Beets, I've made balsamic roast with garlic, rosemary, oregano, thyme and balsamic vinegar. Look for grated frozen lemongrass tubs. It tastes as good as the fresh one. I store a jar in my freezer, very handy.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did pork roast with orange slices on top and herb de Provence, it was delicious. And another with garlic and ginger in the flesh with sage and grated orange peel. At the cabin this weekend I did another with just sprinkling some "Tuscan herb" blend from the regular store, like McCormick brand, and apple slices over that.

All 3 of these were from cafos, and I have not mutated perceptibly yet. Skimmed the fat, used the gelatin pan drippings for sure though.

Thanks guys. This will go in the slow cooker tonight. Humidity season is slow cooker season.

My kimchi eating daughter just discovered me in the kitchen pulling the last strands of brisket from a blob of fat. There was just enough for lunch. "Meat, mama!" I couldn't say no. But I did feel a little bit sad (along with the shame of hoarding brisket for myself).

post-14185-13698595062397_thumb.jpg

Oh, thank goodness! I am dedicating myself to long term grain free diet, but I'm going to be more lenient in terms of some of the W30 guidelines like limiting fruit and paleofying. And dairy and sugar can be the places I venture to for naughtiness or cutting loose.

That oughta do it for how much I need to think about my food now. I'm ready to coast for a while.

^I asked her that bc practical paleo lists both as inflammatory in nature and would benefit from an Aip. But really, following that for any length of time, unnecessarily, is just crazy making and I think what caused me to rebel a little.

We are way past any existing protocol. We are all playing food tetris here in order to come up with a custom version of "healing protocol" for oneself. Following the "one fits all" set of rules proved to be beneficial as a start, but failed when prolonged. Good that we don't have three lives until game over appears. We have all the time we are ready to invest in it, right? Onward to the better versions of ourselves!

I just ate strawberry ice cream. That made me feel so tired and crummy I made some coffee. With cream.

What the heck did I eat this weekend that triggered this self-destructive streak? I guess it was that I not only had one single dessert (like in previous off-roading) but also sugar in bbq potato chips, sugar in all the chocolate I ate (wasn't dark and I ate it all) on top of my dried fruit. Also the wine. Also I drank a lot of kombucha? Could that be a player for me?

I was doing great today but didn't eat a big enough lunch and then ate raisins at the playground. I do much better when I bring my lunch there versus rushing to eat before I pick my son up from school.

I'm doing another whole something. I thought that, like Moluv, it'd backfire but I need the rules right now. Pus my 39th birthday is June 22 and I want to hit that feeling good. Maybe I'll even get tiger blood this time? Tempted to start Jun 1 but do a w22, but then I'm afraid not being in a "real" w30 will make it harder for me to stick with the rules. Do I log in the post-w30 area? Then what is keeping me compliant? I feel like I need to be a grown-up and make my own rules, but I'm also flapping in the wind and in dire need of structure.

Maybe part of the anxiety is the reminder on my screen of my friend's birthday. ____ _____'s 39th birthday: Tomorrow. When her birthday hits I know it's only days till mine and panic sets in. (Absurd, but true.)

I may possibly be overreacting to this forray into the dark side. I bet I can stick with a w22. Of course I can. I just need to tell myself I am doing it.

This coffee tastes amazing but it is tearing my stomach apart. Noticeable pain going on--in kidney area as well as stomach. Crazy. I used to drink cups of this stuff every single day without fail.

Going to stop drinking it. (Nadia, I held off my morning plan to drink coffee. But the thought was lodged in my brain.)

Beets, same here. It tasted amazing, it helped me to get through my day but...my tummy. I feel like I've swallowed a bag of nails. It was an emergency and I am not drinking it unless an extreme situation. F***it.

Sorry that you are feeling this way. Wishing fast recovery.

I'm so so sorry for the middle of the night walk and tasting consequences. I know your dad appreciates the food Nadia. It's too bad it hit you so hard.

Mo, your poor car! How sad that it's showing the storm damage. I'm just glad you and the kids are ok.

Beets, it's tough to watch the struggle you're going through knowing that only you can step out of this cycle. Why not hop right back on the template?

I spent years in Overeaters Anonymous. Their the first years I let go of sugar and mostly flour for nine years. I thought I would cry bout it forever but was actually grateful for the boundaries. Just a little wasnt an option. I think that's what I like about WholeWhatever, it's just not an option with certain foods. I want to wake up singing! I'm down to 1 cup of green tea (freakin tastes like grass) in the morning. Eventually the miracle of incredible energy happens, right?

Beets, this might sound stupid, and could just be a case of me being a little weird with numbers, but would it be easier for you to think of it as a W21 - that breaks down nicely as 3 whole weeks rather than 22 which is a silly number that doesn't mean anything?

Moluv, I live in fear of my car getting hail damage - insurance doesn't cover that here, but they kindly send me a text every time a storm is forecast - even though my car is usually at the train station and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it! Drives me batty!

I just feel so bad for you guys not being able to enjoy coffee without repercussions!

Wow! You guys rock - you are all absolutely totally freakin awesome! I found this thread this morning - don't know why I never found it before. I missed my breakfast, made myself late for the hospital, rushed back and couldn't be bothered eating until I'd read my way right through it.

Saturday I'm starting a W30 AIP, I'm comitting to it because I've been pussyfooting around it too long. I'm excited, anxious, angry, freaked out, looking forward to it and having a temper tantrum all at the same time :) Reading through this thread has really, really helped. I can do this, I know I can, I just need to keep reminding myself. Giving up my morning black coffee is going to be the hardest thing, followed by chili and spices but I need to focus on what I can have, not what I can't.

