• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got smart this time and made sure to find a mixer wo hfcs- found one at whole foods with agave. Had 3 cocktails, oi. We had a fire and my husbands coworker/friend was drinking too and getting drunk was a fun group activity. About halfway trough my burger salad I started getting really bold and curious about the rice flour bagels my husband was using as a bun and and and well, I ATE A RICE FLOUR BAGEL. Eep! It was good, but only because I was drinking and on vacation. Can do without them. Nothing crazy happening yet. No bad hangover, just a little loss of balance doing tree pose (unusual for me) but I was on a rock and it could also be because of that. When I did forward bending my head felt really full and weird so I did less of that. During the night I woke up @3:30 to check on kids and was awake longer than normal. My wedding rings have left an impression in my swollen fingers and I'm a little stiff. My hips are fluffy, my belly fuller and im grateful to be in a part of the country where im still an 8 in this condition.

Coffee and cream is a good bandaid.

Calee, what's your plan for the beef? I know you liked the idea of beef broth.

I'm definitely in for reintros.

Going on a bone hunt at the butcher this morning. After that a bit of GF ground beef. There's nothing else that I want to reintro right now. I like the boundaries around my eating that AIP has provided. I just need to spend more creative time in the kitchen. I'm going to pick up liver pâté ingredients this morning as well as ground lamb.

Later I'm going to experiment w egg yolks but not for awhile. I think I have my list. Tomatoes and peppers are definitely on it. The tomatoes aren't good yet so no rush there. :)

What are you thinking to reintro first Beets?

When I did forward bending my head felt really full and weird so I did less of that. During the night I woke up @3:30 to check on kids and was awake longer than normal. My wedding rings have left an impression in my swollen fingers and I'm a little stiff. My hips are fluffy, my belly fuller and im grateful to be in a part of the country where im still an 8 in this condition.

Coffee and cream is a good bandaid.

I'm sorry you woke up feeling less than optimal. That happens to me often. Just a little extra fruit does it.

I had to laugh about your "part of the country" comment. Aren't sizes the same in all parts of the country? I know different countries vary widely, no pun intended. Last night I saw my first Whole30 change. My 8 jeans were looking a little baggy in the thighs. I'm praying for a bit of weight release at the end of this W30.

• Moderators

Well, I just gifted myself my longed-for meal: sweet potato hash and three eggs cooked in bacon fat, bacon, and half an avocado. Lovely. It was good, but not earth shattering. Perhaps no food is anymore. Wouldn't that be grand? I also made mayo last night and am looking forward to making my favorite chicken salad with celery, grapes, walnuts, and poppyseeds. Feels appropriately festive for a holiday weekend.

Calee, I'm surprised to learn how small you are given the ways you've spoken about yourself. (and happy dance for baggy clothes!) Question: do you still struggle with feeling like a fat person regardless of the extraordinary weight loss you've achieved? In other words, are you truly able to see yourself as you are?

Ditto. I don't think I've ever seen myself as I am--thinking I was big when I was small, vice versa and back again.

I had a grand plan for introducing nothing but wine this weekend. This morning I went to pilates (rocking). I got a big pork butt and some pastured pork bacon, some ground beef/bacon for burgers.

An old favorite beer/sandwich shop was across the street and I volunteered to get a RB sandwich for my husband. Ran into a guy I went to college with, had a nice self-fortifying chat. Felt happy, energized, a little wheeeee!. Took forever to get sandwich, became starving. Got a free bag of chips with sandwich. Small batch chips, but with canola. They also had nice Brooklyn-made chocolate bars Ive wanted to try (just cocoa and sugar).

Tried chocolate (eh), ate chips in car. Gassiness ensued. Chocolate or canola oil? Fact that chips are made with nightshade white potatoes? Feeling annoyed that I can't manage to not screw up re-intros. Oh I also had a bite of coconut milk-based ice cream last night with agave (ick) and carrageenan. Been craving coffee for days. Had a decaf americano, black. Stomach definitely not happy.

Grrrrr. Feeling frustrated with myself. Clearly I need rules--always. However I won't let this turn into a free-for-all.

Calee, I'm surprised to learn how small you are given the ways you've spoken about yourself. (and happy dance for baggy clothes!) Question: do you still struggle with feeling like a fat person regardless of the extraordinary weight loss you've achieved? In other words, are you truly able to see yourself as you are?

