty problems!!

Thank you Jamidub!  she came home after 24 hours gone!  all is well and I didnt stray from the plan at all!

I teach what's the stations name.. There is also 8 tracks. you can choose which music you want to hear and it's free.. Love free stations..

and the salmon cakes. they got the bomb digity chef on here .. Let me tell you, I love it. I love it and can't wait to see if it will work with Crab meat. I love lump crab but don't want to pay the $20 for a little pint of it.. and I think I should since i were to eat out it would be $20 meal any how..

so bring on the crabs. bring on the crabs. Maybe I should look for some king or queen crab legs.. they were awesome... If you haven't tried it. go for it.. It's good ery-body:) Yumbo.. !!!!!! and some string beans.. please, I'm happy.. still hasn't stopped me from thinking of ice cream:( ...

The station is actually called.... Workout. Quite funny if you think about the thousands of names for stations. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll have to check in on that one. My youngest daughter likes Spotify. She says there's one that plays music to the speed of your walk...I don't think I could get through a workout to big band music--slow and slower.... That would probably play at my speed.

today has been tiring. worked out this morning, then put down about a ton of rock in the backyard --shoveling, wheel barreling, shoveling some more, omg. Im exhausted. it's done though and now im sitting down with a Berry LaCroix, imagining it is a frosty cold beer. I cant help it, i miss beer on the weekends.

got a new sports bra today since we seem to like the topic...its called BOUNCE TROUNCER, fastens in the back (iteach,thanks for that gem of a suggestion,cant believe it didnt dawn on me to try this style before!!! ). I need to give it a test drive.

Food has been on target today -- going to have some guac and plantains chips now. Which would be great with a beer. :(

Kelli

Oh I'll have to look for that brand! You're welcome too. Nothing like finding a bra that makes life easier. ( My apologies to the male audience...lol)

I bought La Croix for our camping trip and trying one out now. The grapefruit's not so bad!

Kelli

I just looked up Bounce Trouncer on Amazon.  I like that you can change the straps...I don't want to be running and pulling them up!  Let me know how it works for you!

BM,  

I'd have indigestion if I ate and tried to sleep. it would just be all in my throat    I'm burping now at the thought of it..   

Only thing I can do that on, used to do that on in Chinese food..   lol 

salmon cakes here, get your salmon cakes here.. they the bomb;) 

I could eat any time of day and anything.  Probably part of my problem.  Now I am just eating my 3 meals a day and once in a while snacking.  I will have to look at "Pre Work Out" food though.

Hurray for kitty, Katrine77!!! I'm SO glad she is back, those trouble-maker cats that cause worry and stress! Bad cat Meesha, but have a HUGE big hug and a treat, and don't do that again! Good job staying on track through that, Katrine.

I decided I needed to start running last year... haven't gotten all that far with it -- but the prerequisite to even considering it was a super-duper jog bra (my personal alphabet starts with F, so running without high-tech support is not an option). I found a Panache on sale with a strap buckle in the back... easy to get into and then strap those bad boys together for minimum bounce. It's the best. If if wasn't lime green and purple I'd wear it to work under everything.

Katrine, so happy your kitty came home! Mine is still making very strange sounds he never used to make but otherwise seems back to normal. Darn cats!

Meal planning and prepping today. Salmon cakes will be made. I think I'm going to keep things simple and use the master recipes from It Starts With Food, the curries sound yummy!

I decided I needed to start running last year... haven't gotten all that far with it -- but the prerequisite to even considering it was a super-duper jog bra (my personal alphabet starts with F, so running without high-tech support is not an option). I found a Panache on sale with a strap buckle in the back... easy to get into and then strap those bad boys together for minimum bounce. It's the best. If if wasn't lime green and purple I'd wear it to work under everything.

Christine, I am checking out the Panache...gets great reviews so Im going to get one. The Bounce Trouncer is ok but I dont feel like it is completely trouncing the bounce!

Beautiful morning here...drinking coffee with Nutpods (check nutpods.com) and cinnamon. Going to Whole Foods soon for some mahi mahi and other yummy stuff. Was totally tempted to step on the scale this morning after yesterday's marathon day of yardwork but heard a voice in my head telling me to reconsider. I still struggle with letting that number set the tone for my mood so Im not going to let it. Feeling really good and energetic -- I cleaned the house by 7:30 am!  

