Physibeth's Post-W30 Log

Physibeth

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Mary. I think I must just give you all the highlights...I generally feel like I waste a ton of time. I do add baking soda to the litter (at the bottom when I change the whole thing once a week and the top when I scoop it each time. I bought a different type of litter today and we'll see how that goes.

Run this morning was good. Went to the gym and ran on the dreadmill because the weather has been awful. Of course it ended up being just fine. Ran over to the storage unit to drop off a couple of things and pick up a couple of different things and went to target. Got 2 cute pairs of winter boots for less than a single pair at a fancy store. Yay! Got the running skirt I ordered out of the mailbox today and my surprise mystery skirt gift. Yay 2 cute new running skirts for the price of 1!

Good morning and happy October! First of the month means weigh in and measurements today. More slow and steady forward progress for me! Lost 1 lb and 1.75 inches (off my hips, thigh, chest, and muffin top). Using the average of my tape measurement calculators I'm also down .43% body fat. They are doing the dunk tank test again in a few weeks and I'm going to see if I can squeeze a retest into my schedule. I have an all day thing at church the same day so might have to go really early to get in. Had a very productive day yesterday. Got work and house work done. Didn't accomplish everything on my to do list but put myself to bed a little after 9 anyway feeling pretty accomplished. 7.75 hours of sleep...so close to 8! Woke only once in the middle of the night and then woke about 30 minutes before my alarm and couldn't go back to sleep. Round 2 of BodyPump 87 this morning. I think I'm going to work from home again today and try to keep up the productivity cycle. 

Food/Movement Yesterday
M1: 4 eggs, kale, bacon, Emerald City Kraut, black coffee

Exercise: 3 mile easy run on the dreadmill

Snack: grass fed cheddar, honeycrisp apple (omnomnom)

M2: 2 small lamb burgers with mayo, romaine lettuce salad with ranch dressing (Well Fed), small potato cubed and pan fried in grease from my burgers with garlic salt

Snack: grass fed cheddar (while cooking...got too hungry)

M3: Thanksgiving Stuffing Meatballs (Practical Paleo), Easy Savory Pumpkin Soup

Those meatballs didn't turn out so great this time around. I realize that I was using Pensky's Italian Sausage seasoning for them when I first went through her meal plan and I like it a lot better than the homemade one. Of Pensky's has sugar in it. I might need to make a trip over there and get some though because once and I while isn't a big deal and worth it for better tasting meatballs.

You are amazing - go, go, go Bethany!

Thanks! *insert blushing smilie here*

awesome progress!! Amazing, actually, given all the moving stress this past month. Great Job.

Thank you! I know right? I was fully prepared to not see a change on the scale this month. 

Had a very productive day yesterday! Woot! Got some work work done, got more housework and unpacking done, returned a piece of equipment to Comcast, picked up my package from Tropical Traditions (woot to coconut oil and coconut oil lotions!), went to the dentist  :wacko: for my cleaning and got the hygenist I like not the annoying preachy guy from last time who would not stop lecturing me about floss and told me to eat Xylotal (sp?), and even got to watch a couple of shows (Revolution, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D).

Didn't sleep great last night. Didn't help that I was still nursing coffee at 4 pm I'm sure. I slept heavy for an hour or so and then woke up and couldn't go back to sleep for a while, finally got back to sleep but woke again at 4:30 and was again awake for a while. Finally decided to read for a bit and was able to go back to sleep. Snoozed my alarm for like an hour. Overall a little over 7 hours of sleep but not super restful.

Food/Movement Yesterday:

M1: 3 sweet potato pancakes (Practical Paleo), 3 fried eggs, black coffee

Exercise: Body Pump 87 - in all its painful, sweaty, glory

Snack: raw cheddar, honeycrisp apple, black coffee

M2: Indian Beef Curry, Curry Spag Squash (I erred on the side of under cooking it this time and it was better but the sauce still lacks something for me)

Kombucha

M3: Sesame Fish Sticks and Sauteed Turnips (both from Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantry), mayo, baby kiwi

square of chocolate before bed - this might have been part of my sleep problem too

Sorry about the not good sleep.  I hate nights like that.  I can't have caffeine after my morning coffee or I'm up all night, too.  I hope tonight is better. 

Sesame fish sticks sounds interesting.  What kind of fish did you use?

Sorry about the not good sleep.  I hate nights like that.  I can't have caffeine after my morning coffee or I'm up all night, too.  I hope tonight is better. 

Sesame fish sticks sounds interesting.  What kind of fish did you use?

Alaskan cod. I didn't have enough sesame seeds to make the recipe completely to order (it calls for a whole cup!) but they turned out really good.