I've been reading up on FODMAPS as well as I think there may be some issues there but I can only do so much at a time. I started making lists of foods to avoid on on AIP, those high in fodmaps, those to avoid for thyroid issues, those to avoid for histamines, oxylates etc and got to the stage of 'Glass of water, anyone?' :blink: I'm going AI and that's it, after 30 days I'll take it from there.

So thank you all for really, truly inspiring me. I'm totally in awe of each and every one of you, not only for what you've done but the self knowledge you seem to have gained. If any of you are carrying on with the AI protocol, I'd love to join you and I wish all of you the very best in your whole healthy life.

That was good to read Kirsteen. I've been feeling like a bit of a failure these last couple days.

I'll be back on AIP as of Sunday.

This group was really amazing! I feel real anxiety at the thought of it disbanding. We really worked some some important, life changing things together.

Jo, 21 days is more even. :) And more appealing to my organization-craving brain as well.

Wow! You guys rock - you are all absolutely totally freakin awesome! I found this thread this morning - don't know why I never found it before. I missed my breakfast, made myself late for the hospital, rushed back and couldn't be bothered eating until I'd read my way right through it.

Saturday I'm starting a W30 AIP, I'm comitting to it because I've been pussyfooting around it too long. I'm excited, anxious, angry, freaked out, looking forward to it and having a temper tantrum all at the same time :) Reading through this thread has really, really helped. I can do this, I know I can, I just need to keep reminding myself. Giving up my morning black coffee is going to be the hardest thing, followed by chili and spices but I need to focus on what I can have, not what I can't.

I've been reading up on FODMAPS as well as I think there may be some issues there but I can only do so much at a time. I started making lists of foods to avoid on on AIP, those high in fodmaps, those to avoid for thyroid issues, those to avoid for histamines, oxylates etc and got to the stage of 'Glass of water, anyone?' :blink: I'm going AI and that's it, after 30 days I'll take it from there.

So thank you all for really, truly inspiring me. I'm totally in awe of each and every one of you, not only for what you've done but the self knowledge you seem to have gained. If any of you are carrying on with the AI protocol, I'd love to join you and I wish all of you the very best in your whole healthy life.

Hi Kirsteen,

My Whole30 ends tomorrow. I stated AIP on Day 15 with this wonderful group. But I was partially there as I let go of nightshades on Day 1 as well as beef, eggs and oranges. Coffee went on day 15 and black tea on day 26. There is so so much more left than a drink of water! My experience is that when I'm gripping tight to a food group, finally letting go is actually the most liberating feeling. I never thought it possible but in my food recovery I have discovered it over and over for the last 24 years. I view Whole30 as healing in my mind what I have healed in my body, formerly morbidly obese. That thinking lives on for a long time. The freedom of not calculating calories, carbs and whether I'm a good girl based on the scale has been liberating, to say the least.

I intend to carry on with AIP because there isn't a food that I want more than waking up radiant. I'm finally starting to feel it. Woke with the birds at 4am, sipping a cup of jasmine pearl tea. Delightful. I intend to weigh tomorrow to see what's happened. I started at 148.6 and I'm curious. I put on 5 pounds last fall when I took a desk job and stopped hiking 30-40 miles a week.

So if you'd like to join forces for the next 30 of AIP, I'm in! I don't know who else might want to do that. Let me know.

I intend to carry on with AIP because there isn't a food that I want more than waking up radiant. I'm finally starting to feel it. Woke with the birds at 4am, sipping a cup of jasmine pearl tea. Delightful. I intend to weigh tomorrow to see what's happened. I started at 148.6 and I'm curious. I put on 5 pounds last fall when I took a desk job and stopped hiking 30-40 miles a week.

So if you'd like to join forces for the next 30 of AIP, I'm in! I don't know who else might want to do that. Let me know.

I want to feel this! You just convinced me.

Beets, Nadia!!! You lovely girls just made my day! I am having a joyful last day of this Whole 30. I don't want to off road or start cravings so I will just continue on.

I wrote in my log this morning that I feel like its the last day of Survivor, but instead of remembering past players, I am remembering past ailments. I feel very tearful and emotional with joy.

Shall we start a new Whole30 AIP post or continue in here?

I feel giddy excited. Strange huh? An yes, I do have a life! :)

I want back in, too. Your glow is affecting all of us, Calee!

Love it! I was afraid you young hotties wouldn't want to hang out with me after that AIP! You just made my day!

LadyM, did you have that coffee date? Inquiring minds want to know! I loved the post in your journal about dancing all night in 4" heels! I could just picture you doing it and being the shining star of the evening.

I think everyone is comfortable with this group. Maybe just change the name that will reflect that it's an ongoing thing :) I am not setting days count, just one day at a time aiming to at least 30 to as long is needed.

Last night I ate a bit of a food that is not exactly AIP approved (along with morning coffee) and passed out. Rough day? Emotions? Coffee? I don't know and it doesn't matter now. My face is covered with little irritations, my KP has flared up and my tummy is full of cement. I am grateful for this regardless. It shows me exactly where I am in terms of "used to be" - "want to be". My body showed me that 10 days was just enough to get over a recent damage. Point taken, onward. And yes, I desperately want my glowing skin back. I had to take out my make up bag this morning, booo.

• Moderators

LadyM, did you have that coffee date? Inquiring minds want to know! I loved the post in your journal about dancing all night in 4" heels! I could just picture you doing it and being the shining star of the evening.

Thank you, Calee. I did feel like a shining star. It was lovely. And not sustainable. I need to remember that. There's a time to shine and a time to polish.

Coffee date is on the horizon because of travel plans. Now it's all about enjoying the anticipation and not driving myself crazy. You guys help with that. A lot. Thank you.

Archived