LadyM... I was 75-105 pounds over todays weight for 40 years. Being smaller after decades of working on it, I do see myself as I am today, or maybe not. Its tough to tell. What I do is appreciate where I am. The previous owner of my home where I've lived for 10 years, put floor to ceiling mirrors on two walls. I have forced myself to stand naked in front of those mirrors and say nice affirmations about my body about really how well it gets me through life. I've done that at all sizes. While I don't feel fat, I would like to be more toned,less fluffy. I'm at the top of healthy BMI for my height but at my age, it's ok. I hoped for shedding 5 pounds with this Whole30 but more for optimal health. I want to walk the Camino de Santiago in Spain with my son, either next year or the following year. Depends on getting 6 weeks off work to do it. It's a 500 mile trek, carrying a pack, so optimal health is important. Sorry to ramble......

Beets, I'm sorry this reintro is hard. Pay it no mind and have your "real" reintro tomorrow so you can feel good about it. Unless of course feeling bad bout it is serving some good purpose. I vote for feeling good!

Yesterday was day 2 of vacay, we have a kitchen in the cabin which I am grateful for though we did eat dinner out.

M1: coffee w/ half n half, 3 of my little Banty mini eggs fried in bacon grease and bacon. The last fee times I ate eggs I got weak and tired immediately after. Nothing happened yesterday, took the kids hiking and adventuring all morning.

M2: larabar, coconut water (carsnax)(no immediate reaction)

M3: picnic at the lake- burger patty and guac, packed a salad but forgot a fork

M4: got back to cabin and ate the salad with tessamaes dressing and another burger patty and guac. As soon as I finished the salad I got so tired I took a nap, and so bloated with extreme belching. Of all the crap I'd eaten, who woulda thunk it'd be the lettuce- I already know this about lettuce but dangit if a salad isn't the most convenient veggie :(

M5: Mexican restaurant: after my nap I felt better, had a small cocktail before dinner then just wanted to order what looked good. I had flautas in corn tortillas, corn chips, queso, salsa, papas, beans, sour cream. So many off-plan goods I was just sort of waiting for a storm, but besides just feeling a little full nothing happened. Before bed I may have had a moment of mild queasiness. I woke up in the night and rubbed my face half expecting to be covered in boils. No boils. No bloating. My tummy isn't as flat as I've seen it but frankly I just kind of have a convex low belly. Bowel movements still great. No brain fog. I feel happy and pretty normal. My hemorrhoid I started Aip with (oh cholula!) has gone away and I think I'll just not go overboard on spicy stuff.

While I may feel worse as these foods move trough my system more, and it may cause me to revise my stance on them what I have learned so far is this: I love the way I feel when I eat clean. For me clean means following IBS protocol, with caution regarding Aip foods. Eggs and soaked nuts may be ok. Nightshades prob too, but because eating meat and cooked veggies is something I've done for so many days in a row it has become my default WOE with other foods really being off roads. I like the offroading metaphor and I feel pretty confident in my ability to keep my vessel in balance while doing so. I've also come to terms with my figure in a way that I'm not doing obsessive diet behaviors and punishing myself for eating something and going into a negative pattern. There is a lot of love and competence in feeding myself, that's the real gift here.

• Moderators

I've also come to terms with my figure in a way that I'm not doing obsessive diet behaviors and punishing myself for eating something and going into a negative pattern. There is a lot of love and competence in feeding myself, that's the real gift here.

I'm so happy you've truly given yourself this vacation and I love the way you're doing this, Mo. You are gifting yourself all the way around, and it shows. Congrats!

Our thread is dipping lower and lower on the list!

How are reintroductions going for everyone?

I've had no problem so far with egg yolks or soaked nuts.

Egg whites iffy. And that's it so far for me!

I haven't added anything yet. Stick stickin with it.

I'm so glad to hear you're not having a problem with yolks! My trust will come soon.

Aw, I think it's just Memorial Day weekend. We'll all be back tomorrow. (?)

I added back in alcohol, egg yolks (mayo) and cumin. Also had some sugar. And some chocolate. And today some white potatoes. All in a completely unscientific uncontrolled manner.

I don't feel bad and so far no skin reactions, though a skin reaction might take a few days to rear its head.

I had coriander and few spoons of almond butter. Immediate reaction but fast recovery. Affected digestion slightly. I've also ate 2 squares of dark organic chocolate with ground espresso in it. Itchy itchy itchy. Back to clean. I am not there yet.

I finish my Whole 30 on the 30th. This time following just the template and not AIP. Is anyone up for a round of Whole 30? I want to add in limited peppers and tomatoes, and test beef and eggs which are all W30 approved.

Anyone up for it? I want to go until I wake up feeling fabulous in the morning.

• Moderators

Except my one major offroad over the weekend, I'm back to Whole30. No interest in reintroducing anything. At the health food store yesterday I thought, hey, I could get a bar of chocolate or a bag of crunchy something or other . . . but why would I do that?

