The "Return of the Dirty Thirty" 12 January start date

dcducks1

CC - I didn't  know you were in the Big Apple.   I imagine there's lots of Paleo places there and BB (bone broth).    You can kick back and enjoy your week.

Miki - Catch and Release up with you later.

Tulip -  we are all wery wery qwiet out there.   Are you hunting wascally wabbits?

Tonya -  get as much rest while you can.

I'm putting on the feed bag.  Time to nut and bolt.

fixadores-4-3-2.jpg

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ladyshanny:  I missed you!  & meanwhile I found this group..... If I remember correctly that was M1 & M2 and I don't remember what I had for M3 but I am definitely not hungry or eating too little!!!! Do not worry I don't follow the starve to lose weight theory and I have not felt HANGRY once!

Can we critique today:

M1: 3 eggs 1 egg white 2 persian cucumbers 1/2 pint container grape tomatoes, kalamata olives, splash of lemon

almond milk, coffee, 1 date cashews

M2: very large salad greens, salmon, balsamic vinaigraitte, small bowl of sweet potato veggie soup

M3: very big salad with 2 scallions 1/3 apple sliced into it, a bit of pine nuts, balsamic vinaigraitte, cooked mushrooms, pan seared salmon

(I used my mayo fail as a marinade for the salmon and mushrooms; delicious!)

Sorry Tulipgirl, if I'm missing something, but on this day in question you ate an egg, an egg white, a chicken cutlet, a piece of veggie bake, some soup and 4 nuts? And you also worked out?  Yikes, girlfriend, that is not enough food at ALL.  And if this is a correct summary of that day up to and including your lunch, your lack of weight loss question might have everything to do with the fact that your body is hanging onto every smidge it can get.

Maybe I misread these few posts about what you were eating that day and if so, I am open to correction.  But if not, you need to EAT.

ladyshanny:  I missed you!  & meanwhile I found this group..... If I remember correctly that was M1 & M2 and I don't remember what I had for M3 but I am definitely not hungry or eating too little!!!! Do not worry I don't follow the starve to lose weight theory and I have not felt HANGRY once!

Can we critique today:

M1: 3 eggs 1 egg white 2 persian cucumbers 1/2 pint container grape tomatoes, kalamata olives, splash of lemon

almond milk, coffee, 1 date cashews

M2: very large salad greens, salmon, balsamic vinaigraitte, small bowl of sweet potato veggie soup

M3: very big salad with 2 scallions 1/3 apple sliced into it, a bit of pine nuts, balsamic vinaigraitte, cooked mushrooms, pan seared salmon

(I used my mayo fail as a marinade for the salmon and mushrooms; delicious!)

• Administrators

Awww! I've been seeing you on here, nice to see you finding your way. So as a final word on that M1 and M2 that we were talking about, that is not enough food. Your meals now look pretty good, glad to see you eating starchies and fat and lots of veggies. As you Whole30 on your hormones will balance and your body will properly manage calories. Stay with it! :)

All -welcome to week TWO! The hard stuff is behind us....almost! Keep up the good work!

Went hunting yesterday and slipped on icy rocks down at the shoreline and fell hard on my bad shoulder. It throbbed all day and made for a rough night of sleep. We did get eight ducks and some quality Father-son time with my youngest. He came home and told my wife about the fall so I was in the doghouse for the rest of the day.

I was able to change the oil, brakes and rotate the tires on my wife's mini-van before my shoulder just gave up. I was going to work on my Jeep but instead I drove it to a mechanic friend and dropped it off for him to tackle.

In-laws came for dinner which was nice and then off to an early bed I went. Aside from the shoulder, I am feeling great, plenty of energy, allergy congestion is rapidly going away, and even with poor sleep due to the shoulder, I am wide awake and making death threats against the day if it gives me a hard time.

I will write more later, have a great day!

Dave

Good Morning Dirty 30's,

This is an interesting dirty 30 for me. Today is my first "I wanna stay in bed headache", so perhaps I didn't drink enough water yesterday?. I'm going to slide into an AIP loose version (no potato, tomato, nuts, eggwhites) and see how I do. Yes CC you are right, I'm a little thick sculled when it comes to the fact that my beloved nuts do not agree with me!

Boss is bringing leftover cauli-rice for lunch, so just need to get to the gym and have a good breakfast. 

Darling Dave, you haven't taught that boy about male solidarity? Poor Kelly, it must be like have 4 boys...or is it 3...well, you know what I mean. You never stop, so impressive.

As usual, I love the cleaning in this "Dave-style program"...body and home and yard and office. I haven't overhauled the honda yet, but that may be coming.

