whole30 supercharged...kinda

missmary

I am afraid of the plough in yoga - it scares me so much I don't even try.

Actually it was handstand related stuff that scared me off that bodeefit(?) site we were talking about Nadia - I was broswing around the exercise bits and there was handstand push-up!

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am afraid of the plough in yoga - it scares me so much I don't even try.

This is SO interesting! I wonder why that one gets you Derval? plough and shoulderstand seem like no big deal to me for some reason, but the headstand and handstand are terrifying (and don't get me started with the backbends. eeek!). I am a million years away from handstand pushups, but there is a circus boy at my gym who does them sometimes...maybe I should ask him to teach me ;):ph34r: .

Oooh yeah, that would be a good opener for sure MM!

It's the giving in to losing balance I suppose - I tried it the first time , got a bit up, and fell out of it hard, so I'm afraid to try any further.

Such a cool conversation!

Nono, you should record a video step-by-step :D Or I can make a video, M is teaching at circus school :rolleyes:

Bodeefit yeah, but I think I can mix stuff up. It's free and they email WODs, which is pretty cool.

Oooh yeah, that would be a good opener for sure MM!

It's the giving in to losing balance I suppose - I tried it the first time , got a bit up, and fell out of it hard, so I'm afraid to try any further.

Ok, so it's kind of PTSD (kidding)? Do you like the shoulderstand? That one feels better to me than Plough and might give you confidence to get into Plough later.

being upside down in general freaks me out. I did manage assisted handstands in a yoga class in December, makes me panic slightly though....I took an antigravity yoga class where you use these lovely silk hammocks and part of the class is spent hanging upside down. That was easier for me, but I still had to consciously fight the panic.

Ice cold windy bike ride home last night, then tapas place and tasting portion (3oz) of wine. This amount works ok for me. Slept fine, itchy eyes this morning, but no big deal. Skipping bike commute today and waiting for nicer weather. Thinking about inversion yoga workshop--must confront fear when identified! :ph34r: --also mastering inversions will give me some street cred. 5' girl with pigtails wants to be a badass.

ahhhh. Having a 'kill all things' Friday. Playing telephone with my Dr. regarding my DHEA supplement (hairs and jaw-line breakout means I might not need it anymore, but instead of confirming or discussing or ordering blood work she has a nurse call saying they can give me a referral to a dermatologist!? madness). Reviewing lazy/careless work of someone all afternoon, needing to basically mark up everything to be redone. Also it is snowing. WTF!? sigh. But hey, maybe I don't need DHEA supplements anymore? Could this mean my adrenals are making their own DHEA? That could be a very very good thing, whether my Dr. has a clue or not. Hope to have more happy sunshiny reports tomorrow :)

Managed to put aside my 'kill all things' and have a really nice night out with some friends--drank about 2 liters of San Pellegrino and one pint glass of Ginger-Citrus beverage made in house (we were at a micro-brewery for part of the night). It was sweet, but not as sweet as most things and really interesting--not beer, but maybe a ferment of some kind? Intrigued, but not needing more.

Anyway, glad to have fun and stay out late, woke up without alarm at 6:30am ready to take on the weekend despite a sore scratchy throat (maybe from people smoking around me?), and lingering uncertainty about supplements. Giving up on phone consults with my Doc. Seeing her in person a week from Tuesday.

skipped volunteering (called in sick) in case whatever is wrong with me is viral (stuffy sinus pain, etc.). not wanting to infect kids. took nap and did taxes instead. whee! at least it is done and I can move on to making coconut/bacon/kale if I can find the recipe* + roasted chicken thigh + itunes movie + epson salts bath.

*Dear Nadia, where did you post that? pretty please :) EDIT: Found it! http://girlmeetspale...nut-bacon-kale/

Hello :) Things are moving along as per usual, mostly everything is fine. Starting to get a little freaked out how much I LOVE my lamb/lamb liver meatballs, made them again last night. So two things: 1) Tried a new class with favorite yoga teacher. It is hot vinyasa flow from 8:30-9:30pm. It is too hot for my liking and cuts into my sleep time (I normally go to BED around 9:30pm) but I'm torn. Maybe I would get used to the heat after a while? If nothing else, I would need to make some major wardrobe adjustments. I was dripping wet at the end of class as if I had jumped in the hot tub in my yoga clothes. and then the teacher put his arm around me to thank me for trying the class. humiliating/gross, but he didn't seem to mind :rolleyes: . 2) Planned a backpacking/hiking adventure this weekend (reserved the campsites weeks ago) and there is now snow on the ground. Nothing to be done about it other than go or decide not to go, but I wanted to whine a little. ok, three things: 3) trainer at my gym (not mine, but a woman I see every morning and say hello) commented today that I look like I'm 'leaning out' I think I might be. progress.

I tell ya, the men can't keep away from you, even when you're all hot & sweaty :D

Yeah, it's amazing how many men act all weird around me without ever having a single one ask me out on a legitimate date. I feel like I am still in elementary school some days. The yoga teacher, I think, is just super touchy-feely in general (and he has mentioned his wife, so I don't think he has an agenda).

I bet even while hiking in the snow there will be some touchy feely guys. Lamb magic! At least it's a legitimate reason to try your dehydrated goodies, it's a backpacking regardless of the weather :)

Point 3 is so awesome, must be feeling really good to get such a comment from a trainer.

Ok folks. A half-day in the office, then an appointment with my trainer, then winter wonderland camping adventure! :P I think I will stop by REI and get a second pad to put under me in my snowy tent. Looking forward to some primal backwoods cooking over the fire and hiking and being in nature. Bought a chocolate bar (without any nasties) as a treat to have at some point. Otherwise a mix of fresh foods to start with dehydrated foods later in the weekend....see ya Sunday night.

Archived