whole30 supercharged...kinda

missmary

Debussy is hard! No ballet for Bergamasque, but there was a ballet "Afternoon of a Faun". It was inspired by a little poem of Mallarme and performed by two most renowned Russian ballet dancers at different times (Nijinsky and Nureyev).

I have undying love for Bach and Brahms.

Kitty rocks.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mm..just bottled 4 bottles of my CB booch. I did a cranberry ginger, strawberry, blueberry ginger and a blood orange lemon. The blood orange is so pretty. I seem to have a lack of fizzyness in my second ferment. I let this batch sit for 4 days for second forment. I made the ginger berry for my trainer. Looks like it fizzed more than the others. Any clever ideas?

Tell me who doesn't have pants feelings for MM here?

Wait...WHAT? :blink: not possible...but thanks...(I think?)...blushing now :wub:

Looks like it fizzed more than the others. Any clever ideas?

hmmm. I don't get a lot of fizz, I think because I ferment it a pretty long time before closing it up, so there isn't a lot of sugar left to make bubbles. Tips would be: make sure there is some sweetness (fruit or juice or *gasp* sugar! in whatever you add at the end), try to have as little air as possible in the closed container (fill-er up to the top), close the lid really tight. shake it every 24 hours. lift off! :D

The only thing I haven't done is shake it. I just remembered I added a half tsp of sugar to Nick's bottle along with his berries and ginger. His seems to have a little fizz. Hannah at KK suggested a stronger tea solution. I will try that when I top this batch off later.

Post-Whole30 log, obnoxious complaints edition. Since I workout in the morning and go straight to work from there, each night I pack a bag with an outfit to get dressed in before I leave the gym. Sometimes this leads to issues when I forget something (so far: tights, underwear, and a shirt have all been forgotten). Today was a different issue altogether: I packed a spring jacket I haven't worn in months, and what used to be my "tight" pair of black dress pants (the looser pair is already in the donate pile). Both of these items are HUUUGE on me now. I feel like I'm a kid playing dress-up in my mom's clothes. Cool, but, seriously? I'm down to like two outfits here. Even my SHOES are starting to get too big.

-had a lovely evening drinking mineral water on a sunny patio with friends last night. On the agenda for this weekend: SAT. Kettlebell Class, then run to my gym to use the locker rooms/showers, then client meeting :( (lovely clients, just Saturday meetings being a drag); afternoon shopping for new bras/underwear and black dress pants, maybe sandals? feel the need for something summery or at least springy finally. SUN. am workout with Max :) , hour-long drive to my folks (with windows/sunroof open?), Mom's spring concert, potroast dinner with folks and brother and family, then home. Have a great weekend everyone! :D

Kettlebell class was awesome after 3-week break, although I got in trouble several times for choosing too light of a weight. I am stronger than I think I am.

Shopping excursion was mostly successful -got accosted by bra fitter in Nordstroms who made me face reality that none of my bras fit anymore. bought one. I have exactly one bra that fits. this isn't good. she also tricked me into buying very sexy matching panties I will probably never wear but I was trapped in a small room and had to buy them to get out. :rolleyes: this is my excuse.

successfully located exact replacement for favorite dressy black work pants, just smaller.

no sandals but I did buy a very expensive fillet of Halibut. Now to decide if it is worth it to fire up the grill. Grilling seems right. It is so beautiful outside it is making me a little giddy. Halibut, asparagus, salad with baby greens and fennel and red onion and capers. I think so.

Isn't your life just miserable? Pants are too big and kb is too light. The hardships :)

No fainting at sight of Halibut, I guess. Great piece of fish is a grill only in my book too. Fish dinner for everyone!

Happy sunny weekend.

Isn't your life just miserable? Pants are too big and kb is too light. The hardships :)

I know, I'm insufferable right now, aren't I? I'm sorry.

Actually I'm at a weird place at the moment, feeling good/healthy but afraid at the same time that something will switch off or on or whatever and everything will start going backwards. Dr. mentioned it on my visit "you don't have to see me until September, unless you start regressing, in which case make an appointment..." so matter-of-fact, like moving backward is just as likely as moving forward.

I thought it today when I was buying the pants--should I get the pair that is almost too small but workable, knowing they should fit in a week or two? or the pair that is right now a tiny bit too big but safe? I got the smaller pair, but I debated mentally for a while. Trying to just breathe and enjoy and not get stressed. It's part of this magic whole30 thing, that I should be able to just nourish my body and take care of it and that should result in a healthy balanced sustainable existance. I really want to believe it.

• Moderators

Shopping excursion was mostly successful -got accosted by bra fitter in Nordstroms who made me face reality that none of my bras fit anymore. bought one. I have exactly one bra that fits. this isn't good. she also tricked me into buying very sexy matching panties I will probably never wear but I was trapped in a small room and had to buy them to get out. :rolleyes: this is my excuse.

Every time I've bought sexy matching underthings, good sex comes knocking at my door.

Always a good investment.

Now who's the kitty becoming a tiger? ;)

Happy thoughts only please.

My guess is that the doctor a) has seen a lot of people tired of being good and losing control B) has to say it, part of the protocol.

Yes, as it goes in the JS book - getting healthy on purpose while getting hot by accident. I will read your report about falling off the smaller pair soon I promise.

Archived