Derval's W30 #6

Derval

The p.t is €45 per session, if I could be sure that the insurance company will re-imburse me I would keep going but I don't think we can afford to :( I'll have to chat to dh about it.

Good idea re the JMBR Lizzard, I am sick of Cardio1 already! I won't be doing the full 3 mths anyway as I am signing up to a new kettlebells gym (could be madness!) on Monday. SO excited! It'll mean I will going to evening classes, but I'm sure after a full day with the kids I'll be only dying to hop in to the car!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so late to the party but love the nails.  I'm not very good at being a girly girl but my one weakness is pretty nail polish.  I'm pretty good at putting it on nicely but I usually trash at least one nail within an hour of it going on.  And I'm always peeling it off.  Which means I'm putting nail polish on ALL the time.  Like once every 2-3 days.  But I like putting it on so I keep doing it.  Maybe I should try the wraps!

Clever kiddies :) 

Day 25!

My goodness, it's getting close to the end now girls!

7.15am - egg loaf & black coffee

No JMBR as still sore from p.t, but gave the house a good clean.

12.30pm - my yummy stinky lunch

8888de58de5411e294dc22000ae913c2_6.jpg

6pm - bbq day :) lamb steaks, avo salad, sweet potato fries + lily's mayo

6695f908de8a11e29d7522000aaa07cd_6.jpg

Your meals look amazing as usual. It's so hot here I've given up all hope of constructing interesting meals. Congrats to your kids. It has to feel good that they're not only smart but able to put their smarts to use. (I worry about that with my son.)

And skinny white jeans are the trickiest, so enjoy the new pair and forget the others for now.

Thanks Beets :)

Day 26

7.15am - same old same old

9.30am - too strong & too big a coffee at a coffee morning - had me out of sorts all day :(

11am - pecan pie nakd bar because I felt all icky & shaky - prob compounded matters!

1pm - bah no sardines left! 2 hb eggs, kimchi, apple & almond butter

5.30pm - zoodles bolegnase

Physibeth, I am used to my little nespresso coffees, this was treble the size....too much caffeine for me all in one go. :wacko:

Day 27

? Not sure if that is right, this is why you should always start a W30 on the 1st of the month :lol:

Very pleasant but busy day today.

7.15am - egg loaf & blk coffee - very glad to see the end of this batch! Sick of it

Last day of school today, so went to end of year assembly where the school library team that I volunteer for got presented thank you gifts from the kids :wub: 

7958_10151622939348666_806779249_n.jpg

and a €15 book voucher :D  Was blushing like a mad thing when we had to go up to the top of the hall!

Then I went to the shops to get food for kids for picnic & went to the village to hit up the charity (thrift) shops. Got these jeans for €3.75 :) and some other nice stuff.

School closed early at 12.30 & we walked to the local park/playground - the kids played & the mums sat & chatted.

I had

Hb eggs, proscioutto, avo/may/lime mush, apple slices, celery sticks & almond butter. Ginger kombucha.

There was lots of "goodies" being passed aorund but I didn't feel deprived very much.

Was there till 3pm, wrecked when I got home & headachey - had a lie-down as I have to go to bookclub tonight - not looking fwd to it at all really - no wine, and the host is not my fav. person to say the least and she is has going on a baking spree for it :rolleyes:

Dinner was good - I made a parcel of spinach, cherry tomatoes & cod, with lemon, evoo, s&p. Had it with a small baked sweet potato. All liberally doused with mayo. Tasted better than it looked!

bcdae1e2e01111e2965422000a9f18cc_6.jpg

I've never tried making fish in a packet. Maybe I should add that to my list of things to try.

Sounds like you had a very nice day.

As a Seattleite it is very very hard to wrap my head around the concept of too much coffee personally but I will trust you.  :lol:  ;)

Derval, how did you make the fish in a packet? Also, what Orr of sardines would you recommend for a novice. I really want to like them. I've had them before but didn't feel inclined to go back for more.

The card from the kids is great. What book did you read for book club?

Morning Calee, I laid out a double sheet on greaseproof paper and tinfoil (foil on outside). Laid a layer of baby spinach, about 8 cheery tomatoes, and then the cod on top. Squeezed over lemon , evoo, s&p. Baked at gas 7 for about 25 minutes - but I had lots of stuff int he oven so might take less if you were cooking it on it's own.

These are the sardines I use, don't know if you have the same brand?

http://www.john-west.ie/sardines-in-olive-oil/

and this was our book, I really liked it

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11250053-the-snow-child

Hi Derval, your Whole 30 looks like it's going really well. Not long to go now! Are you feeling good?

I buy the John West sardines too though am looking forward to fresh sardines on my hols in Portugal-they are lovely there.

Omg, my message has disappeared :( It was right after Beet's post. Something is telling me to stop spamming on the forum :D Anyways, It was something about "why don't we have 70$ jeand in thrift stores", "bring the booch to the book club", "pretty card and no wonder kids adore you" and "have fun regardless of the bakery set up".

Summergirl, tuuuunaaaa with caramelized onions and grilled sardines. I am so jealouse! I want to go back.

Thanks SG, lucky you off on hols, the pitfall of holidaying in May :(

Love your post synopsis Nadia xx

The bookclub was ok, she made these massive individual tirramisus for everyone. Got some annoying banter "jesus, why do you put yourself through it??" but hey ho. I need to get better at defending or deflecting or just not drawing attenetion to myself at all.

Day 27#2 :lol:

9am - black coffee, cd1 & woke up feeling crappy, swollen glands & ready to run away from them all :angry:

11am - kids & dh went off to his parents so couple of hours on my own - had banana, almond butter & raisins for breakfast :rolleyes: and a chocolate nespresso with coconut milk.

1pm - bacon, fried egg, spinach, sweet potato, cherry tomatoes. YUM.

3.30pm - got text from one of lily friends mums wondering where we were - arghhhh - forgotten the party! bad mummy! So drove lily to that...went to shops after & sat in car park with a starbucks americanno and a cocoa ornage nakd bar - isn't it sad how much of a treat this felt like :lol:

6pm - zoodle bolegnesa.

Had another great day at the thrift store (different one!) I found the exact same dress I bought in 2007 to wear to my two friends weddings, but in a much smaller size!

June 2007 size 16 (12 usa)

1449_10151625452523666_385107585_n.jpg

June 2013 size 10 (size 6 usa)

1011371_10151625458918666_1854074072_n.j

And it was only €4, I paid €95 for it originally!!

• Moderators

You are the darlingest! In both pictures!

You are also the best thrift store shopper I know. What a find!

Quite a transformation you've made and sustained. So very inspiring. Good for you, lady.

Derval, how wonderful!  I am so inspired by you, it makes me want to go workout even though it is 8:45 at night and almost my bedtime.  Thank you for posting those pics, and what a darling dress!  Have a loverly weekend :P

Best breakfast ever :D Raisins are the best protein, everyone knows!

I just add that I think you are wearing my favorite nail polish so far (maybe after dulche which I am obsessed with thank you very much). Is it close to Butter Lady Muck? Sorry, can't link for a swatch pic.

Glad that driving seems alright now.

Archived