Yesterday was very productive and my husband and I played enough tetris with what remains unpacked in the apartment to set up the game tables for Pathfinder tonight. Setting up our game tables is going to require moving furniture every time we need to, but it isn't heavy furniture and it isn't frequent so it is ok. Currently we can not turn the heat on because the couch is push up against a heater but luckily our apartment stays pretty warm. Hopefully this will get less crazy as we get more settled. I'm gunning to be completely moved in by the end of the month but we will see. Need to set my husband a goal of one box a day or something. Food wise it was good right up until dinner. We had a Breakfast for Dinner potluck at Community Group and I decided to participate and ate way too many grains. It was all delicious but as I was laying in bed last night my stomach was making weird noises and I didn't sleep terribly well last night. 6 hours of sleep - barely - not very restful. I'm going to get my period soon which is probably also contributing to my sleep issues. I need to make my Magnesium oil and see if that helps at all.

Food/Movement Yesterday:

M1: 4 eggs, kale, bacon, kraut, black coffee

Exercise: 3 mile easy pace run in the rain

Snack: Raw cheddar and honeycrisp apple

M2: 2 small lamb burgers and fried green tomatoes, kombucha 

Snack: square of dark chocolate and a nectarine

M3: swirly crustless quiche (Practical Paleo), bacon, baked apple oatmeal, biscuits with gravy, black decaf coffee

Sorry about the bad sleep again.  I slept fine, but not long enough.  I need to get to bed a bit earlier tonight, I think.  I'm taking a break from canning apples until the weekend.  I don't care if a few go bad.  I need a break!  LOL

Woo hoo! Looks like we are back in business. I'm not going to try and catch up just going to continue on in my log as if there isn't a huge gap.  :rolleyes:

Yesterday I finally got annoyed enough with the dizziness that seems to be caused by some head congestion that I took 3 doses of ACV in water. I choked it down. Took another doze this morning. Almost gagged it back up. I really hope this helps. I have my Water in Motion training on Saturday (they changed from a 2 day to a 1 day format with online stuff we had to do this week which was lots of drama with website problems - yikes!) and I can't afford to be dizzy when I need to jump on the side of a pool with a microphone on. I do believe I have my choreography down. Haven't practiced it at full effort yet (I think my downstairs neighbors would hate me) and will do that tonight after pump in the empty ggx room. Need to practice my cueing too. Have been sleeping better the last couple of nights but not managing to get to bed early enough to get 8 hours of sleep. Really need to work on this. The fall tv season filling my tivo with lots of fun stuff to watch isn't really helping. Unpacking progress has kind of stalled as we got enough done to actual make the apartment livable, but we are still climbing over boxes to sit on the couch and living with lots of boxes. We need to ramp this up again and get it done. I sacrificed my run yesterday morning so that I could do some much needed kitchen cleaning and make a batch of Moroccan meatballs.

Food Yesterday:

M1: 1/2 acorn squash, Nikki's pumpkin pie donut coconut butter, raisins, 4 fried eggs, black coffee

M2: Paleo Beef Casserole (The Paleo Slow Cooker), apple, pumpkin coconut butter cup (Eating Evolved)

Snacks: 8 oz cup coffee, tea, kombucha, last of my Dark Chocolate Cake Brownies (Against all Grains)

M3: Creamy Cauliflower & Chicken Soup (Quick and Easy Paleo Comfort Foods)

Snack: Pear & Goat Cheese

I hope so too. I feel a little clearer today but still a bit dizzy. It's not super affecting my balance...more my head feels weird. Does that makes sense? Have not been walking to work this week in an effort to conserve some energy and not make things worse by sustained cold. 

Oh, I hope the ACV helps as well.  Your head sounds like a miserable place to be in!  I know if I don't unpack right away, I just begin to not notice the suitcases and boxes covering the living room floor.  They become pleasant fixtures and I'm amazed at how adaptable I am!  Hope you feel better.

Good morning! I decided to let myself sleep in today which was great. Managed to get 8 hours. Went to bed late again because I had to watch the Glee farewell to Finn episode last night (so many tears) and my husband got home from work just as I was going to bed so stayed up and chatted with him a bit. Running my 2 tracks that I have to teach tomorrow with my friend after pump last night went well. Definitely hard as I was destroyed from pump (87 is such a cardio kicker! 460 calories again last night!) but got good feedback and she said that I'm already at a good level to pass training as long as I don't choke. ;) Need to get all my clothes and food together tonight before bed so I can be ready to run out the door tomorrow morning. Have to be at the gym by 8 am but want to be a little early too. I'm nervous and excited all at once. Going to practice again today with 2 of my friends that are also going through training. Still feeling a bit stuffy in the head. Couldn't make myself take the AVC again last night. Will try to choke some down this morning. I did have a grapefruit last night which should help right? Going to the farm to pick up my CSA box today. Not really gotten through enough of last weeks. I need to assign a dish to every veggie I have and just make them and add them to my meals even if I don't think they "go" as I hate wasting food.