I wanna see the new Carole King show...has anyone seen that?

Laurie, hope you are good and Steve is feeling okay today. I bet I could fatten him up on a whole 30, lol...I have talents you know.

Meadow, make it a great week.

Lots of new names for me to learn in this group, I'll make a better effort this week, I promise. Need to write to Deb. Rosann are you lurking? 

Okay, 5:05...no more bushes (bs), off to the gym to give dirty 30 looks to the wedding-ring-guy.

Week two...I hear my tiger's blood crying in the distance. 

Loving my hot sauce.

Miki

Good morning all,

Congrats on your week 2 mark! I'm on Day 20 (so so sooo close!). My sleep is good, my energy is good, my cravings are under control however I'm having a serious problem with bloating and gas :(. I'm hoping some of you W30 vet's might be able to help with that! I do have a pretty sensitive stomach and I'm allergic to just about everything (seriously) however I assumed/hoped that I wouldn't get the gas/bloating on this plan since I'm eating so clean.. anyways below are my general staples.. any and all advice welcome :)

Proteins: canned tuna, ground turkey, chicken, steak, ground beef

Veggies: tomato's, spinach, celery, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, onion, garlic, romaine

Starchy Veggies: sweet potato, butternut squash, spaghetti squash

fat: coconut milk, avocado, coconut oil, olive oil, almonds, walnuts

thanks a bunch and happy tuesday!

Sam

Dave -  wondering if  you are having surgery on your shoulder in the near future.   I hope you are alright.  I know you are tough as a boot but dang it,  I don't like to hear that somebody is hurt.   My father is one of 3 brothers.   Paw is a Marine, one was Navy, the other Army.   I've told you that my father is a disabled veteran.   He's home/chairbound.   I help my mother take care of him.   We also took care of his elder brother...my aunt crossed over.   Yesterday,  Paw's brother crossed over, too.     It's very, very hard on my father.    He's not falling apart but stoic and brave.    I don't fall apart in front of family either.   I know full well that it's contagious and too much grief can bring on  fear and panic.     I'm good at holding up for my folks in an emergency and always go off by myself to let my real emotions show.   

I honestly don't know if I would've had this much bravery without the WD30..   Changing the way I was eating over the last 230 days has given me a leg up.    It's prepared me for tough situations like this.   I've been eating fish - morning noon and night.    That's like 'crack' for your brain.   I've never had crack or even smoked a ciggie in my entire life.   I've watched to0 many relatives smoke ciggies.   Back to fish.   I suggest more fish to anyone out there who is struggling with what's for breakfast, lunch or dinner.    Bears know, they thrive on fish.   There are bear bears and my husband, Bear.   He's paleo man if there ever was one.    

I just want to thank all of you again for letting me dance through your lives.   The half has not been told of the many ways the WD30 and you have helped me.

Meadow - Do not worry about me. I am as tough as a rock.....and almost as smart! Surgery is scheduled for the 13th of February so not too far away. I'm not concerned, just hoping to be pain free when it's complete. Sorry to hear of your relative crossing over. I hope it was quick, painless, and for the best. I am glad to hear you are being so brave.....your journey thru this program has been remarkable. I hope you know you can always come here to show your true emotions or send me a private message.

I remember our first W30 and how quiet you were. You were so reserved and I was happy to see you come out of the shadows of yourself, embrace the day and your life and move towards a new and vibrant self. Your confidence has flourished in the past 9 months and I couldn't be happier for you. Not only have you helped yourself, but you have unselfishly helped sooo many others with great advice, pictures, humor, and true caring and compassion. You are our Rock Star and the group should be grateful that we have you!

You are starting to realize just how powerful and strong you truly are! This is a good thing and you should not let off the momentum. You have proven time and again that you are a conqueror........nothing is allowed to stand in your way. Over, under, around, or thru it...........you will get to the other side.

Thanks for all that you have taught me too!

Chief

Day 20 for me.

I'm craving dessert in a big way. Despite being wildly busy it keeps seeping into my thoughts... all day... chocolate.... 

Went through the drive through today: "I'll have an UNsweet tea!" (extra emphasis!)

Got to the window to pay, "You got that as an UNsweet tea, right?" (in an extra nice but still emphatic voice)

"yep!"

Got to the next window and am handed my drink, just for added measure, "This is UNsweet right?" (can you see I've dealt w/ this before?)

"Yep!"

Drive to my destination, walk in the building, poke straw through cup and sip...... can you guess???

southern girl problems, nobody orders that here.

Anyways, no tiger blood, but I finally slept like a champ last night! 

