whole30 supercharged...kinda

missmary

DAY 47

preWO. HB egg

meal #1. espresso (organic), steamed broccoli, cherry tomatoes (out of bell peppers), lean grass-fed beef, I forget the cut, normal amount + 1 HB egg.

meal #2. still some shortribs left, so having those for lunch. w/mushrooms and carrots and tomato

meal #3. salad of celery, carrot, red onion, capers, avocado. canned salmon (wild planet). avocado had gone off. subbed some olive oil+ume plum vinegar.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you have a cauliflower - see link for my dinner. I just made it and it's awesome. Just saying.

Looks good Nadia, but sadly there is nothing more in my fridge but ingredients listed above (well, that, plus several ancient lara bars, the chocolate truffles I made at christmas but won't eat and won't throw out, one severely wilted zuchinni, oh, and...cultured beets that I hate. that's it....ok, no, there's also a huge variety of nuts and dried fruit that I almost never touch, 5 beers from a six-pack that I got more than a year ago (my brother drank one of them), tons of vinegars, and fish sauce, and the fragile oils (walnut, etc), coconut aminos... :D ok so my fridge is full but there aren't any fresh veggies or meat in there, so it might as well be empty. stocking up Saturday.

Lauging out loud reading it. Severely wilted zuchinni, yummm. Now you can dehydrate it along with c. beets :) I love dehydrated garlic cloves, grean beans, mushrooms for stews and pasta sauce for lazy days.

You don't stop surprising me. If I be really good this year, Santa might give me some of your willpower.

Happy Easter!

DAY 48

preWO. HB egg (the eggs from my farmer are suddenly HUUUGE and the yolks so so yellow! it must be Spring)

meal #1. espresso (organic), the last portion of lean grass-fed beef, I forget the cut, normal amount.

meal #2. chard (steam sauteed), lamb sausage, 2 eggs (poached in the chard/sausage mix), cherry tomatoes.

meal #3. roasted mushrooms, steamed broccoli, guac, cherry tomatoes. a bubbies pickle. grass-fed beef/chicken liver oven-baked sliders (this has some onion, fish sauce, egg).

ugh. I think my famous "willpower" is getting a bit sick. hungry this afternoon, as is reasonable given my intense Kettlebell workout this morning, but instead of EATING, I spent 20 minutes reading the backs of chocolate packages in whole foods before not getting any and waiting hungrily until "dinner time". dumb. I need to nourish myself like I keep telling other people to do already. Wait, looking back at my meals, I barely even had a meal #1. no wonder I was hungry. I can do better.

EDIT/UPDATE: well, last night was interesting. Had a great dinner, wasn't particularly hungry in the evening, but decided I should have two of the Christmas truffles (from Practical Paleo--almond butter, coconut butter, cocoa, I think I subbed grand marnier for some if not all of the maple syrup on this one. not very sweet). Also had a bourbon and soda (measured out 1 oz of boubon). I'm ok with this. After spending half the day telling myself that it will be April 1st on Monday and I should wait until after that...why? because I do a weigh-in on the 1st, maybe?...I finally reminded myself that I am NOT ON A DIET. I am not. This is my life, and I want my life to have occasional treats, so I had one. It wasn't feeding emotions (unless those are emotions about food) and it was nice and it didn't lead to more. AND, to be clear, I'm not on a whole30 really, either. I am riding my own bike and last night I took the training wheels off for a little spin in the driveway and it was fine. I would be even better if I had slept through the night afterwards, or if I wan't horribly stuffed up this morning, but I already knew that's how I react to alcohol. No surprises, just choices. :)

Happy Easter.

DAY 49 (when am I going to stop counting?)

preWO HB egg.

meal #1. espresso (organic), chard (steam sauteed), lamb sausage, 2 eggs (poached in the chard/sausage mix), cherry tomatoes.

meal #2. Easter with my family, I'm hosting: Roasted Chicken, w/roasted fingerling potatoes, and carrots. Steamed asparagus with hollandaise sauce, baby peas with roasted mushrooms and pearl onions. Fresh raspberries, blueberries and strawberries with mint* and coconut cream for dessert.

meal #3. left over veggies from meal #2, with a little hollandaise and (2) applegate hotdogs (barely any chicken left)

*forgot to add the mint. now what do I do with it?

Happy Easter, chef M!

Irony is that it takes more willpower to stop at the "that's enough" point, so you are still a some sort of superhero :D Wish you a good sleep tonight and a victorious weight-in tomorrow! Even though it might mean that your postlog will be abandoned :)

MARCH REPORT

Here is my assessment, the good and the bad:

1. Food Logging/Riding my Own Bike. ok. Logging was good this month, and I faithfully logged everything, even those off-plan moments. I think I did a fairly good job deciding when and how to off-road, although I could do better at not depriving myself of food when I really need it. I shouldn't let myself get so hungry as I've done a couple times this month (not that I need to off-road to feed legitimate hunger, just eat real food when my body needs it!)

2. Sleep. Stress and alcohol both effect my sleep a lot. but I do have ways of making it better (ie. taking a hot bath in Epsom salts, taking time away from screens before bed, etc.)--I need to make a point of doing sleep hygiene rituals especially when stressed, to get the very best sleep I can get when I need it most.

3. Workouts. Workouts are great. I feel really strong and I'm making progress. I finally have some definition in my shoulders and my (eh hem) glute area. I like how this looks, but I like even more how strong and powerful it makes me feel. Sprinting this morning was awesome. Workouts will be a bit different in April: my Kettlebell Coach will be on vacation (I don't like the sub, so I'll skip it for three weeks). I'm starting to bike commute again. My favorite yoga teacher changed his schedule, so I'm going to try some evening hot vinyasa classes with him. The weather might be nice enough to do some backpacking weekends, so maybe a little less time in the gym--lots of changes, but I think it will be fun and good. working hard at being flexible and seeing changes as a chance to try something new.

4. Mood/Relationships. Funny, although I had a cortisol party earlier this month (bad enough to bring on my period 10 days early, which almost never happens for me), I still feel like I've made progress. I don't need to expect perfection from myself. It's ok if I get stressed. I just need to recognize it and take steps to work it out before things escalate.

5. Caffeine. eh. I'm doing fairly well at opting for organic coffee (not 100%) and not drinking it after 11am, but I'm drinking a lot of espresso before 11. I can work on this.

6. Weight. 4lbs less than last month at this time. I'm 6lbs away from a major goal and there is a chance I might make it by the end of April.

SOOO, there you go. Thanks forum peeps, for supporting me and keeping me company :) . I'm going to try not logging every single meal, but posting will continue in some form....TBD.

What a great post again. Looks like you've done very good this month. Hope next monthly post will list even more improvements. Wish you to hit the N6 goal in April. Also wish that you'll have only right kind of parties, no cortisol is invited.

I will miss your food and will try cabagge and pineapple soon. I secretly hope you'll keep us posted about workout related stuff.

:wub:

thanks whole30 forum cheerleaders! :wub:

First COLD bike commute of the season complete. Now for a cup of hot bone broth....wow. it's really hard not to log my food here! I kind of want to and don't want to at the same time. I will resist.

so, bike last night (post-dentist) in the cold and dark made eating and sleeping difficult. not sure how this whole "evening exertion" thing is going to work out. Bone broth + peas and an egg does not fit the meal template, but it was too late and I had no appetite. -_- Trying a yoga class tonight, but I will have my car. One thing at a time.

left work an hour early to take a yoga class with my favorite teacher, AND, he had a sub. oh well. class was sweaty and good and I don't think it will keep me from sleeping (fingers crossed). Just bought a ton of veggies, lamb and lamb liver. Walked right by the chocolate isle and thought "I could have some if I wanted it, oh well, don't really want any at the moment, hmm" Weather is nicer, put some air in my tires so I can bike tomorrow. feeling mellow and good. :)

more semi-workout related news for NB: New trainer at my gym tried to pick me up this morning (no not like that! :lol: ). Just the usual "hey, whatcha doing? looks interesting, etc." Usually once I tell them that I have a trainer I work with regularly they leave me alone but not this guy. He offered me a free session if I ever want to "see how it is" training with him instead of Max. dirty. might have to do it just for the entertainment value. :D

Even yoga has to be "sweaty".

Yoga is the most sweaty of all things! Also forgot to mention: achieved Bakasana last night for a respectable amount of time (vs. falling on my face after 1 second like I usually do). My upper body must be getting stronger. Soon I will be walking around on my hands like a circus performer.

Can you do a handstand? I am dreaming of this day, but I am a chicken.

I am also a chicken--actually, fear stops me from doing things in the gym 10 times more often than lack of strength. I can do handstand against the wall fine, but I am afraid of doing it without the wall nearby (my toe needs to be touching). sigh. headstand is easier for some reason, but neither one is easy for me.

Ok, I actually tried this Bakasana near my desk. 6 seconds.

I can't even do a wallstand. I am scared. I will have a whole week at my parents to practice it (and keep Dad entertained with my trials). That's my new little goal. Fun.

Archived