Food/Movement Yesterday:

M1: Swirly Crustless Quiche (Practical Paleo), bacon, kraut, black coffee

Exercise: Ran through my training video with all the low demo options in my living room

8 oz cup of black coffee

M2: Moroccan Meatballs (Well Fed) with Spaghetti Squash, apple, goat cheese, 1 square of Cayenne Aztec Chocolate

kombucha

M3: Spicey Salmon Cakes (Quick and Easy Paleo Comfort Foods), mayo, 2 small yellow potatoes sauteed in bacon fat with garlic salt

Exercise: Body Pump 87, run through of my assigned tracks for WIM with high demo options

Snack: 2 fried eggs, grapefruit

So you have a BP teacher test tomorrow?  Good luck!  It sounds like you're well prepared.

I hear you on the CSA and not liking to waste food.  When I get my CSA list every Thursday, I go through the week and decide what I will make when and how I will use each veg so that I don't have any waste if at all possible.  Sometimes things like carrots or broccoli get washed, chopped and frozen if I run out of time.  Root veg's will hold a while, but I don't like to let them pile up too long.  Tonight is a root vegetable mash with bacon vinegarette (found it on epicurious, I think) that will make quick work of my turnips, celeriac, carrots and potatoes.  My family will actually eat it and it uses whichever root veg's you have.  It's a good one! 

Smiling - I love reading about your workouts - it all sounds like a foreign language!  I'm so out of the loop! :) 

Sounds like the ACV is not something you're loving.  Have you tried adding honey to it?  I do sometimes and it cuts the intensity and also helps with any cough I have.  I justify it that I'm also helping to build a tolerance to local allergens.

The entire CSA box thing is hard.  I hate when we don't use our vegetables and some things just go bad so quickly such as our CHARD sitting in our fridge that I'd intended to use up right away, but forgot.  Planning out a schedule for the foods is what I should do too.

I loved watching Glee and Finn was such a sweetie.  I imagine that was a tear filled evening.

Good morning! Today is the day! Did not sleep well as I'm so nervous!

Jen, not BP training (hopefully I will be ready for that in the spring) but Water in Motion training. 

I might try that honey thing in my ACV this morning. I do feel like things are starting to clear up.

Practice went well yesterday. I came home and collapsed on the couch with my newly acquired copy of PaleOMG cookbook. Never laughed so much reading a cookbook before. Got to bed early but then couldn't fall asleep/stay asleep. Husband playing loud video games in the next room didn't help.  :rolleyes:

Food/Movement Yesterday:

M1: eggs, kale, bacon, kraut, black coffee

more black coffee

M2: Paleo Beef Casserold (The Paleo Slow Cooker), square of Midnight Coconut (100% Cacao)

Exercise: WiM Practice...did my cardio track once and the other 2 gals' twice each plus our other tracks.

kombucha

M3: Creamy Cauliflower Chicken Soup (Quick and Easy Paleo Comfort Foods), orange

Oh man am I sore this morning. And I didn't sleep very well either. I couldn't stay awake but I couldn't sleep either. The quicker I get my team teaching done and my video submitted the quicker I can get some head space back. I'm going to go abuse myself in Body Pump this morning too as I promised the gal that is subbing the class I would be there (she went through the WiM training yesterday too).

Food/Movement Yesterday (as best I can remember it)

M1: eggs, kale, bacon, kraut, black coffee

Exercise: Master class in the pool (our trainer taught the whole thing) followed by drilling the different movements in the water.

Snack: Coconut Creme Pie Larabar

Exercise: Land class (went through the whole class on land while watching ourselves in the mirrors and took turns teaching our tracks with the instructor - this was confusing because we did it in student pairs and we were all talking over each other) Land review of all the movements.

Snack: Pumpkin Spice Coconut Butter Cup

Exercise: Land class with first taping (we each taught our tracks while everyone else was a student and the instructor taped us)

M2: Tuna with mayo and olive oil, carrots, pumpkin dip (quick and easy paleo comfort foods)

Exercise: Water class and final taping (after we went through all our videos and got feedback)

Snack: Coconut Creme Pie Larabar
M3: 2 grass fed hotdogs, 2 small potatoes sauteed in bacon fat, mayo and mustard

Snacks: kombucha, pumpkin spice coconut butter cup, coconut creme pie larabar, grapes, banana

Congrats on passing your training!  It sounds like you could use a good night sleep!  I slept like a rock last night and had weird dreams that included you.  We were somewhere in the middle of the night waiting for an airplane and trying to find compliant food.  Then we just gave up and had pretzels and wine. LOL

Archived