I'm in that tough spot where I feel like nothing's working but I remember that's normal and I'm not about to give up right before the breakthrough.  Can't recall if I'm spot on with the w30 timeline, wasn't day 20 or 21 typically the toughest?

Tired of the same foods, need to look into homemade sauces and dressings to liven up my meals.

Alright, no more whining, this cranky pants is going to bed, exhausted.

Meadow - sorry for your loss and your dad's.  I hope he finds his peace soon.  It's tough.  Lost my dad in late Oct - now Mom is starting to have issues.  Even when it's 'time', it's still hard.

Today I have been in a poor mood.  I've been wondering why - and maybe I should chalk it up to detox?  Frustrated, anxious, angry...I hope this passes soon.  I have run out of prepped food and that may be part of my frustration.  I have to think "what can I eat?"  Prep tomorrow.

• Administrators

I'm craving dessert in a big way. Despite being wildly busy it keeps seeping into my thoughts... all day... chocolate.... 

Make sure you are having template meals and include ample fats if you are craving sweets excessively. Also watch the fruit and dried fruit consumption if you have it because it will keep your dragons alive.

Sam, I'm not sure if this will help you, but it seems to have helped me a lot. I looked up gas and bloating from increased veggie consumption and it suggested eating smaller bites and chewing a lot. It has really helped me. I don't think I realized how fast I was eating, especially when I'm hungry, so now I try to make sure my bite only covers the fork tines and then I chew and chew...good luck.

I'm personally worried for the poor docs and nurses that have to operate on Driver Dave. I hope they're prepared for chore lists and white glove inspections and GOD FORBID they try to serve him any of that lifeless, fake food from the hospital kitchen. I hope Kelly warns those poor people. He'll be rewiring machinery and streamlining their work orders...whew.

Meadow Maiden, I just picture you the glue of your family. We too lost a darling uncle last night. He leaves a darling woman behind who has devoted her entire life to loving him, where does she go from here? I will send love and healing your way and you will share with your family. May the warmth of his memory fill you all with rainbows of joy and gratitude for the time you spent together. Life is short and we are all lucky to have you in our lives.

Jesslight, maybe this weekend you can try some new recipes. Thai curry, pineapple fried cauli rice. sweet potato with soft cooked egg on top. chopped saladwith raisins, cooked chicken, apple...soups are really fun.

Shanny, good advice.

Not sure if I'm imagining it or not, but I think my hands are a little better finally. My boss was irritated with me because I wouldn't try her coleslaw with agave or her soup with just a little milk and chicken broth. I tried to remain cheery, but it's no fun disappointing people.

Okay, gym time comes early.

Keep up the GREAT WORK everyone.

Miki - I was hoping to find you here.    Dave and ChiggerCane, thanks a million for your kind words.    We've taken care of all of the details.    Miki - I'm sorry for you loss, too.   Young or old, we are all very attached to our family members.      Bear is making a big dinner on Thursday.   He thinks good food takes care of everything.   I hope Dave can get his hands on WD30 foods at the hospital.

Miki - it can be a touchy ordeal when we have to tell folks...thanks anyway but I'll have to El Paso on that.    I went to the swimming hole today...or the cement pond.   Good one on ya for getting up at the crack of dawn every day.   It really helps to start the day out right.   I believe rising with the sun and seeing the morning glory makes us feel more alive.   Sunrise has secrets to tell ... if we go back to sleep we'll miss them.

Meadow, I share your love of the sunrise and the joy it brings to get up first thing in the morning, grateful for another day of life and to be strong and able.

What swimming hole could you go to this time of year?

I agree with Bear. I think home cooked food carries with it the energy of the cook, the love and well wishes. I feel that about home made gifts at well, they are just something more.

Okay, heading to bed kiddos. Tomorrow is another glorious day.

ME

Good morning all! I love the sunrise talk! Sounds like I have some people who are ready to join me in the duck blind for splendid views of the rising sun! Kelly says I must be crazy to leave a nice warm bed with her laying in it to go freeze my butt off with a wet dog. Maybe I am, but I truly enjoy those mornings.

Miki - my condolences for your recent loss! 

I have my surgery prep appointment meeting in a week or so to discuss how things are going to happen. I already told them that I wasn't spending the night and they said they would send me home with some pills to put me down for a day or so. I wasn't going to eat their crap anyway. I tried to see if they would just do local anesthesia so I could be awake during the procedure but they already shot that down.......I will try again at the prep appointment.

Today is Wednesday and I want you to clean up high today. Above door frames, lights, ceiling fans, return vents, windows, tops of hanging pictures. Dust, wipe down, wash, disinfect, whatever it takes. 30 minutes worth is all I need...DONT SHORT CHANGE ME!

Let's stretch them bones, work those bodies, and help ourselves towards our goals. I want you to do some stretching today. That doesn't mean stretch out on the bed for a nap! Slowly stretch out those muscles and really take the time to relax and enjoy the stretching. When you are good and limber......stretch your legs for about 15 minutes for a power walk! Get out and get some exercise, even if it's during a lunch break. If your job can't allow you to get out for 15 minutes to help your health....get a new job!

We have a bunch of people LURKING in the shadows of this forum................come out, speak up, let us know how you are doing! Don't be shy........I don't bite.....well......some days I don't!

I'm awake, I'm wound up, and I'm feeling the Tiger Blood in me! Go grab the day and kick it in the ass!

Dave

I don't think I even came by for a quick visit yesterday, a busy day!

Meadow & Miki - I'm so sorry for your losses.  It's so hard to see our loved ones in pain.

Jeslight-The tea!!!  That has happened to me so many times that I am now the one who will sit at the drive-thru window and check my tea to make sure it's unsweet.  I don't care about everyone behind me waiting for their cardboard burgers and plexiglass fries.  Why is it so hard to get unsweetened tea???!!!

Dave-Hope your shoulder is improving from your fall.  So you are having surgery on the same shoulder you fell on?  I also want to comment that it will take me more than 30 minutes to do a top cleaning - I will save that chore for this weekend, it's a good one. 

Sam- Maybe it's the cruciferous vegetables?  

I'm feeling a bit more energetic and the headache is gone.  It really does help to amp up the water.  Yesterday, I realized that the fatigue comes in spurts, interlaced with bouts of energy.  So even though I am feeling tired at times, this is a better tired than the tired, listless mood I was constantly in as a result of the carb/sugar/processed foods blood sugar roller coaster.    With this tired, I still feel like doing things, with the other tired I just wanted to lay around all day. 

Another light bulb - the hunger pains I feel shortly after eating are probably related to the desire for sugar and carbs.  How can I possibly be hungry after eating 4 eggs and a bunch of veggies cooked in coconut oil?  My body is trying to trick me!  I know soon it will regulate, though.  I can read this stuff and it goes right over my head until it relates to me. 

Started back to my yoga class last night - we were on a 6 week hiatus due to the holidays.  I love this class! 

Onward and upward people!

This is the third time I am trying to post.  I am an expert at losing posts!

Meadow and Miki - so sorry for your loss.  Sending thoughts and hugs to both of you.

Miki - I am sending Steve to California so you can fatten him up Whole 30 style.

Dave - I am sure you will NOT be a good patient!   Maybe before the operation you can deep clean the operating room.

CC - next milestone for Steve might be returning to work but that is still many months away.

How come Dave got Tiger Blood before me. I'm so close to something I can taste it. Yesterday I had a fruit and nut butter meltdown. I have to marry that fricken template. I want the peaceful control that Meadow and CC have found with their food. 

Today is a new day. I don't have a plan, need to cook. that is never good. I will do much better prep this weekend.I need to close the kitchen. Yesterday was making a big beef stew for the boys and I just don't do well being around food that long. I drug their darling derrieres into that kitchen to help, but still the nutbutter and apple cried out and sadly I still treat nutbutter like a dip. (I KNOW...I should just throw it out). I know the kids like it, but maybe I'll get them that stuff they love that I have...what it it called? well, it' popular.

Overslept (due off-road eating I'm sure) today so no gym. I will walk around with a wet paper towel every day and will wipe every door jam, high picture and mirror canting "I'm no quitter I can say, Template eating for today. My mind won't lead me astray. My Whole 30's here to stay." OoRah!

Dave, I can hear those ducks shiver when they hear your door quietly shut. Luckily for Kelly, that crazy man who leaves her in that warm bed to go duck hunting, also brings her breakfast in that bed. 

GOOOOOD Morning kids. Wow...6:30 and the sun still hasn't winked over the horizon...off to the shower. Make it a great day!

Miki

Laurie, you send Steve to me, there is always room for one more. That handsome young man won't know what hit him!

Tonya, I'm so glad it's not me. I had a wonderful breakfast yesterday and lo and behold, not twenty minutes after feeling stuffed my stomach was growling. Luckily I got busy, but what the heck. And at night it is very difficult for me. I just have to find a way to make a rule and stick to it. I'm trying to hit a yoga class tomorrow and thursday...or is that todya, how it is...ok. That really helps ground me.

now I have to go...NOBODY else post till I get in the shower please.

Archived