• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 6 Mini AIP

M2 is blowing my mind. I love weird combos!

Weird combos by virtue of what I can grab out of my fridge and prepare quickly :huh:.

M1 6:45am: leftover steak and salad, avo oil and bals vin, and a few slices beef bacon, then coffee with CM

M2 11:30am: leftover seafood/spaghetti squash/greens, 1/2 avocado, olives, apple

S 7:15pm: some fruit and veggies brought to me from a meet and greet thing at work which I couldn't attend because I was slammed.. Inhaled.

M3 10:45pm yikes! worked late: 2 drumsticks, salad of romaine, parsley, cilantro, olives, carrots with avo oil and bals vin, banana.

That's it. I'm cooked. G'night.

Mini AIP Day 7!

M1 drumstick and coffee/cm (1 cup before and 1 cup after)

M2 leftover seafood/sp sq/greens with a few slices beef bacon chopped in

M3 apple, spoonful coconut butter, drumstick, romaine/parsley/cilantro swirled around in the fat (yum), banana, kombucha

M4 TBA. probably salmon patties and roasted roots and bok choy.

I'm getting a cold, started feeling it in the back of my throat last night. Pulled out the Zicam and oil of oregano. I'll have some bone broth.

I'm making my first batch of kombucha. Tea is cooling now. Scoby in before bed. Wish me luck!

I decided the best pre-wo gnosh is beef bacon. Protein and fat, oh yea.

Post-wo meal was M4: small sweet pot, romaine salad, the rest of the seafood medley. That stuff is good... from costco, wild caught.

Now, bone broth with...... you guessed it, turmeric and ginger.

Mini AIP Day eight!

I think I scared my cold away. Good.

My daughter got her driver's license today. Scary.

Slept in and then only coffee/cm. I ate nothing until 4:30pm today, after the road test. Bad.

So I went to a grocery, bought sliced roast beef (ie, deli-sliced at the store but in a package with plastic wrap and a simple label that did not list ingredients, so who knows), baby carrots, salad greens and a jar of compliant olives and ate it in the car.

Pre-wo: another slice of RB

Very quick wo at home.

5 minutes late to overnight shift.

Eating dinner now (10pm): drumsticks, shiitake mushrooms, bok choy. Gingerade kombucha.

Brought sweet pot, RB, greens, olives and apple for later.

AIPita nine

AM meal: apple, bok choy and coconut butter. that's right.

Slept all day. Coffee/cm when I woke up.

PM meal: pork chops, apple, zucchini, and summer squash tossed into the pan, kale, salad greens

I'm on back up call tomorrow all day, so I'll shop and cook and garden and stay close to home in case I get called in.

I go to Nashville for a week on Weds, and need to start a list of travel-ables and go-to groceries there.

If I fail to plan I plan to fail. Right?

Look at me, posting my food log in your log. Oops! I'm moving it.

Congrats to your daughter. Yikes! I can definitely wait for the driving to start. I failed my test at 17 and then didn't get my license till I was 20. I was probably one of ten kids in the history of NJ to wait that long.

Day 10 mini AIP.

I wish the public transportation system here was better. Having a new driver in the family is increasing my stress and inflammation! Beets and Nadia, on behalf of your mothers, I thank you for (Beets) waiting and (Nadia) not yet and maybe never. The other day we were walking into a parking lot and a car was coming and I automatically put my arm out to stop my daughter. She looked at me funny and I told her I'd probably be still doing that when she was 40. Maternal reflex never goes away.

Got a critter STILL digging up the garden. I decided to plant everything in pots this time, but BF remains optimistic despite the fact that round two (all his tomato plants) is a FAIL. I am not even going there; that last garden box can stay empty.

What to eat today? got roots, got greens. Serious protein deficiency in this house. Costco today.

Tomorrow morning I am having egg yolks.

Kombucha is brewing, nuts soaking since last night (die, enzyme inhibitors, die!). My oven only goes as low as 200, and this is CoCal after all, so I think I'll spread those on a tray and put them in the sun, and then finish them in the oven.

Happy Friday, everyone!

Love the sun drying idea! We tried to dry acorns that way (my husband wanted me to make acorn flour for some weird reason), but it didn't work. I think you will have better success in CA than I did in MN!!!

Congrats on finishing your mini AIP!

pjena, it would have if I had gotten them out earlier. So a few hours in the sun, and now in the oven.

I didn't make it to the store today, but I did make a big dent in organizing files, and laundry, and I worked out. My seedlings are sprouting! I am so excited!