What are you doing today?

Hello Gang, 

Wow, day 12 and going strong here. Made it thru my daughter's graduation (party Friday night and dinner out with family yesterday) staying compliant and not feeling deprived. For me I've realized it's easy to stay away from the non compliant foods but one goal for this round is to not then feel bad, sad or miserable about it. Now I focus on the all the good feelings that come with not having a piece of cake or a slab of bread and butter. I think if I can really wrap my head around that type of thinking it will help me make better choices after whole30. 

Really hoping to add back my daily walks this week. Finally feeling strong enough to do that!! And guess what no Dr's appointments for a few weeks. That hasn't happened since last October!

Katrine, happy Kitty is back!!

Have a great day everyone!!

The weekend is (almost) over, and I managed to stay on track!! WHOOT! Man, that was tough. What saved me was bringing my own food. I felt a bit weird about doing it, but as it turned out practically everything there was 1) non-compliant, and 2) delicious. If I had had to make do with what few compliant food there were (carrot sticks, and.....??) there is NO WAY I would have been able to resist the siren call of the wine. I will say that I think I went a bit overboard on the snacking, especially on fruit, but given the context of the entire thing I am placing this weekend squarely in the WIN category.

Earoti I hope you had a good weekend as well! How did it go?

Katrine - so glad your wayward kitty made her way home!

Crimsann - I love that yoga video! Thanks for sharing it.

Sounds like we are all meeting our challenges head on and doing well - kudos to all of you!

This week I'm working at my daughters' Girl Scout Day Camp for 2 days, and then teaching the rest of the days, so I need to get some lunches and snacks prepped and ready to go!

We are almost at the half-way mark people!!!!

Another day down!  This week is going to be busy again and I can't wait!  When I was younger I used to have this attitude.  I am still amazed how my mood has changed!!!!  I don't know if it's the change in diet or if I finally had a switch go off in my head to have this positive mental attitude but I have become the younger funner version of myself.

While we have all had our struggles I am happy to see everyone has been remaining positive in this venture.  The journey has been great and I can't wait to see the outcome!

ZOMG!!! Mushroom gravy!!!!  Make it now!!

I made pot roast with lemony green beans and cauliflower rice for dinner tonight, and I had a big container of mushrooms that I needed to use up, which got me to thinking of gravy........of course I know it is not on plan, but I do love a good sauce so I checked the interwebs for a Whole30 mushroom gravy, and up popped this amazing recipe (link above). You guys. It was SOOOOOO good. I actually made a quadruple batch, because I had a giant Costco-sized container of mushrooms, and I'm so glad I did! Just a little adds that extra kick of umami that I love so much.

Seriously, if "savory" is your thing, you gotta try this.

When I was younger I used to have this attitude.  I am still amazed how my mood has changed!!!!  I don't know if it's the change in diet or if I finally had a switch go off in my head to have this positive mental attitude but I have become the younger funner version of myself.

BigMomma - I really think it is the food. I have been feeling the same way. Not so much "tiger blood" (to be honest, I'm not sure what that is, but I'm guessing that once I feel it I will know), but just lighter and happier. So glad you are feeling it too!! :)

Prepped ground beef, sweet potatoes, hard boiled eggs yesterday.  Having leftover eggs and italian sausage with spinach for breakfast.  Lunch will likely be a hamburger with a grilled bell pepper for a bun.  Dinner will either be salmon cakes or curry, we'll see what sounds good when the time comes.  I have everything to put either one together quickly.  

TMI question.  I'm eating way more veggies than I used to so I'm guessing this is my problem, but shouldn't it be improving by day 13?  My BMs are liquid.  They are not frequent or urgent just liquid.  Normal time, less amount than typical, I assume I'm using more of my food so less waste.  Should I be concerned?  I have have one child who is allergic to eggs and I'm eating eggs like no tomorrow, but I'd think if it was a sensitivity causing this, they would be frequent and urgent.  Baking off the veggies a bit this morning.  

Archived