Roll call: November Whole30s!

ladybugger14

Hi all, welcome to the latest members of the crew :)

I just realised this is day 15!how cool is that...  15 day into the beginning of my new life. I love being free to make the choices I want and recognise how much non intentional munching I was doing. now I get to listen to myself saying that's not whole 30!

I have't even thought about 're-entry' because I'm just begging to ditch old and bad (for me) habits. This was and is all about better health and lifestyle choices.

going to bed earlier and reading before turning out the lights is getting easier, so waking up earlier is easier too lol. BUT I still have those days when I'm suckered into watching something.... I"m a screen addict- it's terrible and yet I love reading!!!!

I'm loving cooking all over again and pottering in my kitchen- some meals are scrumptious and ohters are epic fails... it keeps life interesting ROFL

the italian roast pork from well fed is so delish!!! slow cooker mania rules :P

happy eating :lol:

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, I'm out. I am sorry.

This week has been stressful - my supervisor called me & told me, point blank, that I ought to be looking for another job. My partner has been hating the Whole30 from start to finish - with constipation, bloating, & general GI distress.

So tonight we went completely off-plan.

We will try again in 2015.

Good luck to everyone else!

Julie - for reintroduction, it's temping to have multiple reintros at once, like pizza or icecream, but if you have a reaction, you'll have no clue what caused it, so it's important to plan them and stick to the plan :) gluten, dairy and grains are common reactions, so leave those until later if you can. 

Tessina - way to go! :D It's so cool when you don't need medications anymore!

Jewelz - It's good practice having someone who isn't W30 in the house, there will always be temptations around, what changes is how we handle them.

Angledge, so sorry for the stress you're experiencing. Please take care of yourself. You've been a great asset to this group--and I know you're going to do great. Whole30 and the forums will be here when you're able to return--and no doubt you'll find a bunch of us knocking around them as well!  :)

Just wanted to drop in and make my commitment.

I'm a college student from Houston, TX. I want to start the Whole30 process so I can be in control of my health now, so I can have good habits when I'm older and have less time for managing myself.

I know preparation and discipline will be my issues, so I'm making a concentrated effort to make sure that I keep an open discussion of my successes and failures.

I'm going on a once in a lifetime vacation at the end of December, so I won't be starting until December 29th.

My heart goes out to Angledge, since I am expecting some push-back from my partner as well. I'll see you back here at the new year and we'll start up together!

I just wanted to Let you all know I am out too for a few reasons. 1, my parents took me and my children out to dinner and there was nothing compliant at all (all you can eat Chinese buffet), I did the best I could but it was impossible and as my dad had payed I didn't want to be ungrateful , 2, I genuinely don't feel any different and I didn't the last time I did a whole 45 my health problems are as bad if not worse, 3, I tend to lean towards an eating disorder and can feel myself getting obsessed with food it is starting to take over my life in an obsessively unhealthy way, 4, my daughter is starting to notice how fussy I am with food and I don't want her to end up with my issues.

I managed to day 22 and I am proud of that, I layed awake all night worrying about the fact I had gone off plan and the truth is I don't want to start again. I think the best thing for me is to eat as healthfully as possible while not obsessing over every bite. I am glad I was a part of this it has taught me a lot about myself and wish you all luck. It was nice getting to know you all. Sorry.

Sorry to see you go Joy. Good luck to you and I hope you find relief from your jaw pain.

Just ate the most satisfying meal in days- 1/2 large sweet potato topped with taco meat (beef), salsa, 1/2 avocado. I mashed it all up and the three littlest kids and I gobbled it up. DD asked for more, I promised to make it again soon. I have been in a major food rut lately even though I am trying new veggie dishes. Maybe it's really a life rut, lol!

Joy: definitely sad to see you go but you need to do what is best for you and your healing :) best wishes!

Day 21 almost coming to a close! I almost didnt make it through...I was tired this morning and just wanted a scope of raw sugar in my coffee...that is it! Didnt do it but I was so close!! I feel like I am going to be throwing myself across the finish line. But I am thinking about doing another one as I feel like I have sooo much to learn! I did some meal prep for the week as I am feeling that I might crumble if I dont keep myself organized. Here is to the last full week!

Ok, so here's my predicament.... My friend from work and I both started this together "officially" on Monday Nov 10th, but I had already got in gear and started on Friday the 7th. We didn't do this to loose weight as we are both quite slim, it was more to see if there were any real health benefits.   Anyway, I had a wedding to attend on Friday the 14th so I strayed away and was back on track on the Sunday the 16th.  I didn't dare tell myself that I had to restart as I know I would have thrown in the towel there and then.  The plan was of course to carry on past the "official" 30 days until I had reached the true 30 days.   So in my head I'm on day 15 and I don't know if I can see it through.  I'm starting to sleep better these last 3 nights and I'm waking up nice and fresh.  I had my first food dream last night too! The thing is, I really, really miss BREAD and crackers and cheese!  I'm trying my best to keep on track but I really don't know if I'm gonna make it!  

I work in a bakery and I also bake from home.  I HAVE to taste my produce before it goes to customers so I can't stay away from sugar etc for good.  I always make the families dinners from scratch and I have done for years.  