I am not feeling fabulous in the morning or otherwise. Definitely feeling huge again. And impatient. But what else to do but exercise?

Except my one major offroad over the weekend, I'm back to Whole30. No interest in reintroducing anything. At the health food store yesterday I thought, hey, I could get a bar of chocolate or a bag of crunchy something or other . . . but why would I do that?

I am not feeling fabulous in the morning or otherwise. Definitely feeling huge again. And impatient. But what else to do but exercise?

I just want to hug you. The only place we get huge is a week is in our head. I'm sorry you're feeling this way.

Reading the off road adventures of several Team inflammation members has solidified my intent to not off road. I want to continue healing. There is no single food that I want more than a happy body. I'm seeing so much improvement and want to continue. Today is Day 29 but I will just roll it into my Whole Whatever. I will continue to eat by template but focus more on Whole 9 concepts, not necessarily logging my food unless it's a challenging situation or recording reentry of beef and eggs, nightshades.

I'm glad I'm not the only one continuing!

I had an autoimmune collapse yesterday. I spent the whole day at parents cooking for them and watching Dad. I made his favorite "veggie caviar", which is an autoimmune bomb - eggplants, tomatoes and bell peppers. Of course I had to est it in order to season it right and get the right texture. I was making mayo for him and was testing it in order to adjust the taste. I shamefully licked the bowl clean. Then I had a horrible commute home in a thunderstorm that took me 3,5 hours instead of 40 min. Got home at 3 AM drenched to the bones (last part of commute was walking for 20 min, no umbrella and a giant bag with blender I need to return to the store for them). Had two squares of chocolate with ground espresso. Now that I had 4 hours of sleep I am thinking of getting a coffee because there is no way I'll make it through the day without it. Power through? Uhuuhu. Rashes and breakouts on my face.

Nadia what a rough night! I was awoken @ midnight (through a haze of melatonin) with a text message saying tornado warning take shelter immediately. My husband is still out of town. We don't have a basement. The sirens started going off shortly after. Put the kids in a closet. Watched the radar on tv, it was just hail- no tornado thankfully. But I had driven through Moore Oklahoma this weekend and seen the devastation there where many people died. My adrenaline was coursing, I was hyper alert. I'm grateful for those instincts. The storm passed, I put the kids back to bed and took more melatonin and looked at my phone Internet till I fell off. This morning I overslept. Got the kids out the door just in time, then saw the hail damage to my precious, new to me, Prius. Called my brother slash insurance agent then went immediately to Starbucks. Filed my claim, enjoying my sweet creamy treat without a speck of guilt, shame, fear or worry about what will happen. I don't even care if I look like Humpty Dumpty in my leotard at ballet tonight. That's my time. This is my day. I'm grateful to just be alive right now, to have a car that drives despite being beat up and cracked. I feel the same way about my body- may have some minor problems but, shit, IT'S STILL ON THE ROAD!

M - Be kind to yourself. I have to admit to similar feelings yesterday. My dinner was too big and I had thoughts that I should work it off. Bad thoughts from my calorie counting days. I took that as a good reason to NOT exercise and to watch a movie instead. :D

Nadia - What a night! I'm sorry you are having a reaction to your taste testing. How frustrating!

Mulov - So scary! We get tornados in MN, but nothing like the ones you get and most houses have basements. I'm so thankful for that. For some reason, I'm deathly afraid of tornados even though I've never been in one. We had a pretty bad one (nothing like Moore!) go through North Minneapolis (prob 20 minutes from me) a couple years ago, but I was safe in my basement with 6 little boys screaming and eating popsicles out of the basement freezer and acting like it was a party. I pray you don't experience a bad one! And I'm SO sorry about your Prius! I love my Camry hybrid and would be so sad if it got hail pocks. You have a great attitude today!

Oh Mo, I don't have a car, but I guess it's a bit like a family member. I hope that you'll get it fixed and it will look shiny new soon. Weather is going crazy everywhere. I guess it needs to do a WHOLE30!

Weather: if I think too much about it I'll have to dive into the old bottles of psychiatric meds in my bureau. Our kids will have an insane mess to deal with. I keep telling my husband we need to move to high ground, northwards. Sorry for 3am night, N, and hail damage, M. I would be crazy pissed if that happened to my car. Mostly bc it would most likely have to stay that way. Here's to mild dry high 70s weather. Someone somewhere is enjoying that. (We have mid 80s, humidity and t-storms here. Blech.)

Who made AIP pork? I have a big pork butt I want to slow cook. I could prob use my good ol' nomnom Korean BBQ flavors but would like to try something else.

Ginger garlic and ? I live near Indian/Asian groceries and want to get some lemongrass.

Archived