M1 leftovers from dinner, coffee with cm

M2 salad green, kale, sweet potato, sardines, apple

M3 TBA

Wah wah wah, I'm sick. I thought I had beaten the bug, but it snuck back in to my chest and now my airways are on fire. Bone broth. Check.

I have a lovely photo of egg yolks that refuses to uploadAnd one day to finish a big project that really needs a week. Story of my life.So, status-post mini AIP, reintro day 1, egg yolks. Almonds are soaked and dried, ready for reintro next week sometime. It would be great if I could take them on my trip.

Thanks, guys. I didn't get out of my jammies at all today. Lazed, grazed (on 'compliant' foods, but still), and laptopped, worked all day on my project. I feel like a walking petri dish of contagion, and considered calling in sick to work tomorrow, but I am feeling not quite so dead, so I'll probably be able to go in. I have mixed feelings about this because, while I don't want to be sick, I could really use another day on my laptop. On the couch. In my jammies.

Foodwise: Egg yolks, no problemo. I didn't think there would be, but I am going to reintroduce slowly and methodically.

Dinner was one of those, oh no, there's nothing in the house to eat. And I ended up with a plate of shrimp, roasted red and yellow beets, fennel, cilantro, parsley and the remaining few edible bits of romaine, drizzled with aged balsamic vinegar. Boo hoo, poor deprived me. I really do need to get to the store. Kids are complaining.

Oil of oregano. The bomb. My favorite snake oil. Feeling miraculously better today.

M1: coffee/cm, 2 HB eggs (a la hospital cafeteria, so 'conventional,' not pastured, ie toxic, tortured, caged :(), roasted roots (red and yellow beets, turnips), olives.

I didn't really pack anything for Meals 2 and 3, but voila, I did bring bone broth with turmeric and ginger, a jar of olives, a can of coconut milk, some avo oil/bals vin, and I have in my locker a can of butternut squash, a can of tuna, and tins of kippers and sardines. If I wrangle up something green I'm golden. Sometimes this feels so easy.

I weighed myself this morning because I felt like I had released some fat, and the scale does read 2-3 lbs lighter. Amazing how I can perceive that small amount of weight/fat. I also have been throwing my kettlebells around with respectable frequency and am feeling stronger. It all does come back quickly (with consistency). Okay, so there's hope.

Addendum: Mid-afternoon I got the major hungries, was this close to face-planting in something bready or nutty, and then I just put on my big girl panties and had an early M3: the rest of the salad from M2, a can of tuna, a bunch of olives and a granny smith apple I foraged. Whew, and phew. I'm hoping this keeps me steady till I get home, around 8 tonight, and if I need a mini meal before bed I'll have one.

Addendum addendum: not exactly a mini meal, but 2 happy eggs, yellow beets, turnips, broccoli. Nothing like good food when yer hungry.

I kept to my plan and I'm really, really happy about that.

...cancel that... too much coconut butter. I have a little problem with coconut butter.

I can't remember who posted this a month or so ago in response to my same question. Beets? LadyM? I think Beets but I might be wrong.

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/2008/07/soaking-nuts.html

I was a little gassy yesterday. Maybe from the whole eggs. Or maybe from all the roasted roots. I'll have to keep experimenting. A day or two back to strict AIP and lower FODMAPs and then re-reintro. Would have been nice to have the option of eggs while traveling, but my commitment is to figuring this all out.

Oh it's beets for sure! I always get this but love them so much. Golden beets are so sweet and pretty.

I have tried almond butter and got reaction immediately. However it took me only one night to recover. I've read that this is how you know that you are progressing with healing, not by the ability to handle certain food, but by the speed of recovery.

Low FODMAps is a pain, eh? All the fun food is there.

Nuts are not salty at all after this?

That's so true and always encouraging to hear, Nadia, about the speedier recoveries. I have also noticed my reactions are less severe with less number of symptoms at once. It's still disconcerting enough to get me back on track pretty quickly, but not so severe that an occasional offroading can still be worth it.

Nuts are not salty at all after this?

Not salty.

And I am floored. Despite plans not to do so, I busted them out. Ate about a cup (yes, food without breaks), but... no GI distress. A cup of unsoaked nuts would have torn up my gut, but so far... nothing. Crazy.

Kombucha news: I have a new SCOBY forming!

Yaaaay for scoby. Join the mad women talk in the booch thread. I've warned you it's a Wild West out there :D

Ok, i am not soaking them. I am a nuts inhaler. Not happening. If I say it often enough I will convince myself right?

Good idea, Nadia.

Mo, was it you who initially posted the soaked nuts link? Well, whoever it was, thank you (I think!).

I started reading the booch thread and will definitely spend some time there.

Archived