Am I just hitting a wall?   I'm having some serious arguments with myself these last few days too lol   Aaaaaagggghghhhhhh

Hi susanleona! You are just hitting a wall and I myself am running head first into that wall :) I too have been having arguments with myself! You can do it..you have come this far. Bread, cheese, and crackers arent going anywhere..they will be there at the end. I cant tell you how badly I want a cup of coffee or tea with sugar in it...so so badly. Im not doing this to lose weight either; just to see if there are any health benefits. But cravings come and go..some days are worse than others..distract yourself: take a bubble bath, read, walk, watch a comedy, dont watch food commercials!, paint your toes, listen to music, etc. Just do something nice for yourself because you know in the long run bread, cheese, and crackers wont be nice to you. Sorry if any of this sounds harsh but its what ive been saying to myself! Keep going.

Guys, I'm out. I am sorry.

This week has been stressful - my supervisor called me & told me, point blank, that I ought to be looking for another job. My partner has been hating the Whole30 from start to finish - with constipation, bloating, & general GI distress.

So tonight we went completely off-plan.

We will try again in 2015.

Good luck to everyone else!

*HUGGLES*

wow!!! opened up to hear the bad news about Angledge and Joy :(

Angledge: no job = no food, don't you dare appologise for taking care of priorities- relationships come first and work is a biggie. You will have learnt so much from giving this a crack- stuff about your body, how you respond, healthier eating patterns and healthier cooking styles. Y,ou don't leave empty handed, just savvier ;)

Joy- thought you were amazing for doing the whole 30 with all the stuff happening in your life!!! now I find out your really honest as well!!! You have to do what is best for your physical, emotional and mental health. Keeping on down a slippery slope to trouble is insane- glad your pulling up now- thAT IS A GREAT EXAMPLE for your daughter- btw are you general trained under that middie badge? :) ( aka old school hospital trained DC lol)

Tessina how fantabulous- no meds! congratulations- now that's a great way to save some coins - holiday coming up? :)

cooking for family gathering of 16 tonight- yep all whole 30 main- slow cooked lamb-( ala Matt Preston), tatties, pumpkin roasted and huge green salad

antipasto platter and desert are challenging- so I'll be opting for fruit, not chocolate fudgie delishiousness, and soda water not bubbles rofl. I don't mind I'm looking forward to that juicy, tender fall apart lamb yummmm

be blessed cheers :P

I just wanted to Let you all know I am out too for a few reasons. 1, my parents took me and my children out to dinner and there was nothing compliant at all (all you can eat Chinese buffet), I did the best I could but it was impossible and as my dad had payed I didn't want to be ungrateful , 2, I genuinely don't feel any different and I didn't the last time I did a whole 45 my health problems are as bad if not worse, 3, I tend to lean towards an eating disorder and can feel myself getting obsessed with food it is starting to take over my life in an obsessively unhealthy way, 4, my daughter is starting to notice how fussy I am with food and I don't want her to end up with my issues.

I managed to day 22 and I am proud of that, I layed awake all night worrying about the fact I had gone off plan and the truth is I don't want to start again. I think the best thing for me is to eat as healthfully as possible while not obsessing over every bite. I am glad I was a part of this it has taught me a lot about myself and wish you all luck. It was nice getting to know you all. Sorry.

Joy the best that anyone can ask is to take care of yourself, if you feel Whole 30 is wrong for you or causing you issues I don't think anyone would look down on you for that. *HUGGLES*

I absolutely know there are health benefits.  Whenever I take a "break" and let myself eat a slice of pizza, my hip bones burn from my fibromyalgia and I am almost incapacitated until I get back on plan.  It's one thing to "choose" to be on a restricted diet; it's another thing to discover that you "have" to be on a restricted diet.  For me, I think it's the dairy but I've never chosen to do a full and methodical reintroduction to figure out just what triggers it.

For today - scrambled eggs and steamed kale for breakfast; nomnompaleo 50-50 burgers for lunch.  Not sure yet what's for dinner.  I have a dry brined spatchcocked turkey sitting in the fridge ala nomnompaleo butterflied big bird, which I will probably cook on Wednesday.  We are most excited about paleo Thanksgiving side dishes.

Oh Angledge, you are breaking my ever lovin' heart! I loved having you in this forum.  We'll watch for you when things feel a little more under control in the new year. 

I have been feeling a little re-entry anxiety so I thought through what I need to keep me from going completely off the rails and came up with the following:

• Chopped roasted and froze a bunch of butternut squash last night, along with cubed sweet potatoes.  Will continue to prep and freeze foods this final week so that I have an arsenal in the freezer to keep me from grabbing for convenience junk on my way home from work.  
  • Printed up all my favorite recipes and put them in a binder so I have all my go-to meal ideas in one place. 
  • My husband and I agreed that when we want to go "off-roading" we will go out to eat, enjoy the meal, and then be done with it.  This way we aren't bringing all those foods into our home.  

Hoping this group will continue through the first few re-entry weeks so that we can encourage and support each other!

Julie

Julie, that is so awesome that your husband is so supportive. Sounds like you have a good plan in place for post whole30.

Susanleona, my drug of choice is chocolate. I find I crave it when I am depressed or stressed about something, usually a family issue. But I have come to realize that I will never be able to eat enough chocolate to satisfy me. It won't make me feel better about the situation, it will only make me feel worse about myself. That is what I have been telling myself repeatedly these past few days. I don't know what advice to give you about your job situation, but as far as tasting the food for your family, what I do is make them taste it! I have asked my hubby a few times to tell me if the noodles are done or if the sauce has enough salt, etc.

Day 22 coming to a close. I have lots of cooked veggies in the fridge I can just reheat. Made the spicy tuna cakes from NomNom Paleo today and they were tasty. This week I am really looking forward to the cranberry Waldorf salad from the Clothes Make The Girl. Really need to get my act together and make a menu plan.

Archived