whole30 supercharged...kinda

missmary

I am so glad you posted about no hunger vs plantains/burgers. Good reminder that there is a different "healthier" perspective. I am freaking out big and think that there is something wrong when my body refuses to go with template or times I think are appropriate.

Max is awesome, you are truly lucky to have such a trainer.

Listen to Derval and wear a dress :)

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did the workshop. After 2 hours of bakasana and handstand, one would expect my arms/shoulders to be sore and tired, but nope: abs. I am also ravenous, but happy.

Yeah--those balances are all abs. Which is why I can't do them very well. :( Working on it.

Interesting about listening to your body. Makes sense that we wouldn't eat the same amount every day. And good that you are listening to those hunger cues.

Hmmm, what exactly does eeep mean?

um, eeep is when you've hormonally spewed way too much information then had second thoughts and quickly deleted. suffice it to say: sex drive (thank you whole30) without accompaning boyfriend=distress. minor crush on someone WHO LIVES WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND is not helping anything. Feeling better now after a really tough kettlebell class, some fiddlehead ferns and a gigantic duck egg. :) might take the rest of the day "off" from my life and go for a long hike.

• Moderators

grrrrrrl, I so hear you on the stuff you wrote and then deleted. I am right. There. With. You.

It is a good thing and IMHO it's not something you can exactly "fix" or "control," which compounds the frustration.

I think the best thing we can do is continue to take care of ourselves, be open to possibility, and surrender to what is--knowing that it will change when it's damn good and ready to. And hey, the next relationship might be closer than you know. Even if we could interfere in the Universe's plans for us, would we want to?

Small consolation, I know. You're clearly fabulous. When someone deserving is ready for you, he will appear. Of this I have no doubt.

(I say this to you in the hopes that I may also hear it.) Virtual hugs to you!!

Thanks for the support ladies :) . I'm fine. I had a pretty good day in the end, went to a state park that is right inside the city and hiked 8 miles or so, came home, dinner and a movie and to bed early. Don't worry Derval, I have all the tools and supplies I need, lol :P , it's just that nothing comes close to ticking all the boxes of want that I won't go into again here. I'm fine and will try to follow LadyM's advice and relax and be fabulous (I'll do my best, anyway). Love you guys. :wub: :wub:

I totally get the eeeep. I tend to write stuff here I'd never say out loud, and then go back in and take it all back. At least you didn't press the tweet icon on your phone and broadcast your issues to twitter. I apparently did this five or six times and didn't even realize it till weeks later.

I agree with Lady M. You sound like a total catch all-around and it'll happen with someone who doesn't live with his girlfriend. It can be so crushingly lonely in he meantime. But you have your backpacking and the woods can be a decent cure for lonesomeness, if not yearning.

Lady M has words of wisdom, as usual.

Interesting day yesterday. Curious why now I'm getting all up in my head with duh feelingz but it's just non-stop thinking around here.

Yoga in the morning, followed by ground bison/spinach/duck egg scramble, then spent a few hours cleaning closets and picking out clothes to donate. Three bags full this time, including all my pjs, that had gotten ridiculous. I don't know why it's so hard to get rid of this stuff but I just keep thinking I might need it again. I don't want to need it again. Finally decided that it is more important for someone who needs it now to have it, then went to Target and treated myself to some 'loungewear' :) no, not the sexy lingerie you guys are probably thinking...nope. a couple pairs of loose drawstring knit pants, a hoody (need that in MN this weekend!) and some t-shirts: a retro marvel comics distressed type (size small from the men's dept) and a camo print one from the boy's section. I look a tiny bit like Harriet the Spy, but I like it.

I keep meaning to go hike Ft Snelling! Every time I go down there, though, it's for kids stuff - tour Ft Snelling, climbing at the scout base camp, etc. Need to make time to hike it. We're very lucky to have Rice Creek Regional (?) park behind our house, so we have a lot of trails nearby. Just not as pretty as down by the river.

Packing up clothes to donate is on my list today, too. I did my kids' drawers Saturday but need to do mine today. I bought new capris yesterday because I noticed that my black ones were super faded and my tan ones had a big coffee stain down the leg (noticed that AFTER I got to work!). I'm trying to remain confident that I will need capris this summer. It's not looking good!

I went to Fort Snelling State Park (and walked every inch of trail to get an easy 8 miles in) It was nice. I bet you and Paco would like it!

Oh! Of course! :o ! I wanted to do Minnehaha Falls yesterday but with the threat of rain I chickened out.

thinky thinking continues...walking on the trail this morning I was thinking about how this is the healthiest I can ever remember being (not skinniest, no, that was achieved by not sleeping and subsisting on vending machine coke and M&Ms in grad school...). Anyway, I never would have guessed that my 41st (!) birthday would be the best I've ever been, but maybe it is, and it's only getting better. So I was thinking these things, and how being a late bloomer is better than never blooming at all and some runner came up behind me as I was getting ready to take off on a sprint. He watched me go, and caught up to me on the walking portion. wanted to know if that was my event in college because I looked like I was going so fast. Never ever ever would I have thought I could pass for a competitive athlete, ever. I LIKE being healthy and strong. Let's keep doing that.

• Moderators

thinky thinking continues...walking on the trail this morning I was thinking about how this is the healthiest I can ever remember being (not skinniest, no, that was achieved by not sleeping and subsisting on vending machine coke and M&Ms in grad school...).

how being a late bloomer is better than never blooming at all

I LIKE being healthy and strong. Let's keep doing that.

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Thank you so much for this today, mm. Much needed!

And I'm coming to realize that being a late bloomer may very well be better than being a early bloomer. Who wants to spend the bulk of life fading away?

Birthday was good. It's interesting because the day was filled with stuff I hate--trying to get a social event properly organized with my friends. ugh! horrible. AND, some other year I probably would have been really sad and angry that none of these people can make a plan or stick to one and they all end up cancelling at the last minute, but no, I was actually pretty zen about the whole thing. Ended up going with just two guy friends to Marvel Bar, where they have made some pretty great non-alcoholic cocktails for me in the past...last night the drinks were just ok (fruit juice and tonic and sparkling water, basically)--also had sips of all the real cocktails, as is my practice...a couple of those were fantastic!--anyway, the conversation was good. it was nice to be in an intimate group. It was raining a little and starting to get dark when we left but I rode home the long way anyway. Ate a giant gf beef burger with a fried egg, bubbies pickles and cherry tomatoes for my birthday dinner. More birthday dinners to follow over the weekend. I hope they taste as good.

Archived