whole30 supercharged...kinda

missmary

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, is the new office THAT far from the gym and only AM workouts are doable for you? Max must be very upset. Heartbreaking.

It's not so bad, I will still do my am workouts, just at a different gym location near the new office...and Max is still in the picture (he isn't at the gym in the mornings with me anyway, we just have evening and weekend appointments). It will be fine. Who knows, maybe I will meet some new cool people at the new spot and that will be good? Trying to keep a positive attitude as I clean out my desk :wacko::)

Impressed that you rode your bike home last night. We were outside at my son's soccer game and it was brutal cold and windy!

Yeah, well...once I'm committed (and/or stranded?) downtown with my bike, I might as well ride it home. That or stand around in the cold wind waiting for a bus. At least my ride is pretty quick when I want it to be (29 minutes, 15 seconds last night). Warmer this weekend? please?

ok, then. First day at new office was fine. Really fine. People were nice and they want me to do stuff I know how to do (actually I'm kind of good at this stuff), so whew. Now only remaining stress is figuring out the *$%! commute. Drove today to avoid dealing with it, but yeah....long story short: too far away to both bike there and workout in the morning, not well served by public transportation, so no bus there/bike home scenario, not quite ready to give up and pay for parking everyday (and miss out on biking in the evening)...I know, there could be worse problems. I'll figure it out.

In other news, made up a lamb rogan josh crock pot curry-type thing that is quite tasty and filling AND I'm bringing lamb liver meatballs to work for lunch tomorrow (they might as well find out how weird I am sooner rather than later...)

• Moderators

Glad the new office is fine and that they'll be treated with witnessing your fabulous eating habits soon.

How often are your gym workouts? Could you shift them to the weekend and do the daily bike commute as your primary workout for a while? Now that I'm walking to work, I hate even thinking of driving (and parking). A commute without public transportation or a car is a luxury I'd hate to give up. And maybe your fitness wouldn't suffer.

Anyway, good luck figuring it out and making your way at the new office!

Nadia, speaking of Russian cartoons, do you know anything about доктор айболит? It was a book my grandfather used to read to my sister and I when we were growing up...but no other Russian kid I've run into since has ever heard of it.

Hah yes, the one with Africa and Barmalei. Author was born in my city and he was a brilliant editor/critic/journalist during and post revolution. That's very surprising, I thought every Russian kid grew up with his poems. I had a vinyl record player with his stories. There is also a cartoon from 80s or so, but it's sort if strange as far as I recal.

Mm, sorry. I am not going to post more links as you didn't like my lion analogy :D I thought that your first day will be Monday and came to wish you luck...and realized that it is Monday already. My extra (co)long weekend duh. Glad that you are already working out the details. Hope it won't launch a cortisol party. Have a good week.

its funny, food is so easy now, I kind of don't need to blog/log about it at all. Everything is going fine. I've tried the following commute combinations:

1. drive to weekend gym location in the morning (not close enough to bike to, no public transit option), drive to new job, first day bonus free parking in visitor lot. seems like a lot of driving around for no real reason...
  2. drive to different gym location near my tuesday morning meeting, drive to meeting, then to new job, pay for meter parking, running outside mid-day to pay meter, drive home in rush hour traffic. :(
  3. take bike on the bus to my old stop, then bike to new job (awful traffic, got honked at and passed by giant pickup truck :o:wacko: ), sprint on trails near new office, shower/dress in corporate fitness center, bike long way home (awesome. mostly trails & around lakes).
  4. take bike on the bus to my old stop, work out/shower/change at my old gym location, take bike on the train to new job location, bike long way home (still awesome, but wicked cramp in my arches right after I got home, and HRM pooped out and didn't record).
  5. bike to train stop nearest me (kind of far but not nearly as far as the new office. also not the greatest neighborhood), take the bike on the train to new job, workout at corporate fitness center, bike the long way home? worth a try. :)

EDIT: I forgot to mention this, but ALSO. wore the new black dress pants twice this week. they fit great.

Do you sleep at all? You wake up like what 4am? Sounds like :o

Nah, but I do go to bed ay 8:30pm sometimes...(usually by 9:30 for sure) up by 5:30 or thereabouts, except Tuesday, where I get up at 5 :) Plans after work and rain this morning so skipped the ride and drove to work. Found a meter that allows 8 full hours of parking, so no running outside to feed the meter. whoo hoo.

out late last night with friends--we ordered a bottle of wine for the table, so I could have my 1oz portion only, we shared a whole bunch of things, almost all of them whole30 compliant (I am not shy about eating tartar from a fork and skipping the toast)--but still getting home after midnight is rare for me. 8am kettlebell class. 11 am with Max, 2-6pm at the nursery playing "monster" in the playground (I am required to chase them, partly running, partly climbing all over the play structure, through tunnels down slides, etc. anytime I stop they beg and beg me to start chasing again). Now I am so exhausted I barely have energy to type, much less actually cook something for dinner. exhausted but happy. got some sun. let go of the stress of this week for a few hours. good.

now: handstand and arm balances workshop tomorrow (with my favorite yoga teacher)? or rest?

couldn't eat much after handstand workshop, or all day on Monday really, but tonight managed to put away an entire plaintain (a black/ripe one, oven roasted), 3 mini-GF beef burgers, loads of guac and pico...not sure if I should reign it in, or if I'm finally listening to my body properly?

meeting scheduled tomorrow with a minor crush at the new job, so obsessing about selecting my work outfit. foolishness. :P

Also: 6am yoga! Max was rearranging my schedule and he wrote yoga in on Wednesday morning, knowing that it was unlikely I would find a class at the right time and place and with a teacher I liked...but he wrote it in with a wink and sure enough I found one. not my all-time-favorite teacher, but one who has subbed in my class before and i liked her, so yay.

Rushing to yoga this morning, I managed to lean my bike against a pole, and lock my bike lock to the same pole without looping any part of my bike into the lock. yoga was awesome. Even more awesome, my bike was still there when I got out.

Rushing to yoga this morning, I managed to lean my bike against a pole, and lock my bike lock to the same pole without looping any part of my bike into the lock. yoga was awesome. Even more awesome, my bike was still there when I got out.

Lol, that pole was going nowhere!

Glad your bike survived!

Wear a dress